Black Cat

I miss this guys

Jesus christ whats wrong with her faacccee

user, Bendis and Slott want us to hate her. Obey them.

>missing a common villain
Not to worry, the Superior Spider-Man doesn't miss.

fuck them, I want her to remember Peter's identity

You know what I miss? Good Spider-Man comics, Peter acting like an adult, and love interests that actually panned out

>Not using this version

No, fuck her. She fucks young teens.

As calculated, the superior version appears. i've been meaning to save that one.
Thanks user

Oct is our savior and will protect us from the thot.

>She fucks young teens.
Superior fags don't read comics. Why am I not surprised?

Who wrote this? I love the way Peter's monologue is written.

I found the Comic Creators on Spider-Man book where Tom DeFalco interviewed various people on Spider-Man. In the interview with Marv Wolfman, Wolfman said that he talked to Ditko (back when they worked on the Machine Man series) and they felt that if Spider-Man had to be frozen in place to have the hard luck stuff be believable, it'd have to be when he was 16, because otherwise if you have a grown-up hero screwing up the way people think Spider-Man should, he looks like an idiot. And I think that's what Brevoort, Slott and others seem to miss.

Now, I don't know if that meant Ditko prefered to keep Spider-Man a teenager (because when Peter graduated from high school, it was when Ditko was doing the plotting by himself and he and Lee weren't talking to each other) or if he preferred to develop Spider-Man and make him fuck-up less, but I think they had a point about not making adult Spider-Man come off like an idiot. It's why I haven't really liked many takes on Spider-Man since OMD.

Mark Millar.

I'm shocked to say this, but Mark Millar and Kevin Smith wrote a better Black Cat than most post-OMD writers who wrote Black Cat. And Kevin Smith was the one who made that terrible decision to retcon rape into Black Cat's backstory.

Never read Superior (planning on it)
Does she ever find out?

Haven't read either, but yeah she finds out and for some reason still holds a grudge against Peter.

>She fucks young teens.
Can we gas everyone from Sup Forums? He was a teenager for /three/ fucking years out of his entire history. Why does everyone still think he's a teenager? He didn't even meet Black Cat till he was well into adulthood.

>Why does everyone still think he's a teenager?
Because Bendis and the writers desperately want him to be a teenager still and explicitly removed his marriage because it "aged" him

Huh. That's really fucking weird. Wouldn't have expected that at all.

What they ought to do is to against the grain, and make Black Cat the first ever sympathetic pedophile. One step close to /ss/ being acknowledged as best thing.

How the fuck are they going to do that if she didn't meet him till he was an adult?

I'm sorry, where the fuck did I mention Peter Parker in there?

Which story and run?

muh epic oc flings up with da webhead oc

It's either a miracle or a game of chance that no one has tried to knife Slott yet, isn't it?

Marvel didn't want Peter to be associated with a criminal. Shit you not that's the reason, even though she was only a criminal again because Marvel set her back for muh status quo.

But wasn't she on her way to go full hero? And yet the only message that i'm getting from this reversion is that people don't change and that they can only be rotten to the core.

a motherfucking miracle

mere luck cannot preserve his pathetic life

sauce?

Black Cat, at her heart, was always an almost Robinhood figure. Which was why Pete tolerated her - well, and dat ass. But mostly because she seldom "hurt" anyone. At least no one who didn't deserve it. She was basically his cat woman

OP here

The one I posted is from the 12 issues long run that Mark Millar had with Frank Cho and Dodson on Marvel Knights: Amazing Spider-Man.

He wrote issues 1 to 12. Is a single story divided in three arcs.

What's funny is that during the nu52 they went with the dark route with Selina and turned her into a crime boss and when it came out it was universally hated, DC quickly retracted it when Rebirth came out. Yet when Marvel does it, they just dig their heads in the sand to ignore any criticism.

kingpin black cat could work if she was reasonable and managed crime so no one could just do whatever the fuck they wanted to in NY

the cat burglar dominatrix archetype change would be very arousing as well

The key would is "could" my man. Keep in mind that this is the same company that turned Bobbi Morse into an unlikable bitch, She-Hulk into Jessica Jones 2.0, gave Thor's hammer to a woman whose cancer could have been cured if she took the cure that Thor offered. It will probably be a good ten years before Marvel unfucks themselves, IF it even survives that long.

This, Black Cat works as a control crime to stop crime anti-villain. You would have older school mafioso's and costume crooks lining up behind her, and the young thugs behind Diamondback.

>Yet when Marvel does it, they just dig their heads in the sand to ignore any criticism.
Literally Marvel on every bad decision they make. They ALWAYS double down. There is not a single time when Marvel retracts something they claimed was a good idea.

Silk (about the only time that crime lord Black Cat came off as half-decent) was probably the closest to that.

I would love it if she was like the Green Hornet, a hero who pretends to be a criminal to gain the trust of the bad guys and take them down.

Slott has basically gone out of his way to gut out Peter's supporting cast in favor of his shitty OCs.

Aunt May? She's basically got her own life now and doesn't really interact with Peter much, if ever. Mary Jane? She basically stops associating with Peter because she thinks he's too dangerous to be close to...then gets a job as Tony "Walking Liability" Stark's personal assistant, and behaves like a bitch to Peter whenever they interact.

But hey, at least we get such classic characters to replace them as, uh, Silk? The woman who's stronger and faster and betterer than Peter at being a superhero and has rape pheromones?

Uh, there's also Mockingbird, who Marvel recently decided to retcon her rape backstory...by revealing the guy who raped her was actually just having a consensual affair with her, and she's been lying about it ever since to 'protect' Hawkeye.

Just remember that Slott's never gonna leave, you may as well just cut yourself off from Spidey for the foreseeable future.

At least give me some hope

Slott wants to be the next Stan Lee, and he wants that fat dosh from HIS OC's being the stuff. So he pushes his garbage, confident if he can just hook it into the continuity, sheer inertia and writers that follow him will carry it.

The only hope is that some autistic sperg goes out and somehow manages to knife Slott, which would send a shockwave through Marvel, which would show what would happen when you extinguish the only form of happiness that they have.

There is no hope, all you can do is abandon ship and try to reach dry land that is DC or Manga.

That's the exact opposite of what you want, you'd make him a martyr

Nah, I already did that. I'm just waiting for a chance to go back to read Spidey

I tried with this Legacy thing and what I got was pre Conway MJ and Peter being a loser again

A martyr, perhaps for a time, and yet this would also send a message. A message that if you try to fuck with someones happiness, someones only form of fantasy, the mentally infirm will drop their meds and go out of their way to "resolve the error." I would not condone their actions, but it would not surprised if this would happen before he rises further.

Slott has made it abundantly clear he has no intention of leaving willingly. The only way he's off the book is if he's booted off, which'll only happen if the series drops to panic level low sales.

What's panic-level low? That's a magic number only Marvel Entertainment will decide on. I'd guess around 45-40k (around the same level their B-listers like Thor are selling at), but even this is no real guarantee. They might just try to artificially boost sales again via a relaunch (Marvel's MO for a failing book, as seen with Captain Marvel), event, or an ace-in-the-hole story arc (Five bucks says they bring Gwen Stacy back).

And remember: this is all under the incredibly optimistic belief that whoever they bring on next would be a good writer, that Marvel would be willing to roll-back on the changes Slott's made (when Marvel has always reacted to negative reception with doubling-down), and that they're overall willing to learn from mistakes.

At this stage, this' pretty much the only reason I can think of. Slott's staying on either due to the stubborn belief that he's 'still got it', even though he clearly doesn't, complacency, and/or the desire to put his name in the books as the first writer to have a decade on ASM.

>Five bucks says they bring Gwen Stacy back

But they already did that in The Clone Conspiracy, complete with ambiguity regarding whether or not she actually died again.

Did Peter ever explain that to her?

Holy shit, Marvel is the Orange Retard President of comics.

We're fucking screwed.

Yes. She still didn't forgive him. I know you are going to reply "Wow, that is shitty. fuck slott".

>complete with ambiguity regarding whether or not she actually died again.
Exactly, Slott's already got it set up, all he has to do is actually do it.

And then she reveals she doesn't love Peter anymore and he goes back to being a loser.

I keep saying it in every Spiderman thread.
Peter is a loser that causes almost all of his problems by being a lazy asshole.
Parker Luck is just him bitching cause he's a lazy unmotivated ass.

Slott poisoned the Spidey-Cat relationship with that superior punch to the mouth.

I miss Felicia being fun and flirty. Trying to force lying, cheating, slut Mockingbird is disgusting. Pete doesn't need a sidekick.

To be fair... Black Cat has always had an issue separating SpiderMan from whoever is under the mask.

It's stupid that she the second she learned it was Doc Ock that stole his body she wasn't like oooooooh... of course.

But she loves Spiderman not Peter. That's why when Spiderman sucker punched her and sent her to jail she will forever hate the Spider.

>turned her from a relatively harmless cat burglar into a murderous crime lord

Good job, Otto.

>She loves Spider-man
>She is ambiguous towards Peter
>Spider-man is Peter, Peter is Spider-man
>She wants to kill Spider-man, but not Peter

MY MIND, JUST HAVE HIM TAKE OFF THE DAMN MASK IN FRONT OF HER AND IT WILL BE RESOLVED.

>Thor's hammer to a woman whose cancer could have been cured if she took the cure that Thor offered.

That plothole is vague as fuck and the writer isn't trying to explore her character. Frankly, THOR got more development than her. Which it pisses me off because she could work and we could work with that dying thing. I really fucking hope that Aaron explains her cancer in her final issues.

No I replied with
She only sees the mask. So mind control or not she feels she was betrayed by Spiderman

Good looking women will always have friends

Post the one where she gets raped in prison

The jist is that Thor offered to go through the 9 realms, call in every favor he had, hell even go to Loki for a favor if he had to, when Jane was in the early stages of her cancer and yet she refused because "muh risk, magic evil, magic only bring misery." As a fucking doctor she should know that every procedure there is a risk, yet their is also a high probability of it being a success.

Even back when Peter first had the symbiote she hated that Spiderman had a normal alter ego. Her rich bitch attitude doesn't understand why he'd want to be that at all.

>Trying to force lying, cheating, slut Mockingbird is disgusting. Pete doesn't need a sidekick.

That's the thing. Slott is basically replacing the dynamic Peter had with Felicia with Bobbi now.

That's what kills the sympathy of Jane to me. Plot keeps her sick, she can cure it in 1000 ways but chooses not to.

But why tho, Slott has nothing to gain from this, he doesn't own the character rights to Bobbi like he does with his OCs. He should have just did a retcon where Felicia saw Peter taking off the Spidey mask have have an "Augh shit" moment, and resume the dynamic they had before she got memory wiped.

Ehhhh I don't like it. Slott sucks. Bobbi sucks.

Peter deserves so much better.

Because he doesn't like Felicia.

It's really as simple as that.

>Yet when Marvel does it, they just dig their heads in the sand to ignore any criticism.

Well yeah, they do that a lot.

I fucking love her rejecting magic. She got her own morals and trust eath medicine than unknown dark magic.

The problem with that, we don't know the "magic".

So the only thing that i'm getting from Slott's PeterxBobbi is that, Slott's a fan of pegging?

>Jane "rejects" magic.
But Mjonir is

>NO...Jane ...REJECTS MAGIC

Ummm okay.

There's a lot of thing's we don't know about magic, yet she should place trust in the one person she knows would go through hell and back to make sure that she's fine. Also with cancer, nothing gained, nothing lost.

That really is the problem with a lot of the Marvel universe, there are certain plots you simply cannot do because half a dozen macguffins/characters exist that can immediately remedy the situation and there's no reason these macguffins cannot be used/these characters cannot help. Obviously, since these glaring plot holes keep coming up the writers WANT to use these plots, so they invent weak character excuses that fall apart under any scrutiny.

It's why a lot of plot-lines are doomed from the outset. A good example is One More Day. The basic idea behind it is fine, confront Peter with the worst possible outcome from his Civil War decision to unmask himself, then give him a literal deal with the devil to undo it. The reason that you cannot fix this story is that the basic premise is fundamentally broken. Aunt May gets fatally wounded instead of being killed. This was such a weird decision because, honestly if she had been shot dead there would've been no plot difference. But because she was only wounded, we have to endure a few pages of characters who have cured things much worse than a bullet wound turn down an offer to help someone they presumably like. Civil War 2 has a similar problem in the GLARING fact that several pre-cogs already exist in the Marvel universe.

For whatever reason, Marvel writers have a fatal attraction towards plots that do not work in the Marvel universe on a fundamental, structural level. The kind of plots that fail before they even begin writing because of the nature of the shared universe they must exist in.

Slotts gonna do what slotts gonna do. He's dead set on putting the final nails on the coffin of Felicia.

Post shorthaired black cat.

Marvel writers are hacks. They use plot excuses because they're fucking lazy.
All of it needs is some thought.

>Also with cancer, nothing gained, nothing lost.

Except losing a soul. Or become something awful.

Frankly, He only doing this for thor. She would have rejected the hammer and give it to thor.

Slott is gonna Slott.
He's a fuckin asshole

Then Slott better get cremated when his heart finally gives out from all of those hamboigas, because with each character assassination he does, because if he does get buried, at least have a dozen if not a hundred angry autistic comic fans will descend on his grave to piss on it, if not dig him up to smack his corpse up a bit.

Lemmie put it this way: Dan Slott is a Spider-Man fanboy. What Green Lantern is to Geoff Johns, Spider-Man is to Slott. The issue being that Slott is the petulant, whiny kind of fanboy who writes shitty fan-fiction that has his ideal pet pairings and OC's in it. Slott doesn't like MJ and Felicia because they're pre-established romantic interests for Peter, so they're gone.

That and, to be frank, I think Slott is pairing Peter up with Bobbi literally to just piss people off. Remember that one of the first pages of #789 was Peter prominently wearing Bobbi's feminist T-Shirt from one of the covers for her godawful solo series. He's doing it purely to troll people who probably don't even read the book anyway.

I want slott to hook her up with Norman again. That would be the icing on his shit cake.

I'm pretty assurant that Thor could pull a Hercules moment and find Jane's soul in hell and at least take her to Valhalla to rest.

That's true lately, but not in the old days. Marvel reversed themselves a million times on stuff like the Clone Saga and Johnny marrying Alicia. Sometimes it was just authors' egos, but often it had to do with fan backlash.

They would probably still be slaves to fan opinion now... if they could FIND it. But the internet is full of all possible opinions all screamed at equal volume, so it's no longer possible.

>Peter prominently wearing Bobbi's feminist T-Shirt from one of the covers for her godawful solo series. He's doing it purely to troll people who probably don't even read the book anyway.

Why would you be mad over a shirt? That is weirdest thing to get mad over. It doesn't support any SJW, it is just there.

sweet, a black cat ryona thread?

That or he has crippling depression and is trying to agitate someone to suicide by fan him.

>What's funny is that during the nu52 they went with the dark route with Selina and turned her into a crime boss and when it came out it was universally hated

This is incorrect. In fact, Selina's stint as a mob boss was actually lauded as a very interesting take on the character and was one of her best runs to date.

It's our own fault, really. Fandom loved Slott when he was doing side titles like Spider-Man/Human Torch and She-Hulk. His weaknesses didn't really become clear until we had made him into a big deal.

Also, say what you will about Johns, at least he had passion for it. What Slott is doing is just fueled by petty jealously and incontinent rage toward someone who needs to grow out of being the comic sad sack.

A man wearing his gf shirt...
A feminist shirt...

Nah. If he was wearing a regular T shirt nobody would be complaining.

It's because this is a call back to an offensive and shitty Bobbi solo series.

Mockingbird's solo a really fucking unpopular run, done by a known feminist activist who basically used it as her mouth-piece to insult comic readers, and ended with her basically blaming the fans for not being woke enough to appreciate her writing.

See more about it here At the same time, Slott has no real reason to include the shirt in the first place, especially knowing how much that cover annoyed readers, but he did it anyway. Why'd he do that if not to just troll the audience?

I'm not sure she ever buys the explaination.

As much as I enjoy shitting on Bendis he has done nothing of the sort. Black Cat in Defenders has saved Luke, tried to stop a dangerous drug from hitting the streets, gotten shot but still got up enogh strength to find the ass who did it and smash him in the face.

Black Cat under Bendis has been great so far