Wally cares about Barry more than his own dad and has called him Dad more than once

>Wally cares about Barry more than his own dad and has called him Dad more than once
>Barry cares more about Wally than his own children and even considers him his successor in more than just hero name
>Both characters require the other in some way in their characterization
Can we appreciate the best bond in comic book history for a moment?

>Barry cares more about Wally than his own children
I wouldn't go this far.

He has raised Wally more like a father than he did his own children and gave his family heirloom's to him rather than his own children.

>Can we appreciate the best bond in comic book history for a moment?
Sure we can

Then why is Wally dead with no help from Barry?

Does Barry even know? I mean it's not like he would instantly know the exact second he dies.

>I wouldn't go this far.
He gave his father's watch to him instead of saving it for Don.

post the pages where krypto saves Jon from the eradicator

I'm reading his rebirth series and I don't see any of the closeness you are talking about. If anything, Barry seem to carry more about kid wally.

You are basically explaining why Flash 52 and beyond is so shit but a major reason is DC execs wanting to replace white wally with s token so white wally isn't allowed to be used often. The author has to fight DC every time he wants to use white wally

If you did you'd know both decided to go their own ways and make sense of all that is happening. Barry is going to be more protective of the younger, less experienced Wally.

Barry has been dead for the majority of pre-flashpoint. When did he and Wally got the chance to be "super close"?

Wally as kid flash

My mom and my cousin were this way. Mom and I were close but even as a kid I was aware that the bond between the two was stronger than my own.

It didn't bother me. I was an odd kid, and even beyond that it felt like mom simply could be closer to a same-gender child than my dorky boy-ness.

One isn't automatically close to one's own kids.

>Barry has been dead for the majority of pre-flashpoint.

>One isn't automatically close to one's own kids
I agree, but I also strongly believe that mothers will always love their own children more than any other kids.

Fathers on the other hand, I think they are capable of loving kids who aren't their own more than their bio kids.

Barry have been dead for 23 years before he returned in 2008 which three years later new 52 happened. I'm not wrong.

the silver age. like 1956 to 1985

Barry was the Flash like 29 years.

remember flash war is coming Barry vs Wally vs Wally2 is coming and we saw a possible result of it already

Anti-Monitor Flash?

In pre-crisis. In post-crisis he was dead most of it.

soon

No shit. Barry died in the Crisis.

Pre-crisis is still pre-flashpoint

Listen here, smartass. When people say pre-flashpoint, they mostly referring to post crisis. So yeah, Barry was dead for the majority of pre-flashpoint.

Is that Barry trying to fit all of the timelines/earths back together in the left panel?

>When people say pre-flashpoint, they mostly referring to post crisis.
Oh, cool, made-up rules you came up with. You're the captain of the debate team probably.

Flash Fact: being a characterfag is a surefire way to you into a bitter autist.

Not him but the cannon of post Crisis is different from pre crisis just like golden and silver age are different cannons. At least that is what other anons have explained.

Why do the writers of Young Justice Hate Wally? He was a little shit yes but the perfect little shit and the only fun character in the show.

its getting a 3rd season. the only reason they won't bring him back by mid season is because they decided to do it for the season finale

It's not a "made up rule" by me, it's a common sense. Ask any fan and he will tell you that's pre-flashpoint to them is post crisis.

>Season finale
Oh wow, considering this is likely the last season I might get one more ep of a character I liked by watching 25 episodes full of characters I don't (Besides Captain Marvel)

we don't know it could be a upcoming storyline or just the dark multiverse/Barbatos/thebatmanwholmaos fucking with him but considering that flash war is the next major flash story arcs this might just be them using the dark multiverse to cause barry to have a vision of the future to cause him despair

Wally is going to destroy Barry once he remembers his kids

There's a reason why the Tornado twins were jealous of Wally (although Wally was alsp jealous of them for being Barry's biological kids).

But seriously? I don't think Barry would love Wally more than his biological children but he wouldn't love him any less either.

Wally is basically his first son, Barry loves the hell out of him and can be a mama bear when he gets hurt.

user...

Literally since Wally was child. His parents were shitheads and Barry and Iris were the closest things to a fully loving family he got

>pre-flashpoint

They go back to pre-CoIE man

When Barry remembered who Wally was he remembered their interactions before the reboot

He doesn't know and even before that happened Blally was about to tell him how Damian fucked his heart up but they were uninterrupted.

And even before that Barry was upset about Blally telling him he was hanging out with Damian, if he knew what Damian did to Wally... Well I can't see Barry hurting him but he would seriously scare him and tell Bruce to put his kid on a leash or he would do it for him.

>it's a common sense. Ask any fan and he will tell you that's pre-flashpoint to them is post crisis.
It's great that you move goal posts this easily but Pre-Flashpoint encapsulates EVERYTHING, well, that came before Flashpoint, so, Post and Pre crisis. You are wrong in every account and I rather trust facts over "common sense".

No harm done, just admit you were wrong and we can carry on.

They went their seperate ways and IIRC Barry finds himself missing Wally after it happens.

Then in Titans we see that Barry is the only mentor who treats Wally with respect and demands the other Leaguers treat him with respect as well.

Also that flashback with Thawne at Wally and Barry's graduation.

I guarantee this is what Flash War is about

Try doing a quick google search of "preflashpoint (insert character here)" user

Not to get into whatever labeling debate this has turned into, but even when he was dead there were numerous flashback stories and Wally making a big deal about how much Barry meant to him during vol 2.

>move goal posts
I don't think you even know what this means.

Since you have very hard time to get it and just want to argue for the sake of arguing, I stick with what I said before and I have nothing more to say to you.

What will classic Wally's new hero name be?

Prettt sure the kids are history user, they were a bad idea anyway.

Of anything they will show up as Wally and Linda's kids from the future.

Well you're fucking wrong and a fucking retard that thinks Barry and Wally didn't even had time to bond before Flashpoint happened.

Twat.

Flash

Barry will take a new name

In a few years we will see anons say Wally was the first Flash?

Their relationship has potential, but it's not well explored.

Despite how much of jerk Batman is, no one has any doubt about how much he cares about his robins while some fans might debate about how other heroes like flash cares about their proteges.

>Twat
Are you a child?

>more years of experience
>more mature
>Jay's status is up in the air because of timeline bullshit

where is the lie?

Wally's dad was a Manhunter, wasn't he?

No, because Barry is more exposed than he is.

I don't blame anyone who doesn't know much about their relationship since Wally didn't play much of a role in Barry's life done the latter came back.

>headcannon
see

>done
*since

>still pushing this meme
Wally was the one that told Barry it wasn't his fault. If he's gonna be mad at anyone it'll be Doc

Did he just inhale Krypto like Kirby? What the hell?

Rudy West was human garbage, so that's why Wally likes Barry more.

Barry doesn't even know his kids, they're from the 30th century and he died before finding out Iris was preggers, 3-4 reboots ago.

It's canon not headcanon. Wally's transplanted memories mean he has been the Flash the longest right now. And it's not being a characterfag to mention canon facts.

You're taking that the wrong way, don't be weird about this. Or be weird, but don't sit on your ass over it.

He doesn't even remember losing them, AGAIN. He let Linda go, doubt he'll feel the same way about this.
>Wasn't his fault
>Created Flashpoint and "fixed" his fuckup creating New 52, where they didn't exist then either
You don't think Wally would be tempted to fix this timeline from both Barry/Osterman's fuckery?

Zoom or Dark Flash

This will make him a big hypocrite and dumbass.

>it wasn't his fault
It was but DC needs Barry to be his golden boy. If Williamson has any balls he will know this too.

Yeah but do you see DC doing anything with old Wally? His family is gone, his history is stuck in a alternate timeline, Zooms gone (not that he could take anything else from him), Barry stole a lot if his speed force material, and he just....exists.

People change their minds sometimes user. It doesnt make someone a hypocrite.

To be fair, anyone in Barry's place would have done the same thing and he wasn't even aware how much he will mess with the timeline.

The fault lays more with the one who was obsessed with him and killed his mother.

If you're bringing in actual company shit then you can blame the Empty Hand/Monitors. Barry created Flashpoint, Manhattan created New52.

But no continue to characterfag/headcanon

He would be a hypocrite if he got angry at Barry and then do the same thing he did.

Jay's coming back soon- What will Barry's new name be, Onlyoneflashanon?

I thought Manhattan created Rebirth?

>Trying to fix thing is being ah hypocrite

And Barry tried to fix things and end up creating a bigger mess. So yeah, Wally will be a freaking hypocrite if got angry at him and then make the same mistake which means that he is total dumbass too since he is aware of consquences unlike Barry.

how come Marvel Legacy isn't this hamfisted?

Legacy was a preview book

You're retarded. Barry only fucked up because of HOW he did it not WHAT he tried to do. This is explicitly stated in Flashpoint. Wally is smarter and better at time travel than Barry (and does not have Mirror Master bullshit fucking with his mind), so it won't be a problem.

Barry never met his kids. He doesn't know anything about them and when he came back to life he gave them no second thoughts.

No, those are Barry's nightmare universes, like how the Batman JL knockoff crew is Bruce's.

So basically Barry's worst nightmares are he is somehow an antimonitor universe destroying figure (makes sense given now he knows about Flashpoint), presumably his actions getting the Wallys killed, that alternate universe Thawne showed him where he was a shitty dad, Godspeed winning, and maybe something about his frequent teamup with The Rogues being a step closer to becoming what he hates -- more of a villainous reverse flash than a hero.

Man, you are truly something.

I thought they said he wasn't coming back at all? They don't like undermining the impact of his death.

Because Wally and Barry only interact once a year at this current clip. Hard to do anything more than cheeky, short conversations when Wally is of no consequence to Barry or The Flash title as a whole.

Is this a joke? Wally and Barry have by far the best relationship of any mentor/disciple in comics. Even when Barry was dead they would constantly flash back or have Wally give an inner monologue about their great relationship.

Hell, the Teen Titans/Titans, Dick included, talk about how they all wish their relationship with their predecessors were as good as Wally and Barry's. They're literally the perfect example of legacy in comics.

Walter West happened once. I could see Wally flipping out after enough bullshit and loss. If Wally put his mind to it it's not like anyone could stop him.

Is your fanboyism that strong in you that can't see the obvious point?

It's just basic story facts. Flashpoint was not a "shouldn't interfere with the past" story. It was simply about diligence. It would not be hypocritical because Wally would use proper means to fix things.

Yup

Yeah, in flashbacks which a lot of people forget or don't pay attention to.

The problem isn't whether Barry cares or not, but how many people aware of this. A lot fans know that Batman cares about his proteges while don't how much the others do since their relationships with proteges aren't well explored.

Wally can't "use proper means" to fix things. What happened wasn't someone changing the past. They just erased certain things from ever having happened, past, present, and future. Wally can't go back in time to when his life was taken away from him -- he's not even old enough to have lived his life yet. If he goes forward in time then by the act of not being around anymore because he chose to go forward he fucks up any chance he has of living his life again unless he returns to his present.

There's no "fixing" Wally can do here. If it was your usual time travel that fucked things up, if it was JUST Flashpoint and Barry and Thawne's misadventures, then he could change things up. But the universe literally lost years of its being. He doesn't have the all powerful capability to reinsert those missing things.

Yeah Batman cares about the robins but He's no where near as supportive to them as Barry is to Wally

The relationship was very well explored even after Barry's death

Now Wally and Bart on the other hand was a shit show

DC Universe Rebirth was one of the best selling comics of the modern era and the entire buildup and climax was about Wally's life and how important Barry's influence on him was. The fact that Wally even exists is because Barry stuck his hand out because Barry is the greatest mentor who ever was and his connection with Wally was enough to save him.

People are more cognizant of Batman's bullshit with his batkids because he's more popular and there's more batman books, sure, but his relationship isn't BETTER than Barry and Wally's because of that.

Wally and Bart was more like two brothers (cousins, really) than a father and son. They still loved and cared about each other but their personalities clashed because Bart was just a more extreme version of Wally when Wally was a kid.

They still get along and work together but they also drive each other crazy. It's different but, hell, if Wally didn't love Bart I don't think he would've did what he did to Inertia for killing Bart.

And what guarantee that he wouldn't mess up? The time travel is tricky and no matter how will prepared Wally is, there's no guarantee that he wouldn't screw things up. This will make him a selfish idiot too for risking everyone when he KNOWS what happened last time.

And hypocrisy is doing the same thing you accuse others of doing it.

This is a fair argument. I was only reacting to the people suggesting that Wally time traveling would be hypocritical when it's literally not at all because unlike Barry he would be using safe means of time travel.