Creation vs Evolution Thread

Which one do you think is true? What questions could be used for and against what you believe is true

Other urls found in this thread:

godandscience.org/youngearth/paradise.html
godandscience.org/youngearth/genesis.html
icr.org/article/evolution-hopes-you-dont-know-chemistry-problem-wi/
humanbiologicaldiversity.com/~humanbio/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onchocerciasis
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>implying the evolutionary process wasn't set in motion by the Creator

>Implying young earth creationism isn't high heresy.

Is there really any evidence for creation?
If you don't believe in evolution, then how do you explain differences in IQ among the races?

Though creation is fine, religions and mythologies are interesting.

I'm not doing your homework for you you piece of shit.

THE EARTH WAS CREATED IN 7 DAYS 5000 YEARS AGO DEAL WITH IT DEUS VULT. GOD PUT DINO """FOSSILS""" IN THE EARTH TO TEST OUR FAITH.

>evidence for creation

the only "evidence" they ever provide is "this tha complex to be evolutionary, thafo creation"

Evolution through creationism

Creationism provides absolutely 0 use in understanding the world, whereas Evolution is a practical theory that can be applied to lots of situations to better understand or influence them.

It's not a matter of truth or fiction, it's that one theory is completely useless whilst the other is not.

there's no strong evidence for creation
however I'm willing to accept any real evidence of a creator

who gives a shit.
the question is irrelevant.

>can create life at will
>creates microscopic bacteria and waits billions of years

evolution proposes that adaptive traits are accentuated over time because they help a species procreate and survive. it's impossible to think this is wrong

it also proposes maladaptive traits lead to less reproductive success and are phased out. how can that be wrong?

the argument was how quickly it could happen, and mutationism was popular for a while

((((((creations)))))) implies a supernatural being sympathetic to us created earth and animals for some fucking reason and then created a billion other planets with no life on them. and when people start to worship this supernatural being they think they can communicate with it and it gives a fuck about them

>implying billions of years is a long time to an immortal being

that's like a weekend for God

>Which one do you think is true?
The one that isn't a myth dreamed up by desert barbarians.

The Bible says G-d created everything in six days. The Bible is true. Therefore evolution is a fag theory that isn't real. If you disagree with this you are a fat autistic fedora-tipping nerd loser. Pic related: believes in FAGvolution.

lmao look at that homoqueer i'll bet he even has a degree like some kind of faggot baka

I can't believe you Americans still have this debate, it's not even a debate its just retarded!
Read On the Origins of the Species and get back to me.

>this is even a debate anymore in Amerilard

Can't wait for Trump to lose.

>Delusion vs Autist thread

pls no.

Why can't creationnist just rely on the fact that God could have created everything through the Big Bang, including the evolutionnary process ?

>I can't believe you Americans still have this debate,

Please don't lump us in with Trump voters. We are red pilled evolutionist atheists who will vote for Hillary!

>False flagging this much
godandscience.org/youngearth/paradise.html

godandscience.org/youngearth/genesis.html

Evolution is true. The difference in cognitive abilities between Sub-Saharan Africans and Western Europeans proves it. Either that or god just hates niggers.

You messianists need to stop taking genesis so literally.

t. actual jew

I think that behaviour is genetic so whichever side slaughter the other will win.
I am personally on the side of reason, so i will do my part in slaughtering the religious, the superstititous, the virtue signalers, the women, the subhumans, the chinese, and that guy in front of my house.
Praise be to the KKKS

Religion is blue pill.
A book tells you how to think, how to act, what to do, oh and don't forget to donate to your church and pay your taxes!
Anyone who think they are red pilled but still follow some dusty old tome are seriously mentally ill.

That being said, there's probably a being greater than us, but they probably also don't give a fuck about us.

*tips fedora we learn about Darwin and the origin of species in like 8th or 9th grade maybe even earlier

H-holding hands is lewd user.

Oh yeah you guys are really known for being trustworthy

So that image is trying to say that Americans we're created but Europeans are smarter because they are more evolved than Americans?

Stay radical faggot. People like you have no place in society, and even if you "win" you will be hanging by a rope by your own government. So enjoy the ride!

old earth creationist, so like a centrist but not as retarded. The Creator nudged everything along but was not autocratic in this regard

Christcucks think the world is only 6,000 years old

Just let that sink in

You lot removed him for some writer. shame on you.

Only people with nigger levels of intelligence deny evolution, it's a scientific fact like gravity, low iq niggers who deny it deserve the lethal injection.

Mike Pence general?

>can create 100 stories buildings
>takes fucking years
fucking dumb amirite xDDDD

>creationist explaining why the water bear can survive in space
DEUS VULT
>evolutionist explaining water bears
SCIENCE VULT

>obeys his own laws of evolution

its actually very redpilled. You never even read that book so you have no idea whats in it. Thinking you are smarter than 6000 years of generations that come before you and not having the willpower to live life with morals is bluepill liberal degenerate bullshit

We literally have inactive virus dna in our dna at exactly the same spots monkeys do.
Guess god put them there after he was done putting fossils in the ground.

If god didn't create the earth then why do the continents fit together so perfectly? As if they just drifted away from each other.

>old earth creationist, so like a centrist but not as retarded. The Creator nudged everything along but was not autocratic in this regard
why would that be a better explanation than coincidence?

But why they drifted away?
They were so perfect together!
:-(

>that pic

The cringe is real.

I'd say that treating what we know about life as evidence for creation is very insulting to the creator. If life is the product of millions of years of naturally selected miniscule changes then all the mistakes make perfect sense. If life is the product of a divine being, they were incredibly sloppy when they got to work.

Evolution seems legit

More legit than "lol I put the fossils there to test your faith"

Creation is as much a theory as saying "god did it" to explain every phenomena ever is. Evolution has a shit ton of evidence for it and has been a useful tool in many scientific studies, if Evolution is somehow false than the last 100 years of science regarding life would no longer make sense.

Evolution cannot explain creation.

>What questions could be used for and against what you believe is true
I'm rolling with the Omphalos hypothesis. So, none~

"Eh, fuck it, it will do. No one comes to see it, anyway. Sheesh."

Some think it's 2016 years old

>implying there is anything special about the current time just because you're here for it
What a fuckin narcissist.

and it doesn't claim or try to you stupid shit

nobody reply to the tripfag, it'll be a circular argument that always ends at 'prove you exist' or 'prove anything exists'.

Creationism. Abiogenesis is crap and genetic limitation keeps things from turning into other things by sterilization.

Arguments Against:
>Hurr durr magic sky daddy
>I don't really have enough faith in God to stick my neck out for Him, so I'm going to go with the loudest idiot just so people don't make fun of me--even if the science behind it is ridiculously flawed

because it's easier to explain there being a Higher Being that caused energy rather than matter and anti-matter suddenly appearing and then creating everything

one is based on a thousand year old meme book
the other one on modern science and observations made within our time

take a fucking guess

> special for me, because I exist in it, a speck of sentience, a little atoll of awareness in the infinity of space-time

Protip: evolution is a prime example of dynamic intelligent design. Evolution repairs mistakes and stores heritage/life encounters genetically.

>but creationism and evolution can't be the same thing

Only to a juvenile minded person or a spiteful child who wants to lash out at theological ideologies because mommy and daddy were hardline judeo-christians.

Cletus gets it. The Bible is infallible.

That's an awfully big oversight for a supposedly omniscient being. Then again, creating a talking serpent and letting it hang out in the one tree you've forbidden your greatest creation to eat from is pretty dumb too.

>we came from a fish

>fish magically could walk

>walking magic fish could magically breathe air

>air breathing magic waking fish became an ape

>ape became us

People believe this shit??

>creationist
>evidence

The Lord God wanted us to learn a lesson about the importance of togetherness.

>Higher Being
as in a conscious singular entity?

where does it exist?

>caused energy rather than matter and anti-matter
are you the 8gag IRC group that uses scifi logic to try and prove your reasoning lol

well we'll skip all that i'm done arguing about religion on the internet

>Which one do you think is true?

The theory that's actually testable

It is we who are saying that it's his greatest creation. Little self-serving, isn't it?
Maybe this entire universe is just a shitty first mold or failure.

Evolution is true, it's actually been observed. You have to be a special sort of idiot to be a creationist, must be why it's so popular in the US.

No one says the earth's existence is evidence of evolution. To say such a thing would be incredibly stupid. The earth being there with everything on it doesn't equate to evidence for any sort of natural selection. You only find evidence for evolution when you look at the ecological systems themselves and their heredity.

But the continents doing fine anyway. North-America has a tenous relationship with South America, Europe is slowly closing on Africa, while India buttrapes old Asia. Straya shitposts from a far and Antarctica is a frigid white bitch.

Genesis 1:27, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Who's to say that the process evolution didn't happen at the hands of a conscious deity or advanced life form above? I don't believe in any of our religious hokum or the circlejerks of corruption they form on our politics, but it would be foolish (and in all honestly narcissistic) to pretend that there's no possibility of something out there that put our world into motion, or that we understand even a fraction of what's out in the wild black yonder of space. We'll keep using trial and error in our scientific ventures until we do find what's out there, or maybe what isn't, and stay excited for whatever more we learn.

I googled that. Looks like an interesting theory, Thanks!

The problem with creationism is that it pick ups usually outdated errors in our understanding and says "HEY LOOK THIS IS WRONG THAT'S WHY CREATION WAS TRUE" while basing their stuff entirely on Bible.

Now Bible isn't cooking book but we're not starving, neither we are eating only the food described in it(in fact very few Christians actually ate real middle-eastern bread). That's because when God inspired people to write it, he knew we can figure out cooking by ourselves, the morality is something we CAN'T figure out(to turn out in the exact same way it really is - God, after all is the only being that knows what's RIGHT, not good or wrong but RIGHT).

Same goes for biology or physics or whatever. You can take entire Bible literally and think that bats are birds, while irl they are mammals but you can also look at the non-moral parts as a metaphor or simplification, written in a way that makes it easily digestible for the crowd who may not know the beauty of mathematics or physics.

god created evolution

I think chemical chirality is a pretty interesting argument against evolution. It's been known about for quite some time, but there's no model for abiogenesis of pure chiral compounds, yet all living organisms have purely levorotatory amino acids due to the enzymes.

icr.org/article/evolution-hopes-you-dont-know-chemistry-problem-wi/

Yeah, I used to be a biblethumper, I've read the fucking book.

Big book of made up stories designed to make you "act right"

Nothing bore bluebilled than a big jewish rule book. Anyone who thinks religion is red pill is too far gone, completely succumbed to the brain washing.

>conscious deity or advanced life form above
here's an eye targetting parasite

mysterious ways am i right? :3

Antactica is a massive ice wall at the edge of the world.

>angry american voters
>being able to afford gardener

talk about being disconnected with reality...

What does a perfect being do with flattery? Or praise? He knows He's the best. All else is toadying

same thing extracted. it wasn't even the one i was looking for but you get what i mean

The Bible is a metaphor, as it was written by and for mortals. Taking this into account, it is interesting to see that the world was not created instantaneously in the bible, it took 6 days.
Moreover, the process starts with space, planets and so, then it goes on to geological events, then to life forms - the most complex ones at the end.

So my theory is that the Bible literally describes evolution, only the time scale is wrong and events are simplified so that they may be understood by people 2000+ years ago.

the one that is testable, verifiable and observable

Evolution.

Creationism is just a crazy idea for how one religion explains the origin of earth.

I SERIOUSLY doubt the majority of people that follow said religion have put alot of time into researching the various religions of the world and came to the conclusion that Religion #3679 is true and all others are false.

In most cases id imagine this occured

>mom & dad: you praise "X"
>kid: okay, "praises X"

and when the kid shows some brain power

>kid : ive been wondering, Timmy says he believes in something else. Are there other Gods out there? is this just one religion?
>parents: Timmy believes in a "bad deity" and he going to hell for praising him! you dont want to go to "bad place Y" do you? then get back to praising "X"

>being indoctrinated by political organizations and their books

Never stop being sheep Sup Forums. Religious retards are only good for voting in Trump.

Where good old Ilyich waits eternally for the seizure of the means of production.

You don't need monochiral compounds, just enough time for a functional molecule to form. Nucleic acids can themselves act as rudimentary enzymes so that's one less step between randomness and functional proto-life and therefore several orders fewer of improbability.

When it comes to the mountain of scientific evidence supporting human biodiversity produced via evolution, the political left are the creationists.

The order is also wrong, as is the description of planetary and star formation.

Most of what is in the Bible is metaphorical. You don't read the boy who cried wolf and say "obviously this didn't happen and is a made up story. Into the trash; no further thought needed"

Creation and Evolution aren't at odds. Intelligent Creation and Abiogenesis are the two philosophies that should be at odds here.

Ignore the 'unsafe' warning. That's just Google trying to block wrongthink.

humanbiologicaldiversity.com/~humanbio/

Why did abiogenesis only happen once?

Why do all living species flower from the same tree?

Was there only one valid chemical recipe for life to surge?

>Miller experiment
>Genetic analogy and homology
>Inefficiencies in plenty of modern species that an 'intelligent creator' should have spotted
>Vestigial parts
>Micro and macro evolution easy to observe
>Russian domesticated red foxes slowly becoming more dog-like and plenty of other examples
>Mfw NT argues against most of what OT says anyways, no creation myth bullshit in NT

Still pretty accurate for dudes who believed that Earth was flat, and that it was the center of the universe.

here's the one i wanted
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onchocerciasis

don't get all quiet on me i'm not posting gore i'm making a point. if a creator exists it's more likely to resemble something out of lovecraft's work

Explain this, Atheist cuck.