I was so wrapped up in my hate that I didn't realize this was a NGE reference. Now I'm in love

I was so wrapped up in my hate that I didn't realize this was a NGE reference. Now I'm in love

Other urls found in this thread:

knowyourmeme.com/photos/781605-final-fantasy
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Only autistic people dislike the masterpiece that is Noe Yokio.

truth

Is it genuinely the "The Room" of Anime? And before you ask no I'm not pulling that journalist crap. I'm being serious.

Is the anime really so bad that it's a masterpiece?

Well, I suppose the answer is yes if The Room was intentionally designed to be shit.

I mean, really, this series is really hard to categorise. It has its moments, but... it's just *odd*. Like a parody that they took seriously. I kind of liked it, if only because some of the voice acting was genuinely hilarious. Not Jaden's, though. That guy still sucks.

The characters are great but what's bad about it is it has no identity. Maybe it was meant to be a parody but they toned it down because they liked the characters?
I mean maybe you could say that its about MC realizing that his paradise isn't what he thinks it is, but then they'd need another season to expand on that.

It's an absurd satire that forgot to be a satire

>Is the anime really so bad that it's a masterpiece?

I think it's an intentional parody of New York high society, but I don't know. Every bit of it is played so straight that it's completely ambiguous whether it's an intentional parody or whether it's written by a New York socialite with no self awareness.

Not really. The Room is funny because there is no self awareness to it and all the stupidity is played absolutely straight and sincere. Neo Yokio is incredibly self aware and plays almost everything tongue in cheek. Think of it as its own Abridged Series. Or maybe just as a parody of anime in general.

It's a good show that needs to get its act together if it gets a next season for it has quite a few flaws.

>Dude it's shit on purpose lmao
If you enjoyed it that's fine, but keep it to yourself.

It's really more baffling than anything. You can tell that they wanted it to be a parody show, but it's genuinely hard to tell when they are trying to do a parody and when they're just trying to be serious and failing at it. Like, it makes fun of New York high society and the bourgeois, while at the same time playing it completely straight and having the one person vocally opposed to it be a weird anarchist nutjob.

it had so many good moments

>tolborone
>midnight blue
>north cakalaky
>berating widowers in cemeteries
>mind if I vape
>you're a homophobe
>I would do it for a homie. I am your homie right? say it. say I'm your homie.

>>berating widowers in cemeteries
that whole scene from him visiting the grave to that was hilarious, I don't care what you guys say. I got more than a few decent laughs out of this show. I am high all the time though so take that for what it's worth.

its so GOOD its a masterpeice
no but seriously its a solid show

I think the best way to describe it is a serious story told in a parody setting in which everyone is completely obsessed with the pettiest High Society bullshit. Every character takes the story 100% seriously because in their world, choosing the proper suit color or being declared the #1 most eligible bachelor is seen as a thousand times more interesting than fighting a demon.

>dear, snacks are ready!
>I have to go. ...Snacks are ready
My roommate and I quote that all the time.

I watched the first episode and I guess it's mildly amusing as a satire of ultra rich people.

Wait till you realize how much they steal from P. G. Wodehouse.

It's pretty good. Mercifully short.

Its intentional in this case mate.

It's quite enjoyable.

Doubly so if you're from NYC and understand what they're parodying. High society is way way out of my reach, but I know a few wealthy folks and they have the same "working rich resent the idle rich" mentality Jaden has.

Water ain't weak, yo.

>The Metropolitan Museum of Art will run red with the blood of the bourgeoisie
>x is the most melancholy y
wouldn't mind another series

>Throwing in random references to shit makes it good

You into Family Guy, too?

ah that explains why i hated this show

How are that references? The joke is how they were implemented and the absurdism of the situation.

Tolborone is a literal fucking meme reference you underage faggot

knowyourmeme.com/photos/781605-final-fantasy

Also something being absurd doesn't automatically make it not shallow referencing you fucking idiot

>dude its random on purpose 2deep4u

>WHOA HE MENTIONED VAPING IN AN ANIME
>WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

But the reference to toblerone has nothing to do with that. You are missing the point.

Its the fact that its huge, expensive, and nobody would eat somethign that big. Its pourpose is to show how it is just a shallow gift that rich people would give to each other.

>scrotie mcboogerballs is actually really deep guys

Just because you're trying too hard to reach for dept and over analyze something doesn't mean anything, have you even passed 8th grade literature? They should have beat this out of you then.

I don't think that meme has as much widespread appeal that you think it does. I'm fairly certain most - if not all - of the people that worked on the show either don't know that meme or barely remember it

And that, user is why you don't deserve a big Toblerone!

Speaking of which these things i guess have been around a while but desu until i saw this show i never heard of or even noticed them before. Now i see them in every supermarket.

>What do you live here now?

>I wish i lived here

>Yeah, me too!

that's not the funny part it's that the powder wig wearing judge is supposed to be the most threatening guy in the show then he whips out a fucking vape pen is just you know what I'm not explaining the joke because you either have the tisms or are baiting

Best part of the whole show.

>its like so randommmm

Yeah man, the unexpected and playing with expectations is one of the pillars of comedy.

There can and should still be a logic to it

>it was meant to be a parody but they toned it down because they liked the characters?
That's the impression that I got when watching it and seeing the interviews about it. They set out to do an ironic anime pastiche but then in the process ended up growing unironically attached to the characters and wanted to do a serious story with character arcs and shit for them.

It causes the whole thing to walk this really weird line where you can't tell if they're being serious or not. There's a lot of stuff that seems like obvious jokes but then other parts where they seem like unintentional jokes. It's odd, but no less entertaining.

>I would do it for a homie. I am your homie right? say it. say I'm your homie
Archangelo was a fucking treasure

There was no reference. The guy was just carrying a comically big Toblerone around.

You mean regular Toblerones or BIG Toblerones? Because I'm not sure how you've never seen a regular toblerone, but I've never seen a BIG toblerone in person.

How about this?

It starts out so bad its good, but along the way they started to take it more seriously.

This way, it makes you want more because they already sucked you in with the so bad its good thing?

Which makes the entire series play out like a parody, but you cant quite tell if they're genuinely making an effort or just throwing shit on the wall and having a laugh. Probably both

>tfw Arcangelo will never be your homie.
>you'll never get to squash with your homie.

>tumblr side
how the fuck did the discussion go from neo yokio to gender politics so suddenly?

They're posting in reference to the scene where the black dude turns into a woman and talks about gender

And there is, because despite vaping having a reputation for being a stupid hipster thing it was still meant as an alternative for smoking. Exactly why the Rememberancer was vaping.

that shit was hilarious

>that scene with Archangelo and Mila on either side of Kaz dragging him out for a night of partying
I can't be the only one who immediately starting thinking about a threesome.
He was entirely justified in being pissed at Kaz. That lesbian was hot. And the two purses thing was great.

No user, you don't deserve any toblerone, for having shit taste