Is there an English version?

Frontline Combat
Two Fisted Tales
Aces High

The 'Nam is good

Enemy

Ace

Charlie's War

It was a war in the trenches and goddamn this war! both by Jacques Tardi are really good.
Especially the part where it's just small excerpts of people who died way too soon in a pointless war.

>Onward Towards Our Noble Deaths (WW)
Second this. WW2 memoir by Shigeru Mizuki, very good

>Charlies War
A Tommy's eye view of ww1 that pulls no punches
>Fiends of the Eastern Front
German soldiers vs vampires in ww2
>Wunderwaffen
What if German got their crazy rocket planes and jet bombers to work in time to make a difference

This is the best one I've ever read.

The Terminal Lance for some laughs.

The Terminal Lance graphic novel, "The White Donkey", for some tears.

Also, what said.

good taste user.
i actually got to meet max and got a signature on my copy of the white donkey. he was cool and took time to talk to everyone

This.

The 'Nam definitely.

corto maltese celtic tales

The Other Side by Jason Aaron

good book but it tries too hard to be dark.

War Comics set in the Vietnam War

I kickstarted it. Worth every penny.

Someone needs to storytime it on here or on Sup Forums one day.

here user

War Comics set in WW I
foxhugh.com/war-comics/5-war-comics-set-in-ww-i/

War Comics set in the Vietnam War
foxhugh.com/war-comics/8-war-comics-set-in-the-vietnam-war/

War Comics set in the War in Afghanistan
foxhugh.com/war-comics/9-war-comics-set-in-afghanistan/

War Comics set in the Iraq War
foxhugh.com/war-comics/10-war-comics-set-in-iraq/

last one

the Night Witches

Ernie Pike's war chronicles, by Pratt, the author of Corto Maltese, and Oesterheld (the Eternauta). All sides, no propaganda, just people.
It helps that Pratt took part in ww2 in his teens.

Everything posted so far, plus War Story for tears and Adventures in the Rifle Brigade for... well, you'll see. Also,
Sam Glanzman's USS Stevens.
Ennis' and Dysart's Unknown Soldier.
And seconding Charley's War because it's just that good.

>Ennis' Unknown Soldier.
eeehh

hahaha
female pilot

's good enough. Even if Fury MAX did basically the same thing but ten times better.

Found the retard. There were a LOT of female soviet pilots.

Hey guys, this is a long shot, but when I was real little my brother had these war comics he let me read, they were grotesque and gory, Im pretty sure there was also cursing, and the plot involved I think either Demons or Zombies or maybe both. Anyways if anyone could clue in on what these comics were from my distant past I would be forever grateful. thanks.

didn't say they didn't have female Soviet pilots.

which war?
Requiem?

Pretty much anything Joe Kubert did, especially with Robert Kanigher.

thanks, i've been looking for this.

Came here to post this.

your too slow

Also got Max to sign my copy. Threw up the terminal lance hand signs and asked him to draw a dick on my copy. He laughed and did it, saying it was the best idea all day.

Dogs of War.

War Stories, Battlefields and Alan's war
Waltz with Bashir has a comic adaptation as well, if you haven't watched the movie.

If you want some comedy after all the serious war stories, there is Army@Love, which has the US make increasingly bad decisions to keep up enrolment after the war in "Afbaghistan" goes on for way too long.
Bad ideas include allowing soldiers to have cell phones when in combat (it was written in 2007), and encourage orgies at company retreats to improve morale

Im fairly sure it was Vietnam although it could have been WW2. It must have been released sometime between 89 and 99 because I was pretty young when I read it and I dont imagine my brother had it for very long. It was some gory, disembowelment and rotting skulls type stuff, not something from the 60s or 70s I imagine.

There were also plenty of female snipers during WW2.
To be fair though, it was mostly out of desperation, Russia was just losing absolute fucking mountains of men during the war and needed whatever they could find. Got so bad at one point that during Stalingrad several battalions ended up blowing themselves up with hand grenades because of just how poorly trained some of the conscripts were.

Actually want to story time that on the 11th after work (about 7pm mst) for remembrance day.
Never story timed before, anything I should know or is it pretty much as simple as "just upload all the pages in order?"

Looks interesting. Are you a frog or where'd you get it?

Fury: My War Gone By is great

I recommend installing 4chanX so you can queue the pages up in the right order.
The only other bit of "advice" would be use your phone data if you have it to start the thread, then post from a computer to keep it bumped. That is technically against the rules, but I don't know of any Sup Forums bans for it

You can usually start bumping your own thread before it reaches page 10 so I don't think that would be much of an issue.

>Alan's war

Good one, a very different kind of war story.

>Waltz with Bashir

Better one, I never saw the movie but I loved the comic. Will bring tears to your eyes.

I like his work but Max as a person lost respect from me after the whole Charlottesville shit because he sperged out hard as fuck about politics and whatnot.

This is great

Post the one about the Why are we fighting

>This Entire Fucking Thread

There was a reboot but it didn't last too long.

Here ya go user

>Adventures in the Rifle Brigade

I really need to read this again.

>charley bourne
good grief

Bump

The Creature Commandos was a pretty good read. Old school monsters vs nazis with a really cynical spin on the whole thing.

This is my favorite,although is vey sad,Tardi has other great comic about the first ww

Creature Commandos

It was also translated to English and Spanish. Anyway, if you're interested in reading something WWI related, I suggest you to look up some of Jacques Tardi's work.

>Malvinas war
Nice comic from my country, Tortas Fritas De Polenta

DC comics Weird War

Would any of you kind anons happen to have a rip of Goddamn this war?

The revived Vertigo series was great. Had some of the biggest names on it, and one of the first Morrison/Quietly pairing. I expected a revival when Vertigo was doing all those anthologies under Bond.

This is my favorite from all the Ennis' War comics. Other of his war comics are great as well.