Why do millennials go to college to get a degree in Art?

Why do millennials go to college to get a degree in Art?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TmIuXyiEzCE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because they are stupid and lazy to work hard for a real degree in Accounting, Engineering, or Medicine.

>Accounting

Possibly the most brainless field in existence.

Typically come from a bit more of money and are expected to go to college but aren't that smart or skilled. There are schools all over that pander to this demographic.

faggot

What an applicable username.
>paying thousands for something you can learn on the Internet
>learning something for which there is no certification to prove that you're good at it and expecting to get paid for learning it
Lmao

lol so she sucks shit at art but has a qt smug face

They're young, and their parents were told to support their endeavors instead of groom them to live independent lives where they have financial security in the future. If I went to College, I wouldn't mind taking a course on art or animation, but I wouldn't want that to be my major.

They've been told since childhood that is important to go to college and earn a degree. They just never figured out what field to go into.

>not a single photo straight on at the canvas
>all shots showing how omg its a canvas on an easel, oh look at me painting

She should use these angles when filming her suicide too
t. /ic/

Fun fact; the vast majority of successful artists went to art school.

that boy is cute as fuck

he can make good money selling his boipucci

>falling for the engineering meme

haha rofl just as bad as a business a degree

Practice X
Successful at X
????

Really makes you think.

millennial Sup Forumstard Art major here

Can't see myself doing anything else. Maybe could have been a therapist or some medical field my parents wanted me to be in, but perhaps this is my calling.

I want to see beauty in the world and make it, like Van Gogh. Roger Scruton talks of it a lot too. Personally, art is propaganda for life. Cultural Marxism is sucking the world of beauty, until we can't tell the difference between ugly and pretty. If my art can affect people, inspire their hearts, then my mission is complete.

Well Not everyone should be a doctor...someone's gotta be stupid and stay at shit tier socioeconomic class lmao

because the success of an artist is due to being popular among the right clique of circle-jerking faggots and rich Jews willing to buy your degenerate bullshit -- it's just a status game that homo-kike lame-o's engage in.

Because our generation was raised and coddled to believe that we can be whatever we want and do whatever we want so long as it involves going to college.

youtube.com/watch?v=TmIuXyiEzCE

That's pretty profound OP. Do you mind if I quote you in my journal?

>hey high school was fun, got to fuck and party with barely any effort
>if only there was a way I could prolong this hmmmmm

i actually like that and i would consider it something that can be classified as art

some art schools are better than others, the expensive ones (although most are nonprofit) are hit or miss and rely a lot on instructors and location

most people are idiots though and think it'll be an easy, free ride degree and don't realize they can go to a public college for similar courses

you go to the expensive private colleges to get a job in art industries right after your 4 years so you can start grinding away to repay your 100k in debt while exercising little to no creativity in being somebody's art monkey, envisioning their project for them

I'll be finishing my art degree with a minor in computer science with internships and connections after this year.

I feel sorry for the little gibsmedats classmates of mine who didn't work hard and just partied and shilled for hill :^)

No one in my family or at school discussed careers with me so I just went into arts to learn about movies

Dropped out and went to law school

About to graduate with honours and might win the law school medal with some luck

>be accounting major
>have a 55K job offer before I graduate

always a need for accountants even though it takes nearly no skill. better to pay the bills working in a cube than a minimum wage job with an art degree

Save it, it's all yours my friend.

Might as well study math/cs and try to work in quant finance or as a fallback as a developer. Personally think those jobs have more growth capability. There is nothing wrong with being an accountant however. On the contrary its pretty necessary, as you said.

True to an extent, majors like fine arts and illustration that bring nothing useful to society are generally bullshit but industrial/product/entertainment design schools such as Art Center produce the majority of working professionals in the design industry. If you drive a car, use electronics like your phone, it's UI, etc. are all intelligently designed. In short, if you are only valuable as an artist if you are a designer.

>work hard
>accounting

That painting looks like an alternate cover for a linkin park album.

I'm going to try and become a state ranger but I want to take some classes to help improve my art as well. I've always loved drawing and painting, especially with oil paints or digitally.
Any suggestions for some other leisure classes to take?
I only have a few classes left but I'd still like to keep my day full with education.

Guys will endlessly compliment her art in hopes of getting laid. She will graduate art school thinking she's the shit.