ITT: Boring cartoons you hated watching but watched anyway because you had nothing else to watch

ITT: Boring cartoons you hated watching but watched anyway because you had nothing else to watch

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mVIGNES9GoE
youtube.com/watch?v=27SS8Pnmrok
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Y'know, for a kid's cartoon, I didn't think Jane and the Dragon was that bad. It had an actual storyline with the dragon wanting to decipher some runic lore in his cave that would lead him to the other dragons or some shit. And the episode plots at least felt like the authors were trying. I do feel you here though, my dad used to turn off the internet all the time and I had nothing to do but watch kids' public programming since we didn't have cable. In that respect, Jane and the Dragon was actually good compared to the other shows I had to watch.

Kids shows were bizarre, they'd have actually decent overarching fantastical plots that always took a sideline to the per-episode stories about how it's important to brush your teeth and never talk to strangers.

Felt like it was always on.

I don't know about you but I've always found this show very dull.

I don't know how watching this garbage seemed better than anything else at the time. I must of been a retarded child or something.

ITT: Canadian Cable

so fucking true...

The fact that Jacob Two-Two hasn't been posted yet surprises me.

Are you me?

Because Jacob Two-Two was actually watchable.

Jacob Two-Two is comfy as fuck.

It was the best cartoon that was on right as I got home from school. But I didn't really like it, and my mom fucking hated it

Only other thing on at that time was Arthur, which I only learned to appreciate as an adult in an ironic sense

Did this show have lots of fart jokes? I somehow remember this show for that reason

Probably flipped a few fetish switches for young anons
youtube.com/watch?v=mVIGNES9GoE

As a burger that visited the land of leaves for a while this is true.

What in the name of everything holy is this? Canadian-produced nightmare fuel?

You didn't have a very good mom, did you?

Close enough. Monster by mistake.

Opening theme aught to clear up any plot confusions

youtube.com/watch?v=27SS8Pnmrok

Oh man, this show was great. It came on Saturday mornings when I was in college.

Perfect thing to watch when nursing a terrible hangover. The colors were muted, I don't recall it ever getting terribly loud. It was just kind of soothing while you nursed a Gatorade and hated your life choices.

The ghost on the left looks like a Casper reject.

Dude I loved this show. I always got pissed when I happened to turn it on and it was only in Spanish. Because on my tv it only aired on the channel Cubo. I fricken loved Dragon.

Oh I fucking hated this show. The second I saw a glimpse of it on my tv, I changed the channel.

Ok as a young girl, I totally fantazied about dragon being "tickled" whenever the show was on..

same but it was probably because it wasnt dubbed in finnish and i couldnt understand it

I faintly remember the themesong.

"Hey now hey now now, Jane and the dragon are best friends now"

bump

holy fuck i remember this
when i was sick i either had to choose this or infomercials

>staying home from school sick or wake up early on a summer weekday mornning
>turn on tv
>"HEY THERE EVERYBODY, IT'S A LOONIFUL DAY"
Fuck me.

That fucking show

I am 99% sure that a large portion of American children shared this exact experience multiple times. Screw this show and it's massive morning schedule.

I was about to post this but then I realized
>boring
Kaput & Zosky was a fun surprise every time I had nothing else to watch.

>Not already having Kaput and Zosky as your first choice of cartoon

I hated anything with babies
Even Rugrats

Worker and Parasite!

I don't know what was competing with it at the time, but I remember switching over to it whenever whatever was on had a shit episode.

I really need to rewatch it. I loved the dynamic of the main duo.

I fucking hated this. Had to watch it just before going to school in grade 2. Ruined early morning mid-70s for me but taught me to appreciate saturday morning Hanna-Barbera cartoons a whole lot more.

Fuck I hated Newton.

I think you just watched it for the redhead loli

I'M GLAD

TTG
south park
squidbillies
calliou

I remember the princess looking like smeagol.

what a rush of memories

these fucking graphics

bump

I watched a marathon of this while being stoned as fuck. Most of the segments were completely retarded but I had no remote and couldn't be arsed to get up.

It was always on before school, so I watched a of it.