Königsberg was founded in 1255 on the site of the ancient Old Prussian settlement Twangste by the Teutonic Knights...

>Königsberg was founded in 1255 on the site of the ancient Old Prussian settlement Twangste by the Teutonic Knights during the Northern Crusades, and was named in honour of King Ottokar II of Bohemia.

What went so wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BLawINqfGeg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

ruskies

Churchill

OY VEY Those digits. I say (((Roosevelt))) and Churchill.

Is the damage too deep for Königsberg to rise again?

I think all of the historical population that were born there have died of old age. Their Children don't have the same attachment to it that the parents did, which is a shame really...

There has been some efforts by some people in the German business community to re-establish a German presence, and even cooperation by the Russian authority, however, all efforts have been sabotaged by the German government and European interference. Gorbachev wanted to hand it back to Germany during the Soviet collapse, but the German government was afraid of being accused of expansionism in the east...

This is one of the worst humiliations brought on to the German people
that is noticeable to this day

also the old city was completely destroyed in the battle and pretty much was rebuilt from the ground up.

and getting it back would just create a similar situation as to pre ww2 with it separate from Germany since Poland is obviously never going to give back Danzig.

The destruction of the Prussian culture and identity is what will lead to the destruction of Germany.

This.

Königsberg was once a beautiful Prussian city of culture and fine architecture.

Communism utterly ruined it.

My family remained after Soviet occupation, most Prussians fleed. You would never know now that it was once a beautiful crown jewel of Germanic cities.

Very sad.

But on the upside, when we nuke the EU I'll get to see the ICBMs launch.

F

Prussian culture and identity is what led to the destruction of Germany.

Twice. Though they have replaced it with something equally horrible.

>WW1
Treaty of Versailles, Germans lose Danzig and a land connection to Königsberg
>WW2
Germans lose Königsberg

Some idiot thought you could do an Eulerian circuit through all the bridges, that's what.

Both times brokered by your people

>tfw you will never attempt and fail to solve the seven bridges of konigsberg algorhythm

Yeah, totally not Russia/USSR's fault.

>implying you didn't control the USSR, kike

Danzig, and the west prussian territory have been forever lost. The territory of east Prussia was cut in half, half of which belongs to Russia with Konnigsberg in that part, half of which belongs to Poland which has mostly trees and swamps. I think the Polish would be willing to part with that half if given a sweet EU deal or something... The trick would be to get the RUssians to give back the other half...

REEE I WAS GOING TO POST THAT YOU CUNT DELET UR POST

It definitely is, only repopulating the entire city could rescue it. My grandpa went back to see his house right after the iron curtain fell and a lot of buildings were replaced by commie blocks and most of the historical buildings where in a horrible condition. But if a magic fairy would give East Prussia back to Germany and they where looking for voluntary settlers I'd be in for it.

>didn't
>implying i don't still

>between 1255 and 1945 Köningsberg NEVER got destroyed by war like many other medieval cities
>one of Europe's prime medieval cities with many beautiful monuments and prime architecture
>rekt beyond repair in 1945 and utterly neglected afterwards
>tfw you'll never get to see the magnificent city
Hurts everyday. At least the Poles rebuilt all the stuff they got. Russia just let it sink into Africa tier.

>Königsberg
whats Kaliningrad like now? Are you restoring the city castle?

This: Also you people were behind the treaty of Versailles - had nothing to do with Russia.

Better they did, ever been to Germany (especially east)? The modernist/brutalist garbage they built to replace the beautiful old buildings is an even bigger crime.

On the level of crimes against humanity.

Commie blocks like every other ex-soviet shithole.

No, I don't think the castle will ever be restored.

Right in the fucking feels user.

>What went so wrong?
One word: Russians.

At least Kant's grave is still there

Yeah, a series of wars m8.

Yeah, modern Germany is a mutilated crippled old man compared to what it once was.

Even cities in the west like Münster and Köln are forever scarred due to the war. A bloody shame.

Fully agree.

I feel you

What do you have against commieblocks?

Would you rather live in pic related?

> Get commiecucks in charge
> Wonder why there's suddently 30 mil less people around
Yeah what could it be.

An American could never understand the beauty of Prussian cities.

All the Zargrads are belong to Third Rome, which is not "H'"R"E.

Germany used Poland as cover from the Russians, not an excuse. Also apologize to
all the Polandbros

>2 car garage
>hot and cold running water
>flush toilets
>central heat and AC
>200 Amp electrical panel
Fuck yes

Nope, too many commies in too many commie blocks and too little germans living there.

Even if Germany or anyone else could get it, it would still be full of commies in commie blocks.
And that populace is extremely hard to influence in any way.

So yeah, it`s way beyond saving.

Allahu Akbar!
The U.S. must take Monroe Doctrine now.
The U.S. must withdraw American Forces from all Foreign Countries now.
Stop America's doing its all wars now!

I love American99% and the U.S.

China, Germany and Japan must loosen Germany's, Japan's and China's monetary policies now!
China, Germany and Japan must stimulate Germany's, Japan's and China's domestic demands now!
Japan and Germany must issue a lot of construction bond now!
Japan and Germany must reduce Germany's, Japan's and China's taxes now!
The U.S. must tighten its monetary policy now!
As a result, Dollar value will rise!
The U.S. will have trade surplus!

Japan, Germany and China are evil empires.
Islamists' true enemies are Japan, Germany, China, FRB, top1%, Wall Street, American Military Industry and DOD!
Allahu Akbar!

>200 Amp electrical panel

You could pull 48kw og pure power! Take that commies!

>tfw that comfy little island in the middle is now a motorway

I'm coming clean. I'm a fourth generation pure-blooded Prussian whose family came from Danzig. Do you know how it feels having no ethnic or national connection to anything but America? Fucking awful. love knowing my potential greater family was completely murdered by the Polish and Soviets six decades ago. My homeland is Michigan now, which is slowly being encroached on by nogs. The arabs are actually okay here, but the nogs ruin everything.

I just want to go home. I don't feel a connection anywhere.

>They ruin the skyline
>Too big, they're inhumane
>Sound-proofing is crap
>They are built with panel technology, so if there's a gas explosion in the lower levels, the entire building will collapse or burn down
>Ugly as fuck, just like every building built after 1953

>What went so wrong?
Everything ...

MUH...MUH... MUH... MUHERRITUUUUUGGGGEEEEEEE!!!!

Oh yeah, this is waaaay better.

What I love most about commie blocks is that they are cold and that precision is the last thing anyone thought about while building them.

the forests are a German's friend

Good, fuck Teutons T B Q H.
Russians strip mining the whole place for Amber isn't any better, though

They should've give it to us.

>They are built with panel technology, so if there's a gas explosion in the lower levels, the entire building will collapse or burn down
god damn.

>commie blocks is that they are cold
Nah. I live in the north behind the wall and they are not cold.

There are engineer standards to build commieblocks and you probably couldn't follow them.

No, Prussia should have remained Germanic. visiting Poland is less sad than here, but seeing German erased and replaces with Polish names is tragic too.

Churchill

USSR was formed thanks to gold sent to Russia, together with Lenin on a train from Switzerland.

The gold came from German banks and was given to Lenin to destabilise Russia(which was in defensive right now but Brusilov offensive few months back in time served as a living proof that they're not beaten yet).

All of it was ordered by Kaiser Wilhelm II but the idea came from the actual architect of battle of Tannenberg - Max Hoffman.
Nah, fuck Germans, they're the scum on earth.

>this beautiful classic german city is now a bunch of commieblocks

Isn't this where Immanuel Kant is from? The father of reason, father of modern philosophy? His Homeland is no longer in Germany. But a country which hates democracy.

Also:
>They were not built for eternity. Everyone knows that these houses are ticking time bombs. 40 years and the steel structures will start to rot away, which will make these houses extremely unstable.
>Asbestos everywhere. pulling down these houses is rather problematic
Vid related, this is what happens to commieboxes if there's a gas explosion:
youtube.com/watch?v=BLawINqfGeg

Chicago?

A minus for me - I live in the top corner of the building.

And yes, the walls are, in a very literal sense, inclined.

And while there were standards for them - let`s not fool ourselves with the idea that the average work force at the time actually took their time to follow them.

The commie buildings here are quite sturdy, glorious Tito was not cheap.They will survive all the building made today.Will survive earthquakes

It's just what Russians do. Thank you for the cultural enrichment, Ivan :DDDD

Modern Germans, yes. But not Prussians of old.

Prussians of the old weren't Germans though.

The "people" you call Prussians are nothing more than Teutons who were still alive after the blunder at Grunwald

>would you rather live in a comfortable spatious house all for yourself with a garage and piece of land or a tiny shitty flat divided by paper thin walls from a hundred other tiny shitty flats in a grey gloomy azbestos moloch with bums pissing in the staircase to the sound of a man beating his wife next door
gee give a moment to think

The suburban homes un that pic are most likely prewar and therfore well built

>What went so wrong?
Jews, Slavs, Anglos... take your pick.

Did commies give you dachas in Poland? You know pieces of land outside the cities?

I like how you paint old commieblocks in funny colours, and that the Polish middle class move to suburbans with more enthusiasm than in Russia. Poland is less urbanized so it comes more naturally.

Yellow Prussiate of Soda
Included in McSalt

All of Prussias achievements were won by the men of the Mark of Brandenburg. East Prussia was always full of faggots who never send their share of men and money for the battle.
What we perceive as Prussia is really Brandenburg, Berlin and later Silesia acting under the name of Prussia for the sake of Kingship.

Fuck no. Thank god I don't live in that hell hole of corrupted a city.

>Königsberg was founded in 1255 on the site of the ancient Old Prussian settlement Twangste by the Teutonic Knights during the Northern Crusades, and was named in honour of King Ottokar II of Bohemia.

Exactly that - the genocide and extermination of the Old Prussians. Same goes for Riga and the extermination of the Livonians.