Batman v Superman is really that bad

youtube.com/watch?v=F9juReoJxI0

So, it's here...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C4q6VikD6SI
youtube.com/watch?v=RVvLQ-haj84
heroichollywood.com/justice-league-cavill-dceu-new-direction/)
youtu.be/I7jTfgXfaCU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

BvS is really that bad.
But so is MovieBlob

I enjoy anyone shitting on BvS, but I can't take anyone who thinks Avengers is some masterpiece of structure and storytelling seriously.

And I like Avengers. A lot. But it's a great hangout movie, not some fucking structural mastercraft.

>Shitting on BvS
>Again
>More than a year later
Christ, are people obsessed with this movie or what

BASED BOB DOES IT AGAIN

ABOUT TIME DCHUMPS EDUCATED THEMSELVES

>89 minutes long
>This man thinks he is genetically and intellectually superior to you and he should control your votes because he knows better than you and you are just crying about much jobs, much unemployment and much poverty Wich is all meaningless compared to his superior utopian vision
I wish someone catcalled him Chris chan style and either convinced him to crossdress or something like that

It should be shit on MONTHLY because there are still a few though thankfully their numbers are dropping idiots who think it's some kind of unappreciated work of genius

People still talk about The Room and Battlefield Earth too.

>inb4 it's not THAT bad

It really is.

>People still talk about The Room and Battlefield Earth

I have heard The Room mentioned nowhere else but here and Battlefield Earth was unanimously considered shit by everyone stop spreading bullshit

Just shove

It's really not

Those movies are at least enjoyable on some level

That fucking Jolly Rancher™

Into my old man mouth.

It's shit on daily all across the internet

I think Moviebob is great spokesperson for Marvel, we're blessed we have him.

>Look at the comments
>There are people actively sucking MovieBob's dick like he's fucking Roger Ebert or something

>I have heard The Room mentioned nowhere else but here
How? I've seen it mentioned pretty much everywhere movie-related since it first gained popularity. Anytime people are discussing inept filmmaking or so bad it's good movie The Room is brought up sooner or later.

Who's piss did he use?

There's literally nothing that can be said about this movie that hasn't been said already a thousand times here, so you need to take your stupid little shill link and fuck yourself with it.

I don't know why people don't get the "so bad it's good" side of BvS. It even follows the Rich Evans rule of "it keeps changing in what ways it's bad".

You'd be surprised...

>Christ, are people obsessed with this movie or what
It's all shitposters have reallly. You can't shit on DC movies money wise, because they all make a lot of money. You can't attack DC elsewhere because they're kicking everyone's asses in comics, tv, animation, etc. So all that's left is:

>HURR I DIDN'T LIKE MOS OR BVS SO IT'S SHIT HURR

on repeat year after year. Which ironically only raises the profile of a movie, invites reevaluation and speaking historically tends to elevate movies in the eyes of the general public over time.

So it's an ultimately self-defeating activity. People shit on something because they hate it, people with no exposure to it eventually check it out and say it really isn't as bad as people claim, etc. Really the worst thing that can happen to any media product is that it's forgotten. So let them continue.

Does it ever get lonely being the only DChump on the site? Maybe you should just go back to your reddit hugbox and enjoy the short time you have left before JUSTshit League bombs critically and financially and ends this god awful cinematic universe once and for all.

>they're kicking everyone's asses in comics, tv, animation, etc.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>movieblob

I'd rather suffer through BvS again than to listen to Movie Blob.

Yes, excellent. Bump this thread. BvS is living in your head 24/7 rent free. Keep posting easily refuted clickbait that only serves to keep the DCEU in the news cycle day in and day out and only builds distrust in entertainment reporting leading to a significantly lessened impact of each report the more that comes out. Worked for Trump. Here, let me aid you in your ultimately futile efforts by bumping this thread myself.

>You can't shit on DC movies money wise, because they all make a lot of money.

Not as much as WB wants, they always underperform

Where is your laughing Evans pissing on DC's grave picture? Or is that image still removed on sight?

Torn between my dislike of BvS and my utter loathing of Bob the Untermensch.

85 minutes
only part one
more to follow.

too autistic even for channel awesome

Movieblob

Because there is nothing enjoyable to laugh at. The movie is a fuck up on every level.

This.
It's a 6 or 7/10 movie that deserves credit for being the first to ever pull off a crossover on that scale.

always up for more BvS shitting regardless

>MovieBob

Opinion discarded

The 89 Minuten is just Part I.

Outside of MMMMBOYS scenes it's too dull and self-serious to be funny.

It works the same way the Oceans movies work, just not as well-made. A bunch of likeable actors with fun dialogue bouncing off each other.

Which does have value. Those kinds of movies don't come out that often. But it's hardly some close-knit Kubrickian work of art. Bob's love of it is absurd.

not until faggots keep defending it like some cinematic masterpiece

>The movie is a fuck up on every level.
So is The Room. Or Double Down.
I had lots of laughs watching BvS, the over/underacting, the hilariously bad dialogue, the wannabe-grandiose cinematography, the retarded plot, the schlocky symbolism,... Fuck, it's hard to watch any Lex scene with a straight face. MoS was painful to watch but BvS was hilariously inept.

>self-serious
But that's what's so funny about it. It feels like if Chris-chan tried to make a dark and realistic Sonichu. It feels like a child making a super serious story about the Teletubbies and doing so by having it rain all the time. It's to cinema what Linkin Park and Evanescence are to music. It fails spectacularly at having me take it seriously, and I find that very funny.

And there's like 4 other scenes with Lex alone all on the level of MMMMMBOYS.

>MovieBlob
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I highly doubt anyone outside Sup Forums defend BvS as some kind of masterpiece, especially on places like YouTube

>It's to cinema what Linkin Park and Evanescence are to music

Except it doesn't have the weepy melodrama for that. It's too sterile to be fun-bad.

Like, the Daredevil movie is fun-bad. It's fucking absurd at points. But that movie has some life in it.

can't people just ignore that turd of a movie and move on to better shit? I heard the Lego Batman movie was nice

>I highly doubt anyone outside Sup Forums defend BvS as some kind of masterpiece

As someone who uses Letterboxd I know you're wrong.

To be fair Ebert was also a tasteless hack although not being as much of a prick.

>Maybe you should just go back to your reddit hugbox and enjoy the short time you have left before JUSTshit League bombs critically and financially and ends this god awful cinematic universe once and for all.
Remember this when you see all the Wondy and Harley costumes to tonight. I want you SEETHING.

I can't agree with that. Superman fucking dies while making a derp face and we're supposed to be sad. The movie ends with a self-agrandizing speech that literally states "men can be good", as if we needed this movie to prove that. It tries hard to be deep and melodramatically grandiose but with the aptitude of a 12 year old autist.

Daredevil is more funny thanks mostly to Farrel's self-aware performance and its tonal whiplashes, but I still laughed at BvS.

I don't like MovieBob at all, honestly.
But his criticism here seems pretty legit to me.
BvS was easily the worst cinematic experience of my life.
And I've seen Uwe Boll movies.

I wish I could have gotten that from BvS. I was either bored or wanted to kill myself.

The only fun-bad I got out of it was from the Batmobile chase, which felt like an Archer sequence but not meant to be a joke.

ITT: Hyperbole

I think that's his point on why it's such a great movie.
It's the biggest "hangout movie" ever, which also is one of the most profitable movies of the last few years and shares "top whatever" with "serious and intellectual" movies like LoTR RoK and The Dark Knight AND it's universally loved by critics and viewers alike. Not to mention, it made every Hollywood company to make their own version of Cinematic Universe.
I don't know if it's a masterpiece, but seems like a pretty good achievement to me.

>virgins have this much time to shit on a year old movie
>meanwhile DChad is banging chicks in nurse costumes

>I think that's his point on why it's such a great movie.

I think it's a really fun movie, and I do think fun can and is worthy of being art. I'd in fact argue that the first Ocean's movie is one of the best pieces of pure entertainment of the past 20 years.

But Bob treats Avengers as if it's like, Raiders of the Lost Ark or something. He's totally blind to the mostly mediocre filmmaking and basically argues that since it's some huge brand extension done well that it makes it some great work by default.

Don't really have an opinion on Bob, but I'm wrapping up in a thick comfy blanket for this one.

Welcome to the internet. You may not enjoy your stay.

Take a shot every time Bob stops a video cold to virtue signal and show his ug-uh-lee face.

What an unnatural way to sit there and take in, as opposed to
>Jolly Rancher?
>pic related

I think he did address messy structure and the lack of substance at least.

I'm not watching this crap but I imagine he's citing it in the same way a lot of people cite Die Hard as being a "perfect" movie. It's not a masterpiece, it just does something very simple and it does it completely correctly.

If that's what he's saying, then I'd have to agree with him on that, because in terms of pacing and structure Avengers is virtually flawless and similar movies should use it as a model. However BvS is not a similar movie and it's not trying to be so comparing it against Avengers is retarded.

Mercy's

> the same way a lot of people cite Die Hard as being a "perfect" movie. It's not a masterpiece, it just does something very simple and it does it completely correctly.
I feel the same way about Hot Shots.

youtube.com/watch?v=C4q6VikD6SI - EXACTLY! if only they could get Matt Reeves to do something like that (then you could actually do a decent interpretation for FatFleck & DamageKerr), maybe then there would be some kind of hope that DCEU is not a total clusterfuck (have you seen the latest trailers for JL? Obvious reshoot shots that look so out of place, not to mention abysmal VFX/color grading problems). At this point every single announcement is questionable at best: Gotham City Sirens, Mad Love, Flashpoint (the script leak, if true, shows why they shouldn't bother with it - too convoluted, overcrowded & boring), WW2, Aquaman (only if it's not about being moody and saying bs like "MY MAN!" - doesn't sound very interesting. Now, Deathstroke solo film, The Batman & Nightwing by McKay (same guy who wrote/directed LEGO Batman) - that I can get behind because it would be somewhat experimental & unusual.

> imagine he's citing it in the same way a lot of people cite Die Hard as being a "perfect" movie. It's not a masterpiece, it just does something very simple and it does it completely correctly.

Except I'd argue that Die Hard is kind of a masterpiece, at least from a structural level. I terms of character establishment, setup/payoff, rising stakes, etc, it's pretty much perfect, up there with Raiders and the first Matrix film in the "everyone should should these screenplays" blockbuster trifecta.

I mean yes, it's not 2001 or anything. But I'm firmly of the belief that entertainment has equal value as "art" does. My issue is Bob's nut-licking of Avengers as some singular artistic masterwork.

Maybe I'm not making myself clear enough, I dunno. I do enjoy that first Avengers a lot for what it is.

>Hot Shots

I'm more of a Part Deux man myself

I'm glad he actually criticizes Galgadot's stupid accent and lack of acting talent

Gonna watch it later. I love BvS but I find it very enjoyable to listen to negative critiques of things I like.

It's alright but there's not much to talk about. It basically feels like a comedy made by semi-dedicated fans, a lesser Brave ands the Bold if you will.

Word! WTF was she saying during that 3rd or 2nd JL trailer?! youtube.com/watch?v=RVvLQ-haj84

And then he immediately praises her as perfect five minutes later. Faggot, come on, open your fucking eyes

Yeah. I kinda know.

The point of my post was rather that I do not understand the obsession of being constantly focused on something people consider garbage or not all that good either by being like Moviebob and not letting go, or constantly telling people like Bob not to get that hung up over it, explaining over and over why it is not that bad or whatever.

like, isn't there good stuff you can focus on without having to put over 50 minutes into explaining why you like it?

>can't people just ignore that turd of a movie

It's not JUST a turd, though. Plenty of turds come out every year. The world already forgot that Guy Ritchie made a King Arthur movie, and that came out like 3 months ago.

BvS is the kind of disaster an auteur fully confident in their artistic vision can make. Like the Matrix sequels, or the Prequel Trilogy, it's a singular kind of insane bad that not anyone can make, and it's fascinating because of that.

Also it dragged in the two of the most singular pop culture icons of the bast century into it as well. Snyder was given the keys to the kingdom and the biggest, most popular toybox possible. Outside of maybe Star Wars, you CAN'T get bigger then batman and Superman.

And he made an insane 3-hour allegorical disaster about post-9/11 America, the modern interpretation of mythological figures and how they can call be connected to superheros, and piss jars. It's fucking absurd that it even exists.

Keep in mind that this isn't an endorsement. Being an auteur doesn't make you good by default, and not all artistic visions are inherently worthwhile or "good becuase they exist" despite what some fucking lunatics try and argue. That way lies madness and people defending Paul WS Anderson as a genius.

I live next to a major party college. I saw at least six Wondys on Saturday on the way to parties. I saw two this morning alone on the way to work. It was the same with Harley the past couple of years and it's honestly crazy.

JUST IN: Henry Cavill Says DCEU Hasn’t Worked: "Even if Marvel didn’t exist, we’d struggle. There was a style they [DC] were going for, an attempt to be different and look at things from a slightly different perspective, which hasn’t necessarily worked. Yes, it has made money but it has not been a critical success; it hasn’t given everyone that sensation which superheroes should give the viewer.

I feel like now the right mistakes have been made and they haven’t been pandered [to], and we can start telling the stories in the way they need to be told. It is even better to come back from a mistake or stylistic error into the correct vein because it will make it seem that much stronger. Wonder Woman was the first step in the right direction." (SOURCE: heroichollywood.com/justice-league-cavill-dceu-new-direction/)

Was just about to post this.

FULL COMMENT

>Even if Marvel didn’t exist, we’d struggle. There was a style they [DC] were going for, an attempt to be different and look at things from a slightly different perspective, which hasn’t necessarily worked. Yes, it has made money but it has not been a critical success; it hasn’t given everyone that sensation which superheroes should give the viewer.

>I think it is a wonderful time for the female hero. It is the perfect setting in social politics right now, we need it, we want that perspective, and Wonder Woman has struck at the ideal time and has become a phenomenal success, which is fantastic. Any success within the superhero universe, especially within the DC Universe, is wonderful, because I want to keep telling the Superman story; selfishly, that works for me.

>I feel like now the right mistakes have been made and they haven’t been pandered [to], and we can start telling the stories in the way they need to be told. It is even better to come back from a mistake or stylistic error into the correct vein because it will make it seem that much stronger. Wonder Woman was the first step in the right direction.

Nigger, The Room is the most famous Best Worst Movie ever.

At least one can enjoy Avengers. I can't understand how anyone can enjoy BvS.

You know, i read your post and I get your point.

But at the same time I also get a message that translates into "I have so little in my life going on otherwise, complaining about a manchild screwing up a famous property is a highlight."

Which is not meant as some sort of insult, trying to accuse you of being a manchild. I don't know you, so I assume better of you and that you understand also some other things.

But it is a movie. There are worse things in life than knowing that during your timespan on this planet someone made a flop.

>They're going full DCEU Rebirth.
Fucking madmen. It's going to make so much money.

>post yfw Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman have all expressed dissatisfaction at the DCEU excluding WW

>I feel like now the right mistakes have been made and they haven’t been pandered [to], and we can start telling the stories in the way they need to be told. It is even better to come back from a mistake or stylistic error into the correct vein because it will make it seem that much stronger.
On one hand, I think he's just defending the franchise and sugar coating the situation.
On the other hand, I do see his point. If you hit rock bottom right at the start, there is no place to go except up. With Johns taking more role in the movie world, it might still have a chance. After all if there is one thing Rebirth showed, it's that DC is capable of fixing mistakes

>I think it is a wonderful time for the female hero. It is the perfect setting in social politics right now, we need it, we want that perspective, and Wonder Woman has struck at the ideal time and has become a phenomenal success, which is fantastic

Wonder Woman was a massive success because it was good. That's why it had a long tail in theatres instead of blowing up huge early and having a massive dropoff.

I mean it's cool that there's finally a woman-lead cape movie that isn't a garbage fire, but it managed to tell a basic three-act story that doesn't fuck itself up too much and has memorable setpieces, which is what these movies need. That's what mattered.

>But at the same time I also get a message that translates into "I have so little in my life going on otherwise, complaining about a manchild screwing up a famous property is a highlight."

Honestly, I'm just fascinated by gigantic failures. They're interesting to pick apart and inspect for what they did wrong.

>But it is a movie. There are worse things in life than knowing that during your timespan on this planet someone made a flop.

Sure, but this is Sup Forums user. It's made for bitching.

Okay, the fascination for giant failures is something I can get behind.
I find one of the most interesting aspects of certain movie reviews going into the history of how the movie came to be and failed or succeeded.

The thing about Dawn of Justice for me is just...
well, it has been said from the get go why it failed in many regards and I really dislike moviebob.

And bob bitching for over 85 minutes while not even getting through half of the movie or its problems, leading probably to another hour and a half bitching and also something about Dawn of Justice fantards trolling him is for me just a sign that people like Bob should be put in camp, instead of being its heads when the SJW regime takes over.

>well, it has been said from the get go why it failed in many regards and I really dislike moviebob.

I don't like Bob either, I'm the guy shitting on him for his Avengers dicksucking. I haven't watched this video.

I'm just talking about why people are still bitching about BvS. These kinds of absolute disasters don't come around that often.

>Part I
>almost 90 minutes
Who could stand that much movieblob without blowing their brains out?

I wonder what his face is supposed to convey here... maybe he wants to warn us about something, hmmm, maybe stay out of your local theater & do not see our new movie...

youtu.be/I7jTfgXfaCU

Here's a real film analysis

Not him but artistic trainwrecks are fascinating.

The problem about this turd user, is that WB entire business plan is based on that.
That's why JL will suck.
They are doing terrible things to the DC universe just like they did with Batman during the 90's. It's just painfull. They should stop.

I'm only 35 mins in though.

BvS is the Kingdom Hearts of movies. It's a perfect encapsulation of what a 16 year old boy who still plays with toys thinks is cool and deep. It's like a child's drawing; it's technically very bad but I can't help but find it endearing.

Also Bob's a dumbass.

BvS was almost worth it for the Sad Affleck meme.

>that thumbnail

If it's going to be an hour of bitching about how Disney is the devil then I'm going to pass. I'm no drone, but a large part of MCU and DisneyWars criticism seems to stem from people tripping over themselves to shit on Disney for being a mega-corporation in ways they don't do for literally any other film production company.

finally people who get it. I loved Phase 1 but Avengers 1 was the worst movie of Phase 1 but it managed at getting a huge following because it got together all the heroes, which truly was remarkable

>worst movie of Phase 1

That's clearly Iron Man 2. That's STILL their worst movie.

>There are worse things in life than knowing that during your timespan on this planet someone made a flop.

>he says this while posting on a korean basket weaving forum

What about Hulk?

Literally can't believe it's not Plinkett

Kingdom Hearts in general is pretty autistic. Its like fanfic that somehow made it into a game series. Also I hate agreeing with Bob not liking BvS, I'm not giving him a view though

Hulk at least works as a punch-em-up fight movie. They hired to Leterrier to direct a big, stupid smash fest with an overqualified cast, and it works on that level.

Iron Man 2 fails at pretty much everything it tires to do.

2 was a dumb story with an ok ending
3 was an ok story with a dumb ending

not sure which is worse

3 at least had a singular personality. It was clearly a Shane Black movie. And I know people people bitch about the ending, but that armor-switching stuff in the finale was pretty great.

Iron Man 2 is barely a movie.