Anyone up for getting into a W.I.T.C.H. cartoon this Halloween?

Seriously, this show is CRIMINALLY underrated.

Other urls found in this thread:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NoSuchThingAsBadPublicity
youtu.be/ldyraUyiU-A
youtube.com/watch?v=-EFGtIx7zcU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

W.I.T.C.H is just alright. The comics are pretty good though.

The cartoon is vastly superior: Also it's W.I.T.C.H. not W.I.T.C.H, and fuck you for the sage.

Thanks for taking the bait W.I.T.C.Hfag.

Is it just me or is this show getting shilled a lot recently?

Sure beats just bumping it. Oh, and fuck you for the sage, again.
>shilled
You keep using that word.

Dude. Stop posting about this.

You're way too intense and are turning the show into a meme.

I am!? If true, that's awesome! People will actually be curious and watch it, instead of almost nobody knowing about its existence.

Its one autist.

No one cares about your mediocre show, lel.

Fucking stop saging my thread.
>mediocre
It's the best cartoon ever made.

>my retarded fanaticism will surely make people interested and willing to watch my incredibly mediocre show, rather than irreversibly turn them off completely due to death by association

Do you understand basic social skills?

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NoSuchThingAsBadPublicity
You dumbass. And stop calling it mediocre, fuck.

You're right it's a dumpster fire.

Oban Star Racers was the superior Jetix anime-looking show.

>implying that there really is no such thing as bad publicity

Try telling yourself that when a medicine commercial starts playing during your 57th rewatch of W..I..T..C..H and rattles off the side effects for a good 75% of the runtime, you fucking primate

Definitely had superior waifus at least

Those character designs look horrific.

Whatever you say

Thanks for reinforcing my point, dumbass. Or do you think those companies just waste ad money for no reason?

the comics were great

meh,that show was too short and had a lot of wasted potential,it was nice but firsts eason is better than second season and the ending

>anime-looking
It is actual anime, idiot.
It has only one season...

>haha you proved me right, let me state this with absolutely no followup

Great rebuttal buddy, keep up the good work by alienating any potential viewers of your mediocre show with your incessant, pathetic and borderline autistic rambling about its supposed absolute perfection due to muh good publicity

>waiting on magi's doujin

ffffffuck it's been how many years?

>It is actual anime, idiot.

Can't be, since it was made by French.

The virgin W.I.T.C.Hfag
>nobody except him remember is show
>the girls are fucking ugly
>he start to become annoying in Sup Forums
>his show only lasts two seasons
>his easy to bait

The Chad Winx Clubfan
>many remember and follow this show.
>the girls are cute as fuck
>he does not force his show to the anons
>his show has 7 seasons and a 8 season coming soon, movies and a spin off.
>kindly bumps the thread of the witchfag so he does not die so fast.

Ever heard of something called “I respect your opinion”?

Sounds like something faggots do

Its at least nicer than telling someone to fuck off.

WITCH really needed a more diverse color scheme, look how characters can pop with a good splash of color. it doesn't. Winx was on a free network for most of its run so that helped it's cause a great deal, not many people had the toon Disney channel/Disney XD

Nice try, faggot. Unfortunately for you I don't stoop to the level of namefagging, unlike you.

You might as well, considering how easy it is to tell that it's only you every single time.

Well, if I ever did, I certainly wouldn't MISSPELL the title of the best cartoon ever made!
>the girls are fucking ugly
Not saying I disagree with the rest of your post, but... YOU TAKE THAT BACK, BITCH. Pic related!

>WITCH really needed a more diverse color scheme, look how characters can pop with a good splash of color. it doesn't.
Oh I'm sorry, were you saying something user?

The first 6 or sobissues of the comics were fucking great, worldbuilding and tension out the ass.
Then the publisher fucked over the author, got new writers and lowered the target age by about 5 years and demolished about 90% of what made it worthwhile. (but made a ton of money)
RIP

Alessandro Barbucci & Barbara Canepa: "We conceived of "W.I.T.C.H." together with Elisabetta Gnone, the then director of girls publications for Disney. We worked for three years in secret on it and she then presented the project to the big bosses at Disney. They thought that this project was crazy, a sure-fire bomb, complete waste of time, and that mangas wouldn't have a chance in Europe anyway (!!!). However, we didn't let ourselves be led astray and worked for another year on it anyway, with a tiny budget and without publicity. And then the series became a worldwide hit. The official version from Disney is, of course, that "W.I.T.C.H." is a product of their brilliant, visionary marketing strategy...the end of the series was then taken out of our hands, we actually had something a lot more intelligent planned for it. Now, as you can see, Elisabetta Gnone and the two of us no longer work for Disney...a really sad story."

But that's why the cartoon is so much better!!!
Did you read The cartoon took those changes and INTEGRATED them properly! Making a cohesive story without random, idiotic changes.

No

Yes!

Anyone got a good quality mega/torrent/stream?

The show is no where close to the comic. I hate how Disney ruined one of their best properties to make it. I hope that there will be a fateful remake that follows the comic's storyline.

we want it back

There is ONLY one version, ignore all others.
Get the "multilingual DVDRip" torrents.

Keep posting W.I.T.C.H and I will keep posting best W.I.T.C.H op. youtu.be/ldyraUyiU-A

I cannot describe how much I HATE the US OP. The song itself is decent as a standalone, that's it. The graphics are HORRENDOUS!!! They make people think it's some cheap trash.

THIS is the best version (and sadly unknown): youtube.com/watch?v=-EFGtIx7zcU

Thanks, user. Now I don't have to suffer through kisscartoon.

This

NO! The show is VASTLY superior to the comics!
Fucking shit, the "teen" girls look like children in the comics! Let alone the writing failures.

Seriously though, how could they just leave off on this cliffhanger? HOW!?
This amazing series should've had a 3rd season!

I thought you were just baiting for the past month but jesus you're actually this fucked in the head.

You might wanna go to /mlp/. You have way more in common with them than us. Or maybe track down barneyfag and have lunch.

>Winx was plagiarizing, unimaginative garbage with awful design and animation, cardboard characters who were defined by having a single interest which was also their name, cardboard villains, and boring, retarded plots that were literally cobbled together from plagiarized stories and cliches. They took the shittiest, laziest magical girl template and somehow managed to execute it in the worst way possible, all to exploit little girls for their parents' hard earned money with shitty merchandise.

>WITCH was quality Western take on the magical girl genre that adopted some basic ideas and developed them in positive ways. In doing so it surpassed the vast majority of the interchangeable cookie-cutter bullshit from Japan. It had character development, it had ongoing plotlines, it had actual changing dynamics within the group, secondary characters were actual characters, villains had motivations, plots that made sense and spanned multiple episodes, and they were threatening, the antagonism between the girls and the villains was developed in them acting to frustrate the villain in an organized manner. And the romance and drama weren't too dumb or too boring. So yes, it was unironically good as far as little girls' cartoons go.

No problem. I'm always pleased to help anyone curious about the show. It really, desperately needs more attention!

And not just for its own merits, as it's sadly obvious the chances for a new season are near-zero, if only because the main animation studio hasn't existed for nearly a decade... but also because it's exactly the type of "feminism" we NEED in media, where girls have ACTUAL, non-stereotypical personalities, yet are still very clearly distinct way from guys in terms of how the characters are written.

Even many cartoons of that era, when the whole SJW thing didn't exist yet, often did feminism wrong, by making the girls too stereotypical and/or the guys too stupid.

>kisscartoon
Yeah that's a good website alright

How is the pic related? Or even Sup Forums for that matter?

Keep telling yourself that, faggot. They're the same mediocre uninspired trash.

W.I.T.C.H., uninspired!? What's wrong with you?
And I told you, STOP SAGING!

BTW, just a reminder. This is the REAL reason it's the best cartoon ever made!

Sup Forums infiltration, not that I care, they're gonna hang cornelia for being a coalburner and her dad for being a cuck (that happened in the comic...)

>this retard is still going at it with his mediocre piece of shit cartoon
lmao

What part of "the best cartoon ever made" do you fail to comprehend? And I'm not a retard, you are!

>not a retard
Prove it.

The fact that, unlike you, I have actually provided logical support for my position, for instance in and

Please get a name so I can block your threads

Namefagging is frowned upon around these parts.
Also forgot the most important one

None of those are logical

Explain why, then. Or STFU

Your choice.

Look, fag, I'd love it if this comic got a remake that wasn't wholly accurate and actually incorporated the changes the original authors would have wanted to make. The show is nowhere near that.

Fuck it, if you want me too I'll go panel by panel and show you exactly why the comic's opening issue is so much superior to the show's.

>I hate how Disney ruined one of their best properties to make it.

I know, it easily could have been their best.

>You might wanna go to /mlp/.
Actually, seriously this might be good advice for him. They'd likely be way more receptive than we are and the show's subject matter is right up their alley.

>STFU
You can't tell me what to do.

The spelling of a name and claiming you're willing to help doesn't support a position of your series being good.
Opinions do not equal facts.

>Fuck it, if you want me too I'll go panel by panel and show you exactly why the comic's opening issue is so much superior to the show's.
Do it. Not even trolling, I want to read this. Keeping in mind, though, that I'm looking for something that's obviously worse, not just "not muh" type nitpicks - which are what I see here right now.

However, I want to point out: the show didn't incorporate the original authors' vision, yes. But it did the next best thing: it incorporated the CHANGED vision from the start. So from a comics perspective it was like the first 6 issues were written differently, but the later ones stayed the same.

You dumbass, I'm talking about the evidence.
In I linked to which is a massive post demonstrating the show's superiority to the comics (first season only tho).
In I quoted an explanation for why the show is infinitely superior to that Winx trash.
And in I explained the most important aspect of all in terms of W.I.T.C.H.: why it's not just an incredible series but one that OUGHT to have been a trendsetter (but wasn't, and the reason for that was comicfags like the one I'm responding to in this very post).

>Do it.

Ok, and this is the perfect day for it too.

I don't actually think much of these first couple of pages, the cliche counsel deciding to pick *gasp* ordinary human chosen ones is something that has to happen, so this'll get it over with.

I do however not care about show show's commitment to being more consistently like the later parts of the comic, it's the earlier chapters that contain the best material and it's IMO by throwing away this influence that the cartoon weakens itself so much.

Story time please?

Now things are getting cracking.

Our introduction to the MC is spectacular, breaking out of her shell to be lost, alone in a story dreamscape. All the while, repeated, is her name, implicitly doubling as her 'element'.

>I do however not care about show show's commitment to being more consistently like the later parts of the comic, it's the earlier chapters that contain the best material and it's IMO by throwing away this influence that the cartoon weakens itself so much.
But do you get my (and the other user's) point?
The most important part of a story is NOT how "deep" or "meaningful" it is, but whether it stays consistent with itself! IOW there were two options, analogous for the comics and cartoon: change the first 6 issues to be like the later ones, or vice versa (which you prefer).
However, the cartoon was made AFTER the original writers already left. Option 2 didn't exist!

I'm still very curious to read these, of course, but I feel like you're ignoring the elephant in the room here.

(Also are you going to compare it to the cartoon directly? Because otherwise it might be difficult to tell what exactly you like about it more...)

>The most important part of a story is NOT how "deep" or "meaningful" it is, but whether it stays consistent with itself!

Ok, that's the most autistic thing I've heard from you so far. I don't really have much to say seeing how different your values are from mine.

>Also are you going to compare it to the cartoon directly?

I could, but the cartoon is so different that it's better to go through whole scenes first.

Anyway. Here we are immediately thrown into Will's life, seeing her interact with her mother (who clearly cares for her deeply, despite being slightly distant in mindset) as it is quickly and implicitly revealed that she is moving to a new town and transferring schools in just a few short lines. Note how the weather elegantly transitions from the previous panel.

The only thing worse than WITCH-fags coming into Winx Club threads are Winx Fags doing the same. At least Winx fags can honestly say, "They started it".

I'm not telling you not to shit on WITCH threads. Just wait for a WTICH-fag to shit on Winx Club first. It'll happen, don't worry. WITCH-fags can't get over the fact that the world chose Winx Club. There's no need to rub it in their faces, they will do that for you.

>I don't really have much to say seeing how different your values are from mine.
That's not a values question. Whether a story is consistent with itself is an objective fact, and if it is not consistent that's objectively bad writing.

Now OTOH something like the characters being more developed in the comics (which is presumably your view in this case) is subjective.

And an objective flaw is obviously far worse than a subjective one, if only because it's there for absolutely everyone to see.

Congratulations you wonderful autist, decades of 20th century storytelling flew right over your head. Consistency has stopped being an universal value literally half a century ago.

More like 21st century storytelling, user. Fucking shit, the very example I'm arguing about is from the early years of it, and the writers clearly took great care because they knew how important it is.

But you're right, stories do generally suck now. Like just about everything else. That's the result of the postmodernism you support.

I still cannot believe someone actually argued this

You ARE the problem with Sup Forums. The lot of you.

Are you planning to continue with these, user?
I can't keep bumping this indefinitely.

Ok, I got sidetracked. I'll probably continue it tomorrow, but I'll see what I can do for now. I spent some time watching through the cartoon's pilot to see exactly what seems so comparatively off about it.

A good example of what I specifically dislike is what the show does to Cornelia. Teh way she's introduced in the comic, you can see she's a driven person who thinks highly of herself and and takes pride in her achievements and appearance, but it doesn't follow on from that that she's particularly arrogant. Show, Cornelia, on the other hand, immediately interjects and turns the conversation on herself at the dinner table instead of giving Will a chance, playing into a far more stereotypical and shallow characterization. This seems to be the case for the bulk of the cast, who seems to be reduced to stereotypes spouting off at each other.

The show, instead of opening with character introductions, instead starts with an action focused tangent. I'm mentioned it before, but form the get go there's something blatantly unappealing to me about the cartoonish portrayal of villainy (which the comics admittedly also are partly at fault for), and the unwillingness to portray death or permanent negative consequences. I am not engaged by the action, which is on par with any other random Saturday morning children's cartoon. The scene which introduced Will in the rain also seems to lack something compared to the equivalent scene, her mother seems to be somehow less charming and competent in spite of her similarly misreading her daughter's needs, Will's circumstance feels less special.

So from these few short pages a certain level of clarity has been established, Will is the main focus for now, you've been given reason to care about her and how she is getting on with her life and (presumably single) mother, and the others will be shortly introduced.

On thing to note here is how the scenery is portrayed, we see various part of town/school 'shot' from different angles in different circumstances, given a sense of the physical reality of the space the characters inhabit.

But here we start to see a more significant split from what the cartoon ended up doing, Teranee is also a new girl, someone who only introduced herself the day before and who is only beginning to take part in the established circle of friends that is being built up here. This is interesting, because the next few pages bear close following in order to see what they say about the various characters and how they know and see each other. The Will-Teranee relationship begins here, as we can see them immediately bond over their shared status as new girls before going on their way.

Now, rather than keeping on tracking Will, we now follow Teranee into the classroom, where she sits behind the other girls. The next page will establish that Hay Lin is already on friendly terms with her, but here we see her abruptly ask a question in the last panel. The rest of the page allows us to see the cruel, but playful, teacher threatening our girls with a test, compelling a discussion about magic.

Note how freely the comic throws around transitioning between focusing on any given set of characters, assuming the reader will pay attention to pick up of the context of the interaction and infer various things about what might have lead up to it. We see that Hay Lin and Irma are well established, and yet that that Hay Lin is willing to annoy her buddy to better acquaint Teranee with her.

Note the small details, the hearts engraved into the desk and what the characters a doodling. These things are handled consistently and seem to convey meaningful information about the character. The use of background details to tell you about the characters' personalities is employed cleverly on many occasions, and its up to the reader how much attention they pay and what they gain from this.

We also, more importantly for now, get and inkling of what the characters know about their powers. Clearly, they suspect they have something, but what is demonstrated for now is subtle, and used as much as an excuse to show everyone interact naturally in a classroom setting as it is to show the level to which the characters are becoming aware of their abilities.

Note that the characters have not yet been introduced as a 'group' yet. We see each of them get to interact with other characters in turn, and understand how they relate to each other as individuals if we pay attention to everything going on.

This whole dynamic is absent in the cartoon's equivalent scenes, everyone except Will is assumed to be part of a group, into which Will enters as she is invited. The interactions don't seem to reveal the same level of insight into the character's relationships.

Here we begin the introduction to Cornelia I mentioned earlier. We see that she is in part proud and arrogant in her own way, but never outright obnoxious if she knows she wont be well received.

Here, in one panel, we are introduced to her relationships to the established 'core' girls Hay Lin and Irma, have her become aware of Teranee and Hay Lin's regard for her as a friend, and show that she is vaguely acquainted with Will while also introducing Elyon. This rapid fire approach to establishing individual relationships lends this section a certain charm, but also demands of the reader that they don't ignore the details and what they are implying.

Sorry.

Okay, I'm going through these again. And first comments of "substance", so to speak... in the show Will doesn't have access to her element for a long time, and even when she gets it she doesn't know what it's called for quite a while. Here, it's the council that's doing the narration... so why isn't Will's element named? (Obviously for drama, but there's no justification for it in-universe.)

There's also something else... in the background we see characters grumbling (?) about the guardians being human - but later we find out the previous guardians were human too! This point makes it seem like the later story wasn't planned out yet.

I do find the contrast between this opening and the cartoon opening with the rebellion quite interesting. Each has its own merits, and while this one certainly suited the tone of the comic a direct cartoon adaptation of these scenes would probably have lowered viewership due to lacking action. (Which is not to say the cartoon never took that too far, as the truly awful US intro sadly demonstrates. Good thing most countries got the original one.)

Also the focus is clearly different, as here we get to see the central world from the very start (quite literally), while in the cartoon we don't see it at all in the first season! This allows the show to stay focused on a single "other" world for an entire season, and again both approaches have their own merits: the comics version seems more planned out ahead of time, but the cartoon version allows for more intrigue and speculation on the part of the fans.