VOTE!

Who do you want to direct Man of Steel 2?
strawpoll.me/14308945

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D4dT2eBWI2M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

me

>Who do you want to direct Man of Steel 2?
Does it really matter? Warner is the one in control anyway.

Why people want bad movies to have sequels?

>Why people want bad movies to have sequels?
1 - There is a massive amount of potential in the cast and world Mos set up, it just needs to be tapped in a way audiences will enjoy more.
2 - I love over 90% of Mos with every fiber of my being and deny the idea that it is a bad movie.

I hope jj abrams gets blacklisted and he can stop making disturbingly empty mechanical turk movies

Sam Ramey

Tommy Wiseau

Whoever does it I really hope they don't dwell on relationship drama with Clark & Lois.
Just have them be together & be happy.
Showing them doing some investigative reporting together would be nice.
A smaller scale story like with Parasite and or Metallo and them investigating their mysterious origins would lend itself to such.

Bump

Villeneuve would be pretty interesting. Loved BR2049, but I don't know if he can pull the Donner-tier whimsical, innocent nature of Supes.
Brad Bird could be interesting, I think he can pull it off, but my guess is that if he'll direct a Superman movie, I have a gut feeling that it would end up as a serviceable, bland, Episode 7-tier schlock.
Honestly, what I want right now is someone who gets it. Is that so hard to get?
Just get Morrison to write the script.
Or fuck it, just greenlight Tartakovsky's animated Superman movie.

>whimsical, innocent
Isn't that more Captain Marvel? Shouldn't it be more optimistic and uplifting?

>no MICHAEL BAY

There's also a whimsical and innocent angle in Superman, though. He still has the "childlike curiosity and wonder" angle going on.
But yeah, I would say Captain Marvel is and should be more whimsical and innocent, while Supes is more optimistic and uplifting.

Oh, I totally agree when left alone in their individual vacuums, but even on the slim chance that they may show up in the same movie following the expected restructuring of the universe following JL, I don't think they would want a characteristic overlap demonstrated by two characters so similar. They would probably want to individualize them. Then again, between whimsical, innocent, optimistic, and uplifting, if the point of the DCEU 2.0 is to put the characters back into their individual sandboxes withing the shared universe, you'd probably only need to focus on differentiation within the context of a potential crossover.

Ok, why there's no Zack Snyder on the list?

Paul WS Anderson. He is free now that he isn't doing Resident Evil anymore. The question is what character would Jovobitch play?

I think JA Bayonara will do it after Jurassic World, assuming that doesn't flop and WB even lets anyone make a Superman film after Snyder botched the job so badly.

I want Brainiac, that's all I fucking want. I'd settle for Metallo but I really want Brainiac.

>90% of Mos with every fiber of my being and deny the idea that it is a bad movie.

I would agree with you that there's a lot of potential in the cast, albeit the way Diane Lane was used, both as a plot device, a victim and in the dialogue she was given leaves her as damages as Faux Pa Kent, and the world set up in MoS, and I also really like Henry as Superman, albeit again Snyder clearly had no interest in Clark Kent and I am not sure how they will be able to bring him back as a journalist and bring back the Planet other than as a home base for Lois - that all said, more than half of MoS makes for an average movie and more than 10% of it makes it a bad movie.

Denial is, in most cases, a bad thing, old chum.

Since he was passed up for Shazam, I wonder how Sam raimi would direct a sequel

Sam Hyde

I voted for the winner: other, without really having anyone in particular in mind.

If I was told that WB was working off a list and IT had to be someone on that list, I would select Joe Johnston because I like him, I think he would get the character and do a good job.

Villeneuve is pretty talented but I was left thinking he either had a lot of interference from Scott OR the studio because Blade Runner (while attractive and well made) was too much TELL and very little SHOW, much less very little, 'let the audience guess' - especially when compared to Arrival. BR2049 was pretty predictable and unimaginative plot wise, once you realized it wasn't Ryan (and there was like 25% of movie still after that point for me).

I'd like to see them adapt First Thunder, with Captain Marvel and Superman facing off against the Rock, but that's probably two movies away for it to happen, especially if they go along with a Black Adam solo film, which remains a patently stupid idea.

Zack Snyder

If not available. Ang Lee or Raimi

AS long as they keep Snyder away

Lol at all these people picking blade runner dude. He's certainly a talented director but i would not want him for Superman due to his dower, foggy style of direction. Maybe he is more versatile than that but this isn't a grounded character, we need someone with experience directing things that can be fantastic.

JewJew Abrahms is okay but fuck him and his fucking buddies for fucking killing star trek. I will always fucking hate him.

Brad Bird is a great choice but Tomorrow Land was a bust and we have yet to see Incredibles 2, he might be out of steam

mattew vaugn, rian johnston and joe johnston are ok too but this is superman and it needs more then just competent direction, even synder brought more than that.

I pick Edwards and thats for one reason. RESTRAINT. The dude directed a movie about giant fucking monsters and didn't over do it. I am still surprised that in an age of Transformers shit with aliens blowing up sky scrapers every 10 seconds and cg cameras swinging all over the goddamn place, this guy directed a giant monster movie that was measured and built up properly and coherently. Then in Rogue One we saw great cinematography and one of the best star wars space fights in recent history. I wanna see this dude make a superman movie like that, restrained, small, and with a proper build up to something fantastic.

didnt you make this thread recently?

Either way, Snyder is who i want, though from your list i guess Villeneuve.

Who do you want op?

Why do people want Snyder? I liked MoS but BvS was terrible and JL looks like it will either be terrible or mediocre. Snyder is awful at character scenes, his best work is action scenes.

i really like a majority of his work, including BvS.

JL does looks mediocre as fuck though yeah.

Someone with Kino taste who’s made Kinos.

Pic-VERY MUCH-related.

/thread

i cannot explain the love of Zack "the hack" Snyder on Sup Forums or Sup Forums at all. MoS is terrible and dreary, and BvS is a convoluted terrible mess.

THIS
H
I
S

Because he has some measure of artistic vision and that gets the auteur theory cultists into defence mode, because any artistic vision no matter how fucking awful is inherently better then a filthy studio picture.

Same people who defend PT-era Lucas.

I like his visual style, but MoS indicates that the director position still has too much influence on the story too, not only visuals. So, yeah, he's a net negative.

His batman concept was god horrible.
Pass.

For all his faults and shortcomings, PT era Lucas was still more sincere than Disney Wars, which torpedoed the whole storyline into cyclical or even negative-progress redundancy for muh nostalgia bucks.

Lucas merely failed to live up to the OT, while Disney Wars made the OT pointless and it's a zombie franchise now.

Superman NEEDS a Kino Director like this.

Add him to the list, OP!

>which torpedoed the whole storyline into cyclical or even negative-progress redundancy for muh nostalgia bucks.

I love this alternate universe idea of storytelling where they could to an OT sequel that somehow doesn't effect the ending of Jedi at all.

Also Lucas has built his entire fucking career out of nostalgia for shit he liked as a kid, you don't to pretend that Star Wars is somehow above that thanks to it being bought by big mean old Disney and that making a certain subset of people react differently to them compared literally every other studio on Earth.

>sincere

Tommy Wiseau was sincere. I'm tired of Lucas getting a pass because apparently he's a nine-year old who "tried his best" while running one of the biggest and most profitable franchises on Earth for thirty years.

Lucas did more damage to the series then Disney could ever hope to with the PT. Stop letting your anger of Big Mean Disney get min the way of how shit the PT is and how hard it undermined the OT story.

>an OT sequel that somehow doesn't effect the ending of Jedi at all

I feel you. My 10% is the ending fight and the Kents.

Snyder.

MOS may be a flawed film, but it's still his vision and story to tell.

Yes, because when I think of quality storytelling my mind goes to The Balled of Bubsy the Jedi vs The Edgelord Sith Squad.

And that still impacted the ending, it's just a "good" version of what happens after ROTJ. The notion that people are mad that Luke didn't create a Temple that lasted for a millennia and Hand and Leia didn't have nineteen magic space children and stay married forever is retarded.

>when I think of quality storytelling my mind goes to The Ballad of Mary Sue the Jedi vs The Edgelord Sith Cosplayer

>Mary Sue

It's almost like the pulp archetypes that Star Wars is playing off of have different styles for characters then modern writing.

I sure can't wait for you start calling John Carter and Flash Gordon Mary Sues next.

But those guys had to learn shit before they could do shit instead of getting new powers in cutscenes as the video game progresses.

Is Iron Giant that great that Brad Bird is leading?

I don't think it's really fair to put Denis Villeneuve on the list. He is far and away the best director on that list, and I don't think he'd consider trying to turn around the mess Snyder left behind.

>But those guys had to learn shit before they could do shit

Have you read those stories?

Carter was a supreme badass because he was human and could jump high. Gordon was a football star, which apparently gave him the skill to be a master combatant and grand hero of the rebellion. These guys did not go through traditional three-act arcs wherein they gained awesome new abilities. The were awesome when the stories started.

Even Luke's arc in ANH was basically "I listened to the ghost and now I can suddenly blow up the ship." just because he got his ass kicked more doesn't mean he had some amazing arc in that first film.

The stories Lucas is playing with don't go by the same dramatic and character rules as modern storytelling. I don't see why that should change for Rey, her arc was entirely emotional instead of physical.

And yes, I'd say the same thing if Rey was a guy.

T H I S
H
I
S
The only decent name in this thread

Neil Breen.
Though to be honest, it wouldn't much different than what Zack Snyder did

>Man of Tuna

Just like Zack Snyder, he'll have a completely unique vision and new direction of Superman...

That nobody wants to see.

>Man of laptops

He'll also do the most competent job compared to other names. Nobody with decent taste wants to see another shitty MCU tier movie.

>Snyder has no interest in Clark Kent
His scenes in the BvS ultimate edition say otherwise

>three more investigation scenes means he cares about Clark

Those were plot padding, not actual character moments.

Then why the fuck didn't he cut the Knightmare scene, which makes it look like DCEU Superman is one dead chick away from going evil, and keep the fucking Clark Kent scenes so we could actually give a shit when Superman dies? Why hold a fucking open casket funeral making it really fucking hard to handwave Clark Kent's return? The leaks have them just ignoring that shit to get Clark his old job back but it just makes me pissed Snyder even did it in the first place.

0/10 poll, no selection for "There shouldn't be a MoS2.

I'd rather have a complete reboot of the DCU.

Henry is nice and all, but he's too associated with this trainwreck.

>Got you, pham.

Will warner actually take this poll into consideration or will it just be like what they did with injustice

Brad Bird.

youtube.com/watch?v=D4dT2eBWI2M

Zack Snyder.