What non comic book writers do you think could do a decent job writing for the big 2?

I just picked George R R Martin as an example, but I imagine with his interest in history and these medieval style societies that he could write an Etrigan story with some decent intrigue. Throw in some immortal like Vandal Savage, maybe some time traveling characters and you could have an interesting mini series.

I imagine with his whole goddamn shared superhero universe he could probably do some standard cape stuff too.

George pls

We get that you're bored with ASoIaF, but you should really think about actually finishing those books before taking on a new project.

This guy can't even finish his own fucking book series, no way he can write for anyone else.

By non comic writers you mean only writers of books right?

What about writers of Mangas? Do those count?

Cause I think everyone here wants to see Toriyama work on Superman.

Personally I want to know what the person behind Death Note can do with something like Batman.

I like ASOIAF, but find his Wildcard series pretty boring.

>What writers could write for comics while not being comic book writers.
This is a paradox.

I don't think he could work with DC. He wanted to do Doctor Strange for Marvel but had a bunch of demands no comic company would ever agree to, like that his stuff couldn't be retconned ever.

He'd be better off doing a book of his own at Image or Dark Horse than working for the big two.

I think plenty of fantasy writers could do superhero comics

Nobody wants to see toriyama write superman. We would like to see him draw a superman comic sure. However he forgets his own cannon and would probably just write a tournament arc for the millionth time.

Raphael Bob-Waksberg is the only guy I'd trust with a Howard the Duck book right now.

>>Nobody wants to see toriyama write superman.
Why have him write superman when he already wrote suppaman?

Why would anyone capable of writing outside comics ever move down a tier like that? Comic book writing is literally the bottom of the barrel.

1- You should have pointed to Wild Cards, his superhero universe, as an example.
2- Just because he's as terrible at maintaining a writing schedule as some of the top guys like Warren Ellis doesn't mean he's a great choice.

Why are the Game of Thrones comics so bad then?

Assuming all of them know their lore:
Sapkowski writes really good short stories, great, witty dialogue and understands when to limit exposition. Could write most things except very militaristic, based on reality stuff. He's fucking autistic when he has an opportunity to show off his 20th century military knowledge and how much of an erudite he is.

Victor Pelevin could write really good Batman and weird shit like Legion or Moon Knight.

Brandon Sanderson writes great action scenes based on supernatural powers. Would be a fine fit in most superhero books an probably a lot of fun breaking down powers and describing how do they work.

He should write Fantastic Four

Lee Child on some Thriller comics.

Martin has said he wants to write Dr Strange.

Maybe he could, but that begs the question... What was dooms tax policy?

Anne Rice

Put her on something supernatural and let her go crazy.

He's a big Silver Age Avengers fan.

God love the man, but he'd never make it. The only thing the Big 2 care about is deadlines, which is incidentally also why so many shit artists still have jobs with them while better ones got axed.

I want Cormac McCarthy on Wolverine.

Larry Corriea would unironically write the best pure superhero comic. Or a really awesome pulp comic.

He wrote Salvation Run for DC and it's not that good.

Jim Butcher could probably apply some of his stuff from The Dresden Files pretty well to characters like Batman, Hellblazer, The Spectre, and The Question.

Actually, it'd be pretty interesting seeing a guy like The Question have to deal with investigating magic stuff.

I've had this Question story in my head for a while now about him dealing with mysticism in the style of Twin Peaks.

>I want Cormac McCarthy on Wolverine.
The only way it would ever get published is as a MAX title. In a better world, it would have been in my hands last week.

I remember he said he wanted to work on Doctor Strange but had very specific requirements that probably wouldn't have worked out.

Wait what seriously? That was him?

Put Kojima on Iron Man, Captain America or Doctor Doom and let him do whatever the hell he wants.

He might do a decent job on Human Target, I'm not all that familiar with the wondering dispatchers of justice in either of the big two. There's probably some obscure espionage or action hero type he could do justice.

I'd love a comic book adaptation of one of the Travis McGee books, but I don't know what big two characters John D.Macdonald is best suited for .

It was Bill Willingham

give him Batman. let him go full Morrison.

He's a hack, A Song of Fire and Ice is terrible and he keeps drawing it out for more money.

But Batman already got the Morrison treatment. Besides, I feel he could put together MGS & Zone of the Enders in Iron Man.

Looking back over his works, policenauts, the Metal Gear Solid franchise etc there is one thing that becomes immediately apparent.

Kojima is a shit writer.

The second thing is he has a blatant fetish for young woman being hooked up with much older men, and perving hard on the early teens in general.

>Why are the Game of Thrones comics so bad then?
I haven't read them, but I've seen a few pages, and they suffer from the same problem every comicbook adaptation of a book does: they just copypaste chunks of text and glue onto illustrations of what's happening, instead of, you know, adapting everything to a different medium.

Kojima is an idea man, his writing is atrocious. His books would be Bendis Mighty Avengers tier.

Please fuck off and die.

>What is the DC universe's tax policy?

I tried marathoning the Shannara series before. I skipped a good third of one book and didn't even realize it until after spending a while poking through the preceding pages because those books were getting so formulaic.

He's written some really fun space opera as well. Check out his Dreamsongs anthology.

I'd settle with Toriyama just doing layouts/breakdowns. A chock ful of Western Comic Artists can't do decent panel breakdowns at all.

so,what would he do with dc?

To be fair, they are not written by Martin. They are adapted from Martin's books by the Expanse writer Daniel Abraham

It's just the book script with shitty art slapped on it, that's why.

After watching American Gods I'd have to say Neil Gaiman could do some really good God stuff in either DC or Marvel.

>In a better world, it would have been in my hands last week.

And mine user. Imagine someone drawing the images he describes in comic book form.

Fuck, now I just want a fucking comic version of Blood Meridian.

>After watching American Gods I'd have to say Neil Gaiman could do some really good God stuff in either DC or Marvel.

Um... You... You know he wrote Sandman, Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader, Eternals, Marvel 1602, and probably some other stuff which I'm forgetting right now.

Like, how much of a newfag are you?

this is why I love Sup Forums

>ctrl+f tax
>only 2 results
>this meme is dying
>good

Phillip K. Dick (If he was alive), Neal Stevenson, William Gibson.

SUNSET FOUND HER

OP's image didn't have a live-action superhero character in it, so the thread didn't attract as many Sup Forumsposters as it could have, sparing us from the brunt of their shitty meme.

Karel Čapek. Too bad he died in 1938.

Nietzsche and Dostoyevksy would also be interesting.

They don't dive deep like the books do.
They don't show the good content like what was King Robert's tax policy.

yeah if you want to wait 15 years between issues

He apparently also wrote at least one Spider-Man novel.