Ashi's spirit lives on confirmed

youtube.com/watch?v=5HyOYxLolUo

Why? She shouldn't exist. She's nothing, zip. Just like the millions that got killed when she and Jack erased the future.

It's cheesy, but spirits exist outside of space and time in the Samurai Jack universe apparently. It is cheesy and it works in the known laws of Samurai Jack's universe

Well, if we ascribe to the idea that Samurai Jack's universe is heavily buddhist based, then that means Ashi's original soul didn't come from nowhere, Ashi is a reincarnation of someone else, if she had just died, she would have reincarnated into someone else.

So basically, Ashi's spirit, literally, lives on, but it has never been Ashi anymore, not even is Ashi yet.

indeed, all of Jack's friends would be 'alive' just not the people he remembers, perhaps a few people on his journey in the past ARE the past incarnations of his future friends? According to some beliefs, the closer you are with someone in one life, the more likely you are to run into them or even end up related in the next.

This of course also assumes nothing would remove or disrupt their soul from the reincarnation cycle, such as jack's time travel or Demongo capturing the soul.

>Jack's father is, or rather would have reincarnated into The Scotsman.

Does this mean Aku is alive somewhere in someone?

>Does this mean Aku is alive somewhere in someone?

She IS the new Aku.

>implying Jack's sword didn't cleanse Aku's spirit, meaning he's now reincarnated into an overwhelmed, dorky father of seven daughters who makes constant dad-tier jokes.

Ashi reincarnated as the ladybug and eventually her spirit will become human again someday.

I always presumed this, its kind of beautiful actualy,

that would be neat. a nice family man with seven daughter.

Nothing can salvage that finale

Nobody actually knows how time travel works in real life so writers get to do their own thing with it. Sometimes you get fixed timelines. Sometimes you get branching. Other times paradoxes rip the universe in twain. That sort of thing. While the ending works as is, the generally accepted logic of time travel does allow for one more story to be told. All you need to do is take a few things into account.
1) Ashi was able to change the past, yet still disappeared - This is a big deal. Either that means there is a lag on the effects of time travel, or there is some branching that occurred. If there was a lag (where things vanish) there's the problem of everyone still remembering her. It leaves some wiggle room for an idea later on.
2) The Guardian's portal is sentient - It speaks to him, and has a perspective beyond time. It also sees Jack as someone who will be worthy in his future. Aku may have destroyed the portal in the future, but given that -
3) The Guardian is eons old - It's possible that the portal exists in the past as well. This means that Jack could still use it, and as the man who defeated Aku, he may now be worthy. The portal also was unique in appearance, and given it's sentience... it may be able to see the branching path of time. Jack could go "back to the future" he left, a nice inversion of his original quest.
Given that Aku didn't vanish immediately when Ashi and Jack went back ("Oh no") it means that changing the past didn't immediately kill him. If it's a branching mechanism, it means he's still alive.

Why did Ashi vanish then?
Either because there is a delay (a sort of time snap back where Aku's death eventually rippled back to the past/future) or Ashi no longer belonged in that timeline. If there are multiple timelines, you could have her vanish from one to reappear in the one she was native to. Waking up to continue to fight Aku in Jack's absence (able to now match him, but unable to finish him).

I can't hear anything, the fuck OP?

>"Weird foreplay there Ashi, but I'll roll with it"

I prefer to think he has three daughters, if you know what I mean.

Nah, Jack reincarnates into the professor and he ends up with the three daughters.

>No subtle crossover moment where the girls are in trouble, Professor Utonium grabs a sword and goes ballistic and suddenly voiced by Phil LaMarr.

Her, definitely her.

"Yes Ashi, and I also killed your dad and by extention...you"

It still doesnt stop the ending from being contrived and fucking shit

The Professor is a good man, but I can't accept Jack's reincarnation not being more outright heroic, maybe as a fireman or cop. Plus I like the poetry of purified Aku looking a bit like Jack and raising heroes more than going the obvious route like that.

>The portal ... it may be able to see the branching path of time.
>Jack could go "back to the future" he left, a nice inversion of his original quest.
>vanish from one to reappear in the one she was native to.
>Waking up to continue to fight Aku in Jack's absence

I like this idea.

spirit 2nd definition might be what is in play here, that Jack will always remember her...which still makes no sense if time paradox killed her but whatever.

frankly I do not care, i just want to see jack visiting new interesting places fighting with more bounty hunters and see and epic one an one final fight with aku, but sadly that does not happen.

Reincarnation isn't about a cycle of repetition, it's viewing life from many different perspectives and learning to fully appreciate them all. Jack had his time as a warrior. This time around he's learning to be a different kind of protector, a father.

>1) Ashi was able to change the past, yet still disappeared - This is a big deal. Either that means there is a lag on the effects of time travel, or there is some branching that occurred. If there was a lag (where things vanish) there's the problem of everyone still remembering her. It leaves some wiggle room for an idea later on.
Or it runs on the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon rules of time travel, where gods can let someone linger for a while after they've been paradoxed out of existence. Jack has a pretty good relationship with the gods, so one of them probably decided to let them have their wedding.

Occam's razor is Jack forgets all his adventures and merely remembers that Aku tried to warp him away but it didn't work and he killed him. That last shot of him could be him forgetting all his adventures in the future. This should be what happens because Jack dosn't age when displaced in time which is part of the traveling twins time travel paradox in which time exist on a 4th dimension and only actions change events and rewrites everyone's view on said events. So Ashi sending Jack back allowed time to fix everything, Jack ages normally and with Aku dead the world of the future we saw no long exists and with it any trace of it because Jack can not hold memories of things that no longer exist because that would create a paradox.

Seems like a dick thing to do when they could have just let Ashi stay in the past.

could have been a risk of Aku's return shit

>confirm her spirit still exists
>still don't reveal who the fuck guided her to jack after she met da sahmoorai

Seriously, who was that? Was it the baby, the girl with the smoky demon that haunted her home, who?

A conglomeration of a bunch of characcters or some bullshit

I still think it was someone who Jack encountered between seasons 4 and 5, to imply that he's had more adventures and saved people we haven't seen.

>so one of them probably decided to let them have their wedding.
then they decide to kill her on the wedding day. Gods are jerks; you know, they could have vanished Aku themselves, but they decide to leave this task to a mortal. That is a dick move to be honest.

GUYS. There's no way for Ashi's spirit to still be alive if Jack erased her from existence......Unless he /didn't/ and the ending was just an illusion.

not him, but I can appreciate Aku needing to learn the value of being a better person as professor utonium.

>Girls are in trouble
>Panicked, the professor builds a 'time gun' and sends the villain INTO THE FUTURE!
>"Professor, how far forward did you send him?"
>"Uhhh....twenty minutes..."

>could have risked akus return
>"I felt him leave me"
Nah not really

You can't die if you didn't exist in the first place

I like to think the evil that's is Aku is now sealed within Jack, forever restrained by his heroic spirit.

>Scotsman gets to come back because Celtic magic ex machina
>jack regains his sword because of deus ex machina
>jack gets back to the past with DUDE AKU ex machina
>ashi doesn't get to continue existing after earning it 100 times over
Fuck you karma you fickle cunt

>jack doesn't age when in wrong time
That was never confirmed or even implied. All that was ever said in regards to the cause of his age halt was "it seems the initial time travel has affected the aging process". It doesn't confirm whether he stops aging in the wrong time or if time traveling at all permanently halts your aging, or some other variable.

JACKED

She killed her mom and helped jack kill her dad.

Ashi clearly gets turned on by the thought of their evil souls watching her fuck and suck their arch nemesis and defile her holes with cum until their wedding night.

That fucking aku in the back.

No, because Aku is not part of the continuum of souls. He is an outside evil.

Perhaps the personality inscribed on him by Man continues on in some fashion. But the evil that is Aku is gone.

Who the hell is Ashi?

Where have you been?

>Just like the millions that got killed when she and Jack erased the future.
What about the trillions that didn't suffer under Aku's regime?

JACKED

I love this.