This was really bad even by both shows standards

This was really bad even by both shows standards.

>Matt Groening refused to be in the credits of the Simpsons/Critic crossover (the only episode he has done this for) because he believed it was nothing more than a cheap attempt at publicity
>No problem being credited in Family Guy and Futurama crossovers depsite them making even less sense

He just wants to drew those dumb rabbits these days I guess.

PETAH

That was back when he still cared.

>No problem being credited in Family Guy crossover
Was he credited in the Family Guy crossover? I was under the impression it was all the Family Guy writers doing and the only contribution from the Simpsons side was the voices.

>and Futurama crossover
Well, the Critic crossover was promoting a show, while the Futurama one was a crossover with a dead show so it wasn't promoting anything.

>He just wants to drew those dumb rabbits these days I guess.
Life in Hell has been dead since 2012.

Harry Shearer boycotted this thing. Good for him.

what how, i thought it was the funniest both shows have been in years

Same beer

He's the one who hasn't given two shits about the show since Season 5, so that makes sense.

>Family Guy gets the long crossover
>Futurama gets the short one
what did they mean by this? also id love a multiverse crossover someday

Look at them just stand there. Just fucking standing, that's all these two shows are, idiots standing and saying stupid shit.
The Family Simp was superior in every way.

I think the end with Fred was clever.

Simpsons writers said they don't like doing long episodes because it's too hard. Dead serious.

The hour long Great Gatsby parody they did last year only came about because of a rare case where someone managed to churn out a bloated as fuck script that they couldn't shave down far enough.

You could tell they were barely able to figure out how to actually make use of the Futurama cast in the crossover sans Bender and Professor Farnsworth.

family guy rarely uses angles. it was only until i saw this when i noticed that in animation class one day

That wasn't at the end, that was the courtroom trial.

And honestly that was the best sequence in the whole episode if only for this part.

Really? The fucking beer shit was the funniest that either show has been in years. It was actually really, genuinely funny.

it's not subtle or nuanced. it was tastless and lukewarm

Didn't they cut the running time of the show down to 20 minutes after the HD switch?

This was incidentally the first time a Simpsons episode ever showed a naked loli older than a baby (background shot but still a first of sorts).

Props for having some integrity.

Shearer needs to relax

It alright.

SAME BEER?

SAME
S H O W

>Don't have to pay them squat

Didn't the main cast receive something ridiculous like 300k an episode at one point?

Try $500,000 per episode (Fox made them take a cut to $375,000 per episode in 2006).

The best part is that Fox didn't realize until it was too late that they'd have to pay Yeardley Smith the same amount of money as Dan Castallaneta and Hank Azaria to voice one character.

What dumb rabits?

Life in Hell? Derp?

Technically it was a Family Guy episode.

>Lisa's voice actor gets the same amount of money as everyone else despite literally only voicing ONE character(with her natural voice)

Where was this?

I noticed the already shitty modern Simpsons animation was unbelievably stunted in the crossover.
I think the crossover maybe the worst episode for both shows.

>I noticed the already shitty modern Simpsons animation was unbelievably stunted in the crossover.
I hate the HD animation so much.

Basically Homer and Peter fight in the Power Plant and they fall in nuclear waste, which somehow turns them into flying radioactive Hulks. They collide with each other and the resulting explosion burns the skin off a group of people while also burning the clothes off another group.

TLH was getting there eventually if Chris Savino hadn't been audited.

Although almost every single episode is about her these days. Bart episodes are rare.

The writers hate Nancy Cartwright and they have to do millions of Lisa episodes to justify Yeardley's salary.

Do they hate her because she's a Scientologist?

I think so. She donates a huge chunk of her Simpsons paychecks to that shit.

She used to do Lisa on a higher pitch until she got lazy.

Uggh, so slick and lifeless.

Archer/Bob's Burgers crossover was better

It's weird seeing the first couple seasons of Family Guy because back before the reboot series moved to digital animation there were lots of angles and you saw different shots of the kitchen, livingroom etc.

The post 2005 digital episodes only have like 1-2 images of the rooms and they just keep reusing those. And they are all flat.

The very first season of American Dad, despite also being made at the same time as the digital FG episodes were traditionally drawn and you got to see different angles of the rooms there as well.

Yeardley Smith is well known for hanging out in the writer's room and getting them to write Lisa into more episodes. As well as maintaining the modern mary-sue ness of her these days. Yeardley is the reason Lisa is the knowitall liberal mouthpiece

This episode made me realize how actually awful and mean the FG cast is compared to the Simpsons

Not really, no. They're forced by Fox to write piles of Lisa episodes to justify Yeardley's pay for voicing one character.

Why people like you even come to Sup Forums?

>a female sexbot will have more rights than a human male.
I kind of see it coming.

In fact she really doesn't like Lisa college activist episodes that much; from interviews it seems she's more in favor of Summer of 4'2" kinds of episodes.

Apparently that's already happening in Saudi Arabia.

But even normies think the Simpsons is shit now, user.