Slott’s Amazing Spider-Man

>Hey Peter! How would you like to work for the Daily Bugle AGAIN?
>Except this time it’s totes different!
>THIS time you’ll be working on computers!!!

Has Slott officially run out of ideas? I mean, he spent a few issues on big rich CEO Peter (which he didn’t even do much with the concept) and the best thing he can come up with afterward is to drag him back to the Bugle? Really? Even after Robbie put out an article calling Peter Hitler for losing his company (despite saving millions of lives)? That’s his best idea Slott could come up with?

>Has Slott officially run out of ideas?
This was obvious when he did Clone Comspiracy.

wouldn’t hiring someone who’s hated as much as Peter (as stupid as it is) be bad PR?

Robbie wrote a "Fuck Peter Parker" slam piece because that's what the people want to read. That's how you sell papers.

Robbie knows that even though Parker screwed the pooch he's no idiot, just inept at running a multinational corporation.

So now he gives him a chance to do something that's more in line with what he can handle, and when he succeeds, the Daily Bugle can take credit for putting him back on the right track.

Is he going to move in with Aunt May next?

She already sold the house

He’ll stay with Mockingbird on her couch wearing her shirts until Slott finds a worse place for him to live. Probably with America.

Superior was Slott’s magnum opus. It was the story he only cared about and wanted to tell. Now that it’s over he’s just twiddling his thumbs. He should just be given a Spock book and sent to his own corner of the Marvel universe.

Didn't Robert literally call out Peter for actually acting responsibly and told him he should have acted like a crooked tycoon instead?

He could move with his sister or stay with Bobbi, now that he has a new job.

>inept
>time-nazis were trying to use his technology to take over the world and he stopped them at the cost of his shit
>inept

He wants to keep control so that other people can't play with spiderman and undo all the retarded decisions he's made, if he was exiled to spockland it would just end up like Kaine in Texas

Peter should become a supervillain in his own right and pretend his mind got taken over by Spock again when someone catches him

It’s feels like they are trying to pull a Rebirth on Peter: with everyone hating, friends hating him, going back to the bugle, etc. It honestly feels weird to me and not in a typical Parker luck kind of thing. Like he’s going backwards in development.

Peter was a shitty CEO

The only reason the company succeeded in spite of him spending all of his time webslinging was because Ock manipulated stock prices

They should just put Peter in Highschool again.

Being on ASM also gives more pull and power than other writers. Something he would lose if he left ASM and went to write Moon Knight.

The context is that Robbie doesn't know Parker is Spider-Man. Spider-Man is very good at stopping Hydra from using his stuff for evil.

Parker is a guy who gave an employee a "Delete All' button for billions of dollars worth of software instead of having good enough infrastructure to prevent being hacked in the first place.

>Has Slott officially run out of ideas?
at least he’s not as bad as Bendis. the man wasted issues on a japan story (different from the cover and solicit) and now he’s brought back to life the last dead Morale family member from the Ult universe. thus making everything that happened in Miles’ run in Ultimate Spider-Man completely and totally worthless.

so.fucking.stupid.

I'm officially done.

>sister
wut?

The people in charge want to regress him as much as possible. I wouldn't be surprised if they dump him back in college to get another bachelor's degree. I would say masters or a PHD but then he would be too old and unrelateable to the current writers and editors, many of whom make me wonder if they even have anything more than a GED.

Waid wrote a story where Peter had a sister (it was ambiguous). She’s back in Spectacular.

Teresa Parker

Read Spider-Man Family Business by James Robinson and Mark Waid and the current run of Peter Parker: Spectacular Spider-Man by Zdarsky.

Teresa is in both of them

On one hand, he wasn't wrong about Peter getting in over his head (although only a few people know that it Otto's the one who started it...then again, Peter could've stepped down and let someone more suited for the job take over). On the other hand, I can't help but feel that it was a dick move for him to gloss over Peter's heroism during that time and join everyone else in kicking him while he was down. It won't happen, but I'd love to see Jonah call Robbie out on that now that he knows Peter's secret.

you people bitch when they made him successful then bitched again when they regressed the character like you all wanted.

Kill Peter off and replace with him Kaine or Miles or Miguel or anyone with a better story at this point.

He ran out of ideas a long time ago

>THIS time you’ll be working on computers!!!
That already happened in Ultimate LOL

there´s a middle ground, you know?

I mean between going back to being a loser and being a billionaire CEO.

No one wants either of those extremes.

Slott ran out of ideas after Superior. He really should've been left (or forced off) after that ended. I'm just sick of his constant need to shit on Peter and make him out to be a trainwreck idiot manchild in his non-costumed life.

Works for the assholes at Alchemax

He should have kept Peter at Horizon's Lab. That was the perfect setting for him. Having a flexible work schedule, doing science, having acces to material to build his spider stuff...
He should have let him be there for at least 2 decades, long enough for "Horizon Lab Pete" to be as iconic as "Daily Buggle Pete".
But no, he has to change statut quo every year, because apparently readers are toddlers and you need to keep jiggling the keys of the car in front of them.

I didn't mind Peter not being the usual useless piece of shit and actually doing SCIENCE as a real work, but the CEO times were terrible.
>"Look how i'm rich ! New web cartridges, new spider-mobile ! Look how i'm successful, 50 people on the whole Universe bought a Webware !"
>CEO stuff ? Building science stuff ? Nah fuck that, i'll just fly all over the world like Tony and jump into spidey suit instead of responsability.
>Uncle Ben rolls in his coffin again

What I want to know is if he'll kill Black Cat.

>Robbie wrote a "Fuck Peter Parker" slam piece because that's what the people want to read.

That doesn't sound like Robbie. In fact, Robbie would usually be the one telling JJJ not to do a story like that. Robbie was supposed to be the Bugle's journalistic integrity. It's why he's quitting all the time.

No, I specifically wanted Peter to become a college professor or highschool teacher and for him to be married again.

because ceo parker sucked

Did those Japan issues actually go anywhere? I know it ended with Cable revealing how important Miles is to the future or something like that but outside of that it was pointless.

but does every issue have to lead somewhere? It was a funny two issues long adventure

But Parker is the guy that gave free software stopping a zombie-clone apocalypse.

the problem is the writer, not the character.

It was a pointless side story
Yeah, it was so fun of Bendis wasting time. Almost as fun as Bendis assuming no one in Japan has eaten an hamburger. Classic! Remember kids, racism is okay when you’re a fifty-year-old Jew!

>if he was exiled to spockland it would just end up like Kaine in Texas
It might end up good?

This. Being a scientist was Peter’s biggest dream come true. Not working at the Bugle or being a CEO. He should have stayed there and kept making inventions.

Or do yourself a favor and don't read either. Family Business isn't anything special and Zdarsky-Man is worse than Slott.

It is the character too. I can't remember last time Peter was a hero without being a whiny lazy ass jerk.

>and Zdarsky-Man is worse than Slott.
It's debatable. I'd say this week's issue was better than the last few years of Slott but when Zdarsky's Spider-Man is cringey it's worse than Slott.

>But no, he has to change statut quo every year, because apparently readers are toddlers and you need to keep jiggling the keys of the car in front of them
It’s true to a certain extent. Slott’s writing boring as hell. Like really really really really boring as hell. The only way Slott can be relevant and keep sales up is by A) shaking up the the status quo (sometimes doing something “controversial”) or B) crossover. This is the only way Slott knows how to stay alive (he’s like Scott Snyder).

If Slott stopped doing controversy status quo shake ups and crossovers, literally most readers would jump ship because Slott does not have the talent or the skill to write a good long Spider-Man run. He can maybe write one or two good issues. But he cannot write a long one without resulting to cheap gimmicks.

>blames the character because of bad writing
You're only proving correct

Yeah, his first issues were cringy as hell (especially the part with Peter meeting Riri). It’s like he was trying way too hard to be quirky and just came off as embarrassing. This week’s issue was a lot better and very emotional.

Can you ever see Spiderman comics being good again Sup Forums? What do you feel has to change?

Fucking mobile autofill

Pete already has a masters, lol

Slott is a shitty writer. But even if he leaves nothing will change. Slott is a Yes-Man. His Spider-Man is what the people in suits are Marvel comics want. If they wanted they could tell Slott they want Peter to be a purple elephant and he would gladly oblige. They want Peter to be a 25-year-old manchild and hip swinger. They need to change before Spidey can get better.

I was hoping Peter would realise that he could do more good (and feel more comfortable) in a lab than a board room and trust Anna Maria or someone else to make the big decisions while he went back to doing what he did in his Horizon days. Of course, that wouldn't have been a reputation-destroying failure, so there was no way that would happen.

I don't think so, but unless she and Peter begin to reconcile during the Venom Inc. crossover, I don't think he'll redeem her any time soon either.

This is correct. Slott's not the only problem here. I mean did anyone read Tom Brevoort's Spider-Manifesto for BND? He claimed youth was the central part of Spider-Man.

That was a fucking severe miscalculation.

Bendis is kind of redeeming her in his Defenders.

Bendis wil be the unsung hero of this era

I would have preferred he stayed a scientist or teacher honestly