Is Detroit Booming Again?

I'm reading everywhere that Detroit is growing faster than it has ever done in recent times. I looked into it myself and I see a lot of construction/redevelopment projects downtown and the neighbourhoods that were preserved are selling houses for hundreds of thousand, millions in some cases.

Is Detroit becoming white again?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/maps/place/Tim Hortons/@42.490187,-83.1198985,444m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0xcc36b1ea91f4cc0a!8m2!3d42.4902082!4d-83.1184052
youtube.com/watch?v=dDFCJfztpQg
youtube.com/watch?v=3NdX4ZCwSl8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

We can send the niggers across the river to ontario leaf if that is what you want.

Detroit bro checking in

The gentrification is ablaze right now. Detroit is a millionaires playground (especially with real estate)

While many historical things about the city are being celebrated/preserved, others are getting completely whitewashed.

It's also smug as fuck around here sometimes.

where would be a good place to buy a house?

Ever since they put White people back in direct control of the city, yes it is starting to become an actual city again. After the city declared bankruptcy, the state government stepped in and required all financial decisions to be approved by a Lansing-based (White) council. Also, they elected their first White mayor since the 1970s. It's weird what happens when you take power away from corrupt, incompetent people and give it to people who know how to fix things.

They got money from the state and white people got shamed into pitching in.

Oakland County

I'm thinking of moving to Detroit for work after school, I live in Windsor. How is the atmosphere around downtown? I've been to Michigan many times but straight to Twelve Oaks or something far from Detroit.

Here is literally the view from around where I live.

A lot of these articles can be misleading. Yes there is a lot of momentum, but this city is deceptively huge and it still needs a lot of work. There is a huge push to turn the city around, all to the dissappointment of the very people that are just really fucking used to it looking like shit.

TLDR - Nigs ruined it, noone cared for awhile, white folks started rubbin their hands together, rich white kids think they are part of some cultural revolution LEL

As close to Woodward Avenue (the main drag) as possible. Not more than half a mile from it.

LMAO. Google earth and basic logic says you're wrong.

Yuppies will only migrate to places with jobs. That means the east coast or the west coast tech centers. Detroit is unfortunately in the mid-west.

Looks like aside from some shitty suburban style apts in midtown and some ugly single family homes in the SW, detroit just continues to become the urban forest we always knew it would become.

YOU HAVE TIM HORTON'S IN DETROIT, CONFIRMED SHITPOST

google.com/maps/place/Tim Hortons/@42.490187,-83.1198985,444m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0xcc36b1ea91f4cc0a!8m2!3d42.4902082!4d-83.1184052

Ideally something close to your school. Which school is it?

University of Windsor. Amazon was actually at my school last week recruiting students.

White hipsters on the other hand LOVE torn up old neighborhoods.

Also, the auto companies are still based in the area and are always in need of people with tech skills.

Well, from my experience of living in the Detroit suburbs for over a decade, anything hugging the western side of I-275 is spectacular if you are middle class. 50 Shades of White, etc.

Right off University. I miss Dragons Inn. I miss Windsor.

yeah, but the problem is that you already tore down most of your good architecture. Most of the infill is shitty suburban crap.

>Nigs ruined it
That's a huge oversimplification. Detroit got the way it was because white people got scared, left, and tried to turn it into a prison-city like in Escape from New York.

I'm not saying Detroit wasn't run by incompetent and greedy city officials, but race relations in Michigan is literally 100% white neighborhoods and 100% black neighborhoods that mistrust each other right next to each other. You can go from Aleppo to Beverly Hills in two minutes on foot.

Timmy Horts is everywhere in SE Michigan.

You're better off getting a hourly job, but the benefits aren't what they used to be and I know people who've been temps for years.

How's River Rouge /Del Ray? I'm a chemical engineer + love industrial aesthetics. How much would it cost me to move close to Zug Island?

Yeah, I know. I'm Chaldean and Chaldean's in Detroit are hella rich. I've seen some huge ass houses in some beautiful ass places.

Windsor fag here who frequents Detroit often. Some parts are being gentrified but it's still full of crime and niggers, would not recommend.

there's a five guys at 8 Mile west of 275

so I can vouch for user

they need to get some five guys more towards novi/wixom/new hudson

Eww, no one goes there anymore. I don't know when the last time you've been here was but that area has changed a lot. It's basically Asia town x10 and there are new university buildings.

Try the Riverfront area near Belle Isle. Tons of re-purposed old timey industrial buildings turned into lofts. I wouldn't want to live near Zug Island, as it's basically one giant slag heap.

>8mile

Do they have moms spaghetti?

It's booming with the sound of rap blasted from cars and Googles shooting each other, yeah.

My brother moved there recently as an engineer for GM and he's white. So maybe some truth to it?

Thanks to David Sarif

Matt B?

Palms are sweaty

Dude, I'm not a hipster, I like functional industry. I want to smell the stack smoke.

naw

Dude, 8 Mile Road goes straight across the entire state from one great lake to the other. In the area that it cuts through that we're talking about, where it intersects I-275, yeah they have Mom's Spaghetti...at the nearest mid-prices Italian chain restaurant. Also, if you continue down 8 Mile past the Wayne County border, it turns into an unpaved dirt road.

The corner is always boomin in the murda mitten my nigga

you drive from canada to fucking twelve oaks?? that's worth the drive to you?

It's starting to turn around but it's still a shithole.
Don't fall for any scam $1 houses. It's a tax trap to put you on the hook for 6 figures in back taxes.

>I want to smell the stack smoke.

Your interests perplex me.

I have family who when they immigrated to the US lived on 8 mile (1990's). They moved out 2 years later and are living the American Dream Today.

Gotta get that THC, bro (Tim Horton's Coffee).

I've been fascinated with heavy industry since I was a kid man. It's why I'm graduating with a chemical engineering degree.

this guy knows whats up. my city used to be great but the antique farm equipment is flooding it. this user is suggesting a place starting about 4.5 miles from me. i need to head that way.

I don't think you know how close Windsor is. After crossing the bridge it's like a drive from downtown.

No, it's becoming empty.

oakwood heights looks pretty dope

i do know exactly how close it is.

it's just that twelve oaks is the mall i've gone to my entire life, i never considered it anything special, especially not to where a canadian would drive over just to go there.

I have read about this same thing. A big reason why a lot of Detroit houses are abandoned and stay abandoned is because of the gigantic tax bill waiting to be given to the first unlucky guy who buys it. That's why the hipster element was so important. They basically started out squatting in these old abandoned buildings evading the taxes, and no one really cared enough about it to bother prosecuting them (the city had no spare money to that anyway). Because these hipsters are White, land values mysteriously creeked slightly upwards, and once the land values got to a sort of "bare minimum", it gave a sort of green light to developers to start pouring in.

tl;dr: if the current redevelopment of Detroit is a forest fire, White hipsters were the match.

If you're a greedy risk-taker with capital it is a great environment to get some houses to flip.

Detroit resident, the city isn't diversifying its industry like it should be, hipsters are moving into Ferndale and Royal Oak (Not Detroit), there's no real gentrification going on beside five apartment buildings on Woodward and Michigan, and Zug still smells like the Bol'sheviks.

Move here if you're an entrepreneur or Republican.

Buying property, improving it, and selling it for a higher price is greedy?

Go fuck yourself commie.

We should kill the Morouns and annex Windsor for the hot strippers.

There's nothing mysterious about it. Government and private investment comes the moment white people are involved. That's why Detroit is the way it is - people segregate like Apartheid South Africa here.

>tfw white male that just got a job as an automation engineer for a large automotive company downtown

Not gonna lie, I liked the city better when there were random stray cat trappers and less hipster faggots going on 100+ slow rolls in the summer.

I just want everyone to keep thinking of Detroit as the burned out, Robocop city so it doesn't turn into another Shitcago

Side note: it's exciting that parts of Detroit are starting to become safe enough for tourism.

Pic related. The Ford Piquette Avenue Plant not far from Woodward Avenue was built in 1904 and is the world's oldest car factory building open to the public. AFAIK, it's also the only such car factory still standing that pre-dates the first car assembly line (first used down the road at a larger Ford Plant in 1913). If you like legit old timey junk, you'll get a kick out of this one.

The original Durant-Dort carriage factory was built in 1880 and still stands in Flint. That became Buick and later GM under Billy Durant.

>tfw Sup Forums accidentally made pic related into reality thanks to meme magic

fucking kek

>I like functional industry
wtf does that even mean? Detroit's a fucking dump. One of the worst in the nation. And that's saying something. Sure, there is a downtown center where things can be entertaining but it's just not worth it. Only idealist hipsters move there. Go larp where you are less likely to get shot. Look at city data for all the evidence you need.

Many people from Windsor are more loyal to the US than Canada. Mainly because the rest of Ontario is centered around Toronto.

>Durant-Dort carriage factory
I actually did not know about that one. I suppose the description for the one I mentioned should be changed to oldest factory building originally built to make cars.

Detroit is probably equivalent to the safest part of Brazil.

All the nogs are gone so it's a good time to move back to Detroit.

Was thinking about visiting
Is Detroit still full robocop ?

That's fine, most people don't know a thing about GM's history.

If this was twenty, even ten years ago I could've gotten you a tour through the Buick itself. That place was incredible - secret tunnels everywhere.

Does this mean we can expect a Super Bowl ring in a year or two?

Nowhere near Detroit.

How to keep a city alive:

1. Keep niggers out completely or relegated to nigger containment zones.
2. Don't tax the fuck out of businesses so they actually want to do business there.
3. Don't tax the fuck out of whites so they can actually live and work there.
4. Keep your leadership white.

That is literally it.

>1. Keep niggers out completely or relegated to nigger containment zones.
That is literally what started the mess in the first place.

Do you people actually want to know about Detroit, or do you want to meme?

No, this is just the end stages of the mouse utopia experiment.

I wish to believe but I don't see much hope and change. Just shit and Shineola.

of course not

expect a hundred years of fluctuating between 9-7 and 4-12

So will this game become reality?
youtube.com/watch?v=dDFCJfztpQg

youtube.com/watch?v=3NdX4ZCwSl8
R.I.P Tay.

If anyone even so much as implies that that team has even a slight chance of winning the Super Bowl, they're Lion.

maybe the chinese will buy it. they like the challenge and they have the pull to bring millions of people into this country

They already are. The Chinese and Berkshire Hathaway have been buying up tons of property in Michigan.

Ho'kay boios. 734 here, 313 briefly when I lived close to midtown for school for two years. I'll give you the scoop as best I can.

The whole gentrification thing is not happening, it's DEFCON 1, Cocked pistol levels of happening. But only in Midtown, Downtown, and along the riverfront. A few of the big companies in Detroit, especially Quickenloans, has bought up a lot of property and offered great deals to employees who agree to move to Detroit while working for their company. Smaller businesses are becoming stable and bigger name businesses are coming in while there's still real estate to pick from.

However, I want to say Detroit is close to, if not peaking already. I don't follow Detroit's future too much, because I don't intend to stay in the area for much longer and I stopped caring, but It really does seem like the only places that will have any sort of revival in Detroit is Midtown, Downtown, Downtown is back and booming as a tourist destination and as a hipster hotspot. It's always been a place where people come for sports and shows on occasion, but now people are willing to venture around on foot a bit more. There is also that Train system being built along Woodword that should be going into effect soon? It'll link Midtown with Downtown and make traveling the city easier, so Detroit might experience more of a boom still.

>Is Detroit becoming white again?
Not really. Whites are moving back for business, hipsters are moving for it's growing art scene, but Detroit will probably remain black, if not for the miles of ghetto land. There are parts of Detroit where you could seriously go off the grid, if you tried.

>Buying a house

You literally missed your opportunity. The only ones selling houses now are fucking dipshit realestate wannabes trying to recoup their losses.

>Moving to Detroit
Why tho

Unless you got a job offer, you're better off moving to the metro detroit area and driving in.

no. whats actually happening is about every 2 years the local government gets together and decides to expand what is legally defined as the Detroit Metro Area. the city of Detroit stops at 8 mile, but Detroit Metro goes all the way to 19. and they keep expanding it hoping that if they swallow enough white neighborhoods itll even out the statistics.

>willfully moving from Ontario to Michigan

Ontario is shit but Michigan is next-level shit
at least try to get to Minnesota or Wisconsin

>larp
unless my career counts as role play, than I'm not larping man. Not serious about detroit though, it's too far gone to be of any interest.

This. Too many nogs, jews, immigrants and white trash. Up north is cool and Michigan is a naturally beautiful state in places but its a somewhat of a containment zone being a peninsular state and is a burnt out industrial wasteland at it's heart.

t. Michigander my whole life and wants to leave

knowing how it worked in Berlin
>abandoned, cheap property
>squats, clubs and vegan cafes start growing like mushrooms
>speaking of mushrooms usually every drug in the world becomes available for sale if authorities do not move quick enough
>young, creative talent is attracted by the art, night, social and drug culture - suddenly there's actually shit of value
>property price rises, cycle continues

is Detroit following the same pattern?