FIRE IT UP!

FIRE IT UP!

Is this a Sting thread?

Why is Hollywood trying to remake this? It was a good movie already. They should leave it alone, goddammit.

There is literally nothing wrong with remaking things from decades in the past

And everything they've said is that they want to do a different take on it rather than just doing the old movie again

You'd think with a concept like the Crow they'd realize you can tell the story of someone other then just Eric Draven.

City of Angels failed because the Weinstein's forced the director and crew to reedit the film to be more like a remake of the first instead of the new direction the director wanted.

>There is literally nothing wrong with remaking things from decades in the past

In theory? No. In practice? Lots and lots of shit can go wrong.

>The Crow is old enough to need a remake

11 year old spotted.

It'll just be a softer, more bland version.
If you want to make a new Crow movie you have to go balls out and make it like the comic, show Eric trying to kill himself over and over again, doing copious amounts of heroin and other drugs and just being a miserable immortal fuck and then he goes out in the streets it's full on sadist demon mode.

>There is nothing wrong with being creatively bankrupt

This isn't some special snowflake story. There's like 20 different Crows in the comics.

>If you want to make a new Crow movie you have to go balls out and

add the same amount of "is he a zombie or just fucking crazy with grief" ambiguity as the original comic, which will never happen because Hollywood hates making audiences think.

Because it came out 20 years ago, thus it's in need of a remake by Hollywood standards.

Why remake good movies, though? Remake shitty movies and make them better.

Fuck, even "Manos" has a nugget of a good idea buried under all the shit. Why not remake that?

It had like 5 sequels. Let's not pretend it's a sacred cow.

Dude, I've said it before and I'll say it again, I would watch the SHIT out of a Rob Zombie remake of "Manos".

Because it has a compelling and more importantly infinitely reusable core concept

Like someone already mentioned the guy who created The Crow was already done a shit ton of comic books that are The Crow except in London/France/Mexico/Japan/China/Nazi Germany/The Crusades/The Civil War and who knows how many others.

And he's co-writing the remake.

>Because it has a compelling and more importantly infinitely reusable core concept

So does "Iron Man". Do you want that remade in 2028?

>a Rob Zombie remake of "Manos"

Imagining that gave me a boner.

That...that's normal, right?

Yes? Sure? In 2028 Iron Man could almost certainly be re-conceptualized by the events and feel of the current day.

Like do you think Iron Man was always a snarky quipster who had an epiphany after experiencing first hand what his life's work was doing to Afghanistan?

Still the best comicbook movie made

How many people have to die before Hollywood gives up on this franchise?

>In 2028 Iron Man could almost certainly be re-conceptualized by the events and feel of the current day.

And what if the "current day" of 2028 is not all that different from today? Why would you want a film that would basically be set in the exact same time as now?

I figure a dozen more. At least one of them has to be a woman, though.

Caw, caw. Bang, fuck, I'm dead.

WCW mondey nitro and thunder thursdays while playing Diablo and then Everquest in the late 90's... dammit, user. Those days were so fucking good.

>And what if the "current day" of 2028 is not all that different from today?

If you think a new decade is just going to be "eh, more of the same" then I can only assume you've definitely not lived through many decades

if they remade they will play up the rock star bit. He will be famous rocker with rock star cameos. It will be awful

>Rock star
>In 2017

Good one, user.

Honestly I think they should just do a female remake. It would be worth it just to see a hot goth chick on a revenge spree.

Based
Cringe

Better idea: Female version set in the Wild West.

If you don't want that, you can get right the fuck out.

>Rock star

You're kidding, right? They'll either make him a dubstep or hip-hop guy. Or, worse yet, they'll just make him some sort of vegan hipster fuckhead who looks at a Whole Foods and gets bad flashbacks.

It'd be weird if you didn't.

So, "Jonah Hex" but with Tallulah.

I dig it.

And they're mostly shit.
The first The Crow was actually fueled by something, his girlfriend being killed in this case.