twitter.com/DisneyStudios/status/925853232697446400
youtube.com/watch?v=njcv8vXYUfQ
youtube.com/watch?v=AA-BUlJ9MSM
youtube.com/watch?v=1GqyE7GiRJ4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Azizi
>Kamari

Who?

If I didn’t know any better I’d assume this was a fake lineup put together by Black Twitter or something

>99% black cast

I guess Disney doesn't care about the overseas box office. China sure as hell won't want to save this one.

Its real
twitter.com/DisneyStudios/status/925853232697446400

They probably just renamed the Heyenas. I bet Eric Andre is Ed

>live-action remake of a movie that's going to have to be done all in CGI anyway

for what purpose

>people now using the China excuse for every big movie that has more then two black people in it as though that's a legitimate reason to make the cast majority white

I can imagine it now
youtube.com/watch?v=njcv8vXYUfQ

I already miss Banzai.

God I wish they didn't cast Seth Rogan.

>Seth Rogan
>Beyonce

Keegan-Michael Key will be Sebastian in the Little Mermaid remake.

The two "White" people in this movie are the worst part

Why Key and Peel where not Timon and Pumba is beyond me.

>Black people voicing African characters is bad
>Ethnicity of "actors" for CGI animals matters
What in the fuck are you talking about?

>two
but there are three
and only one is a miscast

>Hakuna Matata, for the rest of your days!
>...Hey kid, wanna buy some pot?

I guess you were lucky enough to miss all the people complaining that white people voiced animals in The Jungle Book

>Voices
>Not getting the original fucking voice cast

DUDE HAKUNA MATATA UH HUH HUH HUH

>9 black people
>10 if you count the two black halfs of Key and Andre

>John Oliver
wat

You mean when Sup Forums got triggered? Oh yeah who would want to miss that.

>I bet Eric Andre is Ed

That's oddly fitting.

>Not casting Eric and Hannibal as Timon and Pumba

Eric and Hannibal would be better as the hyenas. Timon and Pumbaa should've been Key and Peele.

Glossed over Billy. Seth and Current Year man are shit.

Live Action Disney remakes are fucking cancer.

how the fuck are you gonna do a live action version of the lion king

Ok, who would cast as Timon and Pumbaa if had the chance?

>DUDE WEED LMAO
>Beyoshit
>Glover

The answer is Simon Pegg and Nick Frost

>not Key and Peele

Way too British, Simon would have made for a good Zazu.

Bill Hader and Jason Segal

>casting an insufferable british newscaster as an insufferable british bird

I don't see the issue

>eric andre
But why? Not that I'm complaining, actually...

Hannibal has worked with Illumination, that's probably why they didn't cast him.

Eric Andre as a Hyena, perfect.

If there anything I can say positive about Jon Favreau, he is usually very good at casting.

> live action
> the whole cast is 3d animated
'kay

It's gonna be CGI so none of the actors are gonna appear in posters or marketing.

BIRD UP

>Seth Rogen
>John Oliver

>If there anything I can say positive about Jon Favreau, he is usually very good at casting.

That's an odd comment.

Outside of his weakness with action scenes he's a pretty good director. Iron Man 2 and Cowboys & Aliens were so compromised by the studios that nobody could have made them work.

>Beyonce
Can she even act? I guess it's irrelevant because it's a CGI remake of a Disney cartoon but still.

Is it wrong that I want Zazu "Current Year" memes?

Say what you will about him personally, but John Oliver seems like he'd make a good Zazu.

Only if they add in The Morning Report

But will Shadowland finally be in this?

>Can she even act?

As someone who's seen the modern thriller classic Obsessed, I can say absolutely not.

Well, at least we won't have to actually see HER act. Definitely supports my suspicion she just threw money at Disney so they'd cast her.

>Seth Rogen
>Beyonce
>John Oliver

Everyone else is fine

>Having to listen to Pumbaa do that irritating laugh

There are too many big names on it, I won't hear Pumba all I'll hear is Seth Rogen, same goes for Nala

James Earl Jones is too old to put in a good Mufasa. His Darth Vader in Rogue One was already a stretch, and now he's going to be a couple of years older still trying to redo the booming authoritative voice he did 25 years ago.

What the fuck's going to be live action in it? Bits of the background?

I have no idea why they didn't just cast Taraji P Henson instead.

WE WUZ LION KANGZ N SHEEIT

Nathan Lane and Ernie Sabella

If it ain’t broke

>Darth Vader
>Mufasa

Yeah, I know disney owns star wars now, but this is fucking ridiculous casting

>Live action remake
>of a movie about normal animals
>that's going to be entirely CGI anyway

Glad to see they didn't go full retard and recast Mufasa, though.

I honestly thought James Earl Jones was dead

Why no Jeremy Irons? He's done live action.

Eric Andre as a hyena is fucking great though.

The voices of Carl and Shake from Aqua Teen Hunger Force

Give it a year.

Beyonce's an infinitely bigger name and probably the biggest one out of the entire cast for more modern and younger audiences. If the rumors about her doing the soundtrack too are true then I expect a lot of marketing and pushing around her, and Nala might even get her cut content in the movie.

I thought they just cast Beyonce to garner interest from her fanbase and she's just doing it for the money. She rarely ever does voice acting.

Man, Jeremy Irons as Scar was perfect. Also, Whoopi and Cheech couldn't have played 2 of the hyenas again?

Supposedly they wanted her for the soundtrack but she said she'd only do it if she was cast as Nala, which is a surprise even for someone with an ego like Beyonce's. Nala doesn't play a big part in the story, even if you count Shadowland and the part about Scar trying to hit on her. I think she's still just bitter over not being cast as Tiana.

It's animated. There's literally no reason why it wouldn't have the original cast, at least for fucking Timon and Pumbaa.

The same way they did Jungle Book...

>We might get a cheesy, 90's R&B cover of Can You Feel the Love Tonight with Beyonce and Elton John

Since they're going to be animating the entire thing due to it being a movie about talking animals anyway, why don't they just reuse the original voice lines?

Pretty much the entire original cast except for James and maybe Whoopi are irrelevant to today's audiences.

Have you met lions

I have heard of no one but pumba and zazu, besides james earl jones of course but hes the general excepion, but back on track those two are terrible choices I would never watch it

Cool, I might torrent it a year or so after it comes out because it's another fucking remake

Because the old cast is irrelevant and not going to make the money needed to justify however much this thing's gonna cost.

I mean, I get it, but it's not like Seth Rogen and whoever the other guy is are the hottest thing out there.

Who knows though, they might end up giving great (even superior) performances.

>Hasn't heard of Eric Andre, Key and Peele or Donald Glover
>Has only heard of the 2 in the image that are shitty Sup Forums memes

You have to go back

>never heard of Donald Glover, Chiwetel Ejiofor or Key from Key and Peele

Really?

I've seen the whole opening

They're pretty much remaking it shot for shot, it looks pretty good, especially Rafiki

They better not do the same shit the B&B remake did and actually bring in some of the broadway songs

youtube.com/watch?v=AA-BUlJ9MSM
youtube.com/watch?v=1GqyE7GiRJ4

Shadowland would be great but I just can't picture Beyonce measuring up to Heather Headley's performance.

BIRD UP
NOW IT'S THE CODE BIRD

I'm impressed they didn't make scar and the hyenas white. That took alot of restraint.

>Beyonce
>John Oliver
>Seth Rogan

Seth Rogan hasn't been funny since fucking 2007

All of these new movies are shot-for-shot remakes, they just exist to keep the branding alive.

The only one that interests me is Guy Ritchie's Aladdin, if only because I hope Ritchie gets to throw some Ritchie-isms in it. He has too much of a distinct style to be totally smoothed over in the DIsney machine, even that dumbass King Arthur movie had a bunch of weird montage shit and camera tricks in it.

My queen in 3d. Yes please.

Also, Hans Zimmer is coming back.

>the original Simba from the Broadway musical killed himself
ouch

>yfw live action version of this

Do you know anything about the soundtrack, like if they're including any of the Broadway songs?

>making a live-action CGI remake of a movie with no humans, unlike the jungle book
>actually adding Beyoncé "I'm the Most Important Black Woman on Earth" to the cast of it

I like Favreau but I expect it to be a beat-by-beat remake and to suck no less than having Hermione play Beauty

>John Oliver
>Rogen as Pumba
>Eric Andre
>Peele as some literally who character instead of Timon or Pumba
>Beyonce

wow, and I actually thought I would have a reason to see this, fucking damn

Eric Andre in the Lion King
That alone sounds like a great pitch to Hollywood

Peele is one of the Heyenas. They just renamed them

I'm sure glad they made this cast diverse by removing those pesky Mexicans out of it.

The only bad casting is rogan and queen bee

Question

Can it really be called Live Action if none of the characters are humans?

wouldn't it just be a CGI remake instead?

Is it still gonna be a musical?

>Not liking Eric Andre

No, we don't usually work with sound. They just give us the edit, and I wasn't assigned to that particular project.

why the fuck would they rename them? what is wrong with disney, seriously?

also, the heyenas will definitely get less screen time and peele is actually a funny guy so he'll definitely be underused. rogan is not funny at all, fuck me.

Well those are definitely the worst of the bunch