I still can't believe this lost to Codename: Kids Next Door

I still can't believe this lost to Codename: Kids Next Door.
youtube.com/watch?v=0k6Xwg_lhuQ

Not too surprising. I mean, this was during, what, 2001? Kids were pretty much the vast majority of people watching cartoons back then, unlike the growing demographic there is for it now. How many kids would prefer to watch some show about 20+ something animal people living in a city over all the wacky and surprisingly interesting characters and lore KND would have?

Yeah, I'm not too surprised. Though this would have been cool to win too. Seems like it would skew to a slightly older audience than KND though

Holy shit dude, seek a professional. You have been posting about this for months and have clearly been obsessed with this for years, this isn't healthy behavior.

>Furry cartoon
No wonder it didn't win. Kids back then had good taste.

Yeah it's really fucked up that OP would post about a cartoon on a cartoon board. Maybe you should leave.

That's not unhealthy user, the guy just has good taste.

It’s basically kids’ anthro Mission Hill.
I would have loved for it to exist as a cool little time capsule but considering how MH ended up it’s not really shocking that no other shows really continued in that vein.

Yeah, you guys are right that it didn't really appeal to the majority of young kids at the time. I was 11 when I saw this and fell in love with it though. I had never seen that kind of art style before, plus I liked how the characters were more "adult." I thought they were cool.
This is literally my first time posting about this. lol

This is utter fucking garbage

>Kids were pretty much the vast majority of people watching cartoons back then, unlike the growing demographic there is for it now
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Keep telling yourself that.

I will

And what would YOU do past the pilot? What is there to milk, exactly?

Regular Show

Well, there was the storyboard for a potential second episode where the cat settled in with the monkey and was an insufferable pest.

So a lot of "it's a Kitty Bobo is a little shit episode"s?

Is THIS from the storyboards, or some random unrelated thing that looks similar?

Zuko voice being sexy to attract tween girls

Yeah that’s from an episoded boarded called “First Job”, there’s a bunch more concept sketches

Here's some more from the creator's blog

I’m guessing from the sweat beads and nervous expression that “Lily” would have been his crush
She does have a nice rack

>both friends filming and texting on their phones
Obviously cell phones existed back then but this shit was still like 10 years ahead of its time as far as portraying them as prevalent and essential as they now are

Are they, like, collage students or something?
Kinda interesting.

It wasnt funny, and KND wasnt funny either. I know thats a controversial opinion, but i can look beyond nostalgia glasses and see how things were shit. Billy and mandy was fucking godtier, though

Kitty Bobo was at least slightly charming in a Doug-esque fashion.

Kids Next Door started pretty bad, quickly found its tone and reached its peak at a pretty-consistent-to-good level, and then plummeted again by taking itself way too seriously. I don't get how people look back on it fondly.

Never liked doug except when i was too young and stupid to understand quality. KND isnt nearly as fondly rememberd by me as MLAATR or flapjack. Its not nearly the worst thingn CN has done and its had some good episodes, but galactic is totally unnecessary, as id like a revival of a lot of other shows more.

Are you saying that children do not actually watch cartoons?

I always hayed KND because of that. And also because KND was wet shit.

They do, but adukts have been watching kids cartoons for years. Thats why i think CN is fucking stupid for pandering only to humorless little shits the past year instead of playing the cartoons that have a dedicated adult audience, and its made me convinced the current heads hate the adult fans. Im not saying networks should only pander to adults, but play programing both kids and adults can like. Thats what made adventure time and steven universe so popular.

Kitty Bobo is the OK Cola of cartoons.
I'm surprised no one tried to revive this in this day an age.

I think the creator left the industry.
Probably has a pretty low-key, quaint job somewhere
>hfw he realizes the existential terror of being so close to realizing his dream but just barely falling short

Why does everyone clamor about how they were sad this lost?

according to that one episode, it looks like another generic slice of life show featuring 20-somethings and their wacky adventures. Even back then, there were other shows that did it better.

The artstyle is great and unique, setting seems cozy, there was a decent amount of lore regarding the world hinted at in the production bible, and even though other shows existed in the same general vein none of them were targeted to kids.
Plus it’s furbait.
And you seem to forget a lot of people miss those shows and wish they hadn’t almost all been cancelled after one season.

I can, it was boring.
>A hip twenty something shows his new phone to other hip twenty somethings
I just can't fucking handle this crazy ride

Thank god, right?

I wonder if it would've pulled that slice-of-life shit, right. I mean, for a long time, since I think the pilot did managed to pull it off.
Also, KND was just a stronger concept, both were good, but KND had more hype.

You see, his desperation to be considered cool stems from him being a cat raised by dogs and thus having no ability to identify with or be accepted by either group.

I can.
KND was awesome. I remember voting for it, even.

And really can you ACTUALLY imagine kitty bobo going as far as KND did?

>can you ACTUALLY imagine kitty bobo going as far as KND did?
Not really, no.
Best case scenario? The would've giving it a good ending, when it was actually time to end it. Worst case scenario? They drag the story out. But CN being CN at the time, the network just cancels it before anything really good or bad happens to the show's quality.

This. Sup Forums only likes it because this board is full of furries.

KND Pilot
>kids can be secret agents with super mecha gadgets and fight bad guys trying to take away their swim time

Kitty Bobo pilot
>i got a new cellphone im talking to you on my cellphone im so cool with my cellphone

also cellphones were such a status symbol to me back then.

As an adult I’d way rather watch low-key SOL stuff with a good artstyle than loud, obnoxious, ugly cartoony antics
But I get why sugar-filled kids would rather watch KND

we grew up and got Adventure Show and Regular time. shows i still argue were just what we needed for us coming of agers. theyre still wacky cartoons, but still have some SOL to them thrown in

As a child, I would have preferred KND over this, even though I always remembered thinking KND was gross without being funny, unlike billy and mandy which incorporated a nice balance of gross out humor and actual jokes.

That said, it makes perfect sense children chose the latter. I still hope this someday gets a second chance, I love the art style.

It would probably do well if it was pitched today. A distinctly urban, New York-style setting would be a refreshing change of pace.

You need that balance. You can't just have some generic teen sitcom with cartoon animals. That gets you garbage like We Bare Bears.

Welcome to the Wayne is worth watching if you’re looking for that kind of setting.
It’s even produced, voiced, and animated in NYC

Crap show glad it lost, plus if it did win Zuko wouldn’t be in the Last Air Bender

KND never really shark jumped.

The last season didnt have as many goat epz but was still good.

Someones about to catch these H.A.N.D.S.

>You have been posting about this for months
wtf i been here every day and i never once seen a post on this show ,you sure we are in the same reality

>DUDE CELL PHONES LOL

Glad they didn't pick this up. Shit would have been dated within a few years.

In what way? Cell Phones didn't become Smart Phones until like 2008/2009.

It was 10 years ahead of its time.

it's kinda annoying

Is that Chiro's voice actor?