Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/91037704/#91037704
desuarchive.org/co/thread/90835665/#90835665
derp.ibooru.org/976379
derp.ibooru.org/976762
thehorsewife.tumblr.com/post/128738751510/there-really-isnt-peanut-butter-fund
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i dont know why people still think the ending couldve been better

Season 5 peaked during the first three episodes.

Fuck you, I liked it.

Well no, it could've been but It wasn't terrible.

Did not say it was bad just that it started out strong but I felt it was not as entertaining after the first three episode.

First four episodes were brilliant. Then it just started losing steam.
Cause it wasn't good.

I really don't know what people expected with the ending. There would have been just as many people bitching if he didn't go back and you know it.

this wasn't as bad as I expected honestly. the music is surprisingly really damn good, too. it's a shame the hideous art style has/will turn off so many people.

I liked it a lot, and i loved ashi. ending did seem like an asspull, could have done with another finale episode or 2

Before the Contrarianism set in, people did like Season Five.

>Furry mother
She's shit.

what about the furry loli?

This

remove ashi

Fuck you.

The 1st 3 episodes are absolute animationkino. That fight with the daughters of aku in the temple was some great shit.
The show without a doubt takes a quality dip once Ashi becomes a main character, theres just an uncharacteristically large amount of dialog all of a sudden and the relationship felt forced. They also focus way to much on Ashi's character development and just rush Jack fixing his suicidal thoughts and the ending.
Speak of the ending, the ending is just plain bad with a retarded asspull to end the series, no big final battle of Aku vs Jack, just an asspull.

No.

This!

I liked it too but it could have been better, mainly the ending.

Aku should not have died.

>The entire goal of the series
>not being completed at the end.

He should. I mean, he commits GENOCIDE on a daily basis, and Extinctions of a species on Tuesdays.

Would've been more interesting if it ended with Jack toppling his empire but still chasing him through time and space

she made S5 the best yet

Season 5 was kinda clunky but it did have some pretty great moments.

I do think that if they would of had more episodes to flesh out the story it would of been alright. They ruined the latter episodes by stuffing a ton of un-needed story moments.

I still believe Ashi could of been done right but she really did come off as a Mary Sue.

If the season had been 15 episodes instead of 10 the Ashi stuff could've worked. As is, the romance was half-assed and shouldn'ta been a thing

Me too, until Season 5 Episode 4.

Maybe it would be better, if they didn't stole it from somewhere else.

It's due time for you to be reminded
desuarchive.org/co/thread/91037704/#91037704
desuarchive.org/co/thread/90835665/#90835665

They could've made an original ending instead of one they copied from a years old anime right down to the scenes color palette.

Otherwise the season was alright, and at the very least the last episode had that great bit where Aku broadcasts the original intro for exposition.

SJ fans sure made a lot of cancerous posts during the last season.

t. Rick and Morty fan

>They could've made an original ending instead of one they copied from a years old anime right down to the scenes color palette.
The SJ ending has its own meaning however

personally I was hoping for aku staying in the sword and becoming sealed evil in a can/harmless villain trying to manipulate jack/ashi's children into performing petty grievances

>dying exposition
yeah and what a meaning it was

t. still butthurt about April SJ fan

I think it'd be hard to argue that, but I don't think it was as bad as a whole as Sup Forums likes to act like it is.

Fuck aLl weebs at Sup Forums

>that "you just hate ashi because you're a virgin who can no longer relate to jack" transcendental projection

I like to pretend the last 7 episodes of the series didn't exist. The moral of the story is that you let genndy direct action but not write a story.

I thought it was great until the very end. I didn't mind Ashi until she faded out. That was shit.

The funny part is that Jack was successful with women, as much as a Y7 show allows, anyway.

*first 5 3/4

I actually wouldn't have mind if she faded away right after the action movie explosion, that way it could've had a more fulfilling epilogue.

More like the euphoria from completing your goal fading away eventually, leaving you face to face with the consequences of your actions?

Completely agreed. Good show, user.

im glad it exists even if i think most episodes after 3 were mediocre. i'm glad he got to the past though.

is that Quentin the movie?

is that jim rash

Best hick cartoon

It could have been a lot better if Ashi had died when she fell off the cliff

>Contrarianism set in
No, that's wrong and if you were actually here when the show was airing you would know that. The drop in quality was enough to make a large portion of Samurai Jack fans on Sup Forums openly critique it until it got so bad people just started openly writing the show off. The common consensus was that the latter majority of the season was poorly paced and executed. The first 3-4 episodes were amazing though.

>openly critique
Throwing insults and shitposting is not a "critique".

That's subjective, just because you don't agree with the opinion doesn't automatically make it shitposting. (that is, if you are actually doing this) there was plenty of shitposting but also valid criticisms.

True but just because you can criticize something doesn't make it total shit.

I never said it was total shit.

>just because you don't agree with the opinion doesn't automatically make it shitposting.
But throwing buzzwords and insults is shitposting. That's what Sup Forums thinks critiquing is.

Agreed OP. Also this show was canceled just as it was actually getting good.

Way to show how you're devoid of an actual argument. And also have shit taste.
derp.ibooru.org/976379
derp.ibooru.org/976762
thehorsewife.tumblr.com/post/128738751510/there-really-isnt-peanut-butter-fund

Okay.

There's a lesson to be learned there with Samurai Jack revisit vs. Twin Peaks revisit, namely that fans don't really have a coherent idea of what they want and it's better to disregard them entirely and pursue your own bizarre interests than it is to try to audience-pander only to end up having them hate it anyway.
Like no matter what anyone thought about Twin Peaks: The Return it didn't really matter because Lynch just made it according to his own standards for where the work should go. If everyone hated it, that'd be fine because he still got to do his own thing, and if everyone loved it that'd be even better.
Genndy on the other hand obviously wanted to the fans happy, which made the revisit a failure when they ended up not being happy despite his best efforts.

Fuck you, I liked it.

>Twin Peaks
I live under a rock and don't have cable. What? This was a thing?

>Genndy on the other hand obviously wanted to the fans happy, which made the revisit a failure when they ended up not being happy despite his best efforts.
Gennedy sacrificed the episodic nature of the show which a huge part of the shows appeal and killed off some fan favorites and used others for cheap references/fan service in the ending. Added in a romance plot that dragged on.

How is this pleasing anyone?

Had me dying user

>Genndy on the other hand obviously wanted to the fans happy, which made the revisit a failure when they ended up not being happy despite his best efforts.
No, he tried to leverage what the fans wanted with what he wanted, and he ended up fucking everything up because of it.

>fan service
>How is this pleasing anyone?
You're conflating intent with actuality. I obviously agree that it didn't please fans, that was the whole point of what I wrote.
It was his intent to please fans, which is literally the only reason you would ever do fan service. Like that's exactly what the phrase "fan service" means: trying to please fans.

You think it would've been good if he made the entire thing nothing but what fans wanted?
I think that would make it even worse. Like it'd be an entire season's worth of that one episode where Ashi travels around and everyone tells stories about how great Jack is as old characters make cameo appearances.

>See this character from episode X?
>isn't that cool they showed up for this final battle?
>they get one line and never speak again
>killed off the Scottsman and made him a blue Jedi ghost so he can be how he was before the time skip
That's the level of fan service we got. It was obviously shallow and tacked on to the story he had already written. If his intent was to give fans what they wanted it was a failure and you could have seen that when the script was submitted.

If you want to argue intent. What I'd ask what the intention for these moments was?

>If his intent was to give fans what they wanted it was a failure
I don't see how you're disagreeing with me. My argument is that he tried to please fans and it didn't work out well.
>What I'd ask what the intention for these moments was?
To try to please fans.
Like what else would you try to pander to fans with a new season of Samurai Jack? I don't think any answer to that question is going to be an award winning formula for quality writing. The way to do quality writing is to stay true to your artistic vision and don't give into the temptation to try to pander to fans.

Only good thing about it were the first 3 episodes.

Ashi was a complete and total mistake. You don't introduce a new main character and revolve the entire plot around rather then the pre-existing characters. Especially if the show's returning from a 10+ year hiatus. That's fucking writing 101. Not sure what Genndy was thinking; maybe he was a hack all along, or just didn't care anymore. Or maybe he's one of those kinds of directors who needs a strict leash around their neck, or the whole thing falls apart to ego and self-pandering.

Fuck you, I liked it.

you expected what? the entire world gathering behind king jack fighting/distracting Aku as Jack comes in for the kill and everyone from jump good to the scottsman preventing/slowing Aku's escape in one bigass final battle that which only had a 5ish year timejump and Jack could not return to the past but made do and made the world a better place?

>I don't see how you're disagreeing with me. My argument is that he tried to please fans and it didn't work out well.
I'm saying that on paper it's clear that his implementation was going to fail to accomplish that. Any attempt at fanservice past the initial hump was at best a bandage.

>The way to do quality writing is to stay true to your artistic vision and don't give into the temptation to try to pander to fans.
It sounds more like you just blame the fans for pressuring Gennedy rather than accept that his own vision wasn't that good when he finally made it.