Did Wilbur deserve all the help he got?

Did Wilbur deserve all the help he got?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=O1MqFdvI0hA
youtube.com/watch?v=EKgflqkhv-s
youtu.be/2f5pGq0AFVk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Not really. He was just some pig.

He was a fine swine. Wish he were mine. So what if he's not so big?

In all seriousness, this is the wrong question.

He hadn't been around long enough to deserve anything. More about paying it forward.

Good story for breaking the inevitability of death to kids, and that instead of collapsing in nihilistic despair one can find joy and meaning in making the world a better place in one's small way, in spite of one's mortality.

Also good story for strong female characters without being pandering or social justicey. Just strong, good characters.

Yeah, the pig was whiny and useless at first. Can't blame him. Had a happy early childhood, then yanked out of it and thrown in a different world full of bullies, lonely as hell, then told he'd be bacon and there's nothing he can do about it. But he was loyal and thoughtful, and learned from Charlotte to pay it forward and be worthy of his unearned good fortune.

There's a reason this book has stood the test of time. It's really, really well done.

Debbie Reynolds's Charlotte will always be my favorite version.

I heard Debbie always wanted to voice Charlotte so when she had the chance to, she offered herself.

it worked wonders, that voice was part of the reason I had my first crush on a cartoon character.

Did Fern's family think she was crazy, since she talked to the animals and knew em by name?

How old was she. Wouldn't be surprising if she was too young to understand farm life, although she looks old enough to know how farm life works.

>good story for strong female characters
Because the only good female is a motherly one right?

This is exactly why we need feminism

old enough to start getting into boys, so 10 or 11, definitely prepubsecent but not like anything below 9

He would have been delicious.

user please....Charlotte wasn't a mom till after she died.

Imagine the awkwardness of Charlotte having to explain to Wilbur spider mating habits when Wilbur asks about her where her other spider is.

"O-oh, w-well Wilbur, When spiders like me find a suitable mate, we spend together to begin the process of making eggs in me, and afterwards I eat them."

"Charlotte gets some of the leftover bacon juices to suck up.

"So what? I can barely fuck him, let alone serve him for dinner!"

>sequel where Fern gets committed
>her only companion- aside from the guy in the next room who claims he's the AntiChrist- is one of Charlotte's daughters

>The Daughter of Charlotte agrees to help Fern in any way she can, if she can help feed her, as the mental institution here doesnt have many insects.

We get a Sequel of Charlotte's Web, one for each of Charlotte's other 511 daughters

No, Charlotte should've just eaten him.

The fact that feminists think that mofherly characters can't be strong characters is exactly why we don't need feminism. Mrs. Frisby is another strong female character and you'd probably disparage her because she chose the life of a mother and caretaker.

I know you baiting, but this reminds me of how retard feminists think that being a strong female character and a "motherly" character are mutually exclusive.

Some pig?

What about the spider, did you see that web?

So cunts like you can get in everyone's faces and let off some steam by bullying other people?

Charlotte is disappointed in you.

Reminder: there WAS a sequel.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=O1MqFdvI0hA

Being a mother , a good mother, is literally the best thing a female human can do with their life. Who knows, your son might cure cancer .

also being a father a good father is the best thing a male human can do/

>Implying there are those who don't deserve help.

Fuck you. You're making life worse for everybody.

>Spider writing words in its webbing
>Pig gets all the credit
???

Do-lang
Do-lang
Do-lang

He whined.

Someone draw Charlotte getting irritated by this.

Apparently it's even worse in the book where someone asks isn't the spider the special one, but gets instantly shot down saying it's obviously the pig that's special

So? If someone needs help, you help them. It's as simple as that.

I agree with ya, Im just being hyperbolic for my own amusement.

but still Charlotte deserved better/

I maek poost

good dubs! good post!

Charlotte would be proud.

Also Fuck Templeton.

yeah it was like seen as a divine intervention.

did anyone watch the 2006 remake?

Umm, sweetie, pigs can produce webs, too.

Hey, Temp was the lynch-pin to the entire operation. No Templeton, no words for Charlotte to write, Wilbur gets eaten.
He wasn't an altruist and was in it for his own selfish reasons, but the rat pulled his damn weight.

>believing (((Templeton's))) lies

Fat Templeton is sexy

I had this movie when I was really young. it was pretty good, hard to believe it was animated by hannah barbarah

E.B. White hated the animated version because it didn't have farting. I assume the remake didn't meet his approval either?

Those man-made frankenpigs don't count.

Templeton didnt deserve to get fat.

all together now!

youtube.com/watch?v=EKgflqkhv-s

>fucking anyone could'e gotten those labels from boxes an shit.

>AU where Templeton gets a slur and the others not really knowing how words are spelled use it, and Charlotte ends up writing "Fuck" or something in her web.

delete this

I'd argue you didn't deserve a thing from your mother, but here we are anyways.

Shut up Wilbur.

Pretty sure they said that in the movie and it just got hand waived away

I thought she wrote "Some Pig" specifically so people would understand that the pig was linked to the words that were popping up.

>It's okay to be swine

yes, but they were lucky the humans were retarded enough to see WORDS WRITTEN IN A SPIDER'S WEB....and think nothing of it cause it says "Some Pig"

nothing like "Well now, seems we got ourselves a pretty special spider here in the barn, must think pretty fondly of our pig here."

Disgusting.

Charlotte died FOR THIS!

Babe >>>>>>>>> Wilbur

Babe TACKLED A DOG.

Would you?

airbud could beat both

The one kind of person anyone would have wanted in their life, gone.

NO not this one.

Charlotte could beat all/

Sure.

People have whacked it to artificial bee insemination, someone somewhere probably does wants to fuck that CGI spider.

What would you feed Charlotte to ensure her offspring hatch healthy?

They really should have just eaten that pig after it got too old to do tricks.

Imagine a world were the limelight is hogged by talentless pigs.

Charlotte was resposnible for all of them.

>you now realize this classic American novel is not even subtly about cross-species shipping, and a deconstruction of shipping culture decades ahead of its time

Truly Charlotte should've eaten Wilbur, to make him her honorary mate, seeing as they are not biologically and physically compatible.

>Truly Charlotte should've eaten Wilbur
I was going to post this anyway, you just gave me a better reason

He is not a prey item nor a male spider. She would have no appetite for him.

Besides. Charlotte is far too motherly for that kind of stuff.

tfw I'll never Charlotte any bigger than this.

THATS why its honorary male spider dummy!

nigga wut

I was thinking of random shit from my childhood and remember this fucking song. Don't know why, and then I come into this thread and here it is. I swear I have the gift of foresight sometimes.

dumbass

I'm pretty sure that was what he wanted all along.

you may be inebriated

Charlotte wanted that too, it would make him easy prey. fucking rat deserves it.

Something about the shading and coloring in this is really off putting.

Dumb pig

whatever

dont worry user, i appreciate the joke

Templeton a cute! Cute!!!

SHIT

FUCKIN SHIT!

fucker, treated everyone like crap, got food, got Wilbur's trough, got a fucking musical number all to himself, and got fucking laid.

and Charlotte died not getting to see one goddamn child of hers hatch and no other friend other than a talentless whiny pig.

I love fat Charlotte

Wilbur would make it awkward by constantly asking stupid fucking questions and ruining her mood.

It's not really weird to talk to animals. I talk to my pets all the time. Now thinking they're having an actual conversation with you is crazy of course

its weird cause she CLEARLY knows them by name (for fuck's sake she knows Charlotte a tiny barn spider that technically isnt even owned by her family, she just lives there), but she never does anything with this knowledge of being able to COMMUNICATE WITH FUCKING ANIMALS!

dumb farm hick.

youtu.be/2f5pGq0AFVk

Templeton was a good boy and so was Wilbur, Charlotte died of natural causes and it was nobodies fault but mother nature's.

I knew it was that fucking whore Nature.

Damn cunt keeps killing all the trees.

Templeton probably infected one of Charlotte's meal when she wasn't looking, shortening her lifespan by a good 4 months.

Millions of pigs are slaughtered for food every single day.
Charlotte obviously could never save all of them.

But she still saved one.

something about that seeps voice and the tomboy spider got me a big boner as a kid

Does anyone deserve anything they get?