Don't mind me, mi gente. I'm just the only Marvel comic currently worth reading

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/aATHN5nD-i8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If it's so worth reading then why not storytime it?

Is it because you know that's a LIE?

Yes. I, a fellow comic reader who has no idea what America is about or contains, suggests a storytime happen. I wish to see this groundbreaking new comic from the House of Ideas.

>tfw fucked a Columbian chick in college

Is it the same as a Puerto Rican?

First time Sup Forums poster here.
Is it true that this title is massive SJW propoganda?

Literally the Room of comic books by the creators own admission.

>not pressing enter twice
nice try

norman begone

You know what's great? I haven't seen a "Letter to the writer" section in any of the newer issues. It's as if something "problematic" happened in one of them...
What makes it even better is that it was there in every previous issue.

>AMERICA
>everyone who worked on it was mexican

pottery

These books tend to stop having a letters page once they start getting more than a few negative mails or a clever letter slips by.

DC's FATE printed letters for responses to the first four issues and mysteriously stopped after (the writer was replaced and the already not-great-but-different) book went to complete shit at #5).

Gabby hardly counts as Mexican, in fact her attitude comes off as painfully white.

but Mexico is in America.

Mi gente, hehe

Isn't the main writer an American citizen who can't speak a lick of spanish and has to rely on google translate for spanish?

Pretty sure Gabby lived in a largely white neighborhood or something

BUT NOT AMERICAN AMERICA.

Remember that user who said Gabby was going to give a lecture at his college, said he would record it, and we gave him funny questions to ask? Yeah, he fucked that up.

I don't believe he delivered

NO, WE HAD ENOUGH

There was one in the last issue.

He didn't deliver because he was terrified of being identified and couldn't follow simple instructions. Instead of asking the clever, incriminating subtle questions that we have him, he instead mumbled snide remarks under his breath like a fucking beta

What a douche. I would love to troll Gabby IRL

>THE ROOM
How the fuck did this get through?

That's not even remotely true.

Joe Quinones is from Massachusetts.

I can only think of the "This is gonna hurt normie" pepe image when I see that cover.

It sucks that she never directly responded to this despite flying off the handle over silly things on Twitter plenty of times.

Has anyone pointed it out to her?

There had to have been multiple people in the chain who knew, but either didn't care or thought it was funny.

She knows.
The comic book blogg-I MEAN JOURNALISTS made the rounds with this as Sup Forums MEANIES HARASS AND SHAME COMIC BOOK ARTIST and they trashed the letters page for every subsequent issue. Seriously, fuck the bloggers who cover comics, they're such sebsationalist, enabling fucks

Letters pages often go through two or three people at most. It seems like the editor took it at face value to mean they liked the quirky off best sense of humor rather than "you are a subject of ridicule."

Whose job is it to check the letters? I looked at the editors of the issue and got:

Sarah Brunstad - Associate editor
Wil Moss - Editor
Tom Brevoort - Executive editor

This but unironically. I get more enjoyment out of America because of how bad it is, than any other Marvel comic.

That'd be Sarah's job, partially Gabby's depending on how the book is handled, also Wil's sometimes. In this case it seems to be 100% Sarah.

Sarah would approve them, maybe Wil would be involved in that process, but probably not. Not sure whether Sarah would read them or have an intern do it.

Associate editors are essentially interns, user.

Having actually been a Marvel editorial intern, you're fucking retarded, stop talking about things you know nothing about.

This will always be funny, just like the superspank guy.

>We literally have Marvel interns defending the company on Sup Forums.
The memes are real!

I don't work there anymore, have no interest in doing so with the way the company has gone and I am not defending this dumpster fire of a book in any way. Just calling you out as the fucking casual retard that you are. I bet you think editors do proofreading too.

Nice damage control. Hopefully, they're pay you well.

The guy one ring above you isn't doing much more, champ.
Seriously, associate editors are basically paid internships while "interns" don't get the experience they need.

>I-I'm not a retarded casual LALALALA
Except they are because they're directly working with talent.

Interesting... have any cool stories, user?

Always thought gringos were so retarded for this, your country is called United States of America, America also happens to be the name of the entire continent but fags say America when they actually mean U.S.

i want to make a comic about a brazilian trap, and his power gets stronger the more he dance, his small dick glow in the dark, and can beam lazer nipples, from the nipples.
and he lives and london, and he is in pain, because london is cold, and he like to go naked :/

the main villian is some doctor, that sell medicine.

will marvel accept my idea?

>I bet you think editors do proofreading too.

"An editor supervises a range of functions in a publishing house and has many tasks that need to be accomplished before a book is ready to be launched. When people hear the word “editor” they usually imagine someone who spell checks and is a stickler for grammar. While this is true, a lot more goes into editing a manuscript. "
~
"They will go through a manuscript line by line and find grammar and spelling errors that compromise the quality of the material. The editor will also make sure that word choice contributes to the overall tone of the book."

>I bet you think Marvel editors actually do the work of editors!

You're not supposed to aim the cannon at the deck of your own ship.

I don't know Gabby. I mean, I use to look forward to your train wreck of a comic, but since that last issue, I just can't get excited about it anymore.

Your obnoxious, gimmicky writing use to make me want to see just what you could do to top the last idiotic thing you did. Now though, all I see is more of the same, I just don't feel anything from your comic anymore. You went from being a unique writer, who made an almost artistic piece of cancer, to just another Marvel writer, pumping out the same uninteresting sludge.

Holy shit are you using some random career website's definition of editor to try and describe the specific responsibilities of employees at a company? Marvel has proofreaders that proofread dumbass. Again, I actually worked at this company.

Be honest, when you hear America, you immediately think of the United States. Its not anyone's fault that everything south o the US boarder is boring and unimportant, its just the way things are. Don't let it get to you so much Huebro.

>Marvel has proofreaders
I highly doubt it

Every country in the world belong to America

>Marvel has proofreaders that proofread
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Dig it a little deeper.

The best part is mods stickied the thread.

Actually interacting with the writer/artist should be part of the internship, which is why I phrased it that way. "Associate editors" are just workhorses getting experience they'll need for actual editorial duties and would be considered a paid internship in any other field.

Es una mierda, y lo lo puedo afirmar sin duda alguna, Gabby es un fiasco, solo usa pendejadas sociales para cubrir su culo gordo, puta sin talento.

>Marvel
>welcomes feedback
HA, made my day

I think America's kinda hot. Tempted to draw some objectifying lewds with her.

Then why does America dress in the color and style of the US Flag?

I'm sawwy. I didn't know I needed a in-depth explanation of what an editor's job is. You were the one that explicitly said "editors don't proofread". Which isn't true. Line editors, copy editors - and yes, even proofreaders - are a form of editor all do this kind of work. Now, if you'd said "Marvel editors don't proofread", or even "Marvel considers proofreading distinct from editing", then we could agree. Instead, you decide to swallow your own foot and got salty over being corrected.

>proofreaders are editors
Nice fucking pivot asshole.

>Then why does America dress in the color and style of the US Flag?
Now that you mention it, in more than one occasion the patterns in her outfit seem to resemble the Puerto Rico flag instead of the US flag.

You:
>Marvel editors don't proofread
>Marvel has proofreaders
Therefor, Marvel proofreaders can't be editors

Me:
>editors can and do proofread
>proofreaders are a type of editor
Therefore, some editors proofread
Much pivoting, yes.

You're really bad at this whole 'thinking' thing, you know.

Este comic es pura mierda

but, waht about editors and poofreaders than dont read?

>waht about editors and poofreaders than dont read?
Welcome to Marvel!

No, again you are speaking from a position of complete ignorance pretending to be knowledgeable. Proofreader is an entirely separate position at the company as described here They work in the bullpen, not in editorial and most importantly they are not credited as editors in the books (or at all for that matter). They are not editors in the context of Marvel comics, which is what we have been talking about this entire time. Semantically are they a type of editor, yes, but when someone says "Marvel editors" they are talking about rhe people whose names go in the book, the people who shape the writing and art with the talent, the people with the fucking title of editor. But if course I'm sure you'll say something to the effect of "but I do, even though I didn't know that Marvel had specific proofreaders untl an hour ago!"

She's a monolingual Nuyorican. Bitch is whiter than I am, and my dad's British.

>Tempted to draw some objectifying lewds with her.

Make Hydra Cap fucking her and then she simply screams: "Hail Hydra!"

Because it's so bad it loops around to being good?

It used to be, but now it's just so much of the same that it's actually starting to just get boring. The last two issues were a snooze compared to what happened earlier.

>implying Mexicans aren't the most American

youtu.be/aATHN5nD-i8

Woah OP, are you going to take this like a bitch? Man you really should storytime it just to show this guy a lesson, just sayin

I dunno, the whole lesbian cosmogony made me laugh.

Not OP but i tried to storytime it before and some guy suddenly buried me with a seaguy storytime instead. Apparently some people take America storytimes like a personal insult or something.

There can be only one, OP. One Marvel comic to rule them all and in the darkness bind them.

And that, sir, is not it.

people are just bored of it. storytimes were like a daily thing for awhile

You don't read so well, do you? I already said what you're blustering on about right here:

>Now, if you'd said.... "Marvel considers proofreading distinct from editing", then we could agree.

Again:
>Editors don't proofread!
Yes they do.
>Not at Marvel! They have proofreaders!
So Marvel considers proofreaders different from editors, but not all organizations do.
>LOL YOU PIVOT
What?
>Marvel considers proofreading different from editing, you ass!
You mean like I said in my second post?

Congratulations on fighting those windmills. Maybe next you can graduate to scarecrows. They're full of straw, you know.

I have a friend who works for Dark Horse and I shit you not, they were taking comic pitches from twitter tards. One poor soul sold an elevator pitch as "It's Aladdin but everyone is gay/queer". So, yes, user. Yes your idea may work somewhere, someday.

I'm coming in late to this. However, let it be known that, whether or not editors work with proofreaders, editors are responsible for copy being correct. When proofreaders fail, editors are to blame.

Gabby cannot tell the difference.

Given how a bunch of the books such, it's obvious neither you nor whoever was your supervisor did their jobs.

>Having actually been a coffee errand boy, you're fucking retarded, stop talking about things you know nothing about.

So your argument is entirely semantical nonsense? Fuck kill yourself man.

I literally said Marvel had separate proofreaders from the start, that was quite literally my entire argument. So the fact that you even continued to argue shows that you are the one with miserable reading comprehension you fucking mongoloid.

That's like saying a chick from California is like a chick from Detroit.

Probably the Sup Forums thing and Gabby can't be arsed to write them anymore.

They only skipped one issue, the one immediately after the Sup Forums letter

For New Yorkers it's not a special thing. Once a year they have midnight screenings of it. They thought the writer was just young and hip.

Guys... guys... I know you both feel a little worked up right now, but ask yourselves

how would America handle this?

Violence.

Think we'd be able to get away with another letter?

"My favorite comiX to take a selfie with."

>dat thicc lips for the succ

She looks pretty white to me.

If it's as passive aggressive as that one it'll slip past the radar without them knowing immediately that their being mocked.

They honestly thought the letter meant ROOM, the Oscar Winning Brie"Captain Marvel" Larsen movie from a few years back. Not THE ROOM, the Oscar deserving absurdist treatsy on the excesses of Hollywood production and the underlying paedophilic corruption inherent in the industry.

>I bet you think editors do proofreading too.
Not at Marvel I don't.