youtube.com/watch?v=o13N08SRvho
youtube.com/watch?v=wJ4v2LgVlEA
youtube.com/watch?v=IgZXoSTEy8Q
youtube.com/watch?v=J7lUeUQ4g7I
youtube.com/watch?v=L4FZUlAy-bE
youtube.com/watch?v=HCdn0zg6NDM
youtube.com/watch?v=twhF6SM0KyY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How would characters work? Would RED be the regular mercs and BLU be OCs? How do the comics handle this?

RED is the main character in comics and most official SFMs, so it'd probably only show them and their adventures outside the battlefields

if it did it'd have longer hiatuses than Adventure Time

The comic gives the implication that there are only 9 mercs with shifting team loyalties.

The "meet the team" shorts give the implication that there are hundreds of identical men killing each other.

The Mann VS Machine shorts gives the implication that there are only 9 mercs with shifting team allegiances.

What happens to BLU Scout in the Smissmas comic is referenced as having happened to RED Scout during the main comic.

Valve time is a bitch

The "Meet the Team" shorts were mostly meant to establish their characters in relation to gameplay, not tell an actual story

There is also the German censorship which implies that the characters being played are realistic robots. I personally like that implication, it would solve buttloads of issues.

Go to fan stuff. Normally I would never EVER say that but with SFM available to the public and Valve not giving a quarter once of shit for the game anymore that is really you best bet.

>all that teasing that happened during Toonami's return
>tfw no TF2 show on neonami

Thanks obama

>German censorship is this cucked

The TF2 team intentionally keeps it vague enough that they can fudge it however they want. If there were a cartoon, I assume it would vary from episode to episode with no real explanation. Sometimes all nine of them are RED, while other times a handful of them are on BLU and act like they've always been on BLU.

The only explanation you can pass is Soldiers all looking the same but the TF2 Soldier is just a psychopath

The WAR comic makes it clear that the mercenaries don't change teams, because the announcer doesn't want them to figure out she's playing both sides of the table. I think the comics just go with whatever any given story calls for.

Yeah, the comics just go with whatever.
It seems it dosen't matter if they're on RED or BLU team, anything that happens to them in one comic is remembered by the character in the next comic if called for regardless of color affiliation when the events happened.

The tf2 universe runs on nonsense, so I don't think it matters much.

>tf2 exists and people like it

Worst timeline indeed

The Sup Forumsntrarian meme is real

>the tf2 comic is still not done yet

At least we get a short once every five years and a new comic every three.
youtu.be/YHf7e67T54Y

I prefer this explanation.

My headcanon has always been that Mann Co. has cloning, and they repeatedly clone the best mercs on the planet, because otherwise RED and BLU would chew through the mercs too fast.

There's a kind of Dune genetic memory thing where they all inherit their predecessors memories, so RED Scout remembers stuff that happens to BLU scout.

Dying sorta matters in the new comics because Greymond bought out the cloning machines or something like that. No more second chances.

I just finished killing that guy in the game. He's annoying as hell.

>Be my team
>defending the point relentlessly
>3-2 minutes away from winning
>he appears
>makes us fight him for a few minutes
>during that time opposing engies set a bunch of sentries up
>We get BTFO
That boss fight only makes the bad teams win.

Was anyone else really fucking dissapointed during the "Jungle inferno" cinematic?

The jokes were subpar, the only one that really got a chuckle out of me was the "please let there be pants" bit with scout

>I thought it was your heart medicine
>You are taking my heart medicine?
God tier dialogue

I love how that exchange starts with something as absurd as "kill me come back stronger pills" and still manages to find a way to make the scenario even more ridiculous.

At least we can rest easy knowing that a Lawbreakers animated series will never happen. Because goddamn, just look at these jackasses:

youtube.com/watch?v=wLasCSOHSdg
youtube.com/watch?v=xFySNmrUYp4
youtube.com/watch?v=KQD_FDpnhpY
youtube.com/watch?v=L7wTHG9OtO4
youtube.com/watch?v=YZWdr6C-BY0
youtube.com/watch?v=wjd8pugA9_I
youtube.com/watch?v=1joLPkYoiQ4
youtube.com/watch?v=U4yspAKFFc0
youtube.com/watch?v=ffWjNUpcWTs

Not to mention Rick and Morty Ball:

youtube.com/watch?v=o13N08SRvho

Who and or what the fuck is this and why should I care?

Some FPS that tried to be an overwatch killer, Dev was kind of a real douchebag about it and managed to alienate multiple demos by being an arrogant cuntnozzle. It bombed so hard that Sup Forums laughed at him for a straight month.

>managed to alienate multiple demos by being an arrogant cuntnozzle

Sasuga, Cliffy B

>Sup Forums laughed at him for a straight month
Sup Forums is still laughing at him. Making fun of vidya train wrecks is the only reason they have to live.

They could add a lot of generic mercs or soldiers as minor characters and then focus on the game characters as protagonists.

Also i really hate that there's been nothing close to a series about these characters. Ever since Expiration Date i've been wishing that they make more shorts like that but no... They never will...

I got a decent giggle out of "they told me they would escape! That's the whole point!"

I uninstalled Steam a month ago. I'm seeing no reason to reverse that decision

>Also i really hate that there's been nothing close to a series about these characters.
Read the fuckin' comics, you dunder-head.

On that note:

youtube.com/watch?v=wJ4v2LgVlEA
youtube.com/watch?v=IgZXoSTEy8Q
youtube.com/watch?v=J7lUeUQ4g7I

The voice actors are getting too old and/or busy to reprise their roles, and Valve gives them replacements (read: Nolan North) only when it's absolutely necessary. Why else would Scout be the only merc with new lines in the Jungle Inferno short?

The later ones, like Meet the Spy and Meet the Medic, are definitely trying to tell stories, albeit short ones.

big voice actor strike going on right now. scout's voice actor will do anything for a handful of granola so naturally he'd show up for it.

Literally the best multiplayer game ever made.

The characters rotate teams from episode to episode.

They actually teased a TF2 show?

The TF2 team has the most consistently hilarious writers in the medium.

Expiration Date was meant to be a pilot episode from Adult Swim. If the whole series followed from that, I imagine it would have been numerous scenarios involving the RED mercs, with occasional guest appearances like Pauling and Saxton Hale, and BLU rarely (or not at all) being involved.

Expiration Date was supposedly scraped together from a pilot episode. It's why they had an Adult Swin promotion way back in the day. I'm honestly glad it fell through since most of the VAs can hardly do the voices anymore and Valve would never be able to stick to a schedule. TF2 seems like the kind of franchise that got +30 writing passes on every joke that gets put out.

>tf2 is the best

UT2004 isn't even the best in its own genre, nevermind class-based games like TF2.

I swear to god Summit was shilling hard for this shit - that was the only time anyone even noticed Lawbreakers.

2k4 didn't age really well compared even to UT99

it neglected a small scale deathmath battles (every map feels like it was designed for 32 people on server except the few duel maps) and obviously shines at large scale team combat due to haloification but since nobody plays it anymore you're stuck doing skirmishes with bots who steal the best available vehicle and get stuck on a random stone while refusing to leave it at all

the problem was that Valve tried to do it themselves instead of outsourcing it to a dedicated animation studio like any sane company would have done

Team Fortress 2's biggest problem as a franchise is that while Valve's corporate structure was a benefit in it's first 5-7 years or so of existence, it's been a huge hindrance in the last 3-4 years

>Valve doesn't finish stories
wow

Original UT was better.

The SFM shorts we get every once in a while from independent animators more than make up for Valve's lack of motivation to do anything but make hats.
youtube.com/watch?v=L4FZUlAy-bE

Wow, never knew that. It's a shame most of the VAs are old or busy, a TF2 series would amazing.

The last update showed it's affecting TF2 updates as well. Barely any of the content in the update was made by valve themselves, most of it was just community stuff. There was even a game-breaking bug on release. The update took 500 days to make, how fucking small is the team by now?

This is a bucket.

95% of TF2 content has been community made for years now. You only just noticed now?

LUL! Sup Forums HUMOUR IS SO FUNNY

Dear god

well I'm not sure about that. This one on the other hand is made by a 4channer.
youtube.com/watch?v=HCdn0zg6NDM

I think this one is more your speed though.
youtube.com/watch?v=twhF6SM0KyY

All I really want is black Mesa office humor with half life 1 machinima animation.

>Why do we have to wear these rediculous ties?

The dude loves the role, so I can't blame him.

There's more

if mann co had cloning then redmond & blutarch's battle to the death for the ownership of the gravel pits would be rendered pointless

>The idiots behind this were actually stupid enough to create a bunch of characters just as generic as the overwatch cast, just uglier.
>they thought normies would pick ugly generic edge over Disney generic ass.
> not even the guys behind battleborn were that stupid.
How was this supposed to kill overwatch?

Supposedly right now they're at 13 people, with 4 programmers.

Kek

No!

Didn't this look totally different in the first trailer?It kinda reminded me of Dredd

It probably grew a tiny but due to the 10th aniversary
But not that much...

You mispelled Venture Bros

That map only exists to fight merasmus. You are scum for thinking otherwise

a fan explanation that I read and was fond of was that they are all punch-card clones. Like 5 got hired by red, 4 by blue, and for efficiency's sake engie built clone chambers that took the merc's dna punch cards. That way death literally didnt matter. When the day starts the merc's punch their cards in and when day ends they punch out. The STEAL THE INGELLIGENCE missions are about getting the punch cards for the other mercs, and since they go back and forth like carrier pigeons, everyone has the full set now.

From the cinematic, I was hoping we'd get a Yeti / Saxton Hale boss battle mode.

Not that Lawbreakers looks particularly good or anything, but I'm sick of seeing all these ideas and characters wasted on $30, multiplayer-only bullshit.

It's like everyone forgot that you're allowed to create and tell an actual story. They just staple some details to a multiplayer map and call it a day or release some half-assed comics and act like they've got the DEEPESTLORE. Guess I'm just sick of seeing world-building go to waste.

I laughed at Saxton's conversation with Bidwell.
Also, if this comes after the events of the yet-to-be-finished comic, then does that mean that the mercs are now getting paid by Hale to fight each other to the death for useless banana islands and shit?

>Dev was kind of a real douchebag about it

What did he do?

He invited the mercenaries to yeti park to kill yetis for fun. When he accidentally killed the last yeti, he quickly decided to pay them to kill each other for fun instead so that the park didn't go to waste. I got the impression that it was just a one-off thing.

the way scout's talking at the beginning it seems more like they were hired to wrangle and contain the yeti since it escaped. then saxton came along and just fucking exploded it either because it was pushing their shit it in or for the hell of it.

>Valve being legally obligated to stick to a schedule

That sounds amazing.

Plots for the cartoon series?

My idea is that a whole season is just one match on 2-fort.

2 part episodes with Blu and Red on various maps.

4 mercs per team and a spy who always trolls everyone by betraying them over and over again. No real continuity is needed with exception of multiepisodic plots like mvm or merasmus. Characters literally write themselves

I was naive enough to expect a Venture Bros crossover.

Make it a character driven gag cartoon with no continuity, a la Golden Age theatrical cartoons

It would just get cancelled halfway through the first season.

It is between the comics since Saxton hale still owns Mann Co.

Red Vs. Blue

Imagine how slow production of the Venture Bros is compounded with Valve Time. It'll never happen man.

In the meet the spy short i always wondered if red spy killed blue spy and how he explained that to his mom.

>Best class gets best waifu
That delicious Russian thiccness

Amen

Yeah, expiration date was very good, but at this point a tf2 series would boil down to 'the scout show', its really sad to see most of the mercs do stuff but never say anything or just re-use old voices/sounds.

At least they can continue the plot through the comics.

Hard to say in the actual game logic, but in the ongoing (aka the main story) the two teams merged into one team except the engineer, who is still blue and are working under miss pauling/the admnistrator/saxton hale ever since gray mann shown up killed redmond and blumond.

Also the game itself is called a 'documentary game' in the catch-up comic in one of the pages, but that might just be a one-off joke.

who draws the comics, anyway?

this is so uninteresting, just looking at your image makes ma want to not look at it because of how soulless it is

>TF2 is good again
I knew this day would come

At least as far as pre-post Grey is concerned, the 9 survivors just all switched to red shirts, there's a panel of the blu's changing I think, so that red scout is in fact the former blu scout.

There's still a bunch of shit that doesn't fit, mind.

It was never going to. Valve was always terrible at releasing anything of its side-material on time.