Why does America have such low standards for food...

Why does America have such low standards for food? In America produce that isn't covered in toxic pesticides and genetically modified to have a nearly infinite shelf life (while robbing it of it's nutrition) is considered a "premium product". Your average American cannot afford to eat food that isn't covered in poison. In America "food" that isn't mostly filler and preservatives is considered a premium product. In America it is actually ILLEGAL to "expose" the disgusting and illegal practices that companies like Tyson and Oscar Myer utilize to produce cheap meats ( en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ag-gag ). And thanks to US farmer subsidies you are literally paying to have your supermarket flooded with an inferior and frankly poisonous product, making it nearly impossible for companies with a legitimate product to compete on a scale any larger than "neighborhood farm market".

Is there a reason you buy anything other than local, in season food?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Food_irradiation
sustainableamerica.org/blog/believe-it-or-not-it-may-be-illegal-to-grow-your-own-food/
monsanto.com/newsviews/pages/why-does-monsanto-sue-farmers-who-save-seeds.aspx
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2313276/Man-keeps-McDonalds-burger-14-years-looks-exactly-the-day-flipped-Utah.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>falling for the nutrition meme

I thought burgers were better than this

jews, also if you go to the rich parts the standards are better, most wealthy people dont shop at food stores with most of this corn based crap. its all jew related, they are poisoning us with all the addatives and getting wealthy the jewsish way

>not enjoying the sweet taste of freedom

Because your living standards aren't as good as Europeans have
In exchange you have more freedom than we do

a large percentage of produce in America is purposely irradiated ( en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Food_irradiation ) but experts agree it is completely safe

theirs a book written in the 20s, called the science of man by the rockofeller foundation where he outlines the genetic engeneering of man for the future. rockofeller started all these charitable medical orginisations with the purpose of making eugenics a thing here in this country withought calling it that. the food addatives change the dna and genetic codes in humans in addition the mass media changes the thought process bassicaly making man incapable of thinking on his own and putting up any fight thus flouride in all the drinks, sugar msg bpa it goes on a on. its a way to dumb us down perpetually magnesium defficent and incapable of protecting are fatty brain from the onslought of daily life

remember americans in the 50s and 60s were free and wealthy, we could make desisions that could wreak havoc on the owners. so it was put in place to make us incapable of enjoying our freedom. right know we have no where near the wealth and health

You're not supposed to cook burgers on a non stick. The fat in the meat is used to keep from sticking, and the high heat required for a good sear will destroy the non stick coating and release toxic fumes.

What's wrong with hyperoats?

Because Americans are dumb. All major American achievements have been by Jews, Asian or Nazis who fled their own countries because Americans started wars there.

>nutrition meme

THIS

simply eat what tastes good but remember anything in excess can be bad for you.

sustainableamerica.org/blog/believe-it-or-not-it-may-be-illegal-to-grow-your-own-food/

more and more neighborhoods and cities are taking away our "freedom" to provide food for ourselves and our families.

>purposely irradiated
That would be implying the food they ionize is radioactive.. Which it isn't.
>inb4 lol u jewslave poison eating fuck
I eat fresh foods whenever I can, son.

>pesticides, lead and radiation are good for you at any dose

>Australia banned irradiated cat food after a national scare where cats suffered from paralyzation after eating a specific brand of highly irradiated catfood for an extended period of time.

the FDA says it's safe though so nothing to worry about, right?

all the local farms have gone out of business with the exception of corn and milk farms, and they're all corporate.

They also do the gmo thing which helped them in seizing neighborhood farms, so they could just pull out and leave acres of unusable land.

Why'd you use a picture of a Full English for this post?

>all the local farms have gone out of business with the exception of corn and milk farms
not in the midwest but they won't last much longer. they can't get their products on the shelves of large corporate groceries who, at least in my county, have bought out or run out nearly every single "mom and pop" type store. one big reason being even though their product is organic, GMO free, free range, etc. they can't afford to get their product labeled as such.

Well we didn't go that far, we can grow our own food as long as it's not a whole farm, then we need to tell government

a good portion of the east coast and south has access to fresh meat and underground water that is why you get a fighting instinct in these parts and crazy crackers in the hills

As an American living in France, I can tell you that the quality of the food ingredients here is much better.

Why? Because it is culture, and people DEMAND it. Reminds me of being in China and Japan. China will literally eat shit, and Japan has amazing food.

>putting spider egg sacs on your burgers
sickening insect gains

Who cares> No one makes it out of here alive. If you don't like it, leave.

Oh it gets way worse. Large seed producing companies will actually sue farmers who save seeds ( monsanto.com/newsviews/pages/why-does-monsanto-sue-farmers-who-save-seeds.aspx ). this is a common practice by EVERY seed company in America. Don't want to play ball? Tough shit. It's almost impossible to get seeds anywhere else and still be competitive in the marketplace.

also as much as the food is poisone, you know how free we are here, we can choose to make our own food most of the people who suffer from the food are uneducatted poor people. rich people eat like kings. the u.s.a is the greatest place ever if you have money

i go to culinary school, things are changing.
you can mock the 'farm to table' movement all you want (I do), but they really are making significant headway.
whether your neighbors potatoes have 'terroir' or not is up in the air, but buying his potatoes regardless is catching on.
with this comes higher standards of cooking in the home and in restaurants, once the product feels special throwing it in the microwave and pouring margarine and bacon bits on it feels wrong.
the days of monocultures are over, if not factory farming itself.
people want heirloom tomatoes. it used to be all about the perfect beefsteak and little red grape but now you see people looking for color and atypical shapes.
fucking brown and yellow cherry tomatoes were a huge hit this summer.

the only thing i could see throwing a wrench in all this is a major economic crisis, but honestly I think that might even help. people are already into growing their own food, if all the sudden they have to the quality is only going to go up.

this is exactly what happened to italian cuisine after the fall of rome btw

just because something "tastes good" doesn't mean its good for you.

I could feed you great tasting food laced with small amounts of poison that would leave you dead within a month, all the while you're savoring every bite.

there is no "nutrition meme", and OPs right, the quality of cheap food is abysmal and we accept far too many pesticides and hormone-injected meat products. Most regulatory agencies are either controlled by billion dollar corporations or by government.

Our 20th and 21st century food standards are going to be the same as when the world discovered how terrible smoking is for your health. We're going to collectively realize we have been poisoning ourselves the entire time or otherwise changing our body and brain chemistry by the terrible foods we ingest and that we were promised were completely safe.

irradiated =/= radioactive

The real question here is, why are euros so triggers by food?

Farm to table is a great concept but you're delusional if you think that it's "catching on" with anything more than a fraction of a percent of the American population. Most of use can't even afford to eat out on anything other than special occasions. Most people aren't going to justify paying 4X as much for their produce when cheaper, subsidized food (that doesn't spoil or bruise) fills you up just as much. As much as it sucks, Wal-Mart and Kroger aren't going anywhere, and guess what, our economy is based on supply and demand. Who has the most pull on the demand side? It is -not- the consumer, not even a little bit, but 100% the reseller. L.A. and N.Y. City are doing great things for fine cuisine (some of the best in the world) but people in Ohio just want to make sure their kids don't go to bed hungry.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
My SUPER EXCELLENT fellow AMERICANs, if Hillary Clinton is elected president of the USA here’s the timeline of events that will follow:
1. Inauguration.
2. Media ejaculates in its own mouth.
3. Massive purge of coco butter residue from white house, aka “Operation COCO BUTTER ABATEMENT”.
4. FBI Indicts her & her crew.
5. TIM KAINE becomes president of the USA.
6. Media ejaculates in its own mouth again.
7. George Soros wraps his own son tightly with 3M Super 33 electrical tape. George then slathers olive oil all over his son who is now tightly wrapped into the shape of a cock. George then inserts his own tightly wrapped, heavily lubricated son into his own ass. George then ejaculates into his own mouth.
8. Beyonce' wraps Jay-Z very tightly in 3M SUPER 33 electrical tape. She wraps him so tight he takes the shape of a giant black penis with a monkey face. She then slathers him with copious quantities of XtraVirginOliveOil. Now Jay-Z's entire body is a slippery black-tape-wrapped penis shape. Beyonce' then inserts Jay-Z, in his entirety, into her fat, half black ass hole. Beyonce' then ejaculates into her own mouth.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

pesticides are good for you because they prevent insects from landing on you.

lead is good for you because it builds up your immunity to bullets.

radiation is good for you because it acts like chemotherapy and helps prevent cancer.

God, you American'ts are all so stupid.

oh my god

>As an American living in France
Which nasty demon told you to do it? Wherever I was abroad I felt stupidly better, don't you feel terrible here?

if you want a hard fucking redpill about how fucked up processed food is, go and eat nothing but fresh, raw fruit and vegetables (as in how you'd find it if you'd just picked the fruit from the tree) for 3 days and see how easily your gut processes your food.

you will shit like a fucking god, wiping hardly necessary.

no this is not a pro-vegan shitpost, just a post about shit and how to make shitting great again.

>Why does America have such low standards for food?
same reason it has low standards for education, health care, environment protection, wages, measures for their leaders...

>it's a rich tapestry

i'm not talking about farm to table in fine dining, I could care less.
I'm talking about CSAs and farmers markets. average people all over have taken advantage of them and even if only a tenth of your caloric intake comes from a local farmer, the respect cooking with these ingredients demands carries over to the food you buy at the supermarket. And once you realize its cheaper to buy fresh if you know what to do with it, you will.

of course this is new england, idgaflyingfuck about ohio

TRIGGERED

Good thing I survive off canned tuna, cigarettes and energy drinks..

is that a milksteak?

>not posting the unedited one

ha ha so funny, low standards for food in America, right. Meanwhile every super market I've been to has local produce in fruits and veggies section. Try harder next time faggot.

>of course this is new england, idgaflyingfuck about ohio
Like I implied, you live in a snowglobe. the east coast is hardly representative of the rest of America. I live in the midwest so no matter what happens there will -always- be an Amish farmers market to buy my meat and produce from. But even still my local Meijers (midwest walmart) has parking stalls for horses, because even the Amish can't ignore the allure of cheap goods. They're not going anywhere dude, and it's only getting worse.

in general americans are the low standard

kick the United States out of America

We have the same high quality food as france or anywhere else, anyone who cant find it is either too lazy, or they just dont care at all.

subtle

jack would be proud

freedom?

when voting for Trump or Clinton is your choices, and both parties have actively suppressed the choices of the common man to lead both parties in the last few elections

LOL

you fucking retard, they arent free, they are mind controlled

but yes, continue to say these fake words to them, its part of their software programming that if you say anything to the contrary they have a temper tantrum and start talking about their army

This. These people are retarded.

we've always been twenty years ahead, you'll ketchup eventually

Good ingredients are cheap as fuck in France.

Stugf that in the UK is labelled as organic and commands a premium is less than a quarter of the price and readily available at local markets in France.

Theyre cheap here too, all you gotta do is look.

How? We don't have a choice. Have you not been paying attention? Do you really think you're immune from this disease?

You guys probably have the climate I guess...

One of the biggest issues with modern crips is nutrient depletion from intense crop rotation. No farmer lets his soil recover any more, as a result there are less nutrients for plants to feed on.

sure you have but if you have not so much money you will end up with "food" that will kill you.
if we here buy the lowest food we can be sure it is real food with top quality and not some dangerous shit

Yeah no wonder we see compilation of burgers shitting in their pants in wall mart

here in europe you would get kicked out of the supermarket if you came with shit on ur pants

It's bullshit, coconut juice in hispanic stores with higher quality ingredients costs $1-2 while at any other grocery store costs $4-5

Stuff is way too overpriced here because people here are convinced that simple food = gimmick that should cost more.

You have lower standards than bacteria and fungi.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2313276/Man-keeps-McDonalds-burger-14-years-looks-exactly-the-day-flipped-Utah.html
>Fancy a bite? McDonald's burger bought in Utah in 1999 looks exactly the same as the day it was first flipped (even after it spent two years in a COAT POCKET)

> where you eat to survive i eat when im high

nigga if you think we don't have walmarts and big box stores here you're straight retarded
the point is things are getting BETTER
as other people have said here, you can find fresh local produce in these big supermarkets now, like you previously couldn't
farmers markets are BLOWING UP too, we've always had them but they keep getting bigger and bigger.
all of this comes from education, as well as pintrest and bored housewives with nothing better to do.

we were once in your position, but we are breaking free. I think some day you will too.
its funny i've never seen ohio as a culinary centric state but I have met quite a few people in fine dining who grew up in ohio.
wasn't that nigga from grace one of you boys?
they can teach you. i have faith

Again, price really isnt the problem, its lazy people. People are more willing to go through a mcdonalds than take the time to make something themselves. Im in california, im surrounded by high quality produce. Meat on the other hand, is another story. Used to be you'd go to an actual butcher to get good meats, but where i live they've just about all disappeared so you have to go to a Vons and get shitty meat. The reason for that is that beaners prefer thin sliced everything because theyre used to not having enough to go around in mexico and now all meat is paper thin. I cant remember the last time i saw an inch or more thick steak in a supermarket.

And nothing but beaners live in california

your sweat must smell like shit pham

Ah yes the angry murrica hating Swede. Is Obama leaf and the Fin still to come?

I like hot dogs.

To kill germs that are dangerous.
You are technically being irradiated at this very moment, by multiple sources.
Fucking science illiterate hippie idiots..

that makes us smart

This is why I only eat wild fish. It probably still has toxins but it seems the lesser evil.

wait i just realized somthing can we be nice to each other, we all have differences that make us different and better at somthings and worse at others also are increadible disdain for niggers. we all fucking hate niggers fuck them

>Is there a reason you buy anything other than local, in season food?
Imports of non-local food.
For example no kiwis are produced in Belgium.

This is correct. Out in rural America, farmers markets are easy to find, they are cheap, and the food is real. Even in the suburbs, you shouldn't be too far from a farmers market.

more important, how is it that japanese people dont die of led or mercury poisoning from all the fish that they eat

>Because your living standards aren't as good as Europeans have

Based of what exactly, your feelings?

this, ive been to yankland many a time to visit family, the walmart target stuff is africa-tier but the farmers markets, wholefoods places sell some top quality foods.

what is happening to that burger at 13-17?
rolled in cilantro?
what is that sauce?

he's going to show some statistics that show the american average as opposed to what you or I think of as the typical american since I assume we don't count the trash ones

The food in america is fucking cheap.

Restoraunts should halve the portions they serve and keep the price as it is.

>source
been to NY

>Radiation isn't good for you at any dose
>constant radiation exposure experienced by all life in the history of the planet and probably universe since the beginning of time

probably fair to say it was even essential to the genesis of life

Literally the ultimate shitpost