Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SALl4HnX2pw
youtube.com/watch?v=pIeQ3Ym8f00
youtube.com/watch?v=za9IVKmbb-E
youtube.com/watch?v=mIQzAJLKmUA
youtube.com/watch?v=ma3BBsZSPMs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't fucking know, I was 2 when this episode came out

Homer or Smithers I think. Definitely not Maggie.

I thought it was Homer because I thought Mr. Burns said "Who are you?" in the alley.

But what I'm still wondering is, who shot JR?

Smithers like everyone else

I honestly thought it was Flanders.

My rationale being "it's always the person you least suspect, and Flanders was pretty eager to turn the conversation of the meeting away from murder when he was like 'I want to hear from Sideshow Mel."

It was like, why does Flanders care what Sideshow Mel thinks? Because he thought maybe Mel would turn the convo away from murder, and he was paranoid that somehow, someone would guess hat he was planning it.

It was Dio.

It came out late in my country and wasn't that big a deal ... but I actually thought it was Quimby because he was the one who lost the most.

Originally it was gonna be Barney.

Not a bad theory, user

Should they do another mystery event like this?

youtube.com/watch?v=SALl4HnX2pw
youtube.com/watch?v=pIeQ3Ym8f00
youtube.com/watch?v=za9IVKmbb-E
youtube.com/watch?v=mIQzAJLKmUA
youtube.com/watch?v=ma3BBsZSPMs

I was 6 when the episode first came out and I honestly thought I shot Mr burns because of op.
I didn't speak a lot of English back then so I didn't know what the hell was going on.

I had a feeling that it was a weird accident right from the start. The show was still a (slightly) grounded comedy with some sense of continuity in those days so I knew they wouldn't wreck an established character with an attempted murder charge. Maggie's involvement was a bit of a surprise, however.

>"Oh it's you, what are you so happy about?"

I'm 90% sure everyone who initially saw this thought Smithers.

Marge

with the current writers? how?

I was close. I figured that there was a fake-out, and I was thinking that he shot himself by accident or that some random person did it more or less by mistake. Both sort of right, but I did not figure Maggie.

Oldfag here. Definitely Smithers at first. But one of the only actual "clues" in the whole thing then rules him out (spurned lover too obvious?). So I thought Homer after pausing my VCR jesus fuck I'm old.

Who Shot Mr. Burns aired in 1995. The vast majority of Sup Forums wasn't born yet and the vast majority of the remainder weren't old enough to have critical thinking skills

I was like.. five at the time. So. No one

It was the dog! He had shifty eyes.

A wizard did it

i love this guy
he deserves more recognition
i guess only talking about the simpsons and sometimes pixar doesn't attract a consistent viewership

>first comment best comment
I know for a fact I watched it when I was 1 or 2 since my father loved simpsons and is the main reason I'm obsessed with cartoons.

Marge. She had the most motives to do so.

I was honestly too young to even consider it, or care to crack it, before the second part came out. I just wanted more of the cartoon.

Wasn't even in my dad sack yet, hell he was going though his second marriage at the time, my mom was the fourth.

A filthy nigger

>My rationale being "it's always the person you least suspect

In the UK, the 'behind the scenes with Troy McClure' episode aired first, so it was spoiled.

SENOR BUUUUURNS

I didn't. It was aired as a two-parter when I first saw it so I just waited for them to tell me whodunnit

Since it happened two years before I was born, Maggie since everyone knew the answer by the time I saw it.

It's obvious it was Kuuga. Can't blame him, Mr. Burns could easily have been a Grongi in disguise.

I knew about it before I watched it, so I didn't have a chance to guess.

Looking back, I'd say the most likely guess would be Mr. Snrub

EL DIAAAAABLOOOOOO

OF DINERRRRRROOOOOOO

I was 12 when this episode came out but I wasn't allowed to watch The Simpsons. I didn't really understand what the event was.

Was this the same episode where Burns is an Alien? If so I thought the alien did it.

It's 1997 and you've won a contest.

Do you...

A. Take home a $75,000 cash prize.

or

B. Move to a painstaking detailed recreation of the Simpson's house in Nevada that retails for $125,000.*

*The HOA will eventually force you to paint the exterior of the house.

I take C, the full grown African Elephant.

Yeah, I was obviously just a kid when it aired, but I remember feeling the same way. I think also because they were really hinting at Smithers and I just couldn't see him doing it, I was distrustful.

Who cyberbullied Lisa on facebook, featuring Lady Gaga

Drove past the house a few months ago, the original paint is starting to come through in a few spots

Bart. He got blasted by the oil and swore revenge on his dog, and he's a radical little shit who'd do something like this.

When I was a kid I didn't understand why they were treating the shooter like a criminal despite everyone wanting Burns dead.

I was 7 when the episode came out. I don't remember really caring, like at all.

Goddamn I feel old now.

OF COURSE I'D HAVE TO REPAINT THE FUCKING HOUSE EVEN IF THEY DIDN'T ASK.
IT'S THE FUCKING WRONG COLORS, PAINSTAKING RECREATION MY ARSE.

>moving into a home owners association area

hah fat chance I'll just take the money.

I didn't have the enjoyment of trying to figure it out on my own because I saw future episodes that referenced Maggie being the shooter before I ever actually got to see the 2-parter.

True, and it would of changed his character for the rest of the series.

Apu, he is been shot too much, I felt it was time for him to be on the other end.

You couldn't pay me to live in Nevada

First time I heard that. Gotta source? I want to hear their reasoning?

I knew it was Maggie cause
1) Only character that put up a struggle with Mr Burns in the past (see Bobo)
2) Only character that could get away with it and have everything return to the status quo by the end of the episode

Or...

Who Shot Mr. Burns: parts 3, 4 and 5

With the original they tried to leak a fake alternate ending to the press, but all the outlets were too honest to take it.

If they try that now it will probably work.

I just watched his theories recently. I really like his vids.
I originally thought it was Marge.

Depends whether I could sell the house for a similar price.

Doubt it, so I'd probably just take the money.

Smithers desu

Jimbo, since he was right there immediately after the shooting.

Collen Camp

I was guessing he'd accidentally shot himself, since that was gonna be the most likely, humorous outcome. Maggie caught me by surprise.

Who cucked Homer

Not if you had sky

No one because you are fucking old.

prison barney would have been more interesting than sober barney

>but all the outlets were too honest to take it
what a world

I thought putting the dog in the plastic cone was a trick to allow it to hold a gun inside the cone and pull the trigger with its tongue.

>always watched Simpsons everyday at 5PM for years on the WB
>they always played this and the weird "what if" one every few months

To this day I still am not sure if it was Maggie or Smithers who shot him. Though when I first saw this arc for the first time, I thought it was Marge.

>reruns don't exist

I was 4 when it first aired and remember watching it.

It was for a contest, so I thought it was going to be an intentionally unguessable asspull. I was on the right track, but my guess was Santa's Little Helper.

I saved up and bought a season 6 box set when I was 10

absolutely love these videos