/swco/ - Star Wars Comics and Cartoons

No hats edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out This Week:
Star Wars Rebels S4E5/6: "The Occupation/Flight of the Defender" (Mon 30)
The Legends of Luke Skywalker (Journey to The Last Jedi) (Tue 31)
Darth Vader #7: Legacy's End (Wed 1)

>Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Trailer 2
youtube.com/watch?v=JtigV-biVGg

>Rebels Recon: In the Name of the Rebellion, Parts 1 and 2
youtube.com/watch?v=XO8tJ4G1mag

>New Rebels Previews
youtube.com/watch?v=7ycbZWrDMiE
youtube.com/watch?v=zttwn-INyj8

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=-AIH28G2YRo

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi - BTS
youtube.com/watch?v=Xj6wvL1iYVU

>Star Wars Battlefront 2 Single Player Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=FNUTWw17rkM

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpSnlSGciSWNBXSxZZrsvWdnoGsLCr6WL

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-AIH28G2YRo
youtube.com/watch?v=MDYX_PgorRY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What is she, /swco/?

We know you're the guy who comes in here every other day to act confused about blatantly obvious shit as a shitposting tactic. Tomorrow you'll come in here asking why everyone thinks Leia is Luke's sister because there's no proof in the movies. The next day you'll come in here asking why Jango changed his name to Boba.

>No hats
>>Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Trailer
>youtube.com/watch?v=-AIH28G2YRo
FUCK YOU OP AND YOUR GAY ASS THREAD

Quick someone give Filoni a hat!

Jango didn't change his name to Boba you fool. We see Boba pick up Jango's helmet after Mace Windu knocks it off Jango's head.

Jango is in the next movie without a helmet as OB1's commander.

Okay so I'm not that user but what reason did Luke have to believe Ben?
He had just strait up lied to Luke and told him that Darth Vader was his father and then when caught in the lie bullshitted his way out of it by giving the infamous "a certain point of view" bullshit.
Why didn't Ben tell him when they saw the communication? Was he not "ready for such information" then? (I am well aware that at the time Leia was not suppose to be his sister in the story, and for the record i think the "Leia is my sister twist" is lame) Or Yoda for that matter, he also knew that little green fuck.
Luke just strait up accepts it, and so does Leia, personally its the weakest aspect of the OT really.

>Hat meme

It really isn't that funny. It got a chuckle the first two threads. Its been 9 months. Stop.

youtube.com/watch?v=MDYX_PgorRY

>Somehow I've always known
Such great atmosphere, lighting, and general setting.
But the acting is so bad, you can really see just how blown out on cocaine poor Carrie really is

I bet you're the anti Sawposting guy too

Last thread was on the last page as the final thread. I couldn't even post this thread in it before it popped off. Make the thread yourself next time faggots

As long Rigneemanon keeps on going, "it's been X amount of time" will never be a valid argument

This now needs a hat variant too.

does anyone want to critique the first page of my star wars fanfiction

>Master Race

It's because the undercurrent has caught it, not long they will be on the front page or plebbit or r/prequelmemes or whatever its called, and that as we know is the death of a meme.

>huabando
You fucked up

nah, he's a great pilot and makes moonshine

Thank god they haven't ruined best meme

They took all the good ones and left us with shitty ass ss-posting

I love you.

I know.

Hats are for losers. Coats are the new hotness.

And yet he has a hat too

is it erotic?

That is a cape.

>January solicitations dont show a new Jedi of the Republic series

Errand boys get out.

With the release of VIII getting closer I’d like to finally put together something I’ve been stewing on for more than a year now. Because in less than 6 months the Zelda cycle is going to take effect and VII will be popular while VIII is considered hot garbage after the initial hype dies. This already happened with the entire prequel trilogy. So, without further ado

Pottery Awakens: Inverse Mirror of the OT

I’m not going to try to convince you that VII is a good movie. If you already think it’s trash I can’t change your mind. But I do want to counter the common notion that VII is a rip-off of IV. It is not, or rather not only a ripoff of IV. I don’t remember Rey watching Kylo kill Luke before she blew up Starkiller base with the help of R2D2. Rey and Finn didn’t go undercover to rescue a space prince/princess. Neither was there a Yoda figure in IV. VII was not a redo of IV. It WAS however a parallel of the entire OT with each act of VII mirroring the same act in the movie of the OT that the OT movie was in that trilogy. In other words, the first act of VII was the first act of IV, the middle act of VII was the middle act of V, and the 3rd act of VII was the 3rd act of VI (we’ll get to the inverse pottery later).

(cont)

In the first act of IV we have a young Skywalker who dreams of getting off Tatooine and taking the fight to the badguys. Eventually trouble catches up to him and he makes a quick exit on the Millennium Falcon with some new friends. I don’t need to explain he parallels in VII here, blind people could see that. It even starts with the bad Skywalker kicking shit in and looking for something lost to him. But the inversions of VII are what the mirrored events mean to each character. VII had a young (probably) Skywalker female suck on a desert wasteland, but she didn’t want to leave. She wanted her family to come back. Leaving Jakku wasn’t a realization of her dreams, it was desperate survival. She didn’t get the help of some old Jedi master either.

I can’t really find a parallel for the rathtars (I’d say the trash compactor is a stretch), but following that the second act is where the pottery starts to take off for Rey (and Kylo). In the second act of V Luke meets Yoda, starts training in the force and shit to confront his destiny, and then runs off into a trap. Also Han/Leia romance. Lo and behold in VII this is where Rey meets Maz (again, this is a V ripoff, not a IV one) and the force shows up to cockslap her. But this time our protagonist is afraid of the forces (pun not intended) they are getting caught up in and rejects the Force rather than rushing to meet it. Rey was trying to run backwards where Luke was trying to skip a grade in school. And yet she still gets caught by the bad-Skywaker/dark side apprentice. Also bits of Fin/Poe bromance.

(cont)

Finally, the third act which has 2 big pottery moments. The lines get blurry with the V and VI parallels in the first one though. Once again, the father confronts the son on the catwalk and asks him to join him. But this time the father is tempting the son with the light rather than the dark. The son still refuses, but this time kills the father. I still think you could draw some parallels to the father saving/trying to save the son and dying in the process with V and VI. The climax of VII is pure VI though, not IV. Rey doesn’t blow up Starkiller and get a medal for it. The token minority flies into the Death Dt- I mean Starkiller blows it up while the (probably) Skywalker family duel commences. In VI it was the final confrontation between father and son where the son was victorious and solidified his place as a Jedi. However, Rey was victorious in what would be only her first confrontation with Kylo. And that duel is where she finally accepted the Force. But this time there is not celebration of victory, but mourning the losses.

(cont)

So, when put all together I think all the inverse pottery is obvious. Again, that doesn’t make it automatically great and you are free to hate it. But clearly TPM ( I just realized I can’t use “I” here and I’m not going back to change all the other movie acronyms) is a bigger rip-off of IV that VII is. The young Skywalker boy, who dreams of leaving and being a pilot, gets off the planet with the help of a Jedi Master to go help a rebellious princess. The Jedi apprentice watches the Sith apprentice kill the Jedi master. The young skywalker boy (WHO HAS NEVER FLOW IN SPACE BEFORE GODDAMN IT THATS MARY SUE AS FUCK BEING ABLE TO FLY A PLANCE DOENST MEAN YOU CAN FLY A SPACE SHUTTLE INTO BATTLE HOLY SHIT) blows up the big space ball of death with the help of R2D2 before having a big celebration and going off to be a Jedi. I’m not saying TPM is bad (I paid money to see it in 3D), but if you think it’s less of a rip-off than VII is you need to strangle yourself with your intestines.

Anyway, clearly the events of VII of mimic the events of the OT in sequence, but usually with mirrored or inverse character development. It’s up to you if that’s bad or good, but it’s certainly more pottery than most faggots give it credit for. It’s more than “just a IV rip-off”. And it certainly does pottery better than TPM.

>go away Disney/JJ shill faggot
I’m not saying all the pottery was JJ or Disney. Remember Kasdan helped write it. I don’t know who is responsible and I don’t really care. I just love all the Star Wars movies.
>gtfo to reddit
I have never and will never post on reddit.
>suck my dick faggot
I’ll 69 if you want I guess.

Snoke's hat will still somehow manage to be three times bigger than his.

>fly a plane*
goddamnit

This is "SEE? The First Order TIEs are black on white instead of white on black, COMPLETELY DIFFERENT" tier apologism.

defend this

Probably unintentional, but I liked the pottery of how similarly Kylo Ren fights like Anakin.

>MUH NOSTALGIA

You missed the point. Apologism implies I'm trying to argue it's good or okay. I'm not trying to say you need to APOLOGIZE NOW or say that Rey wasn't broken as fuck. I'm saying most of the criticism is oversimplified. You can still criticize it for sure, but people need to quit being retards about it. And mostly quit bashing TFA while praising TPM cause that is pants on head retarded.

Not that user, but going by the TLJ trailer, it seems to be leaning towards the idea of her being some kind of Force wielding prodigy with great potential power but little understanding of the Force itself.

Which is mostly just cleaning up after Abrams' mess, but eh, it's something that's got me interested in Rey's journey for once.

>I'm saying most of the criticism is oversimplified.
Here's the thing: nobody calling it a ripoff of ANH is arguing that it is literally a scene-for-scene remake with zero new elements, just that it leans too heavily on the basic structure of ANH in a way the others movies (which often still had parallels and direct copies of moments in ANH) didn't. This isn't even a wild accusation, this is something Abrams has openly admitted.

recently finished clone wars, just started watching Gendy wars. I'm only an hour in and I have to say, I much prefer Gendy wars. If it slowed down and branched out into something other than action a little more often, I would call this the perfect show. That scene of Padme watching Anakin leave is probably the only time in the history of Star Wars that I have given a single fuck about their relationship.

GUNGANED

> leans too heavily on the basic structure of ANH

And I'm saying it leans heavily on the structure of the OT itself, not just ANH, and that TPM leaned on ANH waaaaay more than TFA did.

>that TPM leaned on ANH waaaaay more than TFA did
This is true, but it did so in a way that wasn't immediately obvious. There's a difference between parallels and outright aping. TFA aped ANH because "it's like that one movie you liked, only newer!" is exactly what they were going for. There wasn't any thought about pottery, it was literally just "REMEMBER THE ORIGINAL STAR WARS? IT'S BACK!"

>But clearly TPM ( I just realized I can’t use “I” here and I’m not going back to change all the other movie acronyms) is a bigger rip-off of IV that VII is.
Except it isn't.

>The young Skywalker boy, who dreams of leaving and being a pilot, gets off the planet with the help of a Jedi Master to go help a rebellious princess.
Padme is a QUEEN, and isn't rebellious as much as she is determined to get help for her people and stop the invasion of her planet.

> The Jedi apprentice watches the Sith apprentice kill the Jedi master.
But the Jedi Apprentice is a different character in the story than the young skywalker boy

>The young skywalker boy (WHO HAS NEVER FLOW IN SPACE BEFORE GODDAMN IT THATS MARY SUE AS FUCK BEING ABLE TO FLY A PLANCE DOENST MEAN YOU CAN FLY A SPACE SHUTTLE INTO BATTLE HOLY SHIT) blows up the big space ball of death with the help of R2D2 before having a big celebration and going off to be a Jedi.
TPM doesn't have a space ball of death, it has a space donut that controls droids.

also there's nothing mary sue-ish, ANH establishes that X-wings have similar controls to the airspeeders that Luke and friends would fly. TPM shows that Anakin has to figure out the controls on the fly after turning off the autopilot

>I’m not saying TPM is bad (I paid money to see it in 3D), but if you think it’s less of a rip-off than VII is you need to strangle yourself with your intestines.
If you think TPM is more(or even close to as much) of a ripoff than/as TFA then you're crazy

TFA's biggest problem is that is starts off with the same basic premise as ANH, something TPM didn't do. It then seems like it's going to deviate because the McGuffin in TFA has a different purpose than the one in ANH... except they then shove a superweapon into the plan because ANH had one, despite the fact that it has nothing to do with the McGuffin.

So it goes Secret Data>Sent to Desert>Found by Unlikely Hero>Connects with Mentor to take Data to the Rebels>Deal with Death Star except in ANH that last step is the entire reason for the secret data, whereas in TFA it has nothing to do with it and the movie forgets the original purpose of its plot for the entire third act for the sake of adding a Death Star that even the characters involved barely care about.

I mean, I love action, but even samurai jack wasn't 100% action all the time. A show can't survive on cool battle scenes alone.

I think he's implying that liking Genndy wars better than Filoni wars is bait.

>TPM wasn't obvious in it's ANH milking
user, even 10 year old me could tell TPM was almost a straight copy of ANH.

>Padme is a queen
I'm sorry, you're right, that's so different than a princess espcicially since TFA didn't even have a royalty in distress trope.

>b-but the apprentice is a different character
still has the same intended effect

>TPM doesn't have a space ball of death
there's a ball in the middle of that half-eaten doughnut.

>also there's nothing mary sue-ish
I didn't realize that Luke had flown in zero gravity (or low if the Death Star had gravity) space combat before.

>If you think TPM is more(or even close to as much) of a ripoff than/as TFA then you're crazy
From my point of view you are the one whose crazy. I know TFA is a ripoff, but it rips-off three movies in sequence rather than a single movie.

>TFA's biggest problem is that is starts off with the same basic premise as ANH
I am aware. I clearly said the first act is the ANH parallel. But the second and thrid act parallel ESB and ROTJ way more than ANH and clearly people miss that somehow.

oh, well then. I'd like Filioni Wars a lot better if I didn't have to slog through shitty and mediocre episodes to get the five or so good episodes per season. Gendy wars just cut out the shit and gave us the five good episodes.

Not him, but why would somebody consider a simple opinion like that to be bait?

George shot first

>user, even 10 year old me could tell TPM was almost a straight copy of ANH.
Hahaha no you didn't

Incredibly weak argument bordering on bait.

>I am aware. I clearly said the first act is the ANH parallel. But the second and thrid act parallel ESB and ROTJ way more than ANH and clearly people miss that somehow.
But your entire point is that it's not a scene-for-scene ripoff and as I've said before, nobody said that it is. You keep pulling this pedantic "see? TFA didn't have Rey fighting in an X-Wing, therefore it's completely different!" argument which misses the entire point.

>I'm sorry, you're right, that's so different than a princess espcicially since TFA didn't even have a royalty in distress trope.
Padme was never truly in distress, it was her world that was. She was briefly captured but the Jedi rescue her as soon as they get to Theed so it's trivial.

>still has the same intended effect
but it's a different character, which affects your ripoff that it's an argument

>there's a ball in the middle of that half-eaten doughnut.
and still, it's not a ball of death. it's a donut with a ball in the middle but it's not a superweapon, it's just a ship.

>I didn't realize that Luke had flown in zero gravity (or low if the Death Star had gravity) space combat before.
stop applying real world physics to Star Wars

>From my point of view you are the one whose crazy. I know TFA is a ripoff, but it rips-off three movies in sequence rather than a single movie.
TPM doesn't rip off ANH though, it follows some similar story elements but it's quite different as a whole.

TFA rips off ANH but throws in some TESB and ROTJ elements, but it's still primarily an ANH rip-off

Because everything if bait
Your life is bait
Han shooting Greedo is bait
Jabba's tail is bait
The tent under Snoke's dress is bait

>And it certainly does pottery better than TPM.

>tips biker helmet

Hello Disney Thread Makers,
I have been attempting to contact your company in order to file a waiver to exclude myself from seeing Star Wars this year. However I have yet to hear back. How do I get ahold of someone so I can try to file the waiver again in order to not see Star Wars this year?
Thank you for your time.

Because I've seen people here sperg out if you say you like Genndy Wars.

Here's the inside scoop, contact them at [email protected]

>How do I get ahold of someone so I can try to file the waiver again in order to not see Star Wars this year?
Your waiver has been granted, but we know you're going to see it anyway.

I remember Genndy Wars airing, fifteen years ago. I thought it was shit then, but everybody rode its dick harder than a poor whore rides a wealthy john.

It was vindicating when they all came to my view, when they shouted how crap it was along side me, when they revered Lucas as a GOD!

But now... Now it all feels so hollow. I'll bet most of these posters weren't around when it was airing. I bet they don't even remember the Phantom Menace at the cinema. They just spout the same old memes and tired complaints.

Where are the true old guard. Where have we gone. What has it come to.

oh, thanks fampai. I'm just not feeling Star Wars this year, maybe next year though.

lol

I didn't know you went to the movie with me in '99

better than b-b-bait

>But your entire point is that it's not a scene-for-scene ripoff
I've literally never even used that phrase in my argument. Half my post was that not only did it parallel the other movies more, what those parallels meant for the characters was different. Luke and Anakin's arc's were "get me off this desert to go be a cool pilot -> save the day -> sweet I get to be a Jedi now". Rey's was "bring my family back to this desert -> oh fuck try not to die and confront my (probably) family -> fine I'll go be a Jedi now". You're argument only works if ESB and ROT J stop existing.

>Padme was never truly in distress, it was her world that was. She was briefly captured
goddamn nice 180 there. Briefly in dangr is still in danger. Do I need to remind you that she gets shot at near the end of the movie?

>but it's a different character
I figure you'd understand the idea of a thematic ripoff since you criticize TFA for the same thing (which I've said it does).

>stop applying real world physics to Star Wars
I'm pretty sure there is canon material somewhere that has made the point that flying in space is different than flying in atmosphere. You can be crazy enough to think that flying in not combat prepares you for flying in combat. By your logic I should assume that nobody in star wars has boogers either cause we haven't seen them.

>TPM doesn't rip off ANH though
That's some delusion right there. I assume the pottery meme exists for no reason then?

>TFA rips off ANH but throws in some TESB and ROTJ elements, but it's still primarily an ANH rip-off
I'd call it roughly equal thirds.

thank you for agreeing

Shit Wars Guy is the hero we need?

can't* be crazy enough. sorry, typos everywhere

>I've literally never even used that phrase in my argument
That's been your entire point even if you never used that phrase. It's all been "no it's not a ripoff of ANH, because THIS wasn't in ANH!" Even in this post you're doing it again by claiming that because Rey's motivation isn't the same as Luke's and Anakin's that somehow prevents the movie from being an ANH knockoff. You're literally splitting hairs in this misplaced defense of a movie that was deliberately designed to be a copy of ANH.

Imagine the fat goblin that posts this shit.

>lol

You lol at me sir, but I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Naboo. I watched death beams glitter in the dark near the Alderaan Hypergate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rey-n. Time to die.

There are no more heroes. Only hipsters that do not know the true meaning of Star Wars

Sir. I may be fat, and I may be a goblin, but at least I was there. At least I saw the beginning.

>Thinks he's the only one.

Gendywars was kino.

She's going to be more powerful than Yoda/Sheev/Anakin and Luke just because she's a woman.

This is all Kennedy and JJ's fault

>No hats edition
>No hats
>Hats

>mfw They're going to kill off Luke in the Last Jedi because Mark is becoming problimatic

>kino

The same tired memes, over and over again. I was there. I saw it! I know what I saw, and I saw rancid filler, pandering to the lowest common denominator. I saw them guzzle it down like the entitled pigs that they are, and then I saw those same pigs turn their noses up when Lucas' true vision of the Clone Wars was realized.

Now they know. They know that 2008 paved the way for something beautiful. That Ahsoka, who they all scorned and cursed would be a valuable and loved addition to the canon. But they were not there user! Not like you and I were. If they support me, or they support you, it doesn't matter.

WE LIVED IT user!

And those times are gone now.

And in fifteen years, the hipsters will be here, praising Rey and her story. And the hipsters that are here now will spit and curse. And the old guard will weep, and wonder what has become of us all

good riddance, i hope they kill off mark irl too

Considering the trailer outright shows her getting BTFO by Snoke, she's not so good against a powerful Force wielder on top form. She only managed to beat Kylo after he'd been weathered down physically and emotionally, and only managed to get on the offensive for the last half of the fight.

I'm thinking Rey's going to be convinced the great power everyone sees in her is going to be enough for her to take on the First Order all by herself and run out on Luke halfway through her training, only to get beaten, captured, and brought to Snoke.

>you never said thing, but it's been your entire point!
Except no. You appear to be saying that even if something isn't the same it's still a copy if you think I'm saying that something being different makes it not a copy. I'm NOT saying it ISN'T a ANH rip-off, I'm saying it's MORE than that. It's ANH + ESB + ROTJ in sequence order. I don't get what's so hard to understand about that. If ESB and ROTJ didn't exist then TFA would only be a ANH ripoff. But those movies exist, and the fact that the acts match up with each act of the movie it pulls from AND the act that move played in the trilogy is noteworthy to me. I'm not saying TFA is or isn't worth defending, I just happen to be doing that anyway.

Am I splitting hairs? Maybe. I think some hairs are worth splitting. That's the point of opinions. Is that any crazier than arguing about a children's soap opera on a Vietnamese digital pony express?

Mark is Star Wars. He was there on the cover of the book, the cover of the film. There is no Star Wars without his efforts.

And you curse him now. You spit at him because he does not agree with you politics I assume. Like a sheep you bray!

A fie on you sheepAnon! I lament for you children that would have to come into this Hamilless world. How can you claim to like Star Wars by spitting on Luke Skywalker himself. You have just proved to us all your low and base 'fandom' if it can be called such.

Go back to the roots sheepAnon, and maybe this fandom can still be saved.

>Am I splitting hairs?
You are. You're also arguing against something nobody has ever said. Since 2015 people have said it's primarily ANH with some elements of ESB and ROTJ, but you seem to feel the need to stand up against some imaginary group of people who say "TFA IS A RIPOFF OF ANH AND NOTHING ELSE" because take people saying "wow, it's an ANH" knockoff very literally. So at this point I don't even know what your point is anymore.

u took da bait

>Like a sheep you bray!
Baaa!

Did you say Ass SS Poking

>You're also arguing against something nobody has ever said. but you seem to feel the need to stand up against some imaginary group of people who say "TFA IS A RIPOFF OF ANH AND NOTHING ELSE"
which is weird since you also say

>wow, it's an ANH" knockoff
Sick 180 bro. So it's a problem that I assume people mean what they say? I'm not autistic enough to miss that fact that people can infer implicit messages, and calling something a ANH ripoff does not in any way imply an unstated message that it also rips off ESB and ROTJ.

>Since 2015 people have said... with some elements of ESB and ROTJ
That's the imaginary group of people. Some people claim BRIEF references to ESB and ROTJ while I'm implying the references are far more than brief. I'm saying the same thing in each post at this point.

>So at this point I don't even know what your point is anymore.
No, you summed it up quite nicely other than you being blind to 90% of every post about TFA. I'm splitting hairs because I'm a human with the need to express my opinion after sitting on it for a while. Same as every discussion here.

How is he becoming problematic?

>So it's a problem that I assume people mean what they say?
No, it's a problem that you take things too literally. Nobody's going to stop and say "wow, TFA is such a ripoff of ANH with elements of ESB and ROTJ" because that takes too long. Apparently you're confused and assume that if they don't specifically mention those elements they're not aware of them.