Objectively, which is the better show, SU or OK KO?

Objectively, which is the better show, SU or OK KO?
What's more important, DEEPEST LORE with everyday hijinks thrown in like SU, or well-written everyday hijinks with lore more as a backdrop like OK KO?

Its like asking someone if they like Dragon Ball Z or Sailor Moon more . It depends on how much estrogen the person has. So the correct answer is OKKO obviously.

There's also the matter that one is new and the other is old.

It appears that some fans are getting burned out by SU and just want something to latch onto plot wise. Whereas OK K.O. fans are fine with how things are going so far. Considering how the show is designed and how new it is the desire for plot doesn't come in at such a high demand.

I would have said SU some time ago but I feel like it's gotten really far up its own ass.

Can YOU answer your own question?

There is a perfect show somewhere between these two

Yeah, it's called Star Vs The Forces of Evil

Star Vs is better than SU, but not as good as OK K.O.

Personally I like OK K.O. more.
There isn't really a character I dislike in the show besides Colewort and Elodie (the same can't be said for SU where there's only a good handful of characters I don't actively dislike), its humor is a lot more solid, and its plot isn't so goddamned heavy and huge that it makes the filler seem like a waste.

OK KO's animation is godawful
At least SU eventually dropped their worst boarder and sent Ian and his retarded ideas off to show us all how fucking ugly he can make his characters look with his own cartoon. There is cartoony stretching and squashing, and then there is grade school level doodles randomly morphing all over the frame.

This, all of my friends love it but it's lazy as shit constantly - and Ians animation comparison to Ren and Stimpy is laughable and he can fuck off for making the "Go watch another show" remark

We all know the answer user

This
I remember really liking the short pilot released online and it think it's because character designs were nicer and more consistent over all

But when I actually watched the show I was bored by it and the art style change

Both are bad for different reasons

SU has just itself into the ground, misdirected/ignored major character and story arc, and really did not have pacign that would allow the plot and non plot episode to flow

KO is mostly wacky fun whic his good since so many shows are lore/plot based in the WORST way now, but it's also just shallow with no identity besides references. it just feels like Dragonball: The Video Game knockoff parody not a real show

KO still has a chance if it can find it's footing fast

Not really - both shows are very similar in terms of tone, K.O. is only slightly more absurdist.

I think SU was better than KO is now back when Ian was working on SU. Looking back it seems as though he was the one that understood action and cared about things like more dynamic perspectives during fights.

Once he left the angles in SU stagnated horribly, the show became extremely flat, and lore and action dwindled in favor of townies and anticlimax

He clearly brought all that to OK KO, but it seems to be lacking the emotional grounding Sugar brought to SU.

I like OK K.O. and a few episodes have pretty decent animation but you're right. Most of the time it just doesn't look good and it sucks when you compare it to the old shorts.

>liking sausage nose more than current style
i was gonna respect your opinion but cmon the pilot designs were just awful

OK KO is good but I'm hoping the creator keeps his word about the show not taking itself too seriously, I don't want this to end up being a genre bait and switch like AT.
No, there isn't. The perfect show is far from being closer to SU, The farther you move away from that angsty poorly written drama shit the better.
>I don't like the art style nor know what animation means so it's bad
This is bait right?
If you think the show is the same as Dragon Ball than you've never watched either. Having vague references that don't have much impact on the show isn't being a parody.
The tones of the show are nothing alike, I don't even know how any non-braindead person could think this? I really need an explanation for this.
>emotional grounding
>in SU
You're fucking retarded my dude. Crying whale tears and singing is the lowest form of emotional manipulation and it got old by the 3rd time they did it.

I still like SU over it because it has more characters and more episodes to be enjoyable.
OK KO is fine, nothing spectacular, and its only on its first season. In any case i think the comparison should be between the first season of SU and the first season of OK KO, and in that i prefer SU

>You're fucking retarded my dude. Crying whale tears and singing is the lowest form of emotional manipulation and it got old by the 3rd time they did it.
>i saw people in Sup Forums talk about it so i assume thats the only form of drama the show has
there is a lot of crying but thats not why people like the drama

>the tones of the show are nothing alike
lol wat? They both strike the exact same light slice of life tone 99% of the time.
>crying whale tears and singing
Do you not know what grounding is? The characters in SU have a modicum of depth and complexity in their motivations. It's been handled more and more poorly as the show goes on but compared to the totally flat characaters in KO it's striking.

>>i saw people in Sup Forums talk about it so i assume thats the only form of drama the show has
I've seen every episode of this fucking show. Are you actually telling me something like Storm in the Room (which did nothing but reiterate shit Steven already cried about before) or Mr.Greg has any legitimate emotional weight to it? I could see this argument being made for something like Cat Fingers, which actually did a decent job portraying the feeling of helplessness, which made the scene of Steven and Greg crying feel earned and sympathetic. But most of the time it's completely forced conflicts where most of the characters are being irrationally stupid, mean-spirited, or whiny.
>lol wat? They both strike the exact same light slice of life tone 99% of the time
Besides the fact that most of SU isn't SoL, even the townie episodes are completely different in tone and energy.
>The characters in SU have a modicum of depth and complexity in their motivations
They do whatever is convenient for the episode.
>compared to the totally flat characaters in KO
The characters in KO, while simple, at least have consistent characterization. In SU, characters are completely motivated by whatever new hangup of the week the writers decide to shoehorn in for the convenience of the plot, like Garnet seeing the future of Greg being kidnapped, but apparently being too scared to stop him, despite having not only sheltered Steven from danger on previous occassions, but having faced DIRECTLY life threatening situations with barely a change in expression, but was too scared to avoid one (then faced it anyway to save him), and there are tons more stupid shit like that across the series.

>hey why is Garnet afraid of the giant all-powerful diamond that used to be her queen
gee I dunno it's a mysery

They must just do whatever's convenient

A smug anime girl, how will I ever recover.

She literally never had to face Blue Diamond. She never even tried to stop Steven from visiting the palanquin. The diamonds are clearly not all powerful if Rose killed one(maybe, but probably not)(we actually have no idea how strong Rose was), not that perceptive, or even smart for that matter considering the scene in the zoo escape.
There was zero reason she couldn't have stopped Steven from going there or escaped with him and Greg when they got there, it's not like their presence on the planet is a secret.

>he can fuck off for making the "Go watch another show" remark

Im really curious, Why are you so triggered by this remark? What did you expect/want him to say?

This is a back lash because not many western cartoons appeal to him so any new show he feels obligated for it to change for him.

>how will I ever recover

You won't
Take the largest knife you have and disembowel yourself.
Death is the only release you can ever hope for

Well, maybe suicide will be more to his taste then

Deep lore is more important. It has the ability to make a show have a long standing discussion base and gives the story a feeling of progression. Unfortunately both shows are shit at sticking to the point when it comes to story, like how SU is thought to be this pseudo-deep lore show, but in reality it forgets the plot exists for a majority of episodes. I wish U would just get to the fucking point.

Scuicide-senpai is that you?~

Blame the network with its constant hiatuses that last months.

If we're only considering the first season of SU because OK KO is way newer, then SU by a long shot.

If all of SU then SU sucks ass now

>Deep lore is more important. It has the ability to make a show have a long standing discussion base
But that's fucking wrong. Think of any of the classic cartoons that are remembered by almost everyone, and beloved across the world and none of it is lorefag shit.
Almost no one will remember TT, ATLA, Megas XLR, BTAS, years from now but 70 years later people across still love Mickey Mouse, and Looney Tunes, and Popeye, and Tom and Jerry even outside of the west. Spongebob is still the most popular modern cartoon there is. And these things are popular for a reason, they provide value in a way that is almost universal, irrespective of cultural or regional attitudes.

OKKO is undeniably shit. the creator himself wants it to look like shit.

the only valid complaint with SU is that townie episodes don't advance the plot and that there's too many of them. the same people who rave about this are the same who would probably call "Jet" a horrible filler episode.

But that makes no sense.

If someone tells a creator "your work is not to my taste because of X", what else can a creator say but "I'm sorry, maybe you would enjoy another show that doesn't have X"

Is he expecting Ian to break down crying and say "you're right I'm now going to change my show just for you, random critic!"

>OKKO is undeniably shit. the creator himself wants it to look like shit.
We baiting right out of the gate eyy?
>the only valid complaint with SU
You mean besides the terrible writing, painfully bad dialogue, the unlikable characters as well as the incomprehensible inconsistent character motivations? Then sure.

I don't know.

SU started off fantastic and slowly began degrading into garbage. It's still watchable, but it's not nearly as enjoyable as it once was. This is mostly due to Sugar not having her shit together and making some really really really bad choices regarding the show's direction.

OK KO on the other hand is fairly even throughout. The stories are good but not great, a lot of the characters are enjoyable, so on. The art style is, sadly, absolutely repellent -made all the worse by the fact that now and again they draw things absolutely amazingly with insanely fluid motion yet CHOOSE to draw everything like shit the rest of the time.

Even Sup Forums is trying to get away from console wars.
This is objectively a retarded question

Both are objectively shit, that's good enough answer for me.

That doesn't mean there aren't good games and bad games. Or good consoles and bad consoles.

Both are shit.

obviously its OK KO here, what kind of retarded question is that
its like asking whats better better mlp and family guy

But those are both garbage. Though... SU IS the new mlp.

>SU or OKKO

They both look like repulsing dogshit lmao

>>I don't like the artstyle nor know what animation means so it's bad
You don't know what animation is, do you?

It's an animator's job to make things look on-model even when they're moving. The people working at this show are neglecting to do something that they should be required to do and you faggots are eating it up.

Cartoons aren't art, they're crafts. And like any other craft they need proper rules to look good.

>It's an animator's job to make things look on-model even when they're moving
>The people working at this show are neglecting to do something that they should be required to do
No, it's the animator's job to create the appearance of motion. It's the storyboarder's job to make visually appealing keyframes, it's the showrunner's job to make the show as entertaining as possible. No one has the job of making anything on-model, nor does doing so necessarily make the quality of the work better.

>you faggots are eating it up
>Make fun show with a cute artstyle people like
We really got played user, we were tricked into enjoying the experience we had watching the show. Those fucking masterminds.

>Cartoons aren't art
This is wrong. Also where do you think you are?
>they're crafts
What do you think a "craft" is?
>they need proper rules to look good
There are no rules to look good, that's a subjective determination made by individual viewers.

>Objectively, which is the better show, SU or OK KO?

KO, because it's not SJW/Tumblr the show. Plus the characters in OK KO are endearing.

If all that is required to be an animator is to emulate motion with images then absolutely anyone, regardless of skill, could fit the job and be hired in any animation studio. Since this is not the case you're still full of shit.

>No one has the job of making anything on-model
I take you don't know about the principles of animation.

>>Make fun show with a cute artstyle people like
I'm not talking about that, you imbicile. I'm talking about all those times Ian and co. have tried to deflect criticism on the poor quality of the animation in OK KO and SU by saying they "don't believe in on-model characters" and succeeded because assholes like you don't know any better.

>Cartoons are art
Art is one of a kind and not meant to be recreated. Cartoons like OK KO are aired over and over again and are meant to make profit.

>What do you think a "craft" is?
Oh my God sorry, I didn't know you were retarded.

KO, KO has great characters and fantastic humor. Steven Universe just has strung out plot points and filler and none of it is funny.

This.

KO>Star>Steven

Right now... OK KO.

I'd have KO tied with Star honestly.

Steven Universe is looking to be more and more "Missed Opportunities and Lack of Direction: The Show"

Ian has the Midas Touch my dude. And he's groping OK K.O. with the whole hand.

>If all that is required to be an animator is to emulate motion with images
It is. That is literally what animation is, and thus the job of an animator.
>regardless of skill
When did I say that? It takes skill to animate.
>Since this is not the case you're still full of shit.
It is the case
>I take you don't know about the principles of animation.
You don't even understand what an animator is.
>poor quality of the animation in OK KO
It's not the greatest but it's far from poor.
>"don't believe in on-model characters"
This has nothing to do with the animation, it's an art style choice. And the show would gain nothing by being on-model.
>succeeded because assholes like you don't know any better
Shit man, we were tricked into enjoy a show. What fools.
>Art is one of a kind and not meant to be recreated
That fundamentally untrue, many symphonies, orchestras and stage plays have been replayed for hundred's of years, many of them commissioned by aristocrats of their time.
Oh my God sorry, I didn't know you were retarded.
Projection

This thread just reminded me

I had a dream last night where Enid came out as trans and Sup Forums exploded

Consistent art and animation.

>Dreaming about browsing Sup Forums
Holy shit bro go outside sometimes

This
Dude, get help. There is so much more to occupy your brain space with.

Sailor Moon (the 90s series) is the objectively superior show, though.

>Megas XLR, BTAS
>lorefag shows
But that's wrong. Hell, I'm not disagreeing with your point - the reason Megas and BTAS are still remembered fondly (BTAS moreso obvsl) is because they DIDN'T rely on overarching plot shit that new viewers couldn't figure out. They're both almost entirely episodic series with a handful of recurring antagonists. Can you cite a single example of DEEPEST LORE from either show?