Supernatural shit happens

>Supernatural shit happens
>No one freak out or even reacts
Why this happen so frequently on modern cartoons? I don't necessarilly expect a mob with torches but normal people being apathetic to crazy shit take me off from the narrative even more than the so-called crazy shit. I understand when it's played by laughs but it happen to frequently on modern shows like svtfoe or SU. Is some kind of post-modern comment about diversity and tolerance? Because it's not working for me

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2Qy4EIvvVj4
youtube.com/watch?v=UPwk_5wQTWg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because the more real life logic (ie, acceptance, understanding) you apply to the supernatural, the more mundane it becomes.

WHO CARES POST SAILOR SCOUTS

Because you're blatantly trying to have a Sailor Moon thread.

Then what's the point of supernatural if it become mundane?

Xactly.

because we can't bog down the episode with everyone breaking down in an existential crisis every time Mercury best scout

>spoiler
A man of culture I see

Jupiter was best
any other opinion is wrong

Anyone who says anything but usuagi is filled with shit

Sailor Moon is good and all, but can the Ronin Warriors get some love too?

I didn't know that there existed people out there who even liked her let alone considered her the best.

Bunheads childish and stupid hut thats what makes her so cute

Usagi the best, and don't try to pretend otherwise.

It is because it's a trope of convenience. Older shows tried very hard to justify people not knowing about the occurrences, either through damage being kept to a minimum, or being explained away by some other reason, or later by creating an "alternate dimension" (for stuff like super sentai) where fighting can take place but no damage done. This is because the character's secret, and keeping that secret, was an important point of the show. Even when you go back to I Dream of Jeannie (close to the original of the "magical girl" concept) you'll see that letting Jeannie's secret out is a big deal - it would cause all sorts of problems - and so the conflict was not just solving the problem, but solving the problem in a way that doesn't arouse suspicion. Or, at least, that can be explained away.

In the realm of comic book superheroes, it was much the same thing. Having Superman or Batman's identity revealed was a big concern, and so keeping that secret (and in some cases, keeping their presence hidden) was a big deal.

Modern cartoons, comics, and even anime seem a lot less concerned about such things. They still have the secret identities thing, but they mostly pay lip service to the concept. It's there because it is expected to be there in the genre, not because the plot is about keeping such information safe. Instead, most of these have been about action and fighting, with revealing the secret intended to be a big dramatic thing. Nobody cares if Spiderman gets unmasked by the villain of the current comic arc, since basically half his rogues gallery has done so at some point. It's just used as a cheap way to build tension, alongside the action or character drama.

Or for the Japan side, Precure has long since given up the pretense of some sort of combat responsibility, preferring instead to use bigger fights and then just have everything magically revert back to the way it was before.

Take a quick look at the news over the past 10 years and you will find many things that previously seemed impossible and have now become mundane.
At the risk of this turning too much into Sup Forums, I'll cut this off by simply saying that even in the past year, people stopped being surprised by Donald Trump's actions, despite being a fairly unpredictable person whether they support him or not.

HOLY SHIT THAT'S IT!

user you have no idea how long the fever dream of this cartoon has been stuck in my head. 20 years maybe? I've had this vague memory of a kickass anime involving magic armor of some kind. Searches had yielded no results. But now I can find and rewatch it. Thank you user.

Also the armor of hard rock was my favorite.

This is why Ladybug does it so well for me - it keeps the newer combat responsibility rules because of her power to revert everything that got destroyed/killed, but actually adds weight to the masquerade, which lets you destroy famous landmarks over and over while still having major plot shifts occur should someone find out about either LB or CN.

I refuse to believe they are still in middle school.

I refuse to believe anyone has ever found them attractive. "Plain" doesn't begin to describe them.

Also what the fuck is this thread doing on Sup Forums?

Because the trope applies to modern cartoons in general, not just anime.

You never thought to just look up cartoon network/toonami line up over the years? Or was it just something you briefly saw at like 5 years old?

Like I said, it's been like the vaguest memory of a cartoon possible. Like, imagine having a song stuck in your head, but all you can remember is a bit of humming in the chorus. I had no idea what channel it was on, or even when. I think I watched it after school. But it could have just as easily been Saturday mornings.

Capeshit civilians aren't even sentinent, user. They don't remember any of the invasions, the alien visitations or the mutant wars and they only cogitize damage to their hive structure as: "Something's missing. Put it back where it belongs."

They hate mutants and fight aliens the way wasps do.

>They never did a crossover with Saint Seiya
Life is unfair.

Ah. Well grats on being reunited. I don't remember much of it either beyond it being entertaining.

This. It's better to just move on with the plot.

Imagine how much time would be wasted if every piece of fiction had to have people reacting realistically to this stuff.

What about Saint Seiya? It's basically the guy version of Sailor Moon.
Actually, Seiya came first, so Sailor Moon is the girl version of it.

Mars best girl

There's nothing plain about those legs

This is true

It works for Rider

Face is the deal breaker.

The body is always secondary.

I concur.

Something something suspension of disbelief.

Now post more Mars.

No.

It gets really old seeing people dealing with that stuff. It can go one of two ways, either the people who see it lose their shit and freak out, or the heroes have to explain it away. It is always written the same, there aren't really any interesting ways to write those exchanges. They are probably as tedious to write as they are to watch, especially if it's happening on a once-per-episode basis. So writers would just prefer to make no one care.

Better question: the Senshis' faces don't change at all when they transform. They don't even wear masks.

How can they possibly have secret identities?

OFC she is
>Same VA

Because of this
>youtube.com/watch?v=2Qy4EIvvVj4

At some point, they did wear masks. Also, they do tend to have makeup/lipstick and look a bit older when transformed - perhaps their Silver Millennium forms - and so it could be understandable that they aren't immediately recognized as a bunch of high schoolers.

However, the biggest factor is just that they're running around at night or along rooftops, and in places where nobody currently is. This is especially true in later story arcs, where they're in the center of the Earth of flying around among the stars. Nobody recognizes them because hardly anybody sees them. Sailor Moon (the manga, not the anime) didn't really get into many fights in public, and most of the bigger ones involved some flying monster or something else which didn't allow people to get too close.

also most of the fights were against the Weirdest Supernatural Lovecraftian shit

Lol no.

Not in English or Japanese.

Ronin Warriors, like a lot of Toonami shows, had a run on syndication before it was on Toonami. So he could have watched it then.

Why do magical girl comics tend to be crap compared to Sailor Moon, and it's not like Sailor Moon is a masterpiece to begin with?

>magical girl comics
What magical girl comics are you reading?

tried to read Zodiac Starforce... i'm sure there been other attempts

The only american magical girl comics I've liked have been Magical Drama Queen Roxy and Empowered and The Soldier of Love and that's because they make fun of the genre.

my negroes....she get's little love

>but it happen to frequently on modern shows like svtfoe or SU

In SU, magic people have always existed. I guess the question is more why the government doesn't try to involve them in politics, but you can assume that they tried and the gems refused to cooperate

Correct and before Venus officially joined the scouts she was basically the "Batman" of Tokyo. Everyone knew her and she even had merchandise. Nobody really talked much about the scouts when they joined up since they always took their fights away from people or at the North Pole or something.

Also this scene is THE BEST in English!
youtube.com/watch?v=UPwk_5wQTWg

>Also this scene is THE BEST in English!
Now I remember why I never got into Sailor Moon in the 90s. Or anime in general, really.

I'd settle for any of them really

desu these kinds of conflicts is when Rider is at its best.

You would settle for just about any girl in general.

What a waste of a post.

no, not uggos, crazies or just people wich I have no chemestry with.
All the scouts are great.

the actual reason is 'disguise magic'. she has an actual pen that just changes however she wants at almost any time.
so when someone is looking at them, they remember their facial features and pieces, but can't seem to put any of it together past general characteristics.

I kind of want to write a comic where a group of magical girls are formed, and they immediately fuck up the masquerade.
Everything gets blown open and a large part of the plot is the world reacting.
Would that be worth reading?

I hate the
>live in universe where supernatural activity is common and known by the public
>character refuses to believe something's happening because they think it's too silly
trope more.

im reasonably sure that's been done before but the name of it escapes me.

Well in that case I'll just use the other magical girl idea I've had bouncing around for ages, which involves a bunch of girls acting as a hit squad for an eldritch abomination until they figure shit out and it abandons them.
They still try to do their job but shit goes wrong quickly.

nah never mind, go back to the first idea.

I once had an idea of a magical girl, a sentai hero and a mecha pilot were all fighting separate nebulous evil when they were in their mid-teens until suddenly the evil just stopped appearing and all their powers/gifts just vanished and they live their lives normally until they hit 30 and it just all comes back without warning and they have to deal with having these fantastic adventures, losing them and then having to deal with them again after living a good chunk of their adult lives as normal people

Wait, they're middle schoolers? What the fuck?

welcome to anime

There apperance and personalities are hot as fuck

>1990s anime
>middle schoolers
>stacked as fuck

>2010s anime
>college graduates
>short and flat as grade schoolers

I wonder, what are your guys reasons for liking jupiter no hate just wanna know

Maybe in that universe shit like that happens all the time?

Also, more sailor scouts plz

I have an idea for a mgical girl that functions more as a comic book vigilante in the future, and most of the villains arent some big bad that changes each season, but rather smaller criminal villaisn like slavers, drug dealers, cybernetically enhanced cultists.

Not wearing skirts = no

Don't mind me, just posting the best, most underrated girl.

>tall
>athletic
>most physically developed
>ideals include cooking, running a flower shop, and being a devoted housewife
>she would fall completely for a guy who would stick with her
Basically, great looking physically and very devoted to whoever she hooks up with. She'd be great wife material, assuming you're willing to give her some freedom.

Oh yes, Jupiter is easily the best Sailor Guardian and best girl of them all. She just has the best combination of masculine and feminine traits. Strong and tough in battle, sweet and gentle in everyday life, an amazing cook, stylish, loyal and deep down, a girl just looking for love with lots of her own love to give.

It was a different time
Because shes always failing head over heels for some random guy she sees because she reminds her of the guy that broke her heart, also shes big and big girls are hot and can crush melons with their thighs. Physically shes probably the most attractive sailor because im a 5-foot faggot whos into girls being bigger and stronger then me, but personality wise ive always been partial to usuagi

What the fuck is wrong with you? What bizarre culture do you come from where the OP's pic is considered hot?

Fucking shit, they're borderline uncanny valley.

I like big eye cartoony looking characters. Thats sort of why i prefer 90s anime more. I fap to that much more then i do actual women

Interesting i also like jupiter for most of the same reasons.

But they don't just have "big eyes", they have weirdass, inhuman eyes. Also mouths, and noses, and fuck it - their entire faces are CREEPY.

(Oh, and also traditional cel animation is rather off-putting, with all those imperfections, though if they had great designs that wouldn't matter.)

>also traditional cel animation is rather off-putting

Oh. All this time we where talking to an idiot.

To clarify, I meant animation really needs digital inking to look good. 2D digitally inked animation is the golden standard in terms of visual quality.

Well i dont know what to tell you. Thats why i like them, and i orefer that to real women. Its almost as if it were a perfection of the human form. In fact, i love sailor moon so much i have this plushie i sleep with every night. Its kiteraly my favorite anime, and i find isuagi to be perfection incarnate. Also, much like film, animation before computers filled in the colors had a grit and level of aura of beauty more then modern animation or animes. Just look at cowboy bebop if you want to know what i mean.

The most useful thing the scouts can do to make the world better is to let me lick their legs

>grit and level of aura of beauty
No, they actually had disgusting grain that was completely random, and not up to the animators.

As for the rest of your post... you need help. Serious help. More than the average Sup Forumsmrade

>implying most faggots on Sup Forums arent like this in some way
Get out normie

OFFICIAL /A- I MEAN Sup Forums SAILOR SENSHI POWER RANKINGS
1. Moon
2. Jupiter
3. Mars
4. Saturn
5. Mercury
6. Chibi Moon
7. Pluto
8. Uranus
9. Venus
10. Pallas
11. Neptune
12. Vesta
13. Juno
14. Ceres
9000. Moon
9001. The Starlights

Sir Not Appearing In This List - Tuxedo Mask

If most Sup Forumsmrades sleep with waifu plushies, let alone preferring them to real girls (whether they're too ugly to get them is a whole different matter), I may have seriously misjudged this board. But somehow I doubt that's the case.

Man, I had such a crush on Sailor Moon as a kid. This thread brings back a lot of memories.

Fuck subs and fuck accuracy, she'll always be "Serena" to me.

In the childhood I considered her most balanced of senshi.
Sailor Moon is main character, its too lame to have her as a favorite.
Sailor Mercury is too fragile.
Sailor Mars is too harsh.
And I saw not enough episodes with Sailor Venus to understand her character.

>And I saw not enough episodes with Sailor Venus to understand her character.

Because "OMG magic, let's all freak out" gets really boring really fast. So lots of shows skip that and just get to whatever story they're trying to tell.

Usagi was the self-insert for girls. While the others were idealized--super genius, cool beauty, the strong "prince" type, and the perfect heroine--Usagi was a normal girl who stressed over gaining a few pounds while being unable to stop herself from gorging on snacks, who can't figure out how a computer works or how to act ladylike. She was clumsy rather than athletic and she wore her heart on her sleeve, overreacting to every situation in the way of a hormone-addled teen.

While the rest of the cast--especially in the original anime--are far from two-dimensional, Usagi had a genuine and authentic quality to her that made her a favorite for many.

>Jupiter wears high heels in her civilian form but not her sailor scout outfit
I don't quite understand....

Are you fucking joking? Do you know how many nuts have been busted over those girls?

>Mars was reverse
Also weird

I know that, you dumbass. What I don't understand is how - are male standards really THAT low, and even if they are how the FUCK do you find that attractive in the slightest?

Well Venus, Mars, and Neptune do wear fuck me shoes.

Isn't Tuxedo Mask guy in college? He's dating a middle schooler?

I don't understand your question.

This is how homosexuality begins