Batman: The Devastator storytime

These tie-ins are always ripped late for some reason, so here we go

>Kryptonian infected with darkness: "I am getting stronger"

So is Devastator throwing Lobo into the sun going to be a thing in the JLA book or..?

Devastator went to a Hugo Boss emporium on Earth-0 and bought a suit just to destroy it in this meeting

Devestator not being from -45 really annoys me. I mean, it's a universe of Doomsdays.

Which Earth is it?

Yeah I don't understand why he's from the inverse of the Earth-One universe

And here they're making DCEU references with the spear and shit

Talk Shit, Get Hit: Reality's Constant

I guess each Dark Multiverse Earth isn't really a match to the regular. The theory was already starting to be stretched thin with -52 and 0 and -12 with the Batman Beyond.

-12 at least has some loose connection, the Batman Beyond world had the Batman/Wonder Woman brief relationship from the DCAU.

I don't think Batman and Superman have even met on Earth-1.

Still very loose. Batman/Wonder Woman wasn't even that big in the DCAU or the end game.

Murder Machine and FemBat still fit though. I guess each writer just chose a number and some chose to match with the regular Multiverse and others chose numbers for other reasons.

>Superwoman

Is her shit book canceled yet or what

It ends at 18, thank god.

Hey, The Guardian. Neat.

Since when could he fly?

>Firestorm
'sup I guess, haven't seen you in a while

I was surprised to see him too, was he actually established anywhere in rebirth?

When Devastator says Lois has a delayed reaction to the Doomsday virus because of absorbing Superman's excess solar radiation.....I think the amount of radiation you'd have to absorb for that would give you skin cancer

Bad taste in my mouth from this, METAL’s trying too hard to be something it can’t.

>No Lois, you are the Doomsday

Next week: The Batman Who Laughs

huh, interesting - the most sane Bruce immediately sees him as Joker, while others see him as Bruce

>LOL DEVASTATION GET IT BECAUSE THEY CALL ME THE DEVASTATOR
Wonderful, did a teenager write this horse crap?

Tynion wrote the words.

Would it have been better for you if they wrote destruction instead of devastation?
Do you realize how idiotic you sound now?

It's wrote that Napolitano wrote the letters.

Yes and? Tynion wrote the words.

This what acceptable, the alt-Batmen so far only really worked when they went full EDGE but this one shows a semi-realistic scenario where Bruce still thinks as Bruce. Too bad that makes the "Barbatos offers him to completely devastate another world and the whole multiverse and he immediately stands up to the task" a bit stupid, since the Devastator seemed to be more unhinged than downright evil, also he had been Doomsday for like 5 minutes at that point

When he became Batman.

take THAT Snyder!

Can't wait for the next issue, this alt-bruce is pretty sane for a dark knight

Seems like this superman was always lying. Fear of trusting for Batman.

The clumsy batman and alien like superman is kinda like earth 1.

Gaaay

>clumsy batman
>recreates doomsday virus
>alien superman
>stated as being the shining beacon of hope inspiring everyone before going bad
You're nuts.

cameo in Rebirth on the Death of Superman shot and in Nightwing #9

if he's not locked somewhere with J'onn and Shazam I riot, where the hell are they

5 minutes as Doomsday and killing his best friend is more than enough. It's the 'One Bad Day' theory that Joker keeps harping about. Normally, this wouldn't break Bruce, but in his dark verse, it was more than enough.

I am surprised none of the bats told Jokerbat to fuck off by now, or maybe its because we are only seeing the times his recruitments worked?

Letters on credits mean letterists, the people who make and fill the bubbles; the writing teams are always before the art teams

Yup I'm right

You're an idiot.

All this is dumb as fuck but I'm liking it, somehow

No you are retard.

Nah, I'm like super smart.

So to clarify the dark multiverse exists from everybody's fears and not just Bruce right?

Yes, which makes me suspect there are more than 52 worlds. Unless everyone in the regular universe only have 52 fears total. And like 7 of those fears belong to Batman.

I could see J. Michael Straczynski's Superman becoming like this. He was always kind of an edgelord. But that's admittedly a looser connection than a lot of the others.

I do find it amusing that the most powerful Dark Knight is contrasted against the least competent Batman though.

When the fuck is Supergirl getting cancelled or getting a soft reboot?

That could be the twist in this. It's not Bruce that had created them but the heroes themselves. Their fear of themselves going evil had created an evil version of Bruce to take them down when necessary.

It was explained that the dark multiverse cannot be observed, when we combine this with the fact that the universes die all the time its probably the case, I am hoping the dark multiverse sticks around as the trash can of the multiverse where all the bad ideas go, it would explain why there are only 52 worlds when there is an unlimited number of possibilities for "what if"s

I really liked this issue, i think it's one of the better ones

There has always been more than 52 worlds, the 52 is just the 'local' multiverse

This is movie Batman. And how Red Death is Miller Batman.

I figured that they'd be parallel to their positive universe. And the fears from people in the positive universe feed into the dark one.

You have a bad dream, it manifests in Earth -X as a serial murderer.

>turns out jokerbats killed the bats who said piss off
>someone turns against him because of this
I can almost see it

Personally I felt like it was one of the weaker ones same with the drowned.

Its fun in a stupid way

Really? I thought the drowned one was really bad too, but i liked this, at least until jokerbats comes around it was a pretty awesome take on Bruce x Clark

>somewhere out there, there was a plas-Batman

>Lobo jobs right away
I don't like it

Yeah that's pretty weak

Why does Doomsday Bruce sound a lot like a jilted ex-lover?

BvS except Batman doesn't win and he's sexually attracted to Superman

I just didn't like how Clark turned heel all of a sudden without any cause.

>final issue
>everybody is gonna die
>suddenly a portal opens
>a black bat-bybicle exits through it

Braaaap

There is this point where a friendship between two men is so intense it sounds homoerotic as fuck even though neither of them have that in mind

Change Devastator to DCEU Batman. This had the spear, BvS movie with Doomsday as well as Batman fighting Superman as well as the complaint about Superman being darker and edgier in the movie.
Also change Red Death to old Dark Knight Returns Batman. The issue had mutants and references to getting old and other references to Miller's comic.

The story isn't about that, it's about how Bruce handles it.

What is earth 1 btw?

Maybe that's the connection.

>Red Death is from Earth -52 because Miller's Batman is the canon future of Earth 0 (at least according to Miller himself).

>Devastator is from Earth -1 because Earth 1 is the closest universe to the movies, what with the superheroes all being young and inexperienced.

It would’ve been better, also fuck your opinions.

The Earth-One graphic novels universe, JMS Superman, Johns Batman, Morrison Wonder Woman etc.

Yeah I know but the pacing was just awkward.

I actually really like the Devastator's bat symbol and how it looks on his suit in human form. It's pretty neat.

Ok thanks. All of these novels are independant from each others or they form a canon universe?

>Red Death is from Earth -52 because Miller's Batman is the canon future of Earth 0 (at least according to Miller himself).
That's dumb. In Miller's Batman GL's never lose their weakness to yellow.

So Devastator comes from a version of BvS (which is apparently Earth-1 of some kind) where Superman went crazy and Batman lost right?

-52 because the Flash and 52 are tied together and with the multiverse.
-1 because this world Superman is a strong symbol of hope making it closest to Earth 0.

i love that writting. Finally they adress the "batman could stand a chance against superman" problematic.

Super retard.

You mean like MJ in that story where the sex with Peter literally gave she cancer?

Sort of, but extreme exposure to solar radiation will literally give you skin cancer, especially if you're white. You don't have to make up radioactive spider-semen for that.

Also, they both have Old Bruce. It's just that Merciless never chose a successor.

Holy shit this issue was super gay

i want to hug supergirl

How does a universe of Doomsdays even work?

Is everyone a rampaging monster or their regular self but Doomsday?

The batmen above the dark knights are the positive multiverse equivalent of them.

ignore him, it's where Superdoomsday is.