ITT franchises you're surprised never got turned into a saturday morning cartoon

ITT franchises you're surprised never got turned into a saturday morning cartoon

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LpRuTV4fpxE
youtube.com/watch?v=1t_4YclrGqM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I would have watched the FUCK out of a Crash Bandicoot cartoon, not gonna lie. Shame that pursuit never went anywhere back then.

You have no idea OP.

Thats still my favorite fighting game ever made.

Thinking about it, there aren't a whole lot of Sega IPs that wouldn't make a good saturday morning cartoon

first off, fuck off back to Sup Forums

second, what in the hell would a Primal Rage show even be... the "characters" didnt have personalities, the whole point was them being animalistic killing machines...

Bullfucking shit.
The game had a story and it was BALLS TO THE WALLS INFUCKING SANE.

They tried. Wish this would've happened.

youtube.com/watch?v=LpRuTV4fpxE

youtube.com/watch?v=1t_4YclrGqM

Well, someone didn't bother reading up on it.

Not that the original concept would translate to kids cartoons, though...

There was a book back in the day that followed the cult leaders of each dino god and it was actually a pretty decent read.

Double dragon got a cartoon, toy line, and movie. All the game was about was 2 dudes trying to rescue a girl from some thugs.

I always thought it was a pretty shit game, but with all the merch and action figures(which were actually quite good) it got I would have figured a shitty cartoon would have been produced by someone.

>second, what in the hell would a Primal Rage show even be... the "characters" didnt have personalities, the whole point was them being animalistic killing machines...

No it wasn't, like someone else said the game had a story and all of the monsters had individual goals/personalities. And besides, you act like they didn't make up stories for video games they turned into cartoons all the fucking time like they did with Double Dragon, Street Fighter, and Mortal Kombat, none of which actually resembled the games mythos at all. They could easily make another generic show about good monsters vs evil ones using the Primal Rage brand.

Came close. Twice.

Remember the Chaos Effect toyline? With the mutant dinos? Was meant to tie into a CG cartoon.

Problem is, how would they insert the token kid friend who tags along?

Not really, the original plan was to have those in-game, as in the intro and ending of the game would've been fully animated in 2D, however Sony being retarded as always said "No, we need to focus on 3D!" and so it was all 3D

Wouldn't they be part of the beast's cult?

Not the most kid friendly method, but it works. I mean, its post apocalyptic. Mankind is reduced to tribal warfare and could be killed at any minute, possibly by their own god.

Still, could be worse. They could be, like, superheroes who live in a kid's basement or something, and Diablo is now a cliche 80s cartoon supervillian.

Oh I'm sure they could think of something. They made Toxic Avenger kid friendly and cliche and managed to make a cartoon out of Creepy Crawlers of all things, that's like making an Easy Bake Oven cartoon, I'm sure they could pull some shit out of their ass for Primal Rage

it wasnt more ridiculous than Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, just more bloody

I never knew Crash was retarded

Dude, that's basically Crash's whole shtick. He's a lovable retard.

They actually made an animated pitch for this one.

>God of hunger
>devours everything in it's path
>good side

what the fuck

Vectorman was great but the game wouldn't have enough to make a cartoon in itself. Unless they add in a lot of original content, maybe make it a bit different. For example, humanity has already returned, and they fight Warheads army together with Vectorman. That could allow for a supporting cast. Half the episodes would also have pollution stories, like with Vectorman cleaning up some part or needing to make sure that this nuclear waste is properly disposed or so.

Just have either random stories from 1 random guy in each Gods country, or have a regular crew who are travelling the globe for some goal, doing favours to gods and so and so in order to proceed.

He's Neutral. The "good side" thing was just for the toys.

Especially considering how many comics got a show in the late '80s to mid '90s.

The Loud House?