How come Disney and CN shows can gather an entire army of fans before the first episode even airs...

How come Disney and CN shows can gather an entire army of fans before the first episode even airs, but Nick shows get ignored and only get small followings later? If anything, it explains why Nick cancels shows when they don't get SpongeBob-tier ratings, because CN and Disney can generate instant hits with little effort.

Nostalgiafags go wild when a show has an ounce of story.

Nick very rarely has something that'd appease these faggots so they stick to live action sitcoms.

And yet the plot-heavy Welcome to the Wayne got ignored.

Because Nick has only ever made one good cartoon, unlike the other two.
And no, it's not that one.

That's because it had bad animation (not really bad but rivaled Sanjay and Craig's animaton) with a ruined reputation by an e-celeb (vailksbum).

Mr meaty?

simple, they dont do much shows about teenagers/hot people. hotness is the key to fandom

And the one time they did, it became considered the greatest cartoon of all time by many. So it's not a Nick prejudice or anything.

What does wanting a show with a consistent plot have to do with being a nostalgiafag?

Viral marketing.

Because nobody really wants to make those now.
The anime craze of the 2000s is long since gone, and the vast majority have already moved on.

What would you have us watch? The Loud House? Only people who like that shit are fans of Mr.Enter.

>Adventure Time
>Friendship is Magic
>Gravity Falls
>Steven Universe
>Star Vs.

Most of the big hit shows that got any level of dedicated fandom of the last decade have been shows that are story/lore driven and have a focus on continuity, it's kind of the in thing

Nick is lucky they had a hit with Loud House for how old fashioned it is in it's delivery of short mini episodes, basically following the 90s comedy formula. But, we all know WHY that show has a fandom and it has little to do with the content of the show...

In any case, continuity =/= exclusive to action shows or shonen crap

>Because nobody really wants to make those now.
Plenty of people do.
Gravity Falls, OTGW, Star vs., Steven Universe, Infinity Train, etc. are all proof that there are a number of people in the industry who want to spend time making shows with an over-arching plot even if they werent executed properly

>le autism locomotive
Fuck off back to AmidiBrew you disgusting roastie.

>, we all know WHY that show has a fandom and it has little to do with the content of the show...
Because it's main audience, kids, find it both funny, relatable, and family driven stories are generally easier to follow than the convoluted mess that is SU or nuAT?

Or are you going to say it's popular because of le wifefoos like the brainlet you are? Because the only reason those other shows you listed are even discussed here are the same damn reason.

>still not gonna admit the LH sucks
Shiet man, I wanna watch some Jay-Z toons. Not some lesson themed, shove it up your own ass show.

Of the actual, existing Sup Forums shows on that list most of them don't even have scripts, you fucking idiots. Their "ongoing plots" are mostly bullshit the fans (like you) buy into whenever they see one episode reference another.

It's sad how much you make fun of weebs and yet secretly, desperately try to find continuity where there is barely any. (And that's without mentioning that even the episodic "writing" in those shows is almost entirely shit.)

Do not talk to me like you are my equal. I am from New England, white and have a high IQ, you are a rural and suburban retard spic from some nigger infested city or flyover state.

>most of them don't even have scripts
I never claimed they did
>"ongoing plots" are mostly bullshit...
That's obviously not true. The connectivity is more than a simple reference. For example GF always planned on introducing The Author at some point. Even if it wasn't always Ford, the plan for the character and the plot progression towards him was deliberate.
>It's sad how much you make fun of weebs
Who has done that here?

3/10

You're funny, smart people don't argue with retards.
They also don't watch shitty nick toons.

GF is the only one that had actual writers you fucking faggot. That's why I said "mostly". But I should've known you'd try this retarded trolling.
>Who has done that here?
Sup Forums does it all the time.

>moving the goalposts
yawn
>Sup Forums does it all the time.
Sup Forums is more than one person don't embarrass yourself by pretending there's some sort of prevailing collective opinion

>Sup Forums does it all the time.
Sup Forums also has fucking toonami threads
They'd have a /dbzg/ if the mods allowed it

>Nostalgiafags go wild when a show has an ounce of story.
Fucking nailed it user. I knew there was something about typical fans of story based cartoons that I didn't like.

>moving the goalposts
You keep using that phrase, but it doesn't mean what you think it means.

Oh, and Sup Forums doesn't just have a collective opinion, no it's a fucking hivemind. Unironically.
And said threads are mostly filled with discussion of when the block will shut down. Lots of weebs in there, clearly.

One anime being an exception because of the sheer number of nostalgiafags is irrelevant.

>getting mad about a reaction image

Found the Rick & Morty fan

>had
it’s getting a second season

>it's a fucking hivemind. Unironically.

I just think the shows are just better, mostly in their stand alone episode than what nick has to offer.

Also, let's not forget that Nostalgia fags can apply to how plebs want their humor in shows or the classic learning your lesson shit at the end of every damn episode.

Never said the shows were bad, in fact some are quite good. I just don't like the nostalgia fags is all.

I mean, I don't think anyone aside from nostalgia fags like them, but still.

Everyone wants a story driven show, and I’m here wanting a new show with just random adventures with slight continuity, will pic related answer my prayers?

>Having a plot is exclusive to anime and anime-inspired things

Spiritual successor to Regular Show I'm looking forward to this

>Their "ongoing plots" are mostly bullshit the fans (like you) buy into whenever they see one episode reference another.

That's a blatant lie. Practically every season of FIM for example starts with a clear story arc that by the end of the season is resolved. It doesn't always happen exactly like that, but more often than not, and there are different story arcs going on through out the show all the time, characters actually have individual arcs and evolve through out the series, there is a (fairly) clearly defined mythos that any newcomer would likely be confused by had they not been following it, that's what I mean by continuity. It is not purely episodic where every episode goes back to the status quo by the end of it, which Loud House seems to be that kind of show, not saying there's anything wrong with that, but my point is that continuity and story driven shows are what's mainly popular and mainly the shows that have developed dedicated fanbases, and they are, it's clear you're just a nostalgia fag who hasn't even watched most of the shows you're attempting to critique. Go watch your Teen Titans, your true colors have been shown.

I said fandom, I assume when we're talking about fandoms on Sup Forums, we're talking about the adult fandoms....kids watch any show they're put in front of, and desu I have no fucking clue WHAT shows are popular among kids.

>Because the only reason those other shows you listed are even discussed here are the same damn reason.
Nah, the fact that they have lore and continuity is a big catch for a lot of people, especially people around these parts where being able to actually discuss a show is a big deal, and a big reason why people hate Loud fags so much since all they do is spam waifus.

The show you're talking about is not Sup Forums. I explicitly excluded it from the discussion:
>Of the actual, existing Sup Forums shows on that list

And BTW one issue I have with Teen Titans is that it's a bit too episodic as well.

>WE ARE THE Sup Forums HIVE MIND. WE DO NOT TOLERATE RACISM, MISOGYNY, WH*TE "PEOPLE", DRUMPF, Sup Forums, OR TRANSPHOBIA HERE