Star Vs The Forces of Evil

Would the show be as popular as it is if it had two male protagonists?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WWpZC1bKfX8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yeah, sure.

Hit with girls and older guys. Everyone else not so much.

Sup Forums would still want them to fuck, but not in an SJW/virtue-signaling way.

No. There'd be fuck all threads.

Depends. Would B!Star still get cucked? Because that would turn people against the show really fast.

What if Marco was replaced by Jackie

ROYAL SECRET, ONE LAST TO TELL

gays deserve to be cucked.

Nope

then we get the best ending

I'd imagine not, although fujos would flock harder to this show than before.

I'd still watch it.

ROYAL SECRET ROYAL SECRET ROYAL SECRET ROYAL SECRET ROYAL SECRET ROYAL SECRET ROYAL SECRET ROYAL SECRET ROYAL SECRET

Rick and Morty still gets spammed despite having two male protagonists. Plus Sup Forums could obsess over the female side characters and ship them with the protagonists.

Probably not.

>WOY got cancelled and that survived

I'm still salty.

tumblr is definitely a buzzword but if it was two boys the gay pandering and fanbase circulation would be through the fucking roof

Genderswap is the best.
I ship male star with princess Marco.

is that way, son.

WORMS AND PLASTIC MINNOWS

No. Cute magic would be replaced by MONSTER TRUCK XTREME boy magic and it would be obnoxious as fuck.

The "cute" magic is already obnoxious as fuck

Why do I want my dick in that butterfly?

tumblr would love it, no one would watch it

Fujos for sure would love it, only a few episodes with Marco and Tom and it managed to be the second most popular pairing.

If Tom didn't exist we'd probably see a lot more weird stuff like Marco/Toffee or Marco/Sensei to fulfill the obligatory fandom yaoi pairing

it works though because it is a pastiche of the magical-girl genre, which doesn't have a male equivalent.
Maybe if boy-star was a stereotypical boy knight like Finn it could work, but magic is a pretty integral part of Star Vs. I don't think it could work.

Or maybe Marco/River. They did spend a couple days chained up in a dungeon together and there was that one scene I swear I must be misremembering where River wants Marco to be Moon (?)

>Marco/Toffee
It would definitely be that.

Alright! Just started watching today and finished the first season in one sitting. I think its very fun and I cant wait for star to become not cucked because I enjoy it genuinely for the humor, and star with Marco is cute

Nice to hear that user, can't wait till you get to season 2.
what's your favorite episode so far?

THE FLORIDA EVERGLADES

Marco/Toffee would definitively be it, Jeremy probably too

>Peanut
triggered

Dies Irae

All OP asked was "Would the show be as popular as it is if it had two male protagonists?"
He said nothing about a personality transplant.

answer is still no

Would that also mean certain characters like Tom and Ponyhead stay the same gender or change?

Would the butterfly queens stay the same gender or becomes kings instead?

WOY?

It'd be western counterpart to Devilman

I've always thought canon male Star must exist in a universe where the Butterflys (or whatever they're called there) are kings and the throne/wand passes from father to son. Because male Star has cheek emblems, and from what we've seen in-show it's just women with them-- so in this AU it'd be reversed. Not to get tumblr here but if we're to assume Moon, Eclipsa and the others were still female then Star would have to be trans to account for the marks.

I saw that timeline as being a complete genderswap for all characters, but with a male Marco in that fanart it could be male Butterfly kings + female River and everyone else staying the same.

> Jackies hands overtly roaming the plains.

Lute as fuck.

where's this from

>cuntboy Star
user no, this'll only end in lewdness

reminds me of that super gay Star-boy character I saw on /d/ once. Anyone know where that's from?

Daily reminder these are the worst threads on Sup Forums, populated by perverts, pedophiles, underages, and talentless fuck-offs.

You're saying that like it's a bad thing.

How is Nefcy going to make us hate Eclipsa, when Eclipsa is fuckin' great?

but Star is not human and Marco is 30 years old, both are legal.

Daily reminder that our worst drawfags have contributed more than any nofunfags

they are cute and perfect in any gender so yeah.

Also they can totally pull that off, star becoming a boy or some shit and Marco kissing boy Star.
A MAN CAN DREAM

If you don't like the thread, you don't have to be here? I'm sorry, but at least I can give you this (You) to make up for it.

>not human
>legal

I think these days it'd actually benefit if they kept Star's nature with a male protagonist.

She's not the real final villain.

It's something as yet unknown, or Glossaryck.

I'm all for gayboi star but knowing reactionary parents I still think it wouldn't go over well.
tumblr crowd would probably also hate it because you can't have any gay character without it being a problematic stereotype according to them

It's Jackie

please tell me someone is making an edit of that comic except Star is a boy

Wrong, it's the Blood Moon.

How big of a riot would happen if Boy Star was outed like that in a giagantic concert?

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Zku'r Me'w-ii wgah'nagl fhtagn.

You can keep gayBoyStar having a crush on Marco without having the show change much at all.

The only issue would be Tom. Should he be changed to a girl, as that was just Boy Star experimenting with his sexuality.

Ia, Zku'r

That would've been 10x funnier. The cringe would be a lot worse too.

Are you prepared for BonBon 2 Marco edition Starcobros? with that sneak peak and the eps description it's feels it will be worse

Yandere girl Tom works a lot better imo than stalker boy Tom

Just a thought, is the ethnic term "Monster" actually a slur? Just like how the term nigger was thrown around casually decades ago and now it's considered the most offensive term in the book.

When Mewni becomes PC, will we be calling monsters "Indigenous Mewmans" or something like that?

>invited family over for the next weekend
>S3 starts on november
>can't get drunk the whole weekend and marathon S2 because I never caught up because I have family over
oh well

Considering both the septarians and the double-heads have princesses, I'd say yeah.

>native Mewmans
May just call them by their culture.

Boy!Star is basically Star with short haircut. It's the only feminine detail that let us not to think she is a boy.

What about Oskar?

>OPEN SECRET, NO NEED TO TELL

>A HOMO PRINCE WHO'LL BURN IN HELL

monsters are a different species, even amongst themselves. Comparing monsters and mewmans to whites and niggers is a bit dehumanizing to niggers.

The monsters call themselves monsters but I guess that doesn't tell us anything one way or the other.

Oskar would be Star trying out his new outlook so Oskar would stay the same.

Fucking kek.

That'd be harder to work with. Because GirlStar was physically attracted to Oskar before realizing her feelings for Marco. So it wouldn't fit well storywise if BoyStar was closeted gay.

Although maybe just make Oskar a female and have BoyStar pretend he's into her to not arise suspicion. - Mewberty would also be a mess.

Mewberty would pass zero censors with boyStar

>MARCO DIAZ, NUMBER ONE
>MAN HE WANTS TO RAM HIS BUM

>yfw Star cuts her hair when she joins Eclipsa at the end of "Monster Bash" to signify a change of character.

Essentially, Mewberty with BoyStar & Marco would be a Disney XD Date with the Booty Warrior

So when are we getting our heavy metal 80s Dungeons and Dragons episode?

She will become a dyke?

I can imagine this playing while reading it
youtube.com/watch?v=WWpZC1bKfX8

When Marco gets his leather jacket back.

The real final villain is Teens Emotions

I just want more slim twink Star, is that so much to ask for?

oh look some hack writer just had to fucking shove identity politics in this episode

FUCKING
DROPPED

It was played for laughs, user get over it

apparently

that's a reasonable, and quality request

>someone acknowledged the Jackie pooch
Thank you!

I don't get. Too subtle.

I want him to fuck me in the ass

I always wondered why she was forgotten

>Not a single alternate Marco in this image
>Even Jackie gets her alternate animal self acknowledged