What was Sup Forums like around the Romney vs Obama election?

What was Sup Forums like around the Romney vs Obama election?
Post old memes and stuff.

same as trump and look how that turned out hahahaha

it was horrible, the shilling for Romney was ridiculous
Sup Forums was way different before Trump
basically unreadable to anyone with a brain
I spent all my time on Sup Forums

>same as trump and look how that turned out hahahaha

Nah, we pretty much resigned that the magic negro would win the black vote.

Same way First woman was gonna let hillary win.

...Then trump started owning the other republicans and things got different.

>post old memes
the only Romney memes were "binders fulla women" and this fat guy spanking people

It was pretty evenly balanced between people unenthusiastically supporting Romney and people unironically supporting Obama. Much different than it is now, with the vast majority behind a single candidate.

OBAMA PHONE!

>literally one hundred posts apart

Double digits confirms it, praise kek.

I don't really remember people unironically supporting Obama. I do remember a ton of people shilling for Gary Johnson cause back then Sup Forums was all about Ron Paul/libertarianism.

the memes were forced shit peddled out by the media much like their trump memes such as "small loan of a million dollars," small hands, grab her by the pussy, etc. all them died after a week.

Sup Forums was better before Trump.

The libertarianism was simpler times when white genocide wasn't being shoved in your face. Johnson's still an artifact of that time, just goofing off like an idiot constantly.

The "lol butthurt" guy?

My vague recollection is that Sup Forums was more libertarian back then and Romney was shilled hard despite being a milquetoast neocon simply because he wasn't a progressive darling like Obama still was at the time.

Romney was also never in a position to win, it never looked good for him coming out of the conventions, not even after he was widely seen as winning the first debate, but there was still a heavy presence on Sup Forums insisting that he could win and that you had to "unskew the polls."

Then Obama's disastrous second term happened, the race riots happened, mainstream media, academia, and SJWs went into overdrive in anticipation of Clinton 2016, and then Trump happened.

Uhh no it wasn't. Not even a fucking close

Bullshit, Sup Forums wanted Ron Paul

Ron Paul was huge and we were pissed when Romney stole the convention.

After that we shipped Rombama because of how they almost made out on stage during the debates.

We laughed at "unskewed polls" and made Nate Silver popular.

There was much MUCH less shilling back then.

Honestly I don't remember Gary being that weird back then. He just seemed kind of aspie but definitely not from another planet type weird. I don't know how people take him seriously anymore. Same goes for Jill Stein too.

I voted for Johnson in 2012 and then got into more far right/nationalist politics the winter after that election. Mostly thanks to this board.

Sup Forums was overwhelmingly pro romney.

ron paul didn't even run as a 3rd party candidate.

>There was much MUCH less shilling back then.

Everybody accused each other of being "jidf". The shilling nowadays is just ironic fun.

Constant shilling

I used to troll some of the Romney fans, It was obvious King Nigger was going to win.

Although I'm now pro-trump because even he has a slightlier chance. I just think Mormons are freaks of nature that's all,

>Everybody accused each other of being "jidf".
JIDF was/is real and they weren't nearly as big as CTR. Fucking Sup Forums put us in the crosshairs when they didn't finish the job with Gamergate.

mormons are weird. fuck romney. Trump will win.

So /po/ was just sure Romney was going to win and did nothing?

With Trump we're all afraid Hillary will win and shilling hard with multiple social media campaigns.

Most of these replies are bullshit. Sup Forums didn't particularly like Romney or Obama. The board had more pluralism, so it wasn't as dominated by that election as this one. There were a good number who supported Ron Paul and then Gary Johnson, but it certainly wasn't the majority.