I named my daughter after her around the time the show came out because I loved the character...

I named my daughter after her around the time the show came out because I loved the character. Do you think she'll resent me when she's older for apparently naming her after a gay character?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zelda_(given_name)
fanfiction.net/s/12671064/1/Avatar-Warlords
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

for being gay no. for being a shit character yes.

I think she’ll resent you more for giving her a specially snowflake name with no modern real world precedence based on a Cartoon you watched.

How'd you spell it?

Because if you spelt it "Korra" instead of "Kora" or "Cora" then I'm afraid you've fucked up.

It's Korra

>Do you think she'll resent me when she's older for apparently naming her after a gay character?
In the future where your daughter will live, homosexuality will be a non-issue.

No, she'll hate you for naming her after a darkie.

I'm pretty anti giving kids made up names senpai

she'll hate you for naming her after a stupid ass cartoon

yeah what were you thinking?

You fucked up.

Oof. Tough break.

"Cora" is a real name. It's Greek.

I know what you mean but all names are made up if you think about it

I'm black. I think she'll connect to Korra better being that she's a strong independent dark-skinned woman who needs no man(literally).

Eh. Korra isn't too bad.
Now Zelda, I don't know why people didn't give robin willams more shit for that.

Zelda is an actually name though, not current, but I’m pretty sure it exists. Isn’t it the name of one of Sabrina the Teenage Witch’s aunts?

Zelda is a beautiful name.

Shut up Lashawndo

I sincerely don't know if this is bait or not.

At least thats like a real name.

I went to school with a girl named Javelin.

Yep, Zelda and Hilda were their names, I believe.

As long as you don't raise her to hate characters, but you'd only do that f you were a shitty parent.

Typical Zoey

I knew a chick named Hunter and another one named Logan.

>named your daughter a character before even watching the fucking show

You deserve every pain you get

That name is cool as shit.

>implying everyone in the future aren't transsexual gay mulattos, and only white people are albinos.

she'll resent you for your rampant alcoholism

I met a guy recently named J'styn

I went to school with a guy named Gaius Julius.

Zelda Fitzgerald

Why would it be? Zelda's a weird name to give a kid.

Eh... well is not bad actually specially if in the future hopefully most people forget this cartoon and is like you named her North West or some bullshit like that

Its a real name you fucking retard en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zelda_(given_name)

some names are more made up than others DeQuasha LaShawnda

Daba Smith

well that didn't work

yes

she'll hate you

If she is still a baby, change her name, actually, I believe you have some time to change it after her birth to legally change it without being registered, change it for Cora or something similar.

>JujuDi Smith
Ayo, that sounds like a girl's name

>DeQuasha
>LaShawnda

Those are real names with roots you uneducated swine.

Was a flower and a name long before a game

Princess Zelda was named after Zelda Fitzgerald, wife of the guy who wrote The Great Gatsby, you ignorant mongoloid

>Zelda is an actually name though
Is korra not?

Zelda or at least Selda is a generic turkish name as much as I understood. I'm German but my ex-gf was a turkish girl and her name was Selda.

Dude... I know a girl named after Kara Danvers... at least Kara is a real name.

Tell me you at least spelled Korra the IRL "Kora" way.

Nope it’s Korra

>Slimba Brown

*random clicks* *random clicks*
I hate my parents gave me a Marvel comics name.

At least it's a name people can pronounce on first glance. Having a name no one can pronounce right is the worst, thanks Dad

What is it?

Even if it were not a character from a 1/10 show, naming a kid after a fantasy story you like at the moment is always a bad idea. Such a name is practically bullying bait

At least it's not a generic as fuck name like the one my parents gave me.
Jose. Not that amazing if you ask me.

I heard of a kid named gohan by his parents on the news, he was old enough to watch the show and he cosplayed as gohan too, I mean gohan doesn't sound that bad, I wouldnt name my kid gohan but its fine [/spoiler] I would name them blue or emerald after Pokemon games

>this
My parents gave me a spic name because my Catholic great grandmother introduced it to our family back in Germany. About 90% of the people I meet pronunce my name wrong.

You're retarded for naming your daughter after a fictional character, but it could be worse. At least you didn't name her Khaleesi or something.

You know I've always wanted to name my future son Talon but people say thats a weird name.
I mean I don't get the desire for a "real" name as long as it sounds like it could be a real name whats wrong with it being unique.
I always just thought Talon sounded cool but I could also see it being a real name.

What do you think Sup Forums is Talon an acceptable name for a boy?

Are you named fucking Zsasz user?

how edgy

Korra was not an actual name before the show.

>Laa
Dafuq?

>edgy
the name isn't doctor fuckin claw. Besides, I figure he's go by Tal for short which also sounds kind of neat.

Please don't name your son Talon. That is the name of an edgy kid that gets bullied by Chad.

The two of you will have a fight at some point, probably when she hits 18. She moves away and you maybe meet once per year during xmas where you both force a smile, do awkward small talk and pretend everything is fine for the sake of the rest of your family.

I went to school with a girl named Fre'keAsia
Before you ask, yes she was.

I think she'll resent you for being a massive fag who names their children after cartoon characters.

Korra is perfectly fine, just don't tell anyone where you got it.
It's definitely not normal, most people won't believe he's telling the tuth, but it's not bad or r

I'm working on a worthwhile sequel for the Avatar series, set a millennia after the events of Korra. It's fanfiction, true, but the target audience is definitely a more mature crowd and I have worked quite intensely on it, on its prose and pacing. It's definitely NOT a casual read.
It takes place in a realistic world with a rich history of hatred, butchery and obscenity. A world of violence, warfare, betrayals. Above it all, it has a subtle but compelling plot.
Basically I want a more mature, well-thought and executed Avatar storyline set in the Avatar setting.
The story takes place many years in the future and has nothing to do with Korra or Aang, aside from the bare bones of the setting.
The few reviews have also been flattering.

Note, this is NOT for the casual reader, it has deep themes and a solid prose and requires at least some semblance of attention to fully comprehend all its intricacies and complexities of the plot.

Would you be interested to read?

fanfiction.net/s/12671064/1/Avatar-Warlords

That doesn't mean it's not a weird name.

I mean sure but what does that have to do with her name? thats just how kids and especially daughters are. also
>implying it will take until she gets 18

OP she is your daughter, I assure you she will hate your guts from the ages of 14-17 no matter what you do, so don't worry about it.

I wonder what goes through parent’s heads when they give their kids super generi names like that. Like I’m not asking you to revolutionize naming but “Jose” is so overplayed.

She'll thank you for not letting her be one of the many girls named "Khaleesi" in her generation.

1. Korra is bi
2. Korra is cool, why would she resent you?

Ladi Brown
Makes me sound like a girl.

No. She’ll resent you for naming her after a shit show

Man if you at least named her Cora you could've pretended to just be fan of Tyler Perry films instead of a shitty cartoon. Not saying that's much better.

She'll only get made fun of in Elementary School, where everyone's name gets made of. It gets old pretty old pretty fast among kids though.

hey, you missed a couple shilling opportunities for your fic over the past couple days.

The only thing to do is to make sure she ends up gay. Keep lesbian literature about the house. Put up some pictures of "tasteful" nudes. It's the only way she won't hate you.

Comics are not canon so she is not gay

>later he meets a bro named Brutus
FUCK

>born with the name Kelsey(male)
>was never not getting shit in grades 1-4
>by fifth grade I was almost hoping the assholes would get new material
>come middle school no one gave a shit

Now this is just sad.

Balincoln Brown.

Cura -pronounced like korra- is serbian for "prostitute"

No one speaks serbian. They never did.

>guys i hate korra do i fit in now

>First Name: Daa

Why do i have to have a name like a cartoon retard.

Unless you're raising her to hate gay people I can't see why she would?

Kids have such low standards, if you show her the show when she's young enough she'll probably be hyped. If all else fails you could also just say it's a coincidence.

>Was a flower
Wait what?

Has she already decided too hate gays?

>korra was 10 years ago

Talon is one of the worst I have ever heard.

So you want to give your future son a fictional terrorist organization?
All right

The name remind me of a overwatch terrorist organization with the same name

Cora is
"Korra" is not

I got a lot of boy names I want to use if I have a son but I never really had a girl name until I read Saga

Totally gonna name her Hazel if she turns out as brown as me.

I smell filthy Turk.

Get out of here Alan