Captain America

Will Waid fuck up? Probably, it's modern day Said

Other urls found in this thread:

www10.zippyshare.com/v/M9DGaDUH/file.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I guess it's the law that every new Captain America run must have a flashback to his origin.

>Only 10 years
HOW?

Eh, same as Supes a lot of the time.

I find it hard to believe that people wouldn't know of Captain America. Let's leave aside the fact that him being unfrozen would make national headlines, everyone would still have to know him as a WWII icon that's shown up in history books and pop culture.

The book does kinda hint that this is part of the aftermath of Kobik screwing with reality.

Marvel probably realized that making it 13 years was a mistake and are trying to backtrack.

No, the book hints that the flashback takes place shortly after Cap was unfrozen, the idea being that he wasn't that famous yet even though that doesn't make much sense.

But that makes even less sense than Kobik shenanigans .

It makes sense that in-universe there would be tons of conspiracy theories about the current Cap not being the same one as WWII. Especially since the government canonically really did try replacing Cap with fakes for years.

>led the world
*the US

>Nazis
*Germans

These have got to be the nicest MU civilians I?ve seen in years.

it's not bad but... man, was this free? This reads like a safe by the numbers free comic book day issue.

The art is great, no doubt. Otherwise...it's competently written but also pretty bland and not all that interesting.

What are your expectations for #700?

so far this was good, made me remember superman

It makes sense considering what it's following up. Honestly don't know where else they could go with Cap after Secret Empire.

It's really inoffensive and bland. Nothing worth praising but also not worth shitposting about.

>>led the world
>*the US
Stevil was gonna use the Cosmic Cube to reshape reality, sounds like a global threat to me.

>>Nazis
>*Germans
Steve seems like the kind of guy who would think that not all Germans are Nazis, so he would only want to fight Nazis.

Not being from New York helps. It's something about that city in MU that make every other person living there into prolapsed assholes.

>It's really inoffensive
Don't worry, I'm sure some Sup Forumsack will be offended by the white supremacist militia.

Encountering the realization of being the dream of a plot device living as a girl, but deciding that regardless of what his origin is, the only thing that matters is helping people since he is able to.

>Ten fucking years
At this point I'm fully willing to believe that Secret Wars was a full crisis that edited out the Marvel Universe continuity. You couldn't fold Spider-man's timeline in 10 years even if you tried. New Earth-616 is effectively different from "mostly unedited continuity" Earth-616

>You couldn't fold Spider-man's timeline in 10 years even if you tried
You probably could. It's the FF and X-Men timelines that are more fucked up.

Nice. I'll be picking this up. Maybe add it to my pulllist if it keeps it up.

No idea, I know he's gonna be fighting Kraven the Hunter in a few months. The bad guy of 700 will probably be whoever hired him.

Pretty sure people know who Captain America is but they weren't aware he was the original, hence why the lady asked for his name.

I can see the little kids not knowing about Cap since he was a historical figure and probably not covered in school until WWII was taught.

It definitely makes sense for the kids and I suppose they are the main focus

Man, can you imagine what WWII history lessons are like in the MU?
>Captain America and the Invaders
>Androids that shoot fire
>Atlanteans
>The Red Skull
>Master Man and Warrior Woman
>Giant super weapons
>Hydra
And that's just things that are public knowledge. Few people know that the Human Torch killed Hitler.

>The bad guy of 700 will probably be whoever hired him.
Probably Zemo.

>I started readinf comics when I was four
(I was a precocious child) and I loved my comics, my DC comics.

Oh shit, hahaha

Also this explains why Waid is a Cap fanboy.

The militiamen didn't know who he was either.

MTE

It's a one off intro to Cap and to remind people who he is after Secret Empire left people with a bad taste.

But this is more for comic newbs than comic fans.

The next story feels like it's going to have an actual story.

Nothing beyond the time period the MCU was around is important in Marvel now.

>I loved my comics - my DC comics.
AHAHAHAHA Holy shit. How is this printed? Is this a cry for help that he likely isn"t working on Action 1k?

How has Zemo not killed himself? He entered the arc barely scraping by with no assets coming off from being CUBED, he finally bonded to Steve after he also got CUBED, then after being a loyal boyfriend guy doing his bidding, he watched him get beaten and apparently killed while restrained.

Wow! Normal Marvel civilians who aren't assholes!

>How has Zemo not killed himself?
I ask that question every time he appears. He's such a fuck up. Like father like son I guess.

It isn't a secret that Mark Waid is a huge DC fanboy dude. Should he lie instead?

ULT CAP > nu-male captain

This comic is so pointless and probably written by a 9 years old. How can DC compare?

That's just like your opinion man. And thanks for trying to start a company war buddy.

>tfw no CapWolf t-shirt

When?

Me and my girl enjoyed this book. While it isn't great it's a good palette cleanser and a pretty descent one and done Cap comic.

Our biggest issue is the panel composition here Put a bit of a better artist on the book and I'm done with it as a solid Cap book.

For anyone arguing that Cap shouldn't be political: go fuck yourself; he was literally made so America would go to war with Germany. Also, when I say "political" I don't mean "identity politics". Book has a white dude in the American flag as the hero, not some secret Hydra agent.

It's Franklin Richards; he's the one who does the crazy timescale. Read a book,

>that smug Chris Evans looking face in the 5th panel

nice

He's bidding his time to save his husbando.

>slides in to grab the flag before it touches the ground
Based Cap

>Put a bit of a better artist on the book and I'm done with it as a solid Cap book.
>not liking Samnee
Your right about that page but every other page here is solid

That was pretty wholesome. I liked it.

Helmets probably dead. He was last seen being beaten by Bucky, who both has a SERIOUS hate boner from Zemo and who thinks (along with everyone else) was the real mastermind behind Secret Empire, not Red Skull

Especially since editorial is filled with faggy Stucky assholes who are probably dreaming of making that sweet Marvel movie money by permenantly making Bucky the leader of the Tbolts so they do the same in the MCU

Reminds me that they never revealed what happened to Kobik, Sharon, the Hydra Council, Zemo, the Thunderbolts or the Masters ov Evil.

It's actually surprising since it's Waid writing a post-Nazi Cap.

They never even revealed the New Kraken's true identity even though Spencer clearly set it up as a big mystery.

Captain America 695 (2018) (digital) (Minutemen-Slayer)
www10.zippyshare.com/v/M9DGaDUH/file.html

Spencer said in an interview that he never had resolution planned for the Kraken mystery but wanted to leave it for some other writer to play with. He said the same about all the mysteries relating to Elisa.

He is writing the NOT MUH to the 11th power Captain America. Outright reject the existence of any other as an imposter.

This was good. After Secret Empire, it's nice to see Captain America getting back to what he does best.

However, it's not hard to spot the subtle attempts to soft-sell liberal propaganda. The stronk girl standing up to protect her cowardly brother, instead of the other way round.

The brave womyn and the equally heroic minority, the latter bravely saving a white boy. The black woman draped in the American flag. It's still there, but now it's a soft-sell instead of being in-your-face. I can live with that, but you have to keep an eye out to make sure it doesn't spread. (Personally, I've always wondered why we don't have Captain America fighting Islamic terrorists and rooting out jihadis in the heartland.)

Actually I knew Waid wouldn't manage to rein himself in from the whole PUNCHING NAZIS maymay in that one page but I'm glad they actually took the opportunity to make the first issue a celebration of the character as opposed to "AND NOW HERE IS STEVE IN A WORLD OF SHIT".

You can't be serious.

He still drapes it in the girl which is still disrespecting the flag

Why wouldn't I be serious? This isn't even subtext, it's right there. I mean, I think it's commendable that they're toning the hard sell down, but it's still something to be cautious about. They even did the PUNCH A NAZI meme.

Waid probably knows he'll never touch Supes or anyone at DC again, so he's latching on the closest thing Marvel has

Same reason why they didn't have Captain America killing gooks in 'nam. Captain America is WWII war hero, and later wars are for different characters.

You know, Nuke is supposed to be the Captain America of the Vietnam era, but I've always felt that Frank Castle is the man who filled the role.

Liberals, 1940: Not all Germans are Nazis!

Liberals, 2017: Everyone besides us is a Nazi!

Well yeah, Captain Hydra was an imposter.

>Personally, I've always wondered why we don't have Captain America fighting Islamic terrorists and rooting out jihadis in the heartland
They already did that. Marvel Knights: Captain America. And it sucked, even with John Cassady on art.

Imagine living in a City where street crime is still at 70-80s level, and people who can shoot lasers from their eyes or flame from their hands commit terrorist level attacks daily.

I would probably be happy that heroes are around to save my life instead of yelling at them.

This is like the punch up/punch down message Waid tried to send in Champions, only less cloying.

If someone's nature gets changed by an external force, are they really an impostor to themselves?

Oh man, I've never read that one. I haven't even seen it on the sites. Is it that bad?

Marrying Sharon? I know the idea of commitment scares the shit out of marvel, but it would be nice

That's terrifying. The Hydra Cap is THE Steve Rogers, the one we've been following for years. The current Steve Rogers is a photocopy.

It's like, I dunno, if you had a change of heart. But then someone had a copy of your younger self, and they unleashed him to beat the fuck out of you. That's existentially terrifying, because THAT'S NOT YOU. It's a copy.