DC Comics To Publish Batman/Wonder Woman Comic By Liam Sharp

>DC Comics To Publish Batman/Wonder Woman Comic By Liam Sharp

bleedingcool.com/2017/10/30/dc-comics-publish-batmanwonder-woman-series-liam-sharp/

How is there no threads on this?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/wGHUf
dc.wikia.com/wiki/Batman/Superman_Vol_1_18
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because no one cares about DC and their shitty comics

t. brevoort

archive.is/wGHUf

And I just just lost all interest. What a waste of his talents.

who is the writer?

but this was pretty much inevitable since WW is now part of bateditorial

This was inevitable.
Maybe with the growing popularity of Wonder Woman, we will also get a Sensations Comics series.
But that's just wishfull thinking.

Fucking bullshit

It would have been nice if they had a Sensation Comics where they had this Grail bullshit. Maybe have Donna and Cassie be major characters there, too.

Then the main Wonder Woman book would be actually about just Wonder Woman and expanding her world.

Huh so in the last few years, we will have had

>Batman
>Superman
>Wonder Woman
>Batman/Superman
>Superman/Wonder Woman
>Batman/Wonder Woman
>Trinity

Nice to see it come full circle.

we also had Superman/Batman

WonderBats is an awful ship

That was over 10 years ago dude

They need to just make a Brave and the Bold book already instead of this crap.

Funny thing is a lot of these WW books is based on who has the character. When Eddie B had her it was Superman/Wonder Woman. Now since Bateditorial took possession it's Batman/Wonder Woman. GL/WW strangely never materialized during the Azz era. But I guess Orion showing up was the closest thing.

Another Batman book? I' m done with DC.

Meh. Like apart from stupid wonderbat shippers , who asked for this? Gimme Batman and Flash or Batman and Constantine.

Oddly enough considering the popularity of Azz Woman and how hard they had been pushing for reform for the character post-Infinite Crisis, DC wasn't really pushing Wondie very hard in the early days of the New 52.

Shipping her with Supes was the first time since JMS they were try to raise her popularity.

Let's pair up their villains:
>Circe/Ra's al Ghul
>Ares/Bane
>Doctor Poison/Scarecrow
>Doctor Psycho/Joker
>Giganta/Clayface
>Angle Man/Catwoman
>Cheetah/Mr. Freeze

Bat/Supes was in New52 too
Remember when Phantom King used shrunk Kryptonians as bullets to assassinate Supes' loved ones?

Make a better pairing book
Wonder Woman/Platic man

and damn that entire JMS thing was a disaster, and it wasn't helped by him bailing halfway through

They would have Batman taking on her powerful foes and make her look an ass. While she struggle with Clayface. This is a Batman book. To prop Batman. DC can do nothing else. Where the fuck is her cast? Oh they dead or fake or some bullshit like that.

Yay MOAR BATMAN!!!
That's what we need MOAR BATTY MOOOOOOAR

Donna's around, but is stuck in a confusing purgatory with Finches origin and modified stuff from Abnett's Titans.
I think the Silver Swan is coming back in a few months, but that might not be the "old friend" version.
Cassie got thoroughly fucked by New 52 Teen Titans is is currently mia

They basically had an idiot in charge of the Superman and Wonder Woman books back then. The JMS books were bad, but it was a cherry on top of a massive shit sundae that continued until DC moved shop to California.

Oh boy I can't wait for more WonderBat shit. What's the fucking point of the Trinity book again? I hope that gets cancelled and relaunched as Superman/Batman

Does anyone get dicked around as much as JMS? Editorial seems to fuck him over every time. Squadon Supreme was one of the few times he wasn't dicked over

Liam Sharp is.....not that good

they are run by two different departments pretty much. it's like the left hand not talking to the right hand.

FINALLY !!

it will be mythical mystery book

So Ray Fawkes then?

>Ares/Bane
>Not Ares/Maxie Zeus

What's Finch's origin for her?

If you wanted that you should pair her up with a realy fucking magician. Pair her wuth Constanine and watch her get so pissed off that she ends up putting her lasso around him and leading him around the rest of the books

Mythical mystery? You have justice league dark for that. Why the fuck do they have Batman encroaching on everything?

>Why the fuck do they have Batman encroaching on everything?

Batman sells.

Only to casuals

Money is money. And DC is still a business.

Clay creature powered by blood sacrifice made by the villain to kill Diana. I barely remember the details, but it was awful

Keep telling yourself that while your beloved company keeps sinking into the SJW swamp, Marvel-fag.

God damn, I love Liam Sharp.
His art in the 90's was "2edgy", but now his art has evolved.
And with Marvel recently showing off Death's Head 2 in Marvel UK stuff and him having more appearances and a Marvel Legends figure (which, I was surprised about, though some people being upset about it), it's just a good time to be a Liam Sharp/Death's Head II fan.

too bad bats is getting married
such bad timing

Sales are sales laddy. And you're fooling yourself if you don't think that there's dedicated Batreaders still going strong from the O'Neil Adams days.

because they need the world greatest detective

and because it BATMAN .. it's gonna be great

>Batman/Wonder Woman
No snu-snu

then we can cut out the shipping bullshit

isn't every batfamily got a wonder girl as a friend (except Damian who will befriend Hippolyta Milton in near future)

>cut out the shipping
oh user, that's not how the internet works.

But wonder is best girl, cat is only good for sex.

So something will happen in the Wonder Woman arc in Batman so that series will exist.
What's gonna happen?
Will the serie start with them hating each other.

Was that Testament book that he worked on any good?

Ugh. You know they're gonna tease BM/WW because most comic readers are DCAUfags

There was Sensation comics but it was a digital weekly.

>but this was pretty much inevitable since WW is now part of bateditorial

what?

Solicits say Silver Swan is Vanessa, no point in using her if she doesn't have a prior relationship with Diana

Don't forget that they melted down the Hippolyta statue to create the clay

WW is under the batman wing of editorial. I think Rucka pitched a fit over the Berenzenga thing.

Cucka moved Wonder Woman from Supes editorial to Batman editorial as part of one of his conditions for writing the comic IIRC

But...why?

Because Berenzenga the head of the Superman house is an alleged sexual predator.

What about Berganza? I honesrly thought he was dead.

Why was it in the Supes department anyways?

WW has always been editorial's bitch

>Remember when Phantom King used shrunk Kryptonians as bullets to assassinate Supes' loved ones?
He...what the fuck...?

Is this a series or one shot because of Metal? Not clicking bleedingcoolshit

Because of Berganza, Mark Doyle was his editor but now that he's gone so is Mark from WW.

There's no WW Editorial and the Bat editors don't really want her.

Best guesses for writers?

Because she only has one book instead of a whole family of books

Robinson

What various editorial departments does DC have? I have to assume it's not just Batman and Superman.

They shouldn't give her to the Super or Bat editorials then, make her own or just make a general editorial for non Super and Bat characters.

Tired of trinitt shipping and writers not makimg WW have a significant relationship with Superman or Batman without romance being involved.

Of course not. There’s a third one called “Non-Bats/Supes stuff”.

>Why was it in the Supes department anyways?

It has been that way for a long long time. Back when Phil Jimenez was on Wonder Woman.

Yeah, that happened.
dc.wikia.com/wiki/Batman/Superman_Vol_1_18
It's the arc where they are supposedly looking for Superman's Joker, someone who would cross the line without a second thought and shit.
Someone was using super fast bullets to assassinate people close of Clark, people like John Henry, Lex, Kara, and pic related. Turns out the bullets were too fast and strong for Clark because the bullets were actually tiny Kandorians
Shit was great purely because how dumb that whole arc was

It changes depending on what they have.

During new 52 they had a "dark" line and an "edge" line where Deathstroke, Swamp Thing, I Vampire, etc were.

Batbooks (formerly lead by Doyle)
Superbooks/Green Lantern (Eddie Berganza, Mike Cotton)
Justice League/Flash/Aquaman (and I think GA) (Brian Cunningham, Andy Khouri)

There is also a new one that does misc stuff like American Alien, Wildstorm and books like Deathstroke and Teen Titans. Also another division that does digital stuff like the WW Sensational Comics.

Honestly anything with Wonder Woman but Superman or Batman sounds good.

Plastic Man would be fun.

Now all we need is for Selina and Bruce to break up then Batman/Wonder Woman can happen!!! Woooo!

I don't mind some flirting, Bruce is a womanizer

Ongoing series

That won't happen unless you get King off Batman.

That run seems to unlucky. He gets a dream job of drawing Diana like his role model Perez, then gets stuck in editorial hell
>Begin with a four part Batman cross over
>Get to do a civil war story that involves Hippotya removing the monarchy to create peace amongst the amazons
>Our Worlds at War happens, killing her and blowing up huge chunks of Themyscira
>Repairs themyscira
>Walt Simonson turns half of the island to stone immediately after he takes over

Walt Simonson wrote Wonder Woman? Was it bad?

Kek. BatCat BTFO again. How will Selinafags and King ever recovered with their waifu being cuckqueen?

I wouldn't really say it was bad, but it wasn't really good. Diana gets amnesia and is depowered, so she karate-chops folks.
It's a 6 issue story arc

Sorry, I think both are shit

>>Walt Simonson turns half of the island to stone immediately after he takes over

Simonson was more a fill-in to give Rucka more lead-time. In fact Jimenez was originally suppose to be that way too (before Rucka pulled out). But the OWAW death of Hippolyta was absolutely linked with Berganza running the Superman books and OWAW.

That was a disappointment

Considering he's the Bat writer he'll get what he wants with Batman in the end and if he wants BatCat he'll get it.

If anything this will be Diana craving Batcock and both having sexual tension but Bruce making it clear he is with Selina and casting "begone thot" on her. It's what happened after the Return of Bruce Wayne. They made Diana realize she was in love with Bruce in Blackest Night and then had her help save him from Barbatos only to have Bruce run to look for Selina in the end.

Also who knows what Robinson wants to do with Diana since he's the Wonder Woman writer (he might even push Orion/WW if those Earth-2 rumors were true).

I dont know why you guys think.this would be a romance book.
It wont be but a team up with them is long over due since we have trinity, worlds finest and that god awful SMWW book.

Im interested in who the writer would be as well as the tone/direction theyll go with. They have a close friendship that got fucked over in the nu52 where Diana was a cunt to almost every man who wasnt Supes. Lets start rebuilding those bridges.

I'm cool with a team up book. Wonder woman teaming up ith Batman could make her more popular. I also doubt there will be romance. They are just going to be a new duo like Superman/batman were before. Ihope it works and WW becomes queen of DC so Harley can fuck off.

I think mostly because of the timing (JL reportedly has sparks flying between the two, with possible romance in JL2. See image related.) and movie synergy, and some blind hope. Honestly I see it more as 'wow, Wonder Woman did really well, I wonder what will happen if we put her with Batman in more books'.

I'm not sure BatCat is even going to happen at this point. we have books taking place in the future, and she hasn't been so much as mentioned. Guess we'll see in Doomsday Clock. Honestly I like WonderBats and BatCat (and BatJustice), so I win no matter what.

If it was movie synergy then wouldnt it come out in the next two weeks?

And outside SS there is no synergy atleast not the level marvel pushes it. So even if there is a hint of romance between BMWW in the DCEU there wont be any in the comics right off the heels of the batcat romance which honestly doesnt even have a big impact since its not mentioned anywhere but that book.

I doubt Harley would fuck off since harley is normies version of a' feminist' wet dream but mostly because of Ivy.

But WW is thw true queen no matter what. And im excited for anymore books for her.

Wonderbatfags are thirsty and they think everything is writers shipping their shitty pairing.

Remember how in Forever Evil they swore Geoff was pairing WW and Batman because they both knew a secret? Or when Bruce had a team up with her because he wanted to bring Damian back to life they were saying that DC was going to pair them up in that issue.

Honestly yeah they have a thing but I don't think much will come out of it, remember that Scarjo swore Widow and Hawkeye were going to be a thing, she wore an arrow necklace in Winter Soldier, and it never happened.

Also Snyder was the one who went for WonderBat but he's out and Whedon probably has another thing in mind.

I remember the forever evil thing and Johns saying he dropped it, whatever it was gonna be. Since before that he was planning on havibg SMWW break up around trinity war but cuz casual marketing didnt.

I dont remember the ther one. I mean i remember the issue but me, even as a wonderbatfag, was just glad they teamed up as partners after what was happening outside the book.

Most Wonderbatfags i talk to are just happy to have them on the same page again. Since its supposed to be a trinity they need towork together even without Clark.

well now all the wonderfamily is gonna abuse, fuck, snu snu , every member of the batfamily:
wonder woman - batman
tim - cassie
jason - artemis

Depends, sometimes it can take them a while to get synergy rolling, as there is no real rush. That said I don't disagree with you. Just noting there is some foundation for people wondering about it.

Time will tell I suppose. I grew up with the DCAU flirtation and non-starter, and the JLA flirtation and non-starter. BvS and apparently JL have already matched the flirtation/chemistry former, so I'm already content. I just want JL and the movies going forward to be good more than anything else.

There will always be a foundation for WonderBat. They have a closer relationship than SMWW. So why they pushed that is baffling even if i know cuz money is the real reason.

Like you im content with the rebuilt they started in the comics and am looking forward to them working together in the DCEU. JL cant come faster and i honestly believe at least Alfred would be teasing Bruce about Diana considering what he said in BvS with find a girl from metropolis to make you honest and right after bruce meets Diana's eyes and starts towards her before Clark intercepts.

im just wondering how SMWWfags are taking this since they are claiming flaahpoint ia gonna reset so the can do SMWW.

Boy I can't wait for Diana and her rogues to get shat on for the umpteenth time