Who was in the wrong here?

Who was in the wrong here?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/gallery/ie6Je
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Women are always in the wrong when it comes about feelings.

But Steven is literally a woman trapped in a man's body

>Who was in the wrong here?

Connie for being a selfish asshole about how it hurt 'her' feelings how Steven saved everyone, but now he's back and he's fine and he did good, so Connie is just gonna be mopey and mad at him. Steven could have fucking died and he did what he thought was best to save everyone, why be a roastie about it and just drag down what should be a happy moment?

But also Steven because his plan was retarded and could have gone wrong a million ways and he's just making everything progressively more worse and hostile because he won't just explain how his Mother is fucking dead. Steven got out of there entirely due to circumstance and by no real skill of his own, so, yeah, they 'should' be mad about that, but I don't expect Steven to tell anyone or them to find out.

Are there more leaks I've missed?

Both but I feel Ike Steven does not understand that what he did was suicide. And people have the right to scold him on retarded decisions

you for watching this garbage

CN for not cancelling it.

The thing is, Steven has multiple times disregarded the feelings of Connie and the Gems in terms of his safety. Basically they are all willing to risk their life to protect each other, effectively taking their choice away from them.

How would we know? The episodes aren't out yet

Steven has a point but after the whole fusion meditation, Steven was in the wrong and ironically got lucky Lars was dragged along

This literally Connie in Dewey Wins

tfw you could totally dig a fantasy side story that's Steven playing a tabletop game with everyone.

Why tf do people still talk about this show

I think Connie could have gotten her point across better if she had been the smart one here and sat Steven down to talk about what happened, and yeah, running away with Lion really isn't going to help at all.

As it is, Steven is technically the wronger one here, what he did was basically killing himself, if Lars hadn't been on that ship, if the blue Zircon hadn't made the breakthrough that it did, if the Diamonds hadn't devolved into bickering and ignoring Steven and Lars, and if Lars hadn't died, basically any of this shit not happening would have either gotten Steven shattered or at the very least stranded on homeworld, he survived purely by chance.

I get that he didn't have that much choice since people he cared about were going to be taken away, but Steven should at least be willing to treat it as the serious situation it was, he nearly died, and he's just brushing it off like it's nothing, I'd probably be mad too if I were Connie.

Was that drawn by the crew or is it TRIGGER fanart? Either way, I feel like we're entitled to a DnD episode.

both could be viewed as kinda wrong but I'd say Connie is more wrong / being more of a bitch

I mean what the hell did she expect Steven to do? He was kind of low on options in that situation

Fact of the matter is that regardless of what both parties feel, it's stupid that Steven would think that the Diamonds would leave earth alone after he turned himself in/shattered him.

The biggest problem with the show is that Steven makes stupid decisions that have little, no, or extremely delayed consequences. And those are always negated by circumstances or people not giving a shit rather than his skills or merit.

I think she would have been less mad if Steven had at least treated the situation with a little more gravity than he was.

Even if he's used to crazy shit like that happening, he should be able to understand and empathise with his friends and family being seriously scared for his life during that incident since he really could have died on multiple occasions during that arc, and even if he survived, he still could have easily been stranded on homeworld. Yet he brushes off Connies concerns like this was just another silly adventure.

The writers for not even knowing where the hell they are taking anything. This all just seems like drama for drama's sake, it's almost like they are trying to force controversy just to get water cooler levels attention. It's fucking garbage and just one of those last nails killing anyone's interest that isn't a hardcore fan.

I think Connie..is in the wrong mostly because...yeah Steven had literally no other options..for all he knew Aquamarine could've had Topaz crush his friends like jelly...Also her wand can stop god damn Alexandrite..it stopped a triple fusion..He had no other option but to turn himself in

>phoneposter

Crew fanzine
imgur.com/gallery/ie6Je

>le dramatic staging when connie's crying about how she's sad

>drama for drama's sake
That's tumblr/teen girls for you. They have a massive angstboner

>all these cunts saying steven was in the wrong because he was suiciding
nigger he's the hero he's supposed to risk his life to save the day

you don't see princess bubblegum crying about how finn risked his life to save her and that it wasn't fair of him

Depends.
If Steven told them all about how Lion and Lars were connected and he needs Lion to communicate with Lars. Connie.
If he didn't tell them that upfront. Steven.

> Princess bubblegum

Problem is that with her she SHOULD be more worried for Finn when he risks his life for her or her kingdom, she basically treats it like whatever when Finn definitely deserves more praise for what he does.

Also

I feel even for that market this is getting stretched thin and getting out of character for everyone. Steven has not acted like this when the stakes got that high in the past but now he does? We both know why, because with out that her being pissed wouldn't add up, but it still dosn't add up because her logic is a broken circuit to the events before her. At this point fucking fan fiction has been more respectful.

the episode where she was crying about attacking that kid at school was the final bullshit story i needed to drop it, is she STILL doing this shit?

PB did do that in the past when she actually used to care about Finn. Not crying but visible/audible worry and reprimanding.

That episode is what makes this episode so trash, she can't for even a second question that Steven might be acting this way to cope? That after all he has been though this is his new tough skin otherwise he isn't getting out of bed anytime soon? Nope, let's just be mad at him because we need something to get you to tune in next time.

>she SHOULD be more worried for Finn
this is true, but she shouldn't/doesn't get mad at him and make it about her when he saves the day, he's the fucking hero

>Also
He did that because he was trying to not be dramatic, to treat it like it wasn't worth getting concerned over and that he's fine. The logical thing. What, did he need to cry about how dangerous it was, he was so scared, and he's never saving the earth again? Wouldn't be surprised if that's what you guys are wanting, since he does cry about everything else. If anything he'd do it and she'd say straightfaced that he's right and that she doesn't want him to do it ever again and walk off.

This shit is treated so fucking retard-minded.

>PB
I think your perspective skewed by nuAT but Finn was a celebrated hero, parties, rewards, the love of the people and princesses. It's only later in the series does he really become unappreciated.

> he was trying to not be dramatic

There's trying not to be dramatic, and there's ignoring the fact that you were in a super serious life threatening situation.

Not saying he should be crying about it or being scared, but don't laugh about it and treat it like it was just a silly adventure to you.

Like I said, even if HE'S used to it he should be able to empathise with the people he cares about when they're so scared FOR him. Again, just don't treat it like a fun little space romp.

>even if HE'S used to it he should be able to empathise with the people he cares about when they're so scared FOR him
holy shit tumblr

This. He basically negated the agency of everybody who loves him and threw his life away.
Naturally this is terrible for the Gems sworn to his mother. They love him and him dying like this means Rose would have died for nothing.
And Connie had basically lost the love of her life, after being rejected by him in the end. Which was what he had sworn not to do, even asked her to never do. They would always fight together.
But he had to go it alone; no desperate last stand, no throwing everything at them and falling short.
He just ignored the wishes of his family and took himself away from them.
And then he just comes back like it's all cool. Like he didn't just yesterday accept certain death and slap his proud warriors in the face.
Like suicide isn't a selfish act.

Of course Connie is being upset about her feelings when he gambled his life and that is not exactly grateful. But he also denied her the chance to fight, refused the fusion that would see them stand a chance. He decided that she would live and he would die when she was more than ready to follow him into the jaws of hell. And that is a breach of trust that would be easier forgiven had he actually died and ended the conflict. But nothing of the sort happened. He just pissed off everyone and got the Diamonds angrier.

Sure, this is all not precisely rational. But emotions seldomly are. And emotions are what the show is about.

>basic humanity is tumblr

>there's ignoring the fact that you were in a super serious life threatening situation.
And which one was this? The one where the waters of earth were stolen? The time he watch his friends get poofed and he got a black eye and was on a space ship that crashed to earth? How about the times Jasper was out for blood? the cluster where he had a billion voices in his head and witness as the world almost shattered? or how about that time he got a human friend rope in with some heavy meta evils and he fucking died and is now zombie stuck in space? The kid has gone through so much hell that if he dosn't find a way to laugh at it all he is going to kill himself. There was an excellent chance in that scene for Connie to catch that, to click, that her best friend has been through so much hell that he has to treat it as normal or he can not function anymore, she knows better than most the hell he suffers, about his mom, about the lives that are captured and corrupted, about the fact that he is the center of all this and he can never escape it and either must walk it everyday or watch everything burn around him. But no, she doesn't, not because it's her character but because these god damn writers refuse to think past an episode of what the meta of the story is and just drum up drama for the sake of it.

Connie is always right

>Connie takes the only means to get back to homeworld away from Steven
>Lars and the Off-colors are still back there
>She doesn't know how to work them
>She will most likely lose them
Connie's one and only use is fusion fodder. Which is why Stevonnie is going to get "new powers" as her hot voice actor said.

>Connie if you love me promise you'll never sacrifice your life to keep me safe, we can always fight together.
>Okay.
>Hold up I'm about to sacrifice my life right after refusing to fight together. We're still cool right?

>Jasper one one page alone
>not in any of the groupshots
hey can someone please just fucking kill me?

Connie would have gotten herself uselessly effortlessly killed. She's a human being trained by a mentally ill out of touch war veteran that's not even half as strong as Steven is now.

>you're not taking things seriously
>so I'm risking everyone's lives because of it and taking your means to help them.

Fuck, what the hell happen to this show?

Like I said, he was trying to not make the scene dramatic, if you make it dramatic she would be even more worried. Passing it off as a fine thing that wasn't that bad lets her know that specific instance wasn't so bad, and it calms her down in the now.

Not if they had fused, being a skilled/fast swordsman can be extremely helpful when the enemy's loli syndrome wannabe is distracted.

The writers

>him dying like this means Rose would have died for nothing.
No, it means he died protecting the planet the same way rose did, she saved it but they came back as a threat later. Steven saw this as him saving it for good, viewers knew if they did kill him, they'd come back anyway and of course that's just how it went with rose.

>And Connie had basically lost the love of her life
give me a fucking break

You are expecting an upset teenager to second-guess signature behavior of the opposing gender.
She is a girl. She subconsciously expects him to be more forward with his feelings and more ready to lean on others because that is what she would do. We saw that precisely in Here Comes a Thought. She does not see his suffering because he hides it actively.
He on the other hand is a boy and sees himself as the leader, as responsible.
He cannot show weakness and does everything to keep people from worrying, which looks terribly careless here.
If he would just admit that he is also afraid, confused and angry, she would reconsider.
But he neither recognises her anger, nor does he admit vulnerability, and looks like an ass for it.
And that will be what this episode will be about. Admitting you are afraid, too so problems can be addressed on an equal footing.

It got to big for its britches but pretends it didn't

It had potentiol at one point.

Stevonnie shouldn't really be that strong which is why they're pulling powers from out of her butt during this arc.

>Admitting you are afraid, too so problems can be addressed on an equal footing

Didn't we have this episode already?

Well this show has terrible pacing so who cares at this point.

three time to be exact

jesus christ

>Connie would have gotten herself uselessly effortlessly killed.
Stevonnie has proven themselves to be really strong. The fact of the matter is that Steven didn't trust her and him together enough.

And let's be honest, Steven sacrificing himself would have done nothing but delay the inevitable for the rest of the humans if it had gone the way he thought it would.

Connie is basically Mable. She doesn't like Steven for Steven. She just wants an exciting life.

this is some bullshit virtue signalling

Stevens actions would not have saved the planet at all. Even remotely.

That's a load of fucking Bullshit. She never even learn to fight till season 2 and she had many times where she just enjoyed Stevens company.

No motherfucking shit, but he thought he was doing as such. I just fucking said us, the viewers knew that, but he didn't.

Stevonnie is nothing more than a ruby compared to homeworld tech. Steven's goal was to minimize the loss and he did good.

Rose gets shattered and Stevonnie is a human. Unless they go back to earth and rediscover the cluster then there's no reason they should be coming back.

And advocating for unquestioning self-sacrifice is not?
Nobody said Connie is being the better person here for being angry with him, just that she has a position and he has one.
Both do typical things for their gender and fail to recognise each other.
If anything that's virtue signalling to therapists. It's a by-the-numbers communication breakdown leading to a fight.

I JUST WANT IT TO END

and he should be applauded for making a hasty decision?
How would he NOT know that wont save the planet?

>
Sorry, I meant lars.

>Both do typical things for their gender
you're seriously a dumb fuck

>how come my cluster is not ready yet i want that super weapon.
>send some gems in to check it out,

>and he should be applauded for making a hasty decision?
He shouldn't be chastised for doing what he thought would save Earth.
>How would he NOT know that wont save the planet?
You're a dumb nigger because that's exactly what I've been trying to say.

Steven should have just let them get kidnapped, since they were just going to the zoo anyway. The Amethysts would have seen to it that they were treated well until there was a means to get them back to Earth.

actually in recent (and early AT from what I remember) PB is like that, thinking of when he was leaving for Islands and she made him promise to stay safe

with SU the deal is that Steven and Connie are on more of the same level so Connie feels like Steven is taking all the risk for himself and not leaving it as an even split

The cluster has been inactive for 4-6000 years. Why would they suddenly be searching now?

>connie dont kill ur self for me we are a team
>Okay steven Jam buds?
>jam buds
>time skip
>ayyy lmao im just kill my self for you
>j-jam buds?

>she knows better than most the hell he suffers
that's what makes this whole thing so fucking stupid, she has seen in Steven's mind all that he suffers yet thinks that magically Steven is just some spacey kid being reckless?

Nah fuck this I bet they are going to have shitty stories that demand this out come so they are forcing it like a rape on the story to ensure no one can pause and go "but why didn't they do this?"

Holy Shit...

>Stevonnie is nothing more than a ruby compared to homeworld tech. Steven's goal was to minimize the loss and he did good.
Through a series of what are basically accidents on his end. His PLAN fucking sucked. The fact that it necessitated throwing away his trust in even the POSSIBILITY of a better solution with Connie fucking sucked.

His plan involved leaving all the humans behind, but he'd have never made it back on Earth if Lars wasn't there by accident. His own plan needed to fail from the very start before it even resembled "doing good". Who knows what else he could have achieved if humans other than Lars was there? But he didn't even give Connie a chance like he didn't even love her, to be a hypocrite by sacrificing himself, with a plan that only appeared to have good results because it failed from the start.

Because there was a whole arc saying that its expected to form ANY FUCKING DAY?
that was why peridot was fucking sent to earth in the first place dumb ass.

>But he didn't even give Connie a chance like he didn't even love her
That meant to be "trust her" but fuck it that works too.

>that's what makes this whole thing so fucking stupid, she has seen in Steven's mind all that he suffers yet thinks that magically Steven is just some spacey kid being reckless?
It's the fact that he should have known better is what messes Connie up.

What?
Men will go to great lengths to hide their pain and not seek help.
And women overlook problems of their spouses until specifically informed about them, which gives them a false impression of the situation that generates irritating behavior as a consequence of this misinformation campaign.
Seriously, these tropes are so old they are in every comedy about couples ever.

Just because he seen what hes going through does not mean its okay what he did.
people stressed out do all sorts or retarded shit.
and buddy steven did a really REALLY retarded thing that nobody was happy with.

Is this the Sup Forums version of DBZ Shaggy and Gohan Blanco?

Why are you so hostile.
Does the thrill of anonymously attacking strangers over the internet get your chode to tickle? Perhaps you should consider paying your overdue bar tab. Oh wait im going to guess you dont leave that crusty old basement you call your home. Perhaps if you took one moment, one day, nay, one passing second to think about your situation in life you would realize that in the end nothing is worth while and that the most you can do to positively impact this world and all other worlds in the known universe is to finally, FINALLY, itch that scratch in the back of your mind. The thought you dare not acknowledge lest you finally man up the cojones, balls for your impoverished foolhardy ass, to FINALLY take that power cord, sticky and grimy with caked on layers of doritos crumbs, sweat, and semen. A frothy, disgusting mixture of bodily waste that so accurately sums up who and what you and your lifestyle represent: Absolute scum. Not one more second should pass where you continue to contribute to the enthropic heat death of known reality. Take that power cable. Take that disgusting mound of semen, rubber, and disgusting food particles. Take it. Take all 8 feet of it from the very wall in which its plugged to the half dismantled box that you use to type this message to me. Take it, and finally, FINALLY, itch that scratch. Tie it as tight as you can around your neck, make sure that one end is securely fastened to the ceiling, and take that final plunge. That final step off your bent and mangled chair, the unfortunate piece of plastic used to carry your morbidly obese welfare person. Take that final step. Take that final step into the halls of darkness and obscurity. Do it. Kill yourself. For the good of all mankind.

Rewatch the Lars in the Stars preview
None of this matters by the time Lars and his space shit happens, Connie and Steven are all buddy-buddy again in the preview.

>Steven Universe
>current plotline doesn't matter later within the same season
Shocker.

You must be a women if you feel threatend by words on the internet. rather than refute the argument.

also decent pasta

Neat pasta bro

Yeah, because Connie's little outburst made us miss that unbelievable space adventure we SHOULD HAVE HAD.

Bitch...

Lion, for once again being a dodgy piece of shit with his master's successor.

>Conflicts get resolved
>This is a bad thing

Duh. He will have an epiphany because Dewey will have a parallel problem that looks stupid to the onlooker because he can see both points and where they are bound to clash.
He and Connie will cry a lot and come to terms with things eventually.
Then it's out to the stars!

>conflict that never should have existed and is making the audience miss something far better happens
>We shouldn't be mad that it happened

>pointless conflict affects nothing and waste time
>this is a good thing

Which has made worse decisions overall, steven or lapis?

>Pointless filler conflict that has no long lasting effects on the characters or plot
I bet you like modern day Peridot as well.

>character development doesn't matter
Oh it's this retarded shit. No matter what the show or comic you people show up.

>same post by two different people 16 seconds apart
The Sup Forums hivemind is real

It's pretty much Full Disclosure again. And any other Connie/Steven strife episodes.