Harvard: Trump supporters are living in a reality shaped by television

>Not only does Trump better fit the narratives that often shape TV news, he also suits the language of television. Allen believes that the linguistic complexity of TV news is several grades below that of print news. And so Trump, whose speeches are at a fourth-grade level, is quite literally speaking the language of television.

>Trump knows his supporters are not reading erudite columns on politics, and so he consciously presents himself as a TV candidate, argues Allen. He’s shown disdain for the rhetoric and practice of print media and, when he first launched his campaign, his website had no policy papers on it. “All it had on it were short video statements from Trump,” she says. “He knew he was after a watching audience, not a reading one.”

qz.com/828586/trump-supporters-are-living-in-a-reality-shaped-by-television-says-harvard-professor-danielle-allen/

Other urls found in this thread:

ethics.harvard.edu/people/danielle-allen
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You would have to get your views from TV to support Hillary Clinton.

This is just more jewish supremacist mouth-foam.

They forget to include self-brainwashed (read: red-pilled) faggots in Sup Forums

Fascinating that all these allegations are only leveled against trump supporters and never the semi-literate negro hordes supporting the democrats.

>ah now I know why Trump spent all that money on TV Ads.
>I made the connection
>SMRT

>self-brainwashed
>Thinking for yourself is a disease

t. Sheekie Goldstein

I rarely watch TV.

heh, failed again globalist scum.

Dat projection.

Member of the elite
>Trump is not one of us

Everyone else
>good

But I don't watch TV

Except top gear.

Isnt it actually the other way around?

>>Thinking for yourself is a disease

reproducing memes is not thinking for yourself, ryan

this cumhole is the best/worst echo chamber on the internet

best because you'll never fail to find a retard here, worst because the retards are actual people

I don't even have cable though...

I guess the standards of Harvard have really dropped. Sad.

>CTR drivel

Sup Forums is where the memes are invented.

It's an echo chamber where anybody can come and say anything they want.

>best because you'll never fail to find a retard here

Found him

>watching TV
>every major news network is either shilling for Hillary or condemning Trump
>every sitcom and drama series showing off how supposedly great diversity and inclusion are
The Ivy Leagues have long been compromised by leftist globalist """social science""" professors. This is nothing new.

Also
>African Intellectuals

I found the problem pol!

>Sup Forums is where the memes are invented.

and then are recreated by you with nary a critical thought

>I don't understand how echo chambers work

ok

Fucking manface sheboon

>and then are recreated by you with nary a critical thought

Prove it

>i don't understand how echo chambers work
ok

>don't read erudite columns
Yeah I don't need some stuck up asshole telling me how and in which manner I should think. Fuck that shit.

>African Intellectuals
Maybe the mexican warlock can help us solving this riddle of apekind!

FUCKING KEK!

Harvard should come to India. We only get CNN here(The #1 channel in the ENTIRE WORLD) and it's basically Clinton News Network. But we still support King Don.

i don't even own an electric jew

>Prove it

"CTR drivel"

That was easy. Have a nice life nuthuffer

but i don't even own a tv

>I guess the standards of Harvard have really dropped. Sad.
they literally killed their soccer teams season over the mens soccer team rating the women on the womens soccer team on a 1-10 scale

they are losing relevancy very fast and harvard degrees are increasingly seen as a poor investment

ethics.harvard.edu/people/danielle-allen
>She is a Chair of the Mellon Foundation Board, past Chair of the Pulitzer Prize Board, and a member of the Open Society Foundations’ U.S. Programs Board

>OPEN SOCIETY FOUNDATION
What a surprise, she's a nigger slut owned by soros too!

>I don't know how proofs work either
ok

it's a reflection of every one line sentence posted here.

You cant be any more wrong than this conclusion holy shit hardvard

I might actually think this site is an echo chamber if you didn't get band for saying wrong think on any other site. Name one website you think is completely 100% not an echo chamber. The thing is that as long as a majority exists on a site a majority of people thinking the same way are attracted to it which is the case of Sup Forums. I bet you think plebbit is great you filthy casual, you seem to think they are the real "intellectuals".

I don't own a TV. Havard btfo.

Have Harvard not noticed that celebrities and the news are overwhelmingly pro shillary? Seems like quite a difficult thing to miss tbth family

This shit isn't funny anymore

>harvard
it's such a shame that they're trying to drag their reputation through the ground.

Aren't they doing safe spaces now?

thissssssssssssss

It's true, Trump is aiming for the uneducated, a group with very low voter turnout so far. Why is it so bad if Trump is aiming at a demographic group that so far has been underrepresented in America's democracy?

>Trump knows his supporters are not reading erudite columns on politics

Trump knows no one is reading this drivel. Print media has been dying for years.

>90% of television anti-trump
>trump supporters get their ideas from TV

what the fuck kind of MEME is this??

Trump is a retard, like all of his supporters. Hillary can be impeached. Trump will fuck shit up then get impeached.

I knew that just by reading Harvard

>how dare you for not reading our propaganda you fucking goyim
>WE TELL YOU WHAT TO THINK

>DAILY REMINDER:

The left projects their own sin onto their opposition!

Swimmers body fallacy.

Just because Harvard was praised as elite university in the past and is very picky with their students doesn't necessarily mean, that it's a superior/good university.

The amount of bullshit coming from there is outstanding.

Exactly. Remember when Obama ran on a platform of helping the poor and lower class?

Neither does he.

I'm pretty sure right now that there are people who aren't bothered by being misinformed by events.

>I'm a fucking retard

The post

The candidate being shot down by nearly all news agencies on TV are living in reality shaped by TV.

Well then.

>I bet you think plebbit is great you filthy casual, you seem to think they are the real "intellectuals".

Never really took to reddit. I've been on Sup Forums since 2007.

I enjoy having my beliefs challenged. Sometimes the "redpills" are interesting, but most of the time it's just garbage. Trumpism has pretty much just been a landfill of this garbage. It's depressing that the first semi-successful populist in years has had to pander to the most virulent strains of idiots to get anywhere near the WH but I guess that's how it works.

"grade level speeches"

This tired meme.

Problems that are simplified are easier to understand. It actually takes skill to reduce complex subjects to simple language.

Wow. Its nothing.

I just want a stable government. If trump wins he's not going to get anything done anyway. The exception being social and political unrest.

>local man smarter than politicians, still called dumb by same politicians

There's your headline, faggot.

I'm ready to watch pol call Harvard a shill

>o-oy vey Trump supports aren't reading Huffington Post articles written by super smart college educated liberal (((journalists)))

>4th grade speaking meme

I don't think people understand, the average person doesn't know what the fuck you're talking about if you start using terms they don't know and you certainly can't get into the nitty gritty details.

It's like explaining computer related things to someone who is very technologically illiterate, you can't say what the actual problem is, you need to explain it in a way that they understand it.

>This tired meme.

Believe me.

That's disrespectful af.

Then why the fuck are you here?

Yeah occassionaly Sup Forums feels like mind numbing garbage, especially with some of the forced memes, but there is quality and substance to be found here. There are intelligent anons on here and I enjoy sharing my thoughts with them and hearing theirs as well. That's one of the reasons I'm always coming back.

That article OP listed is straight up bullshit. The Hillary campaign has used tv, movie, YouTube and other visual media to attract their braindead supporters way more than Trump and Co. have. Who is the one with an infinite amount of actors, celebs and singers at their disposal that your basic plebs worship and idolize off their screens? I can tell you now it isn't Trump. Go take a look at all of Hillary's endorsements and tell me how many (((entertainers))) found in your typical person'a television and movies. Her whole "I'm a mom, grandma and progressive woman" is a fake facade that tell television sitcoms are made from.

>erudite columns
This is why liberals are retarded, they'll believe anything coming from (((higher))) authority.

The common uneducated Joe makes his opinions based on his experience, he can change them pretty easily when he encounters something contradictory. He might not understand much true, but he can admit he is wrong

An educated liberal cannot, reality must conform to the systems he has been taught for years, thus he's easily the mosy delusional cunt on Earth

>Jews in USA 2%
>Jews in Harvard 20%

It's almost like he's intelligent enough to realize that the easier a message is to understand, the more people will understand it. People would call Hillary out for it too (MUH STRONGER 2GETHER), that is, if she ever said anything of any substance.

>demshits trying to blame republicans for the decline in public education
>when they are the ones responsible for common core and the influx of semi-literate illegals

The elite want the masses to remain ignorant so they can be more easily controlled.

>TV companies: W-W-We still relevant!!!
Nope.

>semi-literate negro hordes

You are giving them too much credit user.

People are slowly understanding; one foot in front of the other

Nice try Genghis Finn.

The reason Trump wins every internet poll is because his supporters are actually interested in information. Shill supporters don't care about any of that and only think about muh feelings.

I love how Harvard guesses the exact opposite of what's really happening

The whole world knows the truth CTR
you will all hang

The projections are off the charts now

(((erudite))) columns on politics

>Then why the fuck are you here?

Because I don't want to be as brittle as the typical liberal retard, they're just as bad.

then why are you here? piss off, nigger

But all the news channel say that Trumps is the devil? How could they be influenced by TV if they are voting for him?

is this a kike?

has this clown ever heard Hillary speak? She basically repeats axioms and anecdotes that are often so vague they make Trump sound like an expert.

>On foreign policy; a typical Hillary response:

'I'll sit down with my advisors and find a plan that will work for the American people!'

>On healthcare; typical Hillary response:

'We need comprehensive healthcare so that poor people can get better care!'

---

its just nonsense. trying to imply by juxtaposition that Hillary is some policy queen is ridiculous. Almost all of her ideas boil down to, "I'm going to tax you at the Federal level so that we (the elite) can ""invest"" your money for you in things that benefit you".

total nonsense.

>no first name, just "Allen"
>suddenly at the end, "she" appears
>mfw

Thanks? I mean it's pretty late since this is one of the earliest talking points of Dilbert guy.

How retarded are these people? It's liberals who watch trash TV, not conservatives.

>reading erudite columns on politics
What, as opposed to liberals? The hysterically emotional people who think Trump is literally Hitler, and who label themselves "intellectuals" after they take a couple of college classes based on liberal propaganda?
So-called "erudite columns on politics" no longer exist. There are no independent political pundits who try to write about the election in an objective, informative manner. Everything is propaganda. Even the article in the OP is a piece of propaganda, which is incredibly ironic, considering that kind of bullshit is the exact reason people are voting for Trump. People are sick of the lies, the pandering, the hypocrisy, the corruption and the hatred that the left represents.

>trump supporters
>reality shaped by television
>projecting
thanks for high level psychological analysis, harvrad

I have been here since 2012. Don't pretend that this place has never been a self absorbed shithole, that's what is great about it. Any campaigning requires candidates to pander to people, so Hillary promising lies and neoliberalism to people who think that is great is more concerning to me.

oh piss off harvard

Who the fuck here still watches TV?

Its all garbage. Like Ivy League studies in current year.

>then why are you here? piss off, nigger

don't you have some raping to do josef

isn't their soccer team not playing this year because the dudes made a list of their attractiveness?

Don't forget out-of-context Trump quote and strawmans.
That is when her speech is longer than 3 minutes.

You sound like a guy I was debating with last night who argued that's jusice Scalia and strict constitutionalists are "completely fucking retarded"

Which I said "just because you disagree with his court opinions doesn't make him retarded"

Nope, this little faggot claimed that people who don't agree with him are completely retarded.

You must have the same mental block, which is unfourtunate

top gear is dead

yeah good point, these days its quite rare that she even talks about policy, its just fearmongering and trump bashing mainly.

Where should I get my information? TELL ME HOW TO THINK!

i don't think i've even ever read a single paper from harvard

the ride never ends

>Hillary promising lies and neoliberalism to people who think that is great is more concerning to me.

Congratulations, there's one actual issue.

I'm voting on climate change, myself. Trump is going to flush this country down the toilet for some feel-good moments. His economics are literally "trust me".

Somehow I imagine people on Sup Forums read a shit ton more print news than bluepills.

>Trump repeats something when trying to talk to 15 thousand people at the same time
>HOLY SHIT WHAT A MORON

I spend an inordinate amount of time arguing with libs because all they know is 10 second sound. It's and never bother to actually research it

Also had an argument where someone claimed rumors tax plan will raise taxes on people. I searched online for that and can't find any non-partisan tax sites that say that they all claim trumps tax plan will lower taxes

I just don't understand where these people get their info

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What are good non-cuck unis? I'm an engineering student shooting for UCLA because I live 30 minutes away, but that school is becoming increasingly cucked.

Oh right, regular everyday people are living in a bubble, not the rich kids at fucking harvard.

Or bluepills can't into critical reflection.

That would explain a lot.

Who the hell even watches TV anymore?

No one actually reads print news to use it as a positive source. People who believe the print news only read the headlines. The only people who actually READ the article are those who are trying to figure out why the headline might be misleading or incorrect.

>breaking news: study conducted by liberals and funded by the establishment finds that people vote against the liberal establishment candidate are contemptible
The sole purpose of these "studies" is to shame potential Trump voters in the middle class.

is their cs dept. relevant in the slightest?