My comic pages

Trust you guys and would love your thoughts on my pencils, let me know what you think and what i should work on :)

scrpt i used for comparison

The Amazing Spider-Man Sample
By Sean Ryan
Page One:

Panel 1: A big explosion erupts from out of a window in a building in Chinatown. Here’s a good look at a Chinatown street

Spider-Man is above the explosion, so he is blown up and away from the blast. He loses his grip on the phone, and it starts to fly away from him.

1. SFX: BOOOM

2. SPIDER-MAN: No!

Panel 2: Spider-Man stretches out as he and the cell phone fall back towards the street. He’s shooting a web shooter to catch the cell phone.

3. SPIDER-MAN: It doesn’t have a case!

4. SFX: THWIP

Panel 3: Close on the web connecting with the phone.

5. SPIDER-MAN THOUGHT BALLOON: Got it!

Panel 4: Close on Spider-Man landing hard on his back, phone in hand, on the sidewalk of Chinatown. There could be people running around, afraid of the big explosion.

6. SPIDER-MAN: Ow!

7. SPIDER-MAN THOUGHT BALLOON: Forgot about the landing part.

Page Two:

Panel 1: Spider-Man, still on the ground, looks up and sees in the street, Hawkeye. Hawkeye is in the foreground of the shot.

Hawkeye is in a fighting stance. Arrow pointed towards the building where the explosion came from. That building is off panel.

1. SPIDER-MAN: Hawkeye?! What’s going on?

2. HAWKEYE: I could use some help.

3. SPIDER-MAN: Yeah. I’m happy to.

There are a few anatomical mistakes but I'm honestly impressed. Got any more?

part 2

Panel 2: The back of Hawkeye and Spider-Man in the foreground. In the background of the panel, in front of Hawkeye and Spider-Man is a gang of ultra-arsonists. I’m thinking they’re wearing flame retardant jumpsuits. They’ve got either big reflective goggles on, or maybe gas masks. Gas masks are always cool. Some of them are holding flame throwers, and wearing the flamer thrower packs on their backs. They should sort of look like a gang futuristic, Mad Max arsonists.

4. HAWKEYE: It’s a gang of arsonists that have been making their way through Chinatown. I’ve been tracking them for months. Thought I could handle them by myself.

5. HAWKEYE: You take the right. I’ll take the left.

6. SPIDER-MAN: I can do that.

Panel 3: Spider-Man is jumping at the arsonists. He’s dodging a flume of fire being shot at him from a flame thrower. Spider-Man is firing webbing at another of the arsonists’ flamethrower. It’s blocking the nozzle. Hawkeye is dodging and rolling away from a flume of fire. He’s firing an arrow at the arsonists.

Page Three:

Panel 1: Hawkeye is down on one knee, taking aim and firing an arrow at the back of an arsonist with a pack on his back. Spider-Man is in the background of the panel. He’s upside down, flipping, and smashing the heads of two arsonists together. There are some arsonists already down on the ground.

Panel 2: Hawkeye takes cover as the back of the guy’s back goes up in flames. Spider-Man, who is up in the air, mid-jump, is shooting webbing at this up in flames guy. Other arsonists fly back from the force of the flames.

Panel 3: That guy whose pack burst into flames is now wrapped in webbing, the flames have gone out. He’s falling to the ground. Spider-Man stands in the middle of the knocked out arsonists. Hawkeye is walking over towards Spider-Man. As Hawkeye is walking, he’s kicking an arsonist in the face, who is laying down on the ground, struggling to get up.

1. SPIDER-MAN: Those guys weren’t so bad.

Panel 4: Same basic panel. Hawkeye is now standing next to Spider-Man.

2. HAWKEYE: You hungry?

3. SPIDER-MAN: I could eat.

thanks man, umm my site is www.mikejc.com if that helps

It's not bad at all. You have a good grasp on story flow but if I can offer one major criticism is that it comes off as a bit uninspired. This is really only something time can fix of course but I feel like Ive seen these kinds of pages before

that makes sense, thanks for taking the time to look :)

It's not bad but I find this angle a bit off and the position confusing.

Pretty good, honestly. I think a lot of your poses would benefit from having a little more twist between the shoulders and pelvis.

the more a character is in the background the less good they look, with that i mean perspective, anatomy, details etc. That is something you should work on.
Also a slight mistakethe women at the bottom wears one boot with heels and one without; in the next page there are no heels at all.

amateurish but I am intrigued by the Frankenstein chicks

Pretty stiff anatomically, and your viewing angles are flat and linear. Plus you seem to not have any knowledge on "grounding" an object in perspective, thus in page 1, panel 2 you can see the background figures make zero sense as to whether they're standing on their feet or laying on their backs. I think you're also hiding an inability to render effective and realistic environment/scenery; that is REALLY going to stunt your marketability. Drawing characters is the vanity end of comic art and there's a metric fuckton of people that can do that, the real divide between talent is the dedication that one puts into learning to draw the not-so-fun stuff like buildings.

Work on your anatomy OP but wow these are prettt nice.

First pannel Spiderman's legs are bent too much, I know the intention is to give it perspective but instead int looks like they are bending inside themselves, also he is so close to doing the parallel legs 180 degrees split ballet dancers do it hurts to look and he is suspended in the air Wich means it would make more sense for the legs to follow the motion and have some weight to them, is he swinging towards us or towards the phone because it's confusing and it looks like he is doing both and neither at the same time

* Ok so what's happening is that Spiderman is being proppelled towards us by an explosion and his phone falls right?
I think it would make much more sense especially since I can tell you want to add perspective to this is to have both Spiderman and the phone pushed by the explosion but since the phone weights less it accelerates faster and it's getting away from Spidey towards the reader and is massive because it's really close and Spidey is behind it trying to reach it and failing , trying to reach fowards

not op, but how about

Second pannel he looks way too stiff and the people in the background are either falling or laying in the ground and it's confusing in succession to the fist pannel, it doesn't translate into movement, anticipation and reaction, a simple hand trying to grab the phone and the phone slipping barely. Would do a much better job at transmitting the point

Rip Spidermans spine and ribs, that fall really fucked him up lol

Is Spiderman standing in the ground and kicking the guy at the right or jumping on top of the two girls heads?

I don't know if you are doing this but you should draw very simple tiny sketches of the pannel and try different things before drawing the real thing so you know what looks good and makes sense, also look up references online

needs better shading
otherwise its oke

You're focusing too much on figures and not enough on your setting and making your action kinetic or consistent. Also, a lot of your good stuff is partially lifted from heavy reference/extreme internalization from reading a lot of Marvel and it's really obvious.
Like here. Panel 1. Spidey is in two different, stock poses you'd see often in Marvel comics with his arm masking the fact that this shot is impossible. His spine is snapped in half, his right pectoral is hovering above his left asscheek. Don't do shit like this, try picking just one pose and tweaking it instead of using visual shorthand as a crutch.

Also PLEASE stop giving Peter a bulge, we ignore his nose and penis for the same reason.

My god that's way more dynamic. Removing the background would also help here, as it gives more attention to the phone and the perspective is fucked anyway.