"Captain Zhao!"

>"Captain Zhao!"
>"It's Commander now."

Why was he so smug about getting demoted?

>Captain without a ship

lmao

wait wasn't he promoted to admiral, though?

Somebody's going to have to give us a rundown of standard naval officer ranks.

I have Star Trek to thank for this knowledge.

You assume the naval ranks there are the same . He was a commander in charge of a fleet, making him better than someone in charge of one ship.

Ensign
Lt. Junior Grade
Lieutenant
Lt. Commander
Commander
Captain
Rear Admiral(lower half)
Rear Admiral(upper half)
Vice Admiral
Admiral

Really they should have used the term Commodore. Basically they tell their section of the fleet or whatever force they're assigned, they have a flag ship that they command from and they have a flag caption to captain that ship.

Ensign
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant
Lieutenant Commander
Commander
Captain
Rear Admiral Lower Half
Rear Admiral Upper Half
Vice Admiral
Admiral

I can only assume that Bryke were going by the army scale, which has Captain where Lieutenant is.

The Army doesn't have Commander as an official rank though. They're called Lieutenant Colonels.

That's another thing, is Zhao in the navy or the army? He seems to command across both land and sea throughout Book 1.

What if he was originally in the army, but got moved to the navy? It would explain how he jumps ranking systems.

I just assumed he went from like a ship's captain to an army commander.

Lt. Jr. Just sounds demeaning.

Applying American ranks to a fantasy world is retarded. Even by Americunts standards.

I know, but to be fair when I was a kid I also thought Commander was greater than Captain because it just sounded cooler.

OBSESSED

OBESED

Yeah, like Petty Officer. My sister thought I was being insulted

Kinda disturbing how aang thought letting him wander aimlessly and be lost forever to the spirit world was better than killing him.

That was the decision of the Ocean Spirit, not Aang. Aang was merely the conduit.

Air Force 2nd Lt. here. I wish they'd replace Major with Commander.

I've noticed that a lot of shows/comics/etc are strongly averse to using "Commodore" and will usually substitute "Commander" in its place. I think the suits are afraid that it's too much of an esoteric vocabulary word and the audience won't know what it is. Which is silly because even if you have never seen or heard the word "Commodore" before in your life, it means exactly what it sounds like, so anyone will quickly figure it out.

where's master chief at

Why did he keep getting promoted and given more soldiers despite losing to Zuko in an Agni Kai, failing to capture Aang, failing to capture Aang again, and accidentally burning his own ship?

Because the writers don't know actual military ranks, and think commander sounds cool.

Voltron does the same thing.

In space

NCO if I remember correctly.

Enlisted rank

The RAF has the coolest ranks

>squadron leader
>wing commander
>group captain
>air commodore

>air commodore
sounds like a pair of expensive sneakers

Only if you're a nig

he was

The firenation may not have a divided military system, or perhaps only the enlisted have different branches with a universal officers core.

>I just assumed he went from like a ship's captain to an army commander.
Assuming the firenation has a divided military, this is ridiculous.

Enlisted. Officers were listed.

Everyone stop being retarded. He got promoted to admiral.

>an industrializing nation having separate military branches
What an absurd idea!

Their military does seem rather small.

>Small
>Literally occupies the entire world

Locals can do that.

What if Azula had a penis? Would you suck it?

Of course, you don't just not suck a girls penis if she asks you to

Is it ok to let crazy stick their dick in you?

yes

it's also not gay for those wondering