Why is Marvel incapable of making a good team book about young heroes?

Why is Marvel incapable of making a good team book about young heroes?

Nobody likes teenagers. At all.

New x-men was good.

YA books are trash. That said Runaways first few volumes were dope but that's it.

Runaways was good

because they are a bunch of old men that never grew up so they have no understanding of what a modern teenager/kid is like/would want to be. Also Marvel has gone full retard and most heroes can be summarized with one trait thus making them near unlikable to anyone.

Academy X was kind of weak but it picked up when Craig and Yost took over it really picked up.

the problem is that was TEN YEARS AGO

Lobdell's issues of GenX are better than anything DC released besides Warren's Gen13

Because nobody at Marvel is young enough to write in that voice convincingly.

>3 different groups
>everyone is a variation or legacy version of already existing popular character

>runaways characters were wholly original within an original concept

>only one of these four has stood the test of time.
>i wonder why?

The original Young Avengers was dope

Fuck you user

>only one of these four has stood the test of time.
by test of time do you mean "Until BKV left the title"?

Because they think young readers are idiots who only want to be flattered. So they don't give the characters any real flaws and, hence, they write boring characters.

it was a clusterfuck and you know it Heinberg

I think young hero teams are stupid because they'll either get killed or cause more havoc due to their inexperience. Like why in the fuck is Kamala Avenger status now?

test of time is meaning remain useful or valued over a long period of time. Pop music comes and goes, but classical music has stood the test of time. You can still read runaways and enjoy it but Champions is already aging like sour milk.

The first Young Avengers run and Runaways work because one group was filling the void of all the dead heroes and the other were, well, runaways just trying to survive.

it came out as sour milk.

They used to be able to. They had several good books with young heroes once upon a time.

Then Avengers Arena happened...

true enough, I still can't figure out what their end game was with that shit.

>America
>young

That bitch is like 45.

New Mutants... but then they grew up and we got X-Force...

The good teen books eventually become adults, X-Men, Spider-Man, New Mutants,

>hating on Heinberg's work

we had good teen books right up till about 2010 then shit got really bad really fast.

shut up waid

>Academy X was kind of weak but it picked up when Craig and Yost took over it really picked up.

>I like murder and child maiming.

I had so much hope for Champions. If only they put someone like Wilson or Thompson on the book instead of Waid...

do you really miss Tag, DJ, and Quill?

Academy X was perfectly fine and you and your shitty waifu can piss off.

I could go either way with Laura, but the Hellions were more interesting than most of Dani's New Mutants.

>forgetting avengers academy
but its basically because teen heroes need to age up. "growing up" is always their whole character arc

but the problem with that is when they age up, so does the universe
that means Peter grows a few years, Tony will have to start showing some grey hairs, and the
and everyone else who actually ages will be closer to their death bed

its much easier to just kill them off once their arc is complete and act like it never happened

Fuck this battle royal bullshit
>"Those hunger games movies are popular, let's make something similar, our fans will love it"
Fucking garbage

Arena was great, Undercover was the shitty one

Even teenagers don't like teenagers.

Tag was a Bro. I also miss Sofia, Jay and most of the characters before they were mutilated and overpowered.

>Likes his own post
What a fucking loser

>Sup Forums stop story timing champions
>Sup Forums hates tom king
>Vivi turns black
>Sup Forums started caring about champions

WHAT THE FUCK?

>Arena was great

>Marvel makes no attempt to hide it as a Battle Royale/Hunger Ganes clone
>comic fully embraces the insanity
>only complaint is "wah why are they killing off characters" despite that being the whole point

>Enjoying wanton destruction of good characters for the sake of/editor autism
Also it wasn't good, there was no actual suspense, just decompressed bullshit with some shock splash pages, the art sucked, the characterization was off and Hopeless ignored the characters' actual abilities and intelligence. Fuck you

>t. Edgelord

>wah why are they killing characters in this Hunger Games inspirsed series

Did you miss all of the non "death" related complaints I had? I'll repeat them for you
> there was no actual suspense, just decompressed bullshit with some shock splash pages, the art sucked, the characterization was off and Hopeless ignored the characters' actual abilities and intelligence. Fuck you
Fuck you.

The post-decimation stuff was where New X-men really picked up, but part of the reason it worked so well is because it was building off all of the Academy X stories.

May Parker's halfway house for runaway teenage heroes was pretty good. Then they killed off Peter.

>ree why isn't the comic exclusively catered to me
Characterfags I swear. The suspense was great, especially when Laura went berserker, the shock was well executed and expected given the nature of the comic, and the art was great. If you don't like Kev Walker then you can go die

>only complaint is "wah why are they killing off characters" despite that being the whole point
What? How does that fucking negate the complaint? No one ASKED for a fucking shitty Battle Royale clone.

If the customer knew what they wanted everyone would be out of a job

If Marvel knew what they were doing, so would Hopeless

And he did and it was the only good thing he's written