RTMNT Thread

Casting News: Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles has found its heroic reptile brothers.

The Nickelodeon animated series about a quartet of crime-fighting brothers with about-to-be-explored ninja powers has tapped Omar Miller (Ballers) as the oldest sibling/ringleader Raphael, Ben Schwartz (Parks and Recreation) as the charming Leonardo, Josh Brener (Silicon Valley) as tech whiz Donatello, Brandon Mychal Smith (You’re The Worst) as the skateboarding artist Michelangelo, and Kat Graham (The Vampire Diaries) as their human friend April O’Neil. Graham will voice the first African-American April.

Eric Bauza (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) also joins the cast as Splinter, both father figure and sensei to the Turtles.

>It's going to be 2d.

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/kat-graham-silicon-valleys-josh-brener-voice-cast-new-ninja-turtles-series-1053908
deadline.com/2017/11/rise-of-the-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-ben-schwartz-kat-graham-voice-cast-1202200190/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Raph and Mikey are black now

This triggers Sup Forums.

>Black April

Dropped.

Kat Graham's father is black, her mother is a Jew.

Shes hot... but why the fuck is April suddenly black?
Is it just, make everyone a person of color these days? How about we stop making these fucking Cowabunga Pizza Turtle inspired monstrosities and get back to the basics of ninja brothers seeking revenge.

She always had sort of a black appearance in the comics. Hell she was based on Eastman's African-American at the time.

>everyone is now nonwhite

Imagine my shock

She never had a black appearance in the comics, until she got a perm. Then people started saying she was black.

>Hell she was based on Eastman's African-American at the time.

She was named after his girlfriend, but that was it.

She had straight hair in her first two appearances in the Mirage comic and didn't look even remotely black. She got the perm in issue #4 as seen here but that was after she'd already been colored white on the cover.

The only time she was black in the Mirage comic was in an out-of-continuity guest issue by Mark Bode in which she was also a news reporter.

The "Mirage April was originally black" thing is a myth.

>The discussion is gonna be about race instead of the fact that there's not a single career voice actor in the bunch

Fucking hell

>Black April O'Neil

I guess they were inspired by Ross/Sophie Campbell's redesign for April that he pitched to IDW.

>the oldest sibling/ringleader Raphael
was not Leonardo de older brother and leader?

They're sticking to the canon of "T-U-R-T-L-E Power" by Partners in Kryme, which stated that Raphael was the leader of the group.

I love Sophie, and her work... but no way. Ive spoken to her about this too, and we disagreed on a few things TMNT related. I respect her work, but not her vision for TMNT.

Is like what Marvel did with wolverine and cyclops, they saw that wolverine was more popular (tough rebel bad boy) so they wanted to make him the star of the show (so it should be the leader)
Raphael = wolverine
Leonardo = cyclops
Donatello = Beast
Michael Angelo = Iceman
Splinter = Xavier

That’s much, much worse

Watch, Ben Schwartz will end up as the Jason Biggs of this cast and get replaced around season 2 or 3

Eric Bauza is Splinter, Rob Paulsen is the voice director.

Wasn't some of this leaked a while ago? I could have sworn a design for Donatello surfaced where he was wearing the Michael Bay goggles he had in that film.

What did you talk about

>career voice actor
Oh no, Ben Schwartz is on the same career path as Mark Hamill, Tom Kenny, and Phil LaMarr! The show is doomed!

No one seems to be sure if that was an actual piece of production art or just a hoax. We won't know for sure until the series promo, I guess.

>Black men play the violent angry guy and the dumb comedy relief while white men play the leader and the genius
Really makes you think

The first post specified that Raph is the leader now and not Leo, you ding-dong.

Pretty hard to convincingly play a leader or a genius when you pathologically cannot begin any sentence without saying either "Aye yo hol up" or "Foh real dawg".

>Black people can't be leaders or geniuses
>White people think they're geniuses but they can't read well enough to understand they cast a black guy as the leader

>be Mirage TMNT fan
>oh boy! A cartoon for TMNT
>get cowabunga pizza turtles instead
>fuck this trash
Is it too much to ask for some grimdark turtles kicking ass and not acting like jackasses? Can't we finally have some real TMNT?

It's too much to ask for it on Nickelodeon during their current "Hey, remember the 90s?" phase, yeah.

Any hope of having a Mirage-esque TMNT cartoon evaporated when Laird sold the brand to the Viacom corporation. We will only ever get bland, inoffensive family stuff for the remainder of the franchise's lifespan.

This is truly the darkest timeline...
It's hard to come to grips that I won't ever see Return to N.Y. given its proper due.

Got a source on that?

Besides, isn't Rise a sequel show?

>as the oldest sibling/ringleader Raphael,
FUCK YOU

White people's idea of good leaders: Dean Venture, Chris Griffin, Dude who fucked a hot pie.

Or Adam, prince of Eternia.

>Got a source on that?

hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/kat-graham-silicon-valleys-josh-brener-voice-cast-new-ninja-turtles-series-1053908

Shut Up Boco.

deadline.com/2017/11/rise-of-the-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-ben-schwartz-kat-graham-voice-cast-1202200190/

Is the writing usually this QUALITY

>Is the writing usually this QUALITY

Neither Eastman nor Laird have any writing ability. See Bodycount for Eastman and Volume 4 for Laird.

Lawson drew RTNY but didn't write it and it shows. He's a much better writer than they are, even if his dialogue rambles a lot.

Superior Adam, superior Leonardo, superior Son of Big Boss

Hm.

"Well, we made a show that's a loving homage to all things TMNT, but with a few new twists. What should we do now?"
"Go completely ape-shit and fuck it all up?"
"Say no more senpai."

I don't mind the writing at all. I enjoy it actually, but maybe that's my nostalgia showing. This is still one of the best showdowns ever.

That is from her webcomic based on SotO. Not a pitch to IDW.

Here it is.

ew. Fuck no.

>Raph is the leader
>Leo is now just “the charming one”

This honestly pisses me off more than black April.

>Teen Turtles Go

That's really what most people assumed this would be when that first "leaked," and it'd be insanely ironic given that the 2013 Turtles series was worked on by a lot of the original Teen Titans team.

It's fake

Most likely. Or a scrapped design. But it does look like something that could happen with a more humor based TMNT show.

That art style disgusts me on a fundamental level

Go watch the 2003 series you fucking crybaby

But how can we sell toys to kids? But how can we feed the nostalgia of people who only knows the original cartoon? Muh cowabunga Muh pizza muh toys

Meh
This is the real kicker. Why do they hate redheads so bad?

>her

Got some news for ya...

All this butthurt over coloured people voice acting animated characters. Sup Forums is out of hand

But that is the worst Vampire Diaries girl

I'm pretty sure he knows and doesn't give a shit.

Mikey is way cooler (no pun intended) than Bobby.

Nightcrawler would be a better comparison. I think Mikey would love being a swashbuckler

What the fuck is that logo

A "fun pizza" logo.

Do you think we'll ever get beleagured everywoman reporter April ever again?

Tired o' psychics and living paper and the turtles getting younger and younger

Don't go knocking Deanie V. He is best boy.

So they gave her the Mary Jane Homecoming treatment eh?

Yeah, you can totally see her character design right in that picture. Oh wait, you're an idiot.

Is this it?

fuck

>black April
>Raph is the leader

I kind of hope it gets dropped after 1 season.

>Raphael
>not the leader
Did you even listen to T-U-R-T-L-E Power?

I'll laugh if this is her design and the actress just meant the first african american actress to play her. You spergs really are your own worst enemy.

This is just from one of the shorts, but it was one of the more popular ones. I really hope this isn't the design they use for April though, the eyes look weird and I'm not a fan of the pigtails. I kind of miss her being an adult.

I never watched 1987 TMNT, but this is my favorite April design.

>ringleader Raphael
So it's garbage then.

>Kat Graham's father is black, her mother is a Jew

so a cast of five actors somehow ended up with three niggers AND three kikes?

>no one has been swapped
>they aren't the only cast members on the show
What's the issue? Seems like a good middle ground, but I guess not.

yeah user, some jewish girls really like black dick

>regardless of the swaps there are still so many disproportionate red heads in cartoons they're over flowing into mexican cartoons
>she's still a red head in the show
>hate them

Haha... this is what (((Hollywood))) means when they say 'diversity', jews and blacks...

Nick always casts like this. Besides

Pay attention, those designs are from one of the Summer shorts. is most likely what we're getting.

That logo is a lot different from the one we actually got, so I'm hoping it was just concept art and not the final product.

That pretty accurately describes Ben Shwartz

This isn't fun for us either user. Every time they do this we a billion threads complaining about shit I didn't want or ask for, done by people who aren't even the same race as me, but somehow I did ask for it and they are the same race. Even though stuff made by black people typically has other races in it too. I hope she isn't, but they'll probably change the design based on how other sites are reporting on her inclusion.
fuck

I'M SO FUCKING EXCITED!!! APRIL IS FINALLY BLACK!!!

THIS IS GONNA BE THE BEST NINJAS SHOW EVER.

Why? Does he do stupid shit as often as Biggs?

No, because they're not trying to be cute and make "April" into her nickname.

So does anyone feel like TMNT cartoons start out pretty strong but over time degrade?

It happened to 2003 and 2012 seemed to be lost a while ago too,

April O'Nig

so fucking dropped so badly
turtles is dead to me
"what about baxter stockman!!
as far as i member baxter has always been black or a fly, so lets change baxter to a white guy and shredder to a dog

Yeah, that's fair to say. Though personally I think that 2003 was still fairly strong even at it's worst, while 2012 was way too tonally inconsistent to enjoy.

I seriously fear for this installment, especially if it's going to be one long origin story.

2003 is hot garbage.

>REEEEEEEEE BLACK PEOPLE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Come on. At least pretend to give good criticism.