David S. Pumpkins Animated Special

The David S. Pumpkins Animated Special is airing tonight! Here's a preview: youtube.com/watch?v=tML85kQfy0c

11:30 PM ET (half an hour) on NBC. Any questions?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rS00xWnqwvI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I mean a full half hour of him? The skit is funny, probably the best thing the current cast has put out, but the joke can't possibly hold up outside a 5ish minute sketch.

Can't believe a Halloween skit from last year has it's own special now.

"Why?" comes to mind.

Tom Hanks needs money?

because it worked the first time

is he from anything? like a mascot or something?

It was a skit from last year's Halloween episode. Thats it.

What’s the “joke”?

youtube.com/watch?v=rS00xWnqwvI

I know boco you dumb faggot I was trying to act like the couple in the video

I have so many questions.

Oh. I don't even remember it. It was okay, I laughed, it left my thoughts.

yeah here's a question, what is supposed to be funny in it

tom hanks with a weird accent making weird hand gestures

>11:30 on a Saturday

Is it because they know only SNL fans will watch it, they know it would bomb spectacularly in primetime, or both?

The joke is that there is no joke.

How the hell they'll stretch that into a half hour is beyond me, this meme was ran into the ground last year anyway.

>tfw we almost had Hemsworth David Pumpkins

RACEMIXING

This is fucking weird already
the fucked up pumpkin, the kids voiced by actual kids, the poor lad unable to improvise his way through talking with his crush, the strange vaguely brown people cartoons always have so nobody can accuse them of anything specific...

This is some pretty spooky shit.

wait, so david pumpkins just lives inside a weird rotten pumpkin?
I love that everyone just kinda understands how little sense he makes.

I like that he's not even in the same style as the rest of them

what?

okay i'm laughing pretty hard.

So, the joke is that...it doesn't make sense?

51 years and Linus and finally gets his Great Pumpkin.

that was always the joke boco, shut the fuck up

Yeah, kinda. And the joke is.. KINDA funny? Almost funny. It's a unique gag, but I'm surprised it got big.

It's literally "lolsorandum", but for people whose only exposure to humor is from network TV, so they don't realize that became old hat in 2005 or so.

is this really tom hanks or did they get his brother who voices him on robot chicken

fuck you randomness has always been funny as long as it follows the magical formula of actually surprising you and not just being zany.

Some of the jokes hit in that "so stupid and nonsensical it works" kinda way.

Dude, she's seen your underwear now. You are 30% IN.
Also she's dressed as a fucking 1950s construction worker
also the little siblings in this are half the height of their older siblings. that is not how height works

that was an abrupt commercial break

Fuck anyone who doesn't like this, I'm laughing my pants right now.

Hey, it's Dan Harmon.

You know, since Halloween is a holiday with so much potential awkwardness... bad costumes, not being sure if you're old enough, well-meaning religious parents not being certain if you should be allowed to participate... This is actually pretty damn appropriate. It's not like all that lovey heartfelt shit from christmas specials would make sense.

Ya know, I wouldn't be surprised if this is made by the same studio that did that GI Joe episode of Community.

>No it's not, Halloween's about candy, man!
damn fucking straight.

oh shit, now he's seen her in pajamas. it's totally even.

I was waiting for him to hae a major rhyme fail. he had a few crappy ones earlier.
hehehehe that's nice. that was good. That was a good thing you guys.
dinklage was in this?
>mike mothersbaugh
holy shit i THOUGHT it sounded like his shit, but why is ol' mikemom doing music for SNL? was it just something they purchased?

Huh, better than it looked.

RATE THE SPECIAL
8/10, real nice

I knew it would either be hilarious or hilariously awful. I'm glad it was mostly the former and just enough of the latter that this isn't going to continue to be a thing. That would be bad.

When can I expect to see this online?

Guess I better watch this then

how many trump jokes did they squeeze in

None!

How fucking insecure must you be?

Also, he's going to jail soon.

I'm glad they remember him, but I've always felt this guy's vincent price impression is terrible.
and it's pronounced sauen, jeez.

They have far less good Halloween skits than they do Christmas, but at least they'll show that sketch with Dan Akroyd and Jane Curtain.

oh man that one was fantastic
though it's hard to joke about government overregulation. Because of those fuckups our transformers aren't allowed to have anything pointy. We all played with pointy shit as kids and none of us ever lost an eye. I mean, I kneeled on a triceraton's gun once and gouged a hole in my knee but that was it. and that taught me not to kneel without checking what's under me.

Man, it was kinda funny. I chuckled when they danced into the chainsaw woman's shot. But how did THIS become the most notable and viral SNL skit in years? Are people that starved? Is it because it's Tom Hanks? Is it a cruel irony that a guy in a suit and a goofy beat that doesn't reference anything ends up becoming beloved by normies?

Like, I'm watching that preview, and it's already killed the joke. Nobody knows what he's supposed to be and the rules all are made up and how the fuck do you stretch this into a half hour?

By sticking him into an actual story, surprisingly enough.

are you watching right now? These sketches are only a few years old and they're DIRE. The only good bit is that dead-on james mason, and I'm pretty sure that's a celebrity guest.
SNL has been on a very clear decline since the second golden age. Sure, it had a LONG way to fall, and Kenan breathed some new life in, but... they fucked up by not taking Kel too

Wait, what is this. This is chappelle's show, not SNL. you can't say nigga on SNL. Wait, did they.. they just said it on NBC. are they gonna get in troubs?

OKAY!

i miss that
>trump reference on what is clearly a chappelle's show sketch
wait, did he.. did he come back to comedy?
also what does this have to do with halloween?

This is when he hosted in November last year.

Its Halloween because...Walking Dead, I guess. Zombies. Horror.

>Is it because it's Tom Hanks?
This, unironically. You cannot overestimate how hugely popular Hanks was through the 80s and 90s. He's a charming everyman lead who starred in several family films, including THE animated hit of the 90s, thus ensuring whole generations of kids grew up loving him. He's one of the few names in Hollywood that still has legit Star Power.

ugh joe cocker slaughtered this song.

He was in Lion King?

haha, zing.
you and I are friends now.

Goddamnit, I knew I was gonna get called out by some UMM ACTUALLY talking about The Lion King, but Toy Story singlehandedly redefined the theatrical animation business. You can draw a clean line between everything made before it, including the Lion King, and everything after, which is either 2D animated films that didn't do so hot, or 3D animated films that were made BECAUSE of its impact.

Aw damn, it was actually good?

Hope someone posts a mega for it since I missed it. It did give a bojack horseman vibe somewhat. Like it was done by the same studio.

>redefined
ruined

>captcha: LION parc natural

Ah, the Merryville animatronics. Love these.

Tom Hanks initially didn't want to do the skit and suggested Chris Hemsworth, who would be hosting the week after him, do it instead.

That was incredibly, almost painfully stupid, and yet somehow also entirely entertaining and genuinely funny.

There was a first time?!

Seriously, I had no idea that crappy coneheads movie got an animated special.

I don't get it.

>crappy coneheads movie

That movie was probably the second or third best movie adapted from a SNL sketch and one of the few that still hold up

What the fuck is up with region locking videos on youtube?

YOU WILL WATCH SNL ON HULU OR ITS LOCAL APPROVED CHANNELS.

>What's fun about playing with a building? That isn't any fun!

Pretty good overall.
A song that's suppose to explain stuff but instead just raises more questions.
The "pumpkin" mobile