DC decides to kick King of Batman and asks you who should replace him

DC decides to kick King of Batman and asks you who should replace him.

hard mode: no one who has written the character before

There's not really many other highly talented writers at the big two right now

I don't see anyone else being able to do anything more than just serviceable. Maybe Tomasi?

> implying the absolute madman priest wouldn't turn in one of the most based runs of all-time

Yeah but he's done Batman before and I wanted to avoid the answer everyone gives for "who should write ____?" lately.

Reminder Hickman Gillen

Me.

George R. R. Martin

>last issue of the run never comes out

Scott Lobdell

>we decided to stop double shipping every month and instead release one issue every 4 years

Nice bait

Get Fiefe

Dan Slott, so he can finally get off Spider-Man

Plot twist, you get Snyder on Spidey instead.

Slott already wrote Batman.

Fuuuuuuuuuuck, I take it back I take it back!!!

Bennett to write and Eisner Award Winner Henderson on art.

Tsutomu Nihei

Dan Slott has actually written some pretty great Batman stories

I thought we were talking about the main title, not the branching books.

I'm just saying that Slott on Batman wouldn't be the nightmare you seem to imply it would be

Priest.

Oh no, I just want him off Amazing Spider-Man, I don't care if he writes pure gold with Batman.

Actually I liked Tomasi's run better than Snyder's and King's.

Care to explain why Priest would be so good on Batman to someone not familiar with his work?

>Batman turns into post-apocalyptic cyberpunk...wait a minute.

He unironically could totally write an interesting Batman Beyond story

This one was mediocre. His Batman adventures was a lot better.

Rather have him on Blue Beetles.

He's better than any writer at the big two right now, except maybe Ellis.

He's also a good fit for a gritty crime thriller book.

He'd also be the first black guy to head Batman, which I'm sure would win DC brownie points

>brownie points
I didn't mean for this to sound as racist as it did

Tommy Wiseau.

Priest, but he has written Batman before.
Gerard Way
Jacques Tardi

Didn't this guy also wrote some Wolverine book (or did he just illustrated it)?
Was it even good?

His art would be kinda odd for a Batman book

I bet Jeff Parker could write a bunch of fun mysteries

No thanks

honestly great choice
Red hood is the best book in the Batline
Lobdell has the best resume DC employs besides Yang and Priest

Keep reading your edgy Snyder drivel, kid.

>Red hood is the best book in the Batline
People keep saying this but it's only true by default if anything. Lobdell has a long history of writing terrible stories but now he should be DC's golden boy because he writes a decent Jason team book on his third try?

Keep reading your "fun" Tomasi, Waid, Slott, Jurgens, Tynion, Orlando, Lobdell, Ryan North drivel, you manchild.

>comparing Parker to those hacks
Piss off.

>Lobdell has the best resume

Lobdell wrote two shitty versions of Red Hood before this - and this is only an improvement in comparison to that dross and dumpster fire.

He's also blamed, by far and large consistently, for ruining Superbro and for shitting on Superboy in his own book and in (as well as the other members) of the Teen Titans in two runs of that book.

People used to wonder what kind of shit he had on Harrass or whomever at DC Editorial to keep getting work.

>Comparing one hack to other hacks

Christopher motherfucking Priest

If they left him on there for 300 issues with no editorial oversight it'd be a problem but otherwise it's fine

How is Parker a hack, pray tell?

Johns ruined Superbro

Both of them ruined Superbro. Perez didn't do him any favors, even if he had editorial over his shoulders each and every day.

There are people who work in workshop conditions, with cameras on them, who have their bags inspected when they walk into their work place, go out to lunch, come back from lunch and leave at the end of the day. Even if I was miserable with my working conditions and/or had been lied to in order to get me to take a job, given that my name was still going to end up on the end-product, I still would have worked on doing a better job IF FOR NO OTHER REASON that my name was going to be slapped on it.

Hickman

John Wagner

Grant

So did Tomasi.

YOST

I think Jim Davis can bring a fresh light on Batman that hasn't been seen before

>brownie points

remender?

Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner.

I guess they would at least take Batman in a new direction?

Already written Batman

>Batman is now having wacky things happen to him and at least one gratuitous page of catwoman on the toilet

King's run is good, I'd ask them to let him finish.

DAMIEN WHERE'S MY PIPE

To be honest, I wouldn't mind that. I really liked his Batman the few times he wrote him.

Pfffftt