ITT : characters being called on their bullshit

ITT : characters being called on their bullshit

Johns tries to make his OCs look tough by making them talk smack to Batman. It's just embarrassing when even with their superpowers, Batman can kick their ass.

you mean like that?

one punch

This was always stupid to me.Hal was a mass murderer and they all got mad because batman hated him.

Batman can only kick their ass because he's more popular. In any objective scenario Superman/GL win. Except maybe Hal, he's a little retarded.

same.

Johns created John Stewart?

Batman can disable Superman with Kryptonite. And we have seen multiple times he has methods to disable the other members of the league like in Tower of Babel or Forever Evil.

lots of good points here

ouch.

That surely makes him the most qualified to lecture on the subject

You know who else can disable Superman with Kryptonite? Literally anyone who has a piece, because it's fucking Kryptonite. It used to be so common that even people on a deserted island could build a catapult hurling huge boulders of the stuff. It doesn't come FROM Batman, it's only exclusive to him and Luthor now because they hoard it.

Why doesn't Batman or Luthor steal the other one's Kryptonite stash?

I like the idea of two capes, neither with super intelligence, playing chess. In fiction only geniuses play chess. I'd like to think flash and supes are both kind of shit.

False equivalence. Smoking kills you. Guns and vicious dogs kill other people. Speeding kills you and others. Not recycling kills wildlife.

not when he still keeps doing it, despite telling other people they shouldn't

I wouldnt listen to someone's relationship advice if they had been divorced multiple times.

>batman lecturing people about not reigning in rogues
>all he fucking does is drop his rogues off at arkham, then acts surprised when they go out and murder 100 people again the moment they escape (which they have done over and over and over and over again)

>it's another "why doesn't batman just murder people despite no one else bitching about the same thing for every other super hero" post

Maybe after losing one or two Robins, but after four, he's just being irresponsible and his advice is worthless.

This. Batman's rogues are not under control at all. At least Flash's rouges have a gentlemans agreement with Flash not to cross certain lines, and there is a respect that goes bith ways there. Bat villians are just mass murdering nutters.

>Man, Pa was right about niggers
>You better 'step off my bff, you little bitch'
>That glow reminds me of kryptonite
>Shove that ring up 'yo ass' if you make Bruce angst in his cave for weeks again
>Okay, seriously, Hal is fucking mass murderer, and this is the guy who flat out refuses to kill. Be humble, sit down.

I've never really liked Stewert. It might be the whole military hardass thing.

yeah but why should he kill them when the law doesn't?

Anti-Batfags are eternally mad

Not entirely
>Never tell them to patrol during the day, lawnmowers are a bitch on their tiny underdeveloped feet
>Oh and guided trips to Arkham to get them up to speed on the whole alphabet thing might not cut it

Tbf they should all take a clue from Stardust the Superwizard, he would take care of those rogues permanently.

Depending on the writer, both Barry and Supes have been portrayed with super intelligence

Supes is genuinely shit at chess, he lost every time.

>Batman can disable Superman with Kryptonite
And how many times has Superman been able to overcome the effects of Kryptonite, if only momentarily, to win the day? It all points to contraint, Superman is almost always holding back because he doesn't want to kill anyone. The Superman/Batman story "Who Would Win?" still says it best. If Superman absolutely, unreservedly wanted to kill Batman, it would be done in a single second, Kryptonite or no.

It would be if Flash were actually making he argument that this is what they should do. He's just slamming it home that the mindset Supes was in there was a slippery slope and he was leaping down it head first.

>tfw you remember the Injustice comics used to be fun and interesting

There were so many absurd twists of logic in Injustice, all just to try and make Superman look wrong. Literally everything had to be worst case scenario, and everyone went full retard just to make it look like a bad idea for Superman to run the world.

The other guys usually are just criminals. The Rogues for instance have a code and just want to make money. Lex only wants to kill Superman. Arthur, Hal, and Diana DO try to kill their rogues.

>Supes is genuinely shit at chess, he lost every time.
Didn't he win the first couple of games?

Barry has to be smart since he works in forensics, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's a genius. He could just be good at his job. Plus, being smart about a specific thing also doesn't mean he'd be anything above average at chess
I don't know, maybe I'd just like to see chess being used as a game in fiction like it is most of the time in real life instead of some heady intellectual boxing match

This. If a badguy had kryptonite, Supes would go the distance to stop them.

HERO

>it's another "why doesn't batman just murder people
I literally never said that

he could build his own super-prison for all I care, but acting as though the police and arkham are the be-all end-all solution is retarded because it clearly doesn't work

>why doesn't batman just have a secret prison where he illegally locks everyone up
You are actually retarded

he's already illegally attacking criminals

stop acting like vigilantism isn't a crime

Punisher 2099 had a dumb fucking prison as well. It worked out poorly.

honestly kryptonite is kind of a moot point when supes could kill batman from way outside it's effective range. even if bats had protection against heat vision, supes could literally hurl rocks or metal pieces at him at gigantic speeds from halfway accross the globe or even just fuck up the whole damn planet if he was that determined. so could flash or a GL.
Batman is only put on their level via popularity, if we were to be "serious" about it no amount of stupid prep time or gadgets would save him.

He's been officially endorsed by the GCDP a few times

Pretty sure there was one time where Superman smashed through a robot made of kryptonite too. That shit only gets him when writers need some plot device

Batman does have a secret Bat Prison.

There's a difference between stopping people form hurting others and kidnapping and locking them away my man...

then, just like any police officer, he has right to lethally take out criminals if the threat they pose is grave enough

>Supes is genuinely shit at chess, he lost every time.
>Wins the first game in those panels
>being this fucking blind

can't he counter it's effects by absorbing shittons of sun energy and finishing the job before the surplus stamina ends?

That's not how being a cop works, user.

>B-b-b-but it wasn't him! It was P-p-p-parallax!
If he's "the man without fear" then how do you explain the physical embodiment of fear literally hijacking his brain?

but he ISN'T "stopping" them at all, because they ALL escape
at best he is "delaying" civilian murders

so how does it work then? please, do tell, because I can name several real life police officers who have done exactly that and not been tried for murder

bruce does have a point
supes does complain about wanting to be normal. yet when he loses his powers he complains about that and wants them back

He's capturing active criminals and turning them over to the government to deal with.

Cops aren't suppose to kill people unless there is literally no other choice you fucking retard. Stop

He stopped a crime in progress. That's all he's obligated to do as Batman.

Because apparently you don't know what hyperbole is

Depends on the writer. Sometimes miniscule amounts incapacitate him almost instantly, other times, this happens. Although he did pass out soon after, IIRC.

Clark looks funny in this page.

Batman is great.

>and everyone went full retard just to make it look like a bad idea for Superman to run the world
Which is dumb since Superman running the world was proven to not work in the past

>Bat-fags are eternally stupid

Although to be fair it's probably those loads of batjizz they take down their gullet every month.

But this shows at the same time how Batman isn't really that well capacitaded to be Super. He always has gone over the limit with training, his rage or his "security", and yet at the same he doesn't actually try to help his villians to reform like the Flash or Superman does.

He already has a secret prison you casual retards.

When did he said anything about murder? All bats needs to do is improve the confinement, ask Mister Miracle for help with designing the cells, ask Superman for help with building the location, get some AI to watch out for everything without it going full terminator, shit like that. The reason why Bats doesn't do shit about it is because he is as crazy as the people he is beating up.

Ok, considering the joker has escaped from Arkham LITERALLY dozens of times (and every time he does, he murders innocent people), and that's all the courts see fit to do with him, then the only other choice is to kill him in order to save lives

Is nobody going to tell Uatu that interacting with people and guiding their actions os an action itself?

well he was going slowely powermad during that issue (because of the curse. bats got powermad, supes got depressed and silver banshee became mortal but started aging very fast)

Think of your favorite character.

How hard did Batman kick his ass?

or that time where his younger self calls him out

He's dead anyways

do you even know what OC means?

bats has to just build a large underground prison, instead of people just have robots guard them.
keep someone like joker in an isolation cell. have said cell be made of dc's version of adamantium. and have the only way to the surface guarded and boobytrapped

Why doesn't Gordon rape the Joker? Why doesn't the Mayor of Gotham rape the Joker? Why does Batman have to kill the Joker?

If i was mayor of Gotham i would create rape the clown day.

I'd totally lock up anyone who leaves a dangerous dog unchained
that's literally nigger-tier behavior

For now.

>Uatu shows up just to insult Hank and leave
That never gets old. Too bad Beast never learned his lesson.

Uatu has been flaunting that rule since literally his first appearance. In fact, there was a What If? where Uatu was forced to act to save humanity from Galactus in his first appearance and summarily fought him one on one.

no hard. as current beast is a race traitor that thinks he is better then everyone. also a hypocrite (saying banner was experimenting on himself, while he has been doing the same)

I really miss that Superman & Batman run
there were some very fun stories there
I'll storytime the entire run one day

I'm still surprised they didn't outright make him a villain. The writing was on the wall.

That was a beautiful page. Shame he just sort of forgot about it.

it's because despite everything, he's still somehow best boy

He didn't, and he couldn't. Batman is overrated almost as his enemies.

I've actually always wondered why a random police officer doesn't shoot joker in the head while he's in custody then just drop the gun and turn himself in and say "it was worth it"?

Because the writers fucking suck, and the joker is one of the worst characters ever.
They should make him something paranormal.

i think this has happened once, but next issue joker was alive again. no vitals where hit bullshit

I always enjoy moments like this. When the supers act very human.

I find it far more likely that officers are too scared about trying it. He's got shit stashed in his clothes and he can clearly get out of restraints. And trying to kill him and failing puts you and your family at risk.

>Batman vs Swamp Thing
Already been covered that Swampy stomps him. Still though I like Batman so I don't have issues

Hank, pls, we know it's you.

Why aren't most of the original X-Men part of a new brotherhood?
It would just be like:
>Cyclops
>Beast
>Archangel
>Jean is kill so you'd use Emma
>Namor
>Polaris/Magik
With an army of mutant terrorists.

Just put them on genosha or something and have Logan scrap together parts of the New Mutants, Generation Hope, and some of the kids from WATXM to form a new team, with Hope being the Cyclops to his Xavier. That would literally fix the entire X-Franchise.

what was the insult about?

Besides Jason, didn't they all choose to be vigilants? Batman didn't force any of them.