What is Doom?

Well, Sup Forums, what is Doom? Savior? Conqueror? Hero? Villain? Great? Petty? What hides behind... DOOM?

I like Doom, hate Doomwank. Just another reason John Byrne is an autistic hack

Considering all current Doomis, IS Doomwank, what's your preffered version? Hammy villain from the 60s? Evil villain from the 2000s?

Mostly it's inconsistent as hell and out of control, but I thought this diatribe did a good job of papering it all together

I mean Doom here is basically admitting he plays the metanarrative. Not quite as wall breaky as Gwenpool but as close as you can get

A very skilled man, but far too petty and vain to ever move beyond the fact Reed is more skilled than he will ever be.

Doom is Author's Pet.

A vain, petty, spiteful little dicklet with such an inferiority complex that he turns it into a superiority one. Despite all that, he's actually competent enough to lead, but he's so fucking mediocre compared to other characters' abillities,that he only gets by due to his will.

Why the FUCK would Loki need to be tutored by a human?

He's not being tutored, he's being attacked by Doombots and fighting for his life, while Doom is giving his classic speech.

He is a Dictator. The roads of his life lead to him being put in that position.
So he switches around between murder, conquer and actual feats of altruism as he attempts to define himself in his rule. But he’s still a tyrant.

His new role as Iron Man is... dull. The
It’s an ok concept, heal his face (which was obviously had a psychological effect on him for years) and attempt to be completely good is a nice concept but there’s none of his ego in there.

Doom is a fucking PUNK.

Everyone talks about how horrible a villain he is, yet every damn one of his reads, at least the ones that I've seen or been suggested to see by Sup Forums, depict him as more of a fucking antihero than an actual villain.

Joker -- Killed Jason Todd, paralyzed Barbara, killed Sarah, etc.

Magneto -- Ripped Wolverine's fucking skeleton out

Green Goblin -- Killed Gwen Stacy, all of the psychological damage to his own fucking son

Doom -- The nigga delivered Reed Richards' child.

His big "act of villainy" there was just NAMING THE GIRL. Sure, you can toss out the whole "oh well he was proving that he could do something that Richards couldn't, he could help his family when Richards could not", or the bs "Oh well he's a classy motherfucker dohoho/he's an honorable villain" crap out there, but when it comes down to it, Doom hasn't done SHIT.

That all being said, Doom crying at 9/11 wasn't any sort of break in character or anything to me. Hell, I would even go as far to say that it was entirely IN character.

One of the things I like most about Doom is that he made his choices consciously. Each step brought him closer to Hell, but he didn't care, because he thought he was actually doing the right thing. I'm a sucker for stories where people commit sins only to think they're serving a higher ideal, and not simply sating their desires.

personaly I like to think the reason he cried at 911 was because of all the people who would never be able to know the glory that is Doom.

To be fair her name does sound like a vinerial disease, that's pretty evil

Reed actually IS better at everything. Hell, most of Marvel's Geniuses ARE smarter and more competent than Doom.

I personally thought it was out of character but he did skin his lover to make magical armor out of human leather for himself

Skinning Valeria was as much OOC as the Drac scene or the 9/11 one.

Wanna know what I like about Doom? The fact that he knows he's digging himself a deeper hole with every action he takes and every decision he makes, but he just doesn't care. Whatever gets thrown his way, he'll push through. And at the end of the day, his goal is a noble one, so he even has the moral high ground. Doom is covered from all angles, really. His power is not his intellect, but his resolve.

He is DOOM

Doom is the story of doom. He knows he is in hypercrisis. Doom is the doom good of all stories.

Huh. Interesting take user. Care to elaborate?