>great character design
>Endearing and likable personality
>never does anything
>always getting her ass kicked
>nobody even knows what her power is
>always gets cut out of the X-Movies
>now she's a stupid vampire for some reason

What the fuck is up with Jubilee?

Hey, quit shittalking Vampire Lesbian!Jubilee.

they gave her some huge boobs once and then they took them away

>terrible character design. she is a fucking ripoff of she-robin from the dark knight returns.
>terrible powerset. i shoot bright lights all around! wee!

but cant she make her powers conjure directly inside a persons body and explode people from the inside like susan storm?

Like she's ever going to do that.

She's in the exact same boat as most of the younger X-muties. When Claremont took over the X-Men, Len Wein had replaced the entire team except for the core trifecta of Scott, Jean and Professor X. Claremont later introduced the character of Kitty Pryde to be a "next generation" mutant who would one day grow into a full team member, and developed Storm into a natural leader who eventually would succeed Cyclops. At the same time, the New Mutants were in their own book, developing to supposedly take over as the new X-Men.

But in the early 90s, Marvel decided they could have their cake and eat it too, and Bob Harras split Uncanny X-Men into two titles, one retaining the prefix and one just called "X-Men" (cuz THAT didn't get confusing), so Scott and Ororo could BOTH be team leaders, and hell, if we've got two teams, why not three? Why not FOUR? And so on and so on.

If you were a kid in the 90s, Jubilee is associated with the X-Men because of the cartoon, but in the comics, she was associated more with Generation X, the (and I say this as a fan) fourth-string team that existed to replace the third-stringers who existed to replace the second-stringer X-Men.

And since then, teenage mutie characters in Marvel exist solely to suffer and then be forgotten.

Just be grateful that, because of the cartoon, she's infinitely more popular and recognizable than fucking... Armor, or whoever the fuck else they've created since I stopped caring.

There is a timeline where Claremont got his way and the X-Men has a rotating cast of characters, each generation popular in their own right and leading to a show-stopping conclusion at #300.

WHEN????

Is this the same timeline where Spider-Girl was the canonical fate of Peter Parker?

When she was with New Warriors I thinkm

Yes.

Those monsters! We could have had a stacked vampire Jubilee.

>Asian teenager
>huge boobs

that's more unrealistic than firework powers or being a vampire desu

>>terrible character design. she is a fucking ripoff of she-robin from the dark knight returns.

You mean robin with dyke hair and glasses?
yeah, what a design.
also jubilee actually looks cute unlike millar who can't draw females for shit, so that counts

>he didn't find this cute
I guess some people just have different tastes. Me, I can't stand Jim Lee's artwork, so there ya go.

>Implying they didn't drop the ball harder with Gambit
Motherfucker would have sold like hotcakes.

And in that timeline, Shadow King would be the big final boss figure of the franchise, not Apocalypse.

with all the retcons, 616 battleworld doom god shit, we couldnt have gotten old jubilee back, shes still a goddamn vampire?

Remember when she barely appeared in X Men Apocalypse? Yeah...

>But in the early 90s, Marvel decided they could have their cake and eat it too, and Bob Harras split Uncanny X-Men into two titles, one retaining the prefix and one just called "X-Men" (cuz THAT didn't get confusing), so Scott and Ororo could BOTH be team leaders, and hell
XFactor happened far befor the 80s

>punk storm will never kick cyclops ass again
its a sad time for current x-men fans, if thats even a thing anymore.
its true what they say that when you get old, everything was better when you were a kid compared to the new generation

Well for X-Men it is true. It's bad now but it was also great during Whedon/Ellis/Carey time. Marvel just doesnt get good writers anymore

Or once good writers are now shit.

Are you fucking serious.
That looks like a crossdresser. Or a fucking tranny.
Look at the fucking jaw on that thing.

meanwhile here's Jim Lee at his best.
You're fucking crazy dude

>a fucking tranny.
>Look at the fucking jaw on that thing.
Yes, exactly.

This fag doesnt even know TDK

Which order are you supposed to read this in? It works well both ways.

Makes me think of Gorillaz a bit

itty bitty titties for the win

You forgot something important

>is only remembered because she was in the 90s cartoon

Remember when she had a bigger appearance in an ad than she did in the movie? Yeah...

well she is the 90's personified

But why do people keep saying this? She was prominent in X-Men for at least as long as the cartoon was running

What does Jubilee taste like?

>But why do people keep saying this?

Because it's true.

>MAYBE IF WE PUT BETSY'S CROTCH FRONT AND CENTER THE SEXINESS WILL RUB OFF ON JUBILEE
Yeah naw man, you do you, but that shit's too trashy and blatant for me.

Well it looks like the panel was flipped for translation purposes since Professor X's pocket square is flipped from the traditional left side to the right. So logically you would read it left to right.

But yeah it does work either way. It kind of feels like the context changes slightly, though. Reading left to right makes it seem like Prof is rattling off mission briefings and is describing Jubilee so that they'd recognize her. But right to left it makes it seem like Prof has discovered how cute Jubilee is and wants everyone to gather around and see, like finding a youtube video of a puppy falling asleep and having your coworkers check it out to d'awww.

What is this from anyway?

>now she's a stupid vampire for some reason
Not just that. A stupid vampire single mother.

why is jubilee a nigger?

Seeing "inconstant" is triggering my autism because it feels like it should be "inconsistent" but I cannot figure out why it is necessarily wrong.

I was a kid in the 90s and I always associate her with Xmen rather than Generation X because she was on the Xmen team for years before they created Generation X and when she was in Gen X she was always talking about back when she was with the Xmen, and then I dropped all Xmen books after Age of Apocalypse

I don't know why she vampire either but she was cool in cartoon even though she was useless and Wolverine had to keep helping her ass.

because inconsistent implies some kind of fault. like you can't be consistent because you have debilitating autism. inconstant implies something more like freely changing. like a leaf blowing in the wind, it does what it wants

When I was a kid I remember thinking her powers was basically fireworks. In my head at the time it made sense and from what I recall and read it seem to be pretty spot on. Oddly at the same time for whatever reason kid me just couldn't understand what the fuck Gambit power was meant to be, just turn stuff into bombs and he just like playing cards? Like kid me couldn't understand why they would have two characters with pretty much the same power because my logic at the time was that every person should have their own power. Duplicates can't exist in my mind at the time for whatever reason. I been meaning to revisit the old cartoons as I remember nothing about them beyond the characters themselves.

I thought the same thing about Jubilee and Gambit.

>>great name
No.
>>great character design
As a joke, sure.
>>Endearing and likable personality
Fuck no.

I know people think she's cute and all but that's really all she's got.

I thought the punchline was fine. Wolverine is talking with two bombshell ninja types that are flanking Jubilee. Jubilee looks up at Asian-bodied Psylocke, then looks at her own chest, even lifting her top a bit to check on possible growth of titties.

She gets frustrated at the self-comparison.