Thor Ragnarok n roll

For those who saw it; can we agree this the worst superhero trilogy to date?

Still better than current Thor I guess

The only good Iron Man movie is the first one.

>Ragnarok
I don't see any fenrir wolf in there....

No. Wolverine exists.

Thor is Decent first movie, meh second one and amazing third movie.

Wolverine is one terrible movie, one meh movie and then one amazing movie.

I didn't like the first one.
Kind of liked the second one a little.
Loved the third one.

As already said the wolverine trilogy is a thousand times worse, so no.

Saw it, but a fire broke out and we had to evacuate for the ending.

Got a refund but I'm going to have to slum it with a cam rip.

Any help finding a good one?

Yeah he was in the trailers.

>one meh movie
No The Wolverine was great.
Only flaw was Viper being wasted.
Mecha Samurai wasn't a bad thing, it works for the film just fine.

The problem with the Wolverine was the guy needed a samurai mech suit for... well he didn't. It made no sense why a guy needed a mech to take Wolverine's healing factor. That's like using a Gundam to open a jar of pickles.

Not a bad movie. Not a good movie either. Decent.

Anybody got a capture of the scene from the finale when Thor finally upgrades to "God of Lightning" and starts kicking ass on Bifrost with his new electric powers? That segment, more than anything else, has stuck with me since I watched this.

No, that's Burton's Batman
>inb4 trilogy
Burton was involved with Forever, so it counts. B&R was all Jewmacher.

>Mecha Samurai
>samurai mech suit
Silver Samurai you infuriating casuals.

He's absolutely nothing in the movie, if that's what you mean/are hoping for.

I rewatched Thor 1 recently and I liked it way better than when I first watched it. Not sure why.

FPBP?

Wolverine's trilogy is far superior to Thor's. The first was crap, the second was worse and the third was a waste. Literally none of them come close to Logan. The Wolverine is even better than his first one.

Pretty salty about the Warriors Three getting BTFO. These films have always needed some more death but at least let them have their moments of glory before killing them.

To me is when it activated during the fight with Hulk

The whole movie felt like a shounen anime with Thor's God Mode and Hela's unlimited blades and I loved it

Why are people saying this was good?

I just came back an it’s another cookie cutter marvel movie except with the quips dialed all the way to 9.

They were jokes, not quips. The director said he it was a comedy.

I enjoyed the first two. I didn't enjoy this as much. Felt more like GotG than Thor.

silver samurai wasn't an iron man ripoff, the movie version has virtually nothing in common with the comic version

it's like calling XMO weapon 11 deadpool

Where did Lady Sif go?

a big farm upstate.

>the worst superhero trilogy to date?

Probably. Iron Man, Capt America, Nolan's Batman, and Raimi's Spider-Man all had at least one really good movie in their respective trilogy.

Thor had none.

The spinal unit

What was the point of this character again?

She was white.

>damage control

To WB, where her back is safe.

Didn’t really like the character but was anyone else admiring Valkyrie’s facial aesthetics throughout the movie? Dat jawline of hers....

To remind you that you could have gotten a good Ragnarok film if Marvel wasn't terrified of being anything other than a joke franchise

so just read the comics you dolt

ragnarok is literally one of the GOAT comics but I haven't seen a single storytime or even discussion about the comics in months, just a bunch of triggered cunts whining about muh movies

buncha casual movie-worshipping faggots yall are

Hi BadGrammarAnon! Still a shill, huh?

>so just read the comics you dolt

I will. I'm not giving Marvel money for this. Ill pirate it when it comes out on Blu-Ray in like 7 weeks

I M M I G R A N T
S O N G

good lord i want a refund

I like the Thor trilogy better than Iron Man. First two were ok/meh, third was great. Iron Man had only one good movie and even that I think is quite overrated.

Is there really a Thor trilogy? This movie feels more like Guardians 2.5

How does green texting damage control refute the fact the director has said it's a comedy?

>it's a comedy, that's why it sucks
Really?

It was the action for me

Seeing the power levels go off the roof with the duels really sold me on Thor's strength

So... Super Saiyan Thor or Superman?

Not that guy but I feel like it COULD have been a great comedy if the director got his own way entirely. We know there was quite a lot cut and the editing makes it feel that way, as well as the second act being full of tacked on exposition. If they let Thor go all out with the hammy comedy like Goldblum and Ruffalo, it would have been a much better film.

Masterpieces compared to anything WB\DC has ever done.

So Thor is still trash alongside Stuporman and all those Marvel and DC shity characters? Good to know.

>good
>cam

I've got bad news, user....

Yeah man, you should have saved your money for the JL, there's a post on Reddit with incredible accurate B.O predictions for past movies and movies to come, and it looks real bad for them, less than 800M, less than Thor 3.

>And you... what are you the god of?
>CRAACKLE
>wobble wobble
>KRAKATOOOM
Okay, that was satisfying.

Personally I found everyone misremembers the Asgard/Earth ratio while it honestly isn't as heavy in le ebin "not used to human culture" scenes as the general idea

I was mostly troubled that her entry was:
>drunken valkyrie mass murders starving white faced tribals
That one guy taking his mask to make that point was hamfisted.

Everyone, including the actors were convinced that they were filming a comedy.

It is, it finally evolved everyone's character
>Thor gets over the "impulsive but well-meaning Chad trying to get worty of Odin and more mature" shtick since Odin dies at the start, constantly tries to get to Asgard no matter the price, gets over Loki's flaws and moves on leaving him to himself and telling him he could be better, is ready to sacrifice his life for his people, realizes his full power but understand that his primary duty is to the people so he chooses to save them, is now king of Asgard
>Odin stops being "Anthony Hopkins in a stupid costume" and basically becomes all-wise Force Ghost instructing Thor
>Loki's plans finally blows up in his face, he still resorts to trickery and treachery on Sakaar believing Asgard can't be saved, gets humiliated by Thor's speech while he's being electrocuted and has what appears to be a definite change of heart by coming back with the ship (he might be still up to his ways assuming he took the Tesseract)
Hela served as a great foil to Thor being at the other possible end of interpreting Father Odin's legacy, Heimdall did cool stuff and Asgard being basically Space Vikings since Thor 1 was finally streamlined and taken to its logical consequences with being an actual motif instead of just a cool setting

Weren't they saying she would be the first LGBT character in the MCU? I certainly didn't notice anything regarding that, is there a deleted lesbo sex scene?

Korg really sounded like the whale from the 'beached as bro' meme joke a few years back.

I didn't even know she was supposed to be a lez but I still came to the conclusion that they might have implied that
>I only survived because... *changes argument like she REALLY doesn't want to talk about that*
>flashback shows blonde lady taking a Helaspear for her pushing her away with a distraught look
She really fit the "lost everything she held dear and now just wants to forget" stereotype

>Implying you wouldn't use a gundam foe the most trivial stuff if you have one.

I can see this guy waiting for years to come with the perfect excuse to build a giant samurai mecha.

I feel that way about IM2. It's better on a rewatch and you'll really notice how some quick editing would massively improve the film.

>there's a post on Reddit
You have to go back.

Just got back from seeing RAGNAROK with my crew. We roll pretty deep and let me tell you, not a dry seat in the house. The piss was intense. Piss dripping out the seats, piss flowing down the aisles, piss in the popcorn. Piss jets in every direction. I actually shit myself three times, I told the door monkey and he was like "Aww here goes" and we fistbumped. It was all a good vibe. Great night out and if you roll with a chill crew and not a bunch of permavirgin goobers then you'll have a wicked sick time. LITTY.

Actualy the current silver samurai uses power armor instead of mutant abilities and he was running around a good 2-3 years befor "the wolverine" released

Hell no, this was an incredibly enjoyable film. For all the meming about quips, there were hardly any - the humour was natural and worked with the narrative rather than interrupting it. The action was great, the character work was all around good, Hela was fun as fuck, and despite the overall zany tone the emotional segments that mattered landed pretty damn well. This was a good movie.

As a trilogy Thor's 'run' is around on the same level as Wolverine's. None of the Thor movies are nearly as good as Logan, but Origins is so hilariously, atrociously bad that Wolvie starts at like -20 points.

No ones even talking about DC you fucking drone.

It was the first time they did that kind of thing well. Or well the Guardians of the Galaxy did it well too, but this was that combined with the Marvel action you always expected from the previous Marvel films.
Though it is still probably correct that this may very well remain the silliest movie in spite of that. But it was indeed good.

Ok, so the important question is: Just how fappable is Hela?

The quality of the previous two movies doesn't really change that this movie was great.

>But it was indeed good.
Was it though? Because the last 5 marvel are all the same thing; quipfests with shallow plots and "cool" pop culture references. Shit's just starting to blend together.

OFFICIAL THOR: RAGNAROK HUMOUR POWER RANKING

>Top Kek
Mental image of 8yo snake Loki transforming back and stabbing Thor
Banner not transforming into Hulk and bodyslamming on the bridge

>Funny
Doctor Strange sequence
Your hammer gets you off?
Drunk Valkyrie falling off her ship
Loki getting PTSD with Hulk
Thor playing up with both Hulk and Banner on each other's backs
Basically everything Goldblum

>It ain't making me laugh but I get it-tier
Hulk dong
"Point break/strongest Avenger"
Devil's anus
Rock-paper-scissor
Ball bouncing back instead of breaking the window

>Famously huge turds-tier
Everytime Thor gets electrocutioned
Skurge in the beginning

>Fuck off cunt
Rock man breaking tension at the destruction of Asgard
Thor spinning to talk to Surtur

>Because the last 5 marvel are all the same thing; quipfests with shallow plots and "cool" pop culture references. Shit's just starting to blend together.
I understand perfectly well that it's not for everyone. But I'd still make the argument, as stated, that this was just about the first time they did it well.
That's enough for it to stand out among the others. Especially when combined with a grand adventure of a scale none of the other movies had.

>Thor going all M'lady *tips fedora* when he has to speak to Valkyrie so he frees him

Incredibly so, pure fetish fuel if you're into it
Based Cate

>Rock man breaking tension at the destruction of Asgard
What did he do?

>dinsey shills doing their unpaid job again

I mostly agree with all of this. But
I quite loved
>Ball bouncing back instead of breaking the window
I'll have to admit.

Also. Loki asking for safe passage through the anus was perfect.

I really liked the movie. But what the fuck did they do to Sakaar?

All Asgardians finally retreat on the ship after a heated battle while Surtur first battles Hela and subsequently starts destroying all of Asgard with his flame sword
NewZealandman says something along the lines of "we could still rebuild as long as the foundations hold, new Asgard will be a safe haven for all people of space"
>Surtur blows up Asgard completely
"aaaand nope, it's gone now" All of this while the sequence depicts sad Asgardians watching their ancestral home be destroyed forever

It really was too obvious, if you see it coming a mile away it takes you away from it

it's in the movie, the hulk beats it

That sounds horrible. Taking a serious scene and still cracking jokes like this is a fucking cartoon?

*throws him off the waterfall into open space

How many mouse shekles did you get for this incorrect post?

just back from seeing this
best thor movie so far. and great movie over all
hulk was great, ruffolo as always was average as banner.
short hair didn't look good on thor, but the stan lee cameo was funny
jeff goldblum was hilarious

I hope they crack jokes when Cap dies.

That stone dude was the worst part of the movie. But for what it's worth he is barely in it.