PS4 Spider-Man

New trailer for the Spider-Man game came out and look who made it into the game and the new trailer

youtube.com/watch?v=Pq02p3z3X2k

>Mary-Jane a major supporting character, hell even playable in a section.

So it true what Insomniac had said that their doing their own thing away from Marvel, meaning that Slott and Quesada are far FAR away from the game?

Was kind of expecting a couple of more villain reveals.

Aunt May looks weird.

It's gonna be shit

>Miles
This is just MGSII, isn't it?

GET BACK HERE SHOCKER!!! SHOOOOOOOOCKEEEERRRR!!!!

Funny that they added Miles.

...it'd be swell if the game had co-op missions. And introduce more of the Spider family.

Costume is a pretty big giveaway, its certainly not the MCU one.

All the designs in this game look so goddamn hideous.

>meaning that Slott and Quesada are far FAR away from the game?
I mean, the main villain of the game is a Slott-creation.

Is it me or does it seem like Spider-Man always fights on subway trains?

Expect a shit ton of alt costumes

Huh, I didn't really expect Mr. Negative to be the main villain of the game.

Unlockables or DLC?

But... they said from the get-go that Mr. Negative was the main villain of the game.

Pre-order the Collector's Edition from Gamestop to receive a bonus costume that doesn't suck!

I do hope Rhino and Mysterio are in this.

>yfw they go the Injustice route and offer overly detailed, armored versions of classic costumes

>Open loot boxes to drop more sleeveless hoodies for Spidey!

Was that Yuri Watanabe calling for back up?

And since when does Mr. Negative shoot energy blasts?

Yes, judging from the previous gameplay trailer, she'll be Spider-Man's Oracle-type character in the intercom trough the game.

Where are all the real Villains at man? Nobody gives a fuck about Mr nip Negative over here

Yes, please give us more of the eight villains we've seen over and over for the last 30 years.

>playing as an unpowered ginger slag
If the game says Spider-Man, I want to play as Spider-Man! The older games for the ps1 and ps2 kept it all focused on Spider-Man.

The gameplay looks solid AND I'm gonna get my MJ fix? Nice. Sign me right the hell up.

>real villains
Like the businessman that dresses as a leprechaun and rides a flying board and he's also edgy because he killed someone?
Or the fat nerd that has four metal tentacles attached to his body and wants self-validation because his father beat him up as a kid?
Or the autistic journalist with a retarded alien suit that went through a shit-ton mental gymnastics to justify his hate-boner for Spider-Man only for it to fade away eventuallt?

Yes

Them>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mr Neggy over here

To be fair, Mister Negative was one of the better recent additions. Even more surprising is that Slott created him

Looks like Mr. Negative is the main baddie

No 2099 alt costume, no buy

Putting Miles in a game is one of the few instances where it's justified, since he can play significantly differently from Peter due to his different powers.

It's clear that Osborn will either be the villain in the final act or in a sequel.

Osborn, Fisk and Shocker are all in this trailer.

>this is Miles
DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE

Come to think of it, Mr. Negative hasn't shown up anywhere in almost 2 years. Slott set him up as a new crime lord in Shangai and China that Cloak and Dagger stayed behind to fight, and then nothing.

>2099
>Classic Look
>Black Costume
>Both Scarlet Spiders
>Spock
What else?

If you're gonna ignore current comics and the MCU (thank christ for both) why don't you go nuts and run wild with the world and the lore like Arkhman did?

Arkham Asylum cramed in as much of the Bat-verse as possible and then expanded with each game, it didn't focus entirely on a C list villain.

Mr Negative has no real impact as a major villain on his own. This all feels like setup for a true villain to appear.

Given Osborne is running for mayor and there's a lot of focus on 'muh city', Mr Negative will be the act one villain before he gives way to Norman.

Why do you care about Spider-Man if none of his major villains appeal to you?

The Arkham games had a shitload of Jokerwank, yet they still had many other characters. They just haven't revealed anyone aside from Negative, Kingpin, Osborn, and recently, Shocker.

Yes please, make 4 games where the final villain IS ALWAYS THE SAME FUCKING GUY

Homecoming

Or at least something without that ugly ass white spider logo

I have a feeling Insomniac is going to justify Miles more than the comics ever did. Plus this doesn't have a hate boner for MJ so that's already a plus for me.

Isn't it more likely that Negative is the villain and Norman is the post-credit sequel set up?

Bagman

Is Miles the first successful attempt at giving Peter a sidekick?
There have been a lot of great Spider-kids but none of them ever really managed to break into the public consciousness.

WIth all the Feast center and Mr. Negative shit, I swear to God we better get Anti-Venom

Spidey and MJ together again?

Well damn I'm interested, still cautious how Miles is going to be involved.
No strong feelings about Negative as the villain.

Wasn't Spider-Man in China fighting him in the beginning of the "I'm a billionaire now" arc?

MCU
Iron Spider
Bag Man
Future Foundation
Wrestling Suit

Black Cat WHEN

Yes, and that was the story from almost 2 years ago that I was talking about.

negative not final boss material

Hopefully never. Fuck that AIDS-ridden cunt.

>Yfw you get royalties

>Miles in the public consciousness
Are you high? To the average Joe Spider-Man was black for a bit like 5 years ago but now it's gone because I saw him in the movie and he's white again.

>Arkham Joker Series
Fuck off mate

Marvel pays chump change for royalties.

Marvel's so fucked when it comes to Venom, they've done a lot of interesting stuff with him but seem so scared to use him when it comes to media outside of the comics. Why?

Jesus fucking Christ help me

fuck off slott

>being a faggot

Web of Shadows had them together as well and was a pretty good game (The only negative part was Spidey's "Good Guy Voice" was really weedy and it was pushing Luke Cage as if he was a big Superhero veteran compared to Spidey)

>Web of Shadows was released 9 years ago

>Finally a SM game that looks good
>Miles Morales leeching off the title once more

I'm so fucking sick of blackface Peter I want to shove a Venom Blast up Bendis' ass.

and was the last good spiderman game

Not so sure I agree with that, Web of Shadows was a last-gen game and was literally entirely about Venom and symbiotes

And it's still fun as fuck to play.

Marvel's been using him a lot in TV shows and toy lines. Not as much as Robin and Batman but close to War Machine and Iron Man. They're retconning the Ultimate Universe stuff and just having be a younger kid with Spider powers who occasionally acts as an understudy to Peter.
He's not massively popular or anything but people know who he is, which is saying a lot more then all the other Parker sidekicks.

Shattered Dimensions was fun and you open world fags can get bent.

So when Peter goes missing or maybe gets his body hijacked by Doc Ock. MJ unlike the Superior comics will instantly known Peter is not himself/being possessed/kidnapped and calls on Miles to take on the role of Spidey to save him while acting as Mission Control.

This game will be awesome, no synergy with the MCU and is based on comics... too bad that we will never see Fox characters here, like Johnny Storm or Juggernaut.

I'm at least glad Pete is an adult in this game and not a rookie-spiderman.
Really fuckin suck of retreading Highschoolar Peter Parker.

What's wrong with Edge of Time?

you only played him in the first part, the rest is miles

I mean symbiotes get a lot of use as a plot device but I was more referring to all of the evolution Eddie Brock has been going through as a character. First he was dying, Anti-Venom, Agent Venom, Space Venom. Clearly you don't want to go in all those directions too fast but there's a lot of interesting stuff to work with.

You'll never know, Marvel keeps forgetting they own the merch rights, you know the rights that actually matter to them even though all they care about are the movies. But judging by the trailer it just going to focus on the Spidey Mythos.

Alpha was retarded from the start.

Especially when they tried to have Mr Fantastic shill him by saying "OMG He's BEYOND an Omega Class Mutant, He is..... ALPHA CLASS!!"

...when Alpha class is already an established thing in the setting, its the step below Omega class, which actually stands for infinite potential.

should turn him into miles villain

Yeah sorry I was in no way saying he was a good character, just that Miles wasn't even pushed as a sidekick but seems to be filling the roll a lot better.

That would honestly be very interesting, which is why Bendis will never do it.

I almost typed that there's no way Miles could hang with someone so much more powerful than him, but then I remembered he would just hit him with one (1) venom blast.

Ow the Edge.

I want a 'What if Miles Morales killed the Marvel Universe' book that's only 3 pages long.

Is Miles being pushed as a sidekick really a bad thing? It's better than Bendis actively trying to replace Peter.

I remember them tweeting that alternate costumes are there and that there will be a custom suit creator.

I still feel like Anya would have been more popular if they had given her a better super hero name and costume.

Would it just be-
>Page 1: "Hmm, I think I'm going to kill everyone"
>Page 2: *Miles reaches down and touches the ground
>Page 3: *Miles is floating in an empty void* "At last my long struggle is over"

>custom suit creator.
That sounds like a neat little feature.

Still better than the generic costume, title and powerset they gave her later after stripping EVERYTHING original from her.

She is not Spider Girl, and now she has no reason to even exist.

Is it just me or does Osborn look like Trump here?

There's honestly too many spider-people running around at any given time.

Captain Universe
Armor spider
Noir
Anime version
Street clothes but with the mask

Why didn't they use the hair?

Injustice is a fighting game with online gameplay in mind
Spider-Man is...not

Lord of the Rings Shadow of More War or whatever says hi.

So was Shadow of War.

Haven't you heard about the controversy involving the new Lord of the Rings game?

Willem DaFoe, who I admit was great as the Goblin. Then again I like everyone in the first two Raimi movies except for Maguire as Peter and Dunst as MJ who pretty much screwed up the character, especially MJ's who went from a spunky, cheerful girlfriend/wife to the typical hollywood damsel in distress like Gwen Stacy was in the comic as much as Marvel tries to deny it.

It's just as stupid in Shadow of War, that's the point I want to make.

>Or at least something without that ugly ass white spider logo

You KNOW it's there for when Pete gets infected with Negative.