NEW GORILLAZ VIDEO OUT

They released the video for Garage Palace earlier this morning!
m.youtube.com/watch?v=qoAxRICB9j8
Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m_5CE_yHR1E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How fucking old is Damon Albarn these days?

Too bad Humanz is the worst Gorillaz album.

He's 49 years old.

This, unfortunately. I haven't listened to it in months and nothing has inspired me return to it

I spent a hundred dollarydoos on the fucking vinyl too

but user its not a gorillaz album :^)

On a serious note that new video was pretty good, also need more noodle lewds

>I spent a hundred dollarydoos on the fucking vinyl too
When the hell are they going to release that vinyl anyway? I heard that they were gonna release it in November, but the damn things been delayed so many times that I'm honestly not sure anymore.

It's a neat video, I'm glad Noodle has gone back to being a badass. Her trembling in fear in the Saturnz Barz vid was some bullshit.

I'm on about the Deluxe Vinyl with the artbook, what are you on bout?

I thought you were talking about the super deluxe vinyl, with all the new songs on it.

Oh yeah no, that was even more expensive. Fuck that, especially now that most of Humanz was rubbish

In terms of design, the art direction is good, certainly better than when they try the cgi junk... I don't like how Noodle looks like a 40 year old crack whore, but that's the style I guess.

The animation? Strobe lights are usually a bad sign, and this case is no different.

The song itself? Jesus, where do I start? I know Gorillaz likes to feature other bands, but this is more of putting (I don't know who she is) into the spotlight, with a begrudgingly accompaniment by the band. The musical style is a depressing mix of Brostep EDM and rap. One that can't even be enjoyed ironically as a punk satire.

Summary: Damon shouldn't really try anymore, despite what effort the fans want him to do. The song doesn't even seem to have any of his influence whatsoever, and the videos are now eye-sores.

>Damon shouldn't really try anymore, despite what effort the fans want him to do

What? If anything, he should try harder. One of the main flaws with the new album is that his voice barely even features in it.

I mean, he should give up. In economics there is a term called the dead cat bounce.

A stock can sometimes rise in value by a tiny bit after the plummet. It's like the aforementioned dead cat. You can drop it on the ground, and it might rise up a little from the bounce, but that don't mean it's springing to life anytime soon.

cool art i guess.
song sucks though

The song is total garbage. But the video is absolutly cool.

This is a pretty cool fan video, not has good as the rhinestones one, though.

I disagree, I wish this shit was on the original album. I like Simz.

>fan video

Why could they never make anything as consistently good as Demon Days?

They can barely be arsed to do more in the first place and when they did they got giddy on all these collabs that ended up being pretty mediocre, with 80% of the song being the other artist.

Jesus it's depressing to see how far Gorillaz has fallen over the last few years. Plastic Beach was a bit of a step down from Demon Days, but it was still mostly good songs and some really solid singles.

But The Fall? Humanz? They've got maybe, *maybe* three or four decent songs between them.

Still disappointed that they are now a platform for other singers to stand on, nothing they make really sounds like Gorillaz anymore. Was alright though but its not something I think Im going to remember and return to like other songs/videos.

>nothing they make really sounds like Gorillaz anymore
Exactly - pretty much killed my interest in them. Collaboration can be fun sometimes, but ultimately you're buying a group's albums because you want to hear THAT group's music, not someone else's stuff.

More like Garbage Palace
Song is shit and random twitter pixelartist would probably made them a better clip given time and resources.

Bump

2D is such a twink.

I think it's much better than self titled.

...why, though?

Because self titled had, like, three songs that I liked while Humanz had at least five. And hardly any that I dislike, aside from Hallelujah Money, maybe.

>Rehash
>5/4
>Clint Eastwood
>Punk
>Sound Check (Gravity)
>Double Bass
>Starshine

I dunno. I never really warmed up to any songs on it aside from Clint Eastwood, Tommorow Comes Today and Gravity. Though, to be fair, Gravity is one of my favourite Gorillaz songs.

>Gravity is one of my favourite Gorillaz songs
Same.
>those violins that appear halfway through the song

>all the new songs
It fucking sucks that we're getting everything from the worst Gorillaz album, yet the Plastic Beach outtakes are as good as gone.
>tfw no full versions of Crashing Down and Leviathan, never ever

>Crashing Down
Closest we'll get for the ident version

youtube.com/watch?v=m_5CE_yHR1E

Good idea, terrible execution, fucking awful song.

IIRC, the full version of Leviathan appears in some Swedish documentary that you can find on Netflix; it plays during the end credits. I'm not sure, though.

>The Gorillaz do nothing while American Chavez cosplays as the next Watch_Dogs protagonist
Holy shit, what a perfect visualization of everything that was wrong with this album. At least they were the focus of the video in Strobelite and Saturnz Barz.

Noodle is 27 today.

Let's all sing her happy birthday one word at a time to celebrate!
HAPPY

CHRISTMAS

pleb

>Happy Christmas pleb

Perfect.

>Video is minimally animated 16-bit style
>Still better than Strobelite

It still went better than I thought it would!

Art was alright but the lack of Damon's voice just kinda pisses me off.
He was the main reason i liked Gorillaz and seeing his voice been featured so little recently is fucking painful.

I actually thought the song was pretty alright, it just wasn't A FUCKING GORILLAZ SONG.

I LIKE HUMANZ, BUT WHERE'S THE FUCKING

G O R I L L A Z